Myers thinks he may wind up elsewhere

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, March 4th, 2013 at 9:05 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders tight end Brandon Myers happened to have the best season of his career just as his contract expired.

Myers had an exquisite sense of timing with quarterback Carson Palmer and his 79 receptions (or 806 yards) were the most by any Raiders receiver since 2002 and the most for any franchise tight end since Todd Christensen had 92 receptions in 1986.

Although Myers concedes he’s new to unrestricted free agency, he’s not so sure the timing is right to return to the Raiders _ although he’s hoping for the best.

“Obviously, I’d like to stay,” Myers said by phone Monday night. “I’ve got a lot of friendships and know the coaches really well. They took a chance on me when I got drafted. I’d like to be there but it’s not looking like that right now. I guess I just have to stay patient and figure some stuff out. We’re pretty confident I’ll have ajob here in a couple of weeks, but I’ll just try to sti back and not stress about it.”

A sixth-round draft pick out of Iowa, Myers caught 32 passes in his first three seasons. It appeared he would be a starter in his third year when Zach Miller signed with Seattle, but the Raiders signed unrestricted free agent Kevin Boss instead. When given the chance to start in 2012, Myers showed an ability to find holes in zone defenses and on a snap-by-snap basis played more than he had ever played in his career.

`You work so hard in the offseason and during the season and during camp to be in that position,” Myers said. “I’ve worked extremely hard to get to that position and I just always knew that when I was given an opportunity I’d be ready and make the most of it.”

The deadline for putting franchise or transition tags on players expired Monday. Myers’ franchise tag was $5.9 million, the transition number was $5.1 million. The Raiders as of Sunday were just under $1.5 million under the cap. After dealing with contracts of players with big cap numbers such as quarterback Carson Palmer, wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, there might be room for Myers.

Or perhaps not.

“I’m not very familiar with this. That’s why I have an agent. I’m optimistic that they might give me an offer, but I guess they had a conversation at the combine and it didn’t sound like they were ready to do that,” Myers said. “We’ll just see where it takes is.”

The other tight ends on the roster last season, David Ausberry and Richard Gordon, did little to inspire confidence they could replicate what Myers put up in terms of production as a receiver in 2012.

• oakfshow

396.Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:42 am
    Oakfshow Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:38 am

Maybe you will find out one day when I introduce you to the pavement.

========================================

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re killing me here…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Exactly what I had in mind.You dont deserve to be a Raider fan.Way to fkn stupid.

• Marks hair

if Reg doesn’t have a stellar year this should be his last. I don’t want to wait 4 yrs to decide if this guy is Matt Millen part 2. start showing me some smart moves that I can get on board with that will actually produce some wins if you want to keep the job fatty.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderDebo Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:32 am

A bad day indeed. JaMarcus was especially pissed. Crabtree and Vollmer would’ve been nice.

=========================================

So how’s the Great JaMarcus Comeback coming? Who’s signed him yet? What multitude of offers is coming his way? Has he gotten his weight below that of an average offensive lineman?

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Hi, I’m Oakfoshow. People call me Oakfoshow.

• oakfshow

400.J Hill Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:43 am
    that is one thing that really dumbfounded me why go to zbs, no reason to, all was fine before

————————————————————-

What does “all was fine” mean?

We got a few good runs out of DMac as the highlight of our season. Some of the best backs in the league run out of the ZBS.

The offense certainly wasn’t some high powered impose your will type of offense. Look how many gimmick double reverse type plays we ran the year before. That was not “fine” at all.

We were a top 10 offense guy. get it yet? Wait.

• oakfshow

404.Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:45 am
    Hi, I’m Oakfoshow. People call me Oakfoshow.

Your wife calls me horsepecker.HP for short.

• willy91137

You’re going to introduce me to the pavement I’m old I don’t fight I fire

• Marks hair

all was fine b4 meant running out of the power blocking system we were 1 of the top running teams for 2 years in a row and moving to the zone blocking system we crumbled to pure rubbish… so compared to last season yeah I’d say cable and Hue add things going ” fine” with the O line.

