Jackson says Al Davis wanted him as his GM

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 at 7:16 pm in Oakland Raiders.

In an interesting read from Sports Illustrated’s Jim Trotter, former Raiders coach Hue Jackson said late owner Al Davis offered him a general manager role long before Reggie McKenzie assumed the role at the behest of Davis’ successor, son Mark.
Of course, we’ll never know if Jackson’s portrayal is fully accurate, so it’s up to each person to read into the story what they want. Hence, we’ll give you the link to the story and let you make up your own mind.
Here’s the link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130305/hue-jackson/?sct=uk_t12_a5

• rediaR

Zero

Zwei

• Scourge

jeez, I can’t get used to all these new posts!

vier

funf

sechs

raiderfankirk Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Scourge Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:24 pm
    any mech. engineers in here?
    —————————–
    Do you mean guys/gals that go to school to learn how to design and draw shizt that don’t really work?
    ===========================================
    Yeah, better than I can do.

• raiderfankirk

Just a hour in a half behind someone else posting it this time. Their on a role.

• MiamiRaider78

I believe it, especially how he was so coveted after he got released by us, obviously.

• Scourge

I was a liberal arts/education major so my understanding of most devices is limited.

I have a small 900-watt microwave. Most cooking times on food containers are for 1000-watt machines. To calculate the time needed to cook a microwave meal in a 900-watt machine is *not* as simple as 1.11 x the 1000-watt cooking time, is it? It’s got to be more complicated than that. Anyone know the right calculation?

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Anybody else’s browser rendering this page a bit weird?

• Scourge

I’m thinking maybe (1.11 x the 1000-watt cooking time) x (the number of llamas born in California in the last two months + the # of times Kell’s been called an old troll) x (Carson Palmer’s disapproval rating amongst Terrelle Pryor fans herein/reported length of Beeech’s manhood) x (the # of periods Ian85 uses in a week ehrein + the # of times IHOP is mentioned – the # of times Denny’s is mentioned) within 3 standard deviations.

*herein

Where’d everybody go?!

*tumbleweed bounces though*

• CDERaider

Cork will always pop out given any chance to bash Hue. He of course immediately suggests he’s lying about being offered he GM job. Bash Hue all you want (sure you haters will jump all over it) but he’s the best HC we’ve had since Gruden and makes DA look like what he is – a total joke. Hue might have to wait, but he will get another chance again, certainly at OC and in a few years, HC. He’s that good and young enough to recover from being run over by an insecure and stupid Mark Davis and the jokers we call the ‘Bay Area media’ who even now won’t let sleeping dogs lie. DA absolutely stinks up the joint and they haven’t peeped a bad word about him because they love it when the Raider suck and he’s such a lapdog and lets them do what they want. The local media hates the Raiders because Al crapped on them for years, as they totally deserved, and they won’t let up – ever. Just throw on CSN bay area or 95.7 the game, or read Kawakami or Rotto, etc etc. Then compare that to the absolute fawning worship they pour on the Fruity’s across the bay and have done for years – its nauseating.

• CDERaider

Cork, why don’t you just come straight out and call Hue an f*ing liar? Not all of us share your hatred for the only coach who has gotten this team anywhere close to legitimacy in over a decade.

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    Anybody else’s browser rendering this page a bit weird?

———————

Scourge Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:38 pm

—————————–
    Try microwaze popcorn and listen un till the popping slows down. Then you’ll know your machine.,

CDERaider Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:13 pm
    ——————————————
    Uh Uh…… Cable man. Hue was bomb OC!

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Man hue is butt hurt bout his situation here how it ended..should have kept his mputh shut after that last game…
    Thats what fuk’d him up

Scourge Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:02 pm
    *tumbleweed bounces though*
    ————————————
    It tumbles?????

r8dercain Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:21 pm
    Thats what fuk’d him up
    ———————————-
    Yes it did.

• raiderfankirk

Cable man head, Hue OC, Rob Ryan DC, and be we be much better off. Hind site is 20/20.

• Scourge

Just found a website that says my original 1.11 x 1000-watt time is right.

• raiderfankirk

Oh! Myself as GM. I’d just ask you guys!

Scourge Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    Just found a website that says my original 1.11 x 1000-watt time is right.
    ——————————–
    F that. Sometimes the popcorn is right. Just listen!

• r8eray

Speaking to CSN Bay Area Tuesday, Carson Palmer admitted his Raiders future is still up in the air.
    “Not sure what’s going to happen,” Palmer said. “Would love to be back in Oakland and compete.” ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirmed last week that the Raiders want to cut Palmer’s $13 million salary, but by how much remains unclear. With perhaps the league’s worst roster, it wouldn’t be stunning if the Raiders opted to cut the cord on their aging and overpaid quarterback.

Source: CSN Bay Area

Offer him the vet min.?

If declines the offer… start TP and draft EJ (3rd) or Klein (6th).

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

I have to admit that hue had us on the right track offensivly..he wasnt given much a chance with no al around..

But he would have the same situ as regime..with the cap an draft picks an what not..

• Scourge

okay, it usually tumbles, but given the terrain here, it’s more of a bounce.

*makes note to buy popcorn*

r8eray Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Source: CSN Bay Area

Offer him the vet min.?

If declines the offer… start TP and draft EJ (3rd) or Klein (6th).

————————————-
    posibility, buthe’ll be back. If not it would be Geno. At that point you can’t count on EJ in the third being there. Hope palmer is back and settled before draft, but if not Having two moble QB’s in a similiar mold is very intruiging.

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Wow palmer is talking crap now…take the paycut homey an lets roll

Scourge Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:31 pm
    *makes note to buy popcorn*

————————-
    I’ll try the 1000 x 1.11

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

3mil is better than no mil..we need palmer back..lets just hope thats crap..

• raiderfankirk

I google beer cans peer pound and found an anwser of roughly 33 cans per. I had 150 Lbs last time.

36. LOL

WTF did P-man go?!

• DJ Johnny

Anybody elses page look weird?

• Scourge

DJJ, evening! My page looks okay just the text box is really wide.

• Scourge

Of course, I blow it up to make it easier to read.

• DJ Johnny

Raiderfankirk Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    Anybody else’s browser rendering this page a bit weird?

———————

Woops. I see u guys already addressed this.

• DJ Johnny

Scourge Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:45 pm
    DJJ, evening! My page looks okay just the text box is really wide.

Evening Scourge. Yeah mine too.

I hope it isn’t the new “format”.

• Scourge

DJJ, dunno whut to tell ya.

• Scourge

DJJ, I hope not. Unless you have a widescreen, it’s terrible. Is it a new version of the word press software?

test test test test test test test test test
    test test test
    test test test test test test test test test

• Scourge

Hmmm, I guess we’ll hafta assume a certain width
    and use the enter key more often.

• Scourge

It’s Corky’s revenge against all his critics herein.

• DJ Johnny

I didn’t expect to hear those words from Palmer. I would be really surprised if Palmer didn’t accept a reasonable “adjustment” in pay.

It would change my opinion a bit if he were being cocky about this. I’m not passing judgement yet,but i am a little surprised at this. I didn’t expect things wouldn’t be going smoothly.

• DJ Johnny

Scourge, this will take some getting used to if this is how it’s gonna be here on out.

DJ Johnny Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

——————————————-
    Me either. I expected a smooth adjustment. We will see?