4,894

Ravens’ Johnson grateful to Hue, Raiders

Former Raiders cornerback Chris Johnson, who asked for his release last season while recovering from a family tragedy, was grateful to former coach Hue Jackson and the organization for the support he got after his sister was killed and his mother was shot in an alleged domestic dispute.

Johnson, a reserve cornerback for the Baltimore Ravens, said Jackson, along with defensive backs coaches Rod Woodson and Kevin Ross as well as Raiders legend Willie Brown, checked on him constantly. Johnson also feels indebted to late owner Al Davis, who made him a starting cornerback at age 29 and paid him accordingly.

“I’m very thankful for what Mr. Davis did for me,” Johnson said. “I love that organization, the organization was good to me and my family.”

Johnson thought the decision to fire Jackson was a mistake, and asked about his observations about the differences between the Ravens and the Raiders, he did not pull any punches:

– “Hue was an outspoken coach, and that’s what you want as a player, you want somebody to go to war for you and talk and let him do the talking and the players are going to do the backing up. Hu was the best coach I had since I was out there. I mean, we went 8-8, we was a good, solid team, you could see the identity of the team. I don’t know what was said, he wasn’t for the team or whatever, that was a straight lie. Hue had the best interests for the team and there were some of the guys in that locker room _ some of the key guys in that locker room _ that weren’t leaders. Here, on this team, Ray (Lewis) controls that locker room.”

– “I’d put it like this, if you put Ray Lewis in the Oakland locker room, probably a good 20 people wouldn’t be on that team, because pf the way Ray runs his ship, and manning up the guys. In Oakland the guys weren’t like that I mean, I’m not going to call no names, but the high guys you’re supposed to put the position on, they weren’t leaders, you talk a good game but they weren’t playing a good game. Ray does that. That was more of the thing that was wrong with Oakland, they were getting guys that didn’t love the game.”

Johnson took in his 14-year-old niece, while his nephew is living with his mother, now fully recovered physically.

The nightmare will be revisted later this month when Esters goes on trial on Texas.

“It’s going to bring all the emotions right back up,’’ Johnson said. “We’ll try to deal with that after the Super Bowl. Hopefullly on Sunday we’ll be able to hold up that trophy.’’

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

ian85 Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

MISTIC u r a racist and ur not a Raider fan every person on this blog here knows that anyways Pure pocket passer wins another Super Bowl suck on that u POS
    =============

this from the guy that wrote the following

“you guys make better wrs than qbs”

yet you call me a racist?

LOL

• guest123

The empty seats were a worse eye-sore.

That was Mark’s options, keep them open and either fork out a bunch of money per home game, or let them blackout, or put up some tarps and hope that will bring the attendance needs down for a sellout, and save some cash.

As I’ve been saying for a few years now, we are the KC Royals of football.

***********

like boarding up a Mc-Mansion because you can’t afford the mortgage. this is a multi-billion dollar business. man up or sell to someone who can. go big or gtfo mark.

• Al_is_theraiders

yeah we are….thanks shrek.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

struggling in one game doesnt mean they suck in my world.

that is your issue not mine

• mcfadden20.

you go be a happy little servant, and i will discuss football

Discuss football? lol trying to shove how a unproven guy will bring the Raiders back to glory days down the Raiders fans, 24/7 is not talking football? you’re stuck on 1 subject

• Just Fire Baby

LOL at that being a flagrant 2.

The NBA is so full of puzzies these days. They should have a time limit how long these guys can stay on the ground and still play.

You see guys get fouled, roll around on the ground for 2 minutes, than go to the foul line and stay on the game.

My personal fav is Lebron getting hit in the head and checking to make sure it’s not bleeding 5 times.

No Lebron, your head didn’t crack open and there is no blood.

• Raider E

Palmer? Pryor? Racism? Damn….

