2,065

Mitchell could return in 2013

The Raiders apparently aren’t bent on purging everything associated to owner Al Davis in 2013.

Safety Mike Mitchell, widely regarded as a major reach as a second-round pick (No. 47 overall) in the 2009 draft, is cautiously optimistic about returning to the team that selected him out of Ohio four seasons ago.

Mitchell, whose exuberance and willingness to hit drew mostly compliments from coach Dennis Allen last season, said he left the Raiders facility following the season feeling good about his chances of coming back.

“The fact that they’re showing interest in getting a deal done I think that says that,” Mitchell said by phone Tuesday night. “At the same time, it’s a business. Things change overnight. You never know how that’s going to play out. It’s good for me to leave (Alameda) knowing they want to bring me back and it’s good for me to them to be contact my agent trying to get a deal done. That’s reassuring.

“They’re men of their word. I’ve said that since day 1. I believe coach Allen and Reggie are good me and they’ve followed that up by what they’ve shown me in free agency. But still, it’s an extremely tough decision. I’m not even close to making a decision yet.”

To review, Mitchell’s solid senior season at Ohio University and a spectacular Pro Day caught the eye of Davis. The Raiders picked him in the second round, while some draft analysts _ including the highly respected Mike Mayock of NFL Network _ had him as a late-round pick or free agent.

Mitchell said he feels capable of being a starter in the NFL. Whether the Raiders can offer that, or whether they’re even intending on offering it, remains an open question. Strong safety Tyvon Branch signed a multi-year deal last season after being named the club’s franchise player. Michael Huff, who moved to cornerback in Week 3 last season, is slated to return to free safety.

Both McKenzie and Allen have talked of Huff’s contributions at corner and about looking forward to him returning at free safety. Huff’s most recent contract would make him difficult to release. He’s due $4 million in salary plus a $4 million roster bonus entering free agency, but the amount of dead money from releasing Huff would total approximately $9.5 million.

More likely, the Raiders would reduce Huff’s base salary and extend him even further into the future. The final two years of Huff’s contract _ 2015 and 2016 _ are voidable years.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DutchRaider77

Viking is an actual name of a tribal group of europe…
    ______________________

No it isn’t. Nobody called themselves the Vikings as a people…it is a desription.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DutchRaider77 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 10:57 am

1836.Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 10:46 am

your take is indicative of the real issue.

1. “not sure where to draw the line”

you dont get to “draw the line” for another group of people. the native americans decide for themselves what is or isnt offensive. Your presumed authority is racism.

2. If people that classify themselves are not offended by the term viking that is for them to determine.

Viking is an actual name of a tribal group of europe, redskin is negative and degrading term like colored, or negrow

____________________________________________

I was talking about my line, what I should be offended by in my culture, Jack@ss.

Also, why do you assume my racial identity? My father’s side of MY family has various Native American blood lines in it.

So is NAACP a offensive organizational name?

Moron, did you not see where I said “redskin” is a racial slur? Noticed you cut that part out.
    ====================

I wasnt attacking you so dont be emotional.

I was pointing out the presumed authority that others believe they are free to decide for someone else.

If you are not one of the offenders, why be upset?

heads up naacp was founded and always has been controlled by people that classify themselves as white

• r8eray

DJ Johnny Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 10:58 am
    RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 10:50 am
    If I was a pirate I might be offended by the Raider logo.

What’s with this one eyed stuff ?

I’d really be outraged if they depicted me with a peg for a leg or hook for an arm.

Pirates of the world unite and demand that you are portrayed as being able bodied !

We’ll get to the swashbuckling, pillaging part later.

..and what’s with the drunken, violent midget as a representative of the Irish?

We’ve been battling that stereotype for ages.

When they got off the boat at Ellis Island all they saw at the factories when they were trying to get a job was “no work for Irish”.

=======

Sounds to like someone’s been watching ‘Gangs of New York’?

• r8eray

*me

• inonewordraider

r8eray Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:04 am
    Here’s a good one with Tyler Bray vs Shariff Floyd 2012.

Guess who wins?
    _______
    didn’t realize how much they double team the guy, obviously they gameplan around him. but precisely why star is better, the guy is doubled, and doesn’t move. plus talk about his shape all you want, he’s relentless and nasty. put him next to houston and bryant, that’s a nasty hungry line

• JB

r8eray Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:04 am

Here’s a good one with Tyler Bray vs Shariff Floyd 2012.

Guess who wins?
    ********************

Based on that video Floyd is nothing to write home about. Are we now back to Star Lotuleiei?