• RaiderDebo

Speaking of JaMarcus, his comeback is right on schedule. Get your bandwagon tickets now because by Aptil, they’ll be through the roof!

• theghostronin79

oakfshow Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:42 am
    I knew it was over the second Reggie said I wantedededdeededeededdeded my owns guy.

==========

LMAO…..

Yeah, it was hard not to get that sickening feeling after that.

I mean Sh*t…One of our sister companies got bought… The new boss comes in

YER FIRED…..You Aaarrree FIARD….Fired, fired…

Just started Sh*t canning managers…GOOD MANAGERS at that. They didn’t care….Wantededeedededed they owns guysessss.

Draft me

• oakfshow

407.willy91137 Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:47 am
    You’re going to introduce me to the pavement I’m old I don’t fight I fire

Nobody talking to you,and you fire your little willy in boys backsides.

RaiderDebo Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:49 am

No I will wait till Aptil hahahhaha

• Marks hair

Fatty Maggoo!

Oakfshow Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:49 am
    407.willy91137 Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:47 am
    You’re going to introduce me to the pavement I’m old I don’t fight I fire

Nobody talking to you,and you fire your little willy in boys backsides.

There it is , the guy who thinks he’s funny but seriously is the saddest person on this blog

• oakfshow

411.mcfadden20. Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:49 am
    Draft me

Speaking of koolaid drinkers.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderDebo Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:49 am

===========================================

Who was that overweight nose tackle taking snaps in the video? Oh, THAT was JaMarcus. Never mind.

Code just win baby

• oakfshow

Mcfadden20 mr. playoffs this year has arrived.

• SilverLining20

“With the way this league works, I knew that if we just took our picks as they fall, it’d be a long time til we’d be any good.” Jimmy Johnson (not verbatim)

Trade!

• oakfshow

I mean Mcfaggen20

I Am going to drink kool-aid two nights in a row 10-6 baby just win

• J Hill

This offense has GLARING holes, imo, and has for quite some time.

Our Oline situation is a mess. No RT on the roster at the moment. Injury prone RG penciled in as of now. A LG that most of us think should retire is penciled in to start.

Our best WR, imo, is a 2nd year UDFA named Streater. And by best, I mean potential to be a difference maker. I think DHB and Moore can be decent 2nd and 3rd type WRs.

We are HOPING Gordon or Ausberry can play TE.

We are HOPING DMac didn’t really lose a step and it was all Knapp’s fault.

SMH!!

Someone PLEASE give me some Kool Aid to sip!

Oh eff that 16-0 baby

• Marks hair

Code Clean your shorts! God dammit! Like a big boy!

• oakfshow

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:52 am
    RaiderDebo Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:49 am

Jamarcus is and will always be a fat piece of sht,just like our current gm.

• J Hill

Top 10 offense????

You’re right Jhill, we need a RT,AtE and #1 wide receiver

A TE

• oakfshow

422.mcfadden20. Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:53 am
    I Am going to drink kool-aid two nights in a row 10-6 baby just win

Theres a shock.retards dont learn lessons well.

• oakfshow

427.J Hill Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:55 am
    Top 10 offense????

Did I studder son?

• 1960AutumnWind

Dakota Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:08 am
    327.1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:02 am
    I dont fault RM for his draft picks. What he is supposed to do with end of 3rd round pic? Getting Burris and Criner when he did was all right. I liked what he did with developmental players with later round pics and he got Streeter walking on esstentially. Not bad. Still I do not get the Brisell thing. Does anyone get this move? I am stunned because I thought he was smarter than this.

+++++++++++++++++++

Which move? What am I missing? Sorry, I have not read the blog in a few days. Are you talking about his restructured deal to free up cap space? Or his original signing in the first place?

******************************
    Dakota

I am talking about just moving his base salary to roster bonus with no pay cut for Brisell. RM could have saved 2.82 million this year by cutting him and not had the cap hit next year. Briesell has been injured and terrible why does he deserve anything over vet minimum at this point? Also he may not fit the PBS system very well. I did not like the move last year to sign him and I like this move even less.

• Dakota

397.oakfshow Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:42 am

++++++++++++

lmao….yeah, Reggie is not a smooth talker.