No wonder Jerry and Cork have left this blog on the steps of the orphanage.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

mcfadden20. Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I will obsess over every Raider player, when Pryor gets his chance, i would support him,
    ============

what a liar

didnt you write this?

“black qbs suck they can only win with a rushing game”

stick to your guns racist

• mcfadden20.

Yeah the receivers only struggled in week 17 LMFAO never struggled before , because according to a honest guy like you , who never mentioned that once, when non black qb was starting

• SilverLining20

DMAC Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    I’m making my case for the “honeybadger”

You gotta move like badger
    lol

PLAYMAKER!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^
    One thing I really like about the vid is that he has plenty of highlights against good competition. Love the energy he brings.

If we get a second round pick back, I’m all for taking him in the third.

• IGAG

Maybe Reg and DA want to lower the seating capacity so people will spend their money at IHOP instead. Way to sell out the team guys.

Maybe the Raiders can wear IHOP patches on their jerseys. Make some extra cash Reg and DA. Make some extra cash.

We could have IHOP events. Like IHOP day. Someone can even do raffles, like they do at HS football games. And the winner gets: a free stack of pancakes.

Reg and DA, from now own referred to as Reg/DA, are letting this golden cow get away from them.

Like they did the football team.

IHOP, now.

Reg/DA need to get with it. Wonder why they like hangin at IHOP so much. I really do wonder. Don’t want to say what I think, but I do wonder.

Oakglen has spoken!

• Dan78

Besides the pancakes reggie had the Pryor Special, consisting of… Scrambled eggs and ham…
    Allen had the D-Back special which came with burned toast and extra cripsy bacon…

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

I dont want anyone complaining about racism on this board unless you address mac turd burglar 20 and ian 85

they are proven racist and they are the ones that brought it into the thread toady

• mcfadden20.

HAHAHA, m1st1c is reaching, i never said Black qbs make better receivers, I said black qbs can only win with a rushing game to get you to stfu, but if you wanna debate about it , we can make a solid arguement about Jason Campbell never being anything without running game

• Dan78

And Mark had a bowl of oatmeal which also converts into an accessory to assist with a haircut…

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

mcfadden20. Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

==========

1. i never made that statement

2. you are dividing players according skin color

you are owned by your masters

im free

• mcfadden20.

Racist this, racist that, keep trying to divert attention from the real topic, Pocket QB won again

• Just Fire Baby

Honey Badger in the 3rd, whether we have a 2nd or not.

Devin Hester like, instant, week 1 impact.

• IGAG

I have a real strong hunch why Reg/DA hang at the IHOP so much. I really do. Can’t say what it is, but I have a hunch in my gut I know what it is. As a matter of fact, I really do have a gut feeling. Maybe it is just a hunch. But don’t you think it is a little strange to hang at the IHOP so much?

I even have a gut feeling Jer and Cork are there hangin and eatin panncakes with Reg/DA.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

mcfadden20. Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

================

I didnt say that you said “black qbs make better receivers”

ian85 posted that trash

you cant justify making a racist post like “black qbs suck”

its racist trash just like you

end of story

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

mcfadden20. Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

==========

1. i never made that statement

2. you are dividing players according skin color

you are owned by your masters

im free

If you say our receivers suck , err struggled the only week a guy who’s nuts were all over your chins ever since we drafted him, started, but not even once saying our receivers suck, err struggled, when the guy you been hating since he came to the raiders started , says something , and it was a huge sample size, like 24 games , not even one mention of our receivers suck errr struggled, hide all you want, but you hypocrisy isn’t going to hide

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

ill be back this board is infested by racist

• mcfadden20.

M1st1c did you or did not ever mention once our receivers suck err struggled when Palmer started about 23 games? did you or did you not mentioned our Receivers suck err struggled when Pryor started 1 game?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

mac but plug

you dont have the authority to tell me how to view a game.

My take could never match yours, because yours is clouded with racsim, and servitude for your masters.

get lost

• mcfadden20.

yeah run when you get exposed hahaha, come back anytime, Pocket Qb won the game this year, so you ain’t got nothing to stand on , lol

• mcfadden20.