According to mock drafts for 2014 we’ll have another #3 pick again. If so they show us picking Clowney. Now that is a sure thing pick. Hope it happens.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DutchRaider77 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Viking is an actual name of a tribal group of europe…
    ______________________

========

if you were not in such hurry to disagree and prove me wrong all of the time you would not embarrass yourself so easily dutch

Tribal group means group of tribes

danes, norse and so on. For the record other people from europe (white) began referring to these groups as vikings

this is a name that people that classify themselves as white called one another.

Not a name given by non whites

• raiderfankirk

If I was indian I would be proud that an NFL team would use an indian to depicted a team. The funny thing is that if they changed their name to ‘The Crackers” and put Al Bundy on the helmet everyone would think it was funny as hell. I would’nt give a shizt.

• RAIDERMAN99

Wait til a bunch of outraged Dutchmen demand that the Knickerbockers change their name.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

==================

wow, this is sad

umm I dont know how the people in india feel about baseball mascots, but they are not the ones depicted in the log

native americans reject being called indian

christobal columbo (chris columbus) was a criminal that got lost at sea.

he landed in amerikkka thinking he was india, and began raping 9homosexual pedophilia) and stealing

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

inonewordraider Says:
    …on the other hand alot of my mexican brethren got bent out of shape when they used the talking chihuahua on the taco bell commercials. I thought it was funny…
    ======================================================

My home state’s flag has a grizzly on it. Which is kind of sad since we killed ‘em off here in California. But I’d be pissed, too, if I was associated with a small hairless ratlike dog.

I hope they re-introduce the grizzly here. After I’m done hiking the back country of course.

• raiderfankirk

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:18 am

——————————-
    Probably right. Still think it would be funny as hell. At the same time you might be on to some thing. Just because some native americans feel that way I’m sure that not all of them do.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Yo no quero oso grizzly aqui ahora.

• RAIDERMAN99

The 49ers should change their name, it’s just so outdated.

• DutchRaider77

@mistic

Your statment is still wrong! Nobody referred to themselves as Viking. It was a verb, to go Vikings/Raiding. I know you see white people as one giant group of people, but there isn’t one homegenous culture.

• R8ER MIKE

raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

**************
    lol .. change it to rednecks !!
    have the logo be a refrigerator sitting on the front porch of a old shack, with a couple broken down cars in the yard !!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    … he landed in amerikkka…
    ====================================================

Amerigo Vespucci might be offended by your intentionally mispelled slurring of America.

• R8ER MIKE

?? am i the only one here that skips past everything Mistic posts ??

• poprox13

R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:27 am

?? am i the only one here that skips past everything Mistic posts ??
    ______________

• raiderfankirk

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:20 am
    raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

==================

wow, this is sad

native americans reject being called indian

christobal columbo (chris columbus) was a criminal that got lost at sea.

———————————
    There you go again speaking for everyone like your the spokesman for the NAACP. Do you really think all “native americans” feel that way? Do you know all of them? My cusin is 1/4 mexican 1/4 apache, 1/2 german looks like Cheech and has never once said a word to me about native american vs indian.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

R8ER MIKE Says:
    lol .. change it to rednecks !!
    ===================================================

I thought you said you couldn’t watch TV on the front porch ‘cuz there was no electricity nearby. Or did you run that extension cord like I suggested?

• raiderfankirk

R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:24 am
    raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

**************
    lol .. change it to rednecks !!
    ———————

lol

• raiderfankirk

R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    ?? am i the only one here that skips past everything Mistic posts ??
    —————————–

Good advise. Hard to ignore all the ignorant shizt.

• R8ER MIKE

lol … got the electric on the back porch Purvisman !!
    hows the watch for little llama feet sticking out of big llamas going ???

• R8ER MIKE

lol .. i be a high class redneck !!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DutchRaider77 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:24 am

@mistic

==============

dutch one group of whites called another group of whites vikings. i used the term they invented because this discussion veered when you brought up the viking football team.

That isnt my doing verb or no verb.

This group of people that lived in a certain geography and tended to derive their exsitence from seafaring are commonly referred to as vikings by people that call themselves white.

If you have an issue take it up with them. this is not a name forced on any one from non whites

• DutchRaider77

1873.raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:32 am
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    ?? am i the only one here that skips past everything Mistic posts ??
    —————————–

Good advise. Hard to ignore all the ignorant shizt.