• theghostronin79

Marks hair Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:54 am
    Code Clean your shorts! God dammit! Like a big boy!

================

LMMFAO……..(breathe)………LMMFAO

Picturing “Oramon” Chasing Reggie around his bedroom with a Bull-horn….

• oakfshow

Or thinker.

We need a pass rusher a MLB n FS on D

Hey gayfoshow Raiders will go 16-0 , now go wear your 49ers panties

• RAIDERMAN99

I’m watching the Brandon Myers interview on the NFLN and they start showing some clips of Coach Tits on the sidelines.

Revulsion. Nausea. Disgust.

I actually hate this androgynous doofus.

Don’t have any expectations of the Raids turning things around as long as Krapp’s little sister is HC.

Can’t wait til Tits is fired.

• 1960AutumnWind

J Hill Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:53 am
    This offense has GLARING holes, imo, and has for quite some time.

We are HOPING Gordon or Ausberry can play TE.

We are HOPING DMac didn’t really lose a step and it was all Knapp’s fault.

SMH!!

Someone PLEASE give me some Kool Aid to sip!

*****************************

If we are ever going to get out of this hole someone has to step up. Maybe Ausberry is just as good as Meyers after all the work Saunders has put in with him and Gordon. No one thought Myers was going to be good last year. I have to admit though it is hard for me to think one of the WRs magically becomes a #1. I think D. Moore if he can start catching again may be the closest we have. The others are #2 – #4. To think we can play Oline like in 2011 with Carlise older, Santelli gone, Wiz at center and Barnes older is a strech as well. I guess we have to see how FA and Draft plays out but not looking to good right now.

• mcfadden20.

Gayfoshow was cheering for the whiners with kappernick tattoo on is lower back , n go whiners sign with an arrow pointing downward

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 11:02 am

Revulsion. Nausea. Disgust.

I actually hate this androgynous doofus.

Can’t wait til Tits is fired.

-//

Okay wait till 2025

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

oakfshow Says:
    Really? Got news for you punk.Im in better shape then that fkn woman or you when drunk.
    =======================================================

He11, I’ve been lord god master of the universe when drunk. What’s your point?

• Pingback: NFL Trade Rumors - Raiders Unlikely To Re-Sign TE Brandon Myers? NFL Trade Rumors - |

Code win

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 11:06 am
    oakfshow Says:
    =======================================================

He11, I’ve been lord god master of the universe when drunk. What’s your point?

Hahahaha don’t worry Gayfoshow is on her periods

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

361.oakfshow Says:
    Reggie wantedededded his owns guy or girl.Sheeeeeeeeeet.

_____________________________________________
    DutchRaider77 Says:
    Do you type in some kind of regional dialect?
    Is English your second language? Maybe some kind of online translator could help you?
    =====================================================

I kinda thought he was using google translate which isn’t very good with English/Spanish, let alone Elbonian.

• RaidersNextGM

Gayfashow is really undercover SF fan or something
    I’ve never seen so much hatred toward a team before lol

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 11:13 am
    361.oakfshow Says:
    Reggie wantedededded his owns guy or girl.Sheeeeeeeeeet.

_____________________________________________
    DutchRaider77 Says:
    Do you type in some kind of regional dialect?
    =====================================================

=============================================

Oakfoshow wants us all to believe he’s this big bad mofo gangsta straight from da hood, but he’s trying waaaaay too hard.

Bears looking to add Jared Cook as a replacement for TE Kellen Davis … per PFT

• lefty12

Here is some kool aid for you J Hill,although it could use some sugar.RT will either be addressed in the draft or Berg will win the position.I wouldn’t call our RG injury prone because he got injured,played while injured,and had surgery after the season-it happens all the time with many players.CC isn’t brought back and Nix or Berg-if he doesn’t move to RT-wins the LG spot and is as good or better than CC.Our new OC puts Moore and DHB back into the positions they had before Knapp for some reason switched them around.We also draft a good TE to work in while Ausberry and Gordon get their shots and just maybe one of them steps up.An optimistic outlook,I’ll admit,but it is possible.