HAHAHA M1st1c is melting, GTFO here already if you wanna leave, quit being a girl

• DMAC

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Honey Badger in the 3rd, whether we have a 2nd or not.

Devin Hester like, instant, week 1 impact.
    ============

Exactly!!!!
    Aren’t dudes tired of seeing us start inside our own 10 yard line?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Pocket qb won.. but Carson is a scrub..and would never lead a team to the SUPERBOWL like Flacco. 11ts O INTS in post season

Carson would have like 5tds and 7 ints

• IGAG

OK. Here is my gut feeling why Reg/DA are hangin at the IHOP so much. Its a hunch but I may be right.

As a matter of fact, I am almost certainly right.

Reg/DA are hangin at the IHOP so much because they are schmoozing the owners.

Reg/DA are getting the owners to foot the bill for a new stadium. Complete with mini IHOPs’.

The funding will be all IHOP.

The new stadium will be called, wait for it:

IHOP FIELD STADIUM, HOUSE OF THE OAKLAND RAIDERS

It’s all but a done deal.

Oakglen, meant IGAG, has said it first. Bank it.

• mcfadden20.

Mistic did you or did not make excuses for Pryor when he started his first game, saying he didn’t get extra reps, first game , etc , etc? Did you or did you not give Palmer a pass for coming off the couch midseason and throwing 3-4 picks when the game was already out of hands? come on hypocrite let’s hear you change that story

• DKnight007

KoolKell Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 12:06 pm
    Raiders will lower seating capacity

The Raiders are taking a page out of the Jaguars’ playbook, not on the field but in the stands.

In what is being termed a “capacity adjustment,” the Raiders are planning to block off many upper-deck seats, CSNBayArea.com reports. The move is reminiscent of the tarps the Jaguars have put up in their stadium, blocking off thousands of seats that they’re unable to sell.

Although it is not yet known how many seats the Raiders will block off, it will likely give the Raiders the NFL’s lowest seating capacity. The Raiders already had the second-lowest capacity at 63,132, higher only than the Bears, who can seat 61,500 at Soldier Field.

The Raiders are expected to close “Mount Davis,” the upper deck addition that was part of the deal that got the Raiders to move back to Oakland from Los Angeles in 1996. That addition, which blocked the view of the Oakland hills that was long considered one of the nicest features of the Oakland Coliseum, has long been controversial, and the “Mount Davis” nickname was a shot at the late Raiders owner Al Davis.

The Raiders have frequently struggled to sell tickets in Oakland, and most of their home games have been blacked out. In 2012 they had only one blackout, thanks in part to the new NFL rule that allowed teams to lift blackouts while selling only 85 percent of their tickets

——-
    To me this is sad. The best way to fill the seats is to win. We are becoming the Oakland A’s of Football.

^^^^^
    It is sad….

• Just Fire Baby

Aren’t dudes tired of seeing us start inside our own 10 yard line?

*******************************

I know I sure the hell am.

Or how about holding your breath every punt, just hoping our guy can catch it?

Seriously!!!!!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Exactly!!!!
    Aren’t dudes tired of seeing us start inside our own 10 yard line?

——————

Not to mention Tyrann Mathieu would already be a guy who shows the most emotion on defense already. NOBODY on defense shows any emotion probaly only mike mitchell.

I remember saturdays when Mathieu played every NFL guy on twitter was talking about this kid making some type of play.

Reggie will probaly draft the Nathan STupar Version of a cornerback tho

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Carson would have like 5tds and 7 ints

None of our D player would start for their D, our best receiver would be #3 at the most on that team, our special teams would have struggled where as their guy returned a kick 108 yards for TD, their RBs are tough, where as Mcfadden would go down on first contact, their Oline is not mean upfront, our OL would have been chewed alive by the WHiners D

their Oline is mean and tough ***

• IGAG

Macfadden20, why you keep goin on about trivial crap? Who cares if a pocket passer won the game. The Ravens won the game. But I will say this. For only starting his 10th game, Kap looked good. Shoulda won, not that I care. His OC blew it. Kap will be back. And in a big way. So will RG3 and Wilson. And Pryor. It is what it is. And so as not to hurt your feelings, Luck will be back, and Flacco, and Ryan.