_______________

It just kills me that he preaches at us and then brags about watching every “Redskin” game…his favorite player plays for that “Redskins.” I bet in the last year he has posted the word Redskin more than anybody else on this board.

• RAIDERMAN99

Imagine the law suits if there was a city named Fudge and the Packers moved there.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:29 am

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:20 am
    raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

==================

wow, this is sad

native americans reject being called indian

christobal columbo (chris columbus) was a criminal that got lost at sea.

———————————
    ===========

where did i say ‘all’ in reference to anyone?

I do have native americans in my own family that despise the term

indians are from india this is why the common term now is native american

where have you been for the last 30 years?

• R8ER MIKE

could tell you Dutch.
    like i said i just skip his posts.

• 1960AutumnWind

Dutch

You don’t understand – He is exempted. He does not belong to an oppressing group like you do (Mr. Viking). He can do this without any issues whatsoever becaue he is pure and your white sorry ass is not.

I just skip unless they start with “Breaking Wind”

• NGRaiderfan

Anyone heard anything today about the raiders? anything at all?

• Marks hair

The redskins? What if your ppl were slaughtered and the survivors were known as the baby dìcks? Would it be racist and awful then??

• R8ER MIKE

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:37 am

************************
    lol lol.. like when they say “I am a Packer now, and i am damn proud of it ” !! kinda gives it a whole new meaning !! lol lol

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

R8ER MIKE Says:
    lol … got the electric on the back porch Purvisman !!
    hows the watch for little llama feet sticking out of big llamas going ???
    ==================================================

I know. I remember the convo. Long time ago.
    No baby yet. Tomorrow is the theoritical due date(345 days after breeding) but you’re on alert at least two weeks prior, especially with first time mamallamas which she is.

• Raider E

May the moon keep you centered,
    May the sun keep you dancing,
    And the stars shed light on your dreams.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DutchRaider77 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:35 am

1873.raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:32 am
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:27 am
    ?? am i the only one here that skips past everything Mistic posts ??
    —————————–

Good advise. Hard to ignore all the ignorant shizt.

_______________

============

dutch that is weak

RGIII was one of my favorite qbs all the way back to his freshman year in college.

If he was drafted by the a team from mars i wouldnt care. i would still watch.

I dont buy tickets or team apperal they get no money from me other than what they may get from me watching on tv somehow.

Has nothing to do with the current uproar and court case pertaining to the name and logo.

i think sports is awash in racism and apparently im not the only one if its in court.

i cheer for the players, not the owners

lol grow up

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Marks hair Says:
    ================================================

There it is. Kind of. The Washington Foreskins.

• Raider E

There is a big racial debate going on between Native americans and Mexicans.

We call it sopapilla, they call it frybread.

• raiderfankirk

R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:39 am
    RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:37 am

************************
    —————————-
    Gotta get rid of the G and put Rupaul on the helmet.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Miss Tick, The PCest SupaVillian eva!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Dutch

I just skip unless they start with “Breaking Wind”
    =====================

I didnt “do this”

the people taking the redskins to court did, i simply noticed it and posted an opinion on it.

Boy i see certain people get upset when you point out racism and domestic terrorism

i didnt name the team, nor did i take the people to court that did.

Im just an observer

• mcfadden20.

Poor Mistic , please explain 13-19 by Cam Newton

• R8ER MIKE

well good luck there Purvisman !!
    let us know when the blessed event happens.
    will lit up a tree and crack open a beer to celebrate !!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:

I didnt “do this”

=====================================================

That’s Kell’s job. Go back to doing what you do best. I mean, what you do.

• raiderfankirk

——————————-
    That’s what racist terrorist do!

• Raider E

YOU COULD BE AN INDIAN IF……

Your car starts with a screwdriver.

Your travel luggage is designer black Hefty Cinch Sacks!

You think that the Basic Food Groups are Spam, commodity cheese, fry bread, and Pepsi.

The first day at your new public school you’re waiting to form circle and the rest of the class stands for the pledge of allegiance, and as you look around the room you’re the only one who doesn’t know the words.

Your dance outfit is in a suitcase held together by duct tape and powwow bumper stickers.

• hwnrdr

1866.R8ER MIKE Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:24 am
    raiderfankirk Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

**************
    lol .. change it to rednecks !!

LOL!!!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

lol any way

I notice most f the people here trying to adress me are also sworn devout palmer worshipers.

The anticipation of the palmer contract outcome is driving them batty.

If he was elite like they tried to say he was, wouldnt he already be in talks and the main priority?

too funny

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

It’s amazing how many white people want to play the racialized victim card.