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    mac but plug

you dont have the authority to tell me how to view a game.

get lost
    ************

u do realize he’s indian, right? so, according to u, he’s black. cuz he’s not white. and u immediately call him racist if he doesn’t agree with u. this is proof u call everyone racist without thinking about it.

EXPOSED!

also, u claim white people are not black because they have the recessive “white” gene, and can’t produce black people.

u do realize that multi-ethnic people seem to have a “combined skin color”, rather than either black or white, right? and what about asians, latinos, indians, native americans, middle easterners, etc?

seems like most of the world is in fact brown. and we’re all shades of that brown.

EXPOSED AGAIN!

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

I see you guys having fun

• IGAG

Our new IHOP FIELD STADIUM, HOUSE OF THE OAKLAND RAIDERS, will be revolutionary. All the seating in the new stadium will be table seating.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

It doesnt matter what OLINE carson has.. he still makes the mistakes of throwing INTS. Carson had plenty of time to throw and he was picked off during the ATL game.

Its not like Flacco had so much time to throw.. he was a mobile guy in the pocket and made plays happen. Carson doesnt. PERIOD. Raiders were fleeced for draft picks

IGAG Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I don’t care about the trivial crap and all that, I like to watch every good QB play, just didn’t wanted that idiot racist off the hook, i don’t really care who actually won, but since the Idiot is irritating the nation with his stupid wave of the future , dual threat bs 24.7 so i couldn’t hold back from shoving his defeat in his face, it’s all good though, I’ll be Raiders fan no matter what, we could go 16-0 with either Palmer or Pryor , i would like them , we could go 0-16 with either of them , i would still like them

• IGAG
  • Just Fire Baby

I would draft Honey Badger in the 3rd round, and have no expectations of him playing at all defensively.

I also wouldn’t be suprised if, like Hester, he switches over to offense in the NFL, at least sparingly.

Too short to cover, and prob too small to be a safety.

But perfect for returns, and even some out of the backfield stuff.

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    mac but plug

you dont have the authority to tell me how to view a game.

get lost
    ***********

u see everything thru ur bigoted shades. u aren’e anywhere close to being free. because off ur own close-mindedness. it ain’t 1965. ur missing out on a whole new world.

• mcfadden20.

You can say what ever you want about Palmer, I’m not worshipper as people like to say i am, all are valid points that he does make bone headed plays at crucial times, but you can’t just put the whole blame on him either, if you want to save Flacco >>> Palmer sure nobody can debate that since he just won a SB, but you guys are forgetting their D, their Special teams, their WR, their TE, their RB , their OL are also better than what Raiders have to offer at those positions

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    February 1st, 2013 at 4:49 pm

i like watching black men
    **************

yep. that’s what i thought.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Blah blah blah.. Carson is a scrub.. and will be forced to take a pay cut like WIMBLEY.. or be CUT PERIOD.

Cant restructure that trash 2yrs in a row. We will see

• Just Fire Baby

I saw plenty of picks and bad throws when Carson had plenty of time and his WR was open.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raider E Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Palmer? Pryor? Racism? Damn….

No wonder Jerry and Cork have left this blog on the steps of the orphanage.
    ————————-
    Plus my schlong and turds are longer than yours conversation all day

• IGAG

This blog is officially in uncharted waters at almost 5000 posts. Cant someone like KK or Dakota who has pull with the IBABUZZ people get a new thread? Cork needs to leave Reg/DA alone at the IHOP and get typin.

The news about the new stadium is huge. Lets go.