Raiders add yet another veteran linebacker

The Raiders on Sunday signed veteran linebacker Kevin Burnett, the third linebacker added via free agency.
Burnett joins Kaluka Maiava and Nick Roach in the Raiders linebacking corps, which helps offset the departure of Philip Wheeler and the expected release of Rolando McClain.
Burnett, 30, started all 16 games each of the past three seasons — one with the San Diego Chargers and the past two with the Miami Dolphins.
Coincidentally, Burnett’s brother Kaelin also plays for the Raiders. He appeared in six games last season after being signed from the Raiders practice squad.
Burnett, 6-foot-3 and 240 pounds, has started 59 of the 120 games he played in during his first eight NFL seasons.

Steve Corkran

• Priesttj12

Cannot tell her*

• 8RaiderReign8

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:19 pm
    Ya allowing guys like Murphy?? who Carolina dumped after 1 year.. not even Cam Newtom would stick up for him

or reggie should keep DHB for 10 million Gtfoh
    _______________________________

Exactly. Murphy got dumped after one year, but people like Priest were crying and complaining about YOUNG TALENT.

• Priesttj12

Preist, the young talent that left was dramatically overpaid, PERIOD. Get over it! The other guys that haven’t signed yet sucked. Take off your Raider glasses and realize DHB sucked. Myers wasn’t that good. Neither was Goodson, Wheeler, and Bryant. They all got way overpaid and it will be obvious in two years or sooner.

The signing the young talent you covet is the reason the Raiders sucked for so long. #AL’s_Guys
    *************************
    Shut up fool

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Reggie can give himself sopme credit if he stops allowing young talented players walk outta here
    ————————

last time i checked DMOORE (Whom he called his numer 1), FORD, REECE, BRANCH (resigned to a 6 mill per year ) DMAC , VELDHEREE, WIZ JR were still on the team.. HOUSTON cork said he will resign long term wre still on the team

Reggie is avg GM?? NO 1st round pick, no 2nd round pic, no third round pick .. preium picks yet, NO CAP space last year.. was 15 million over the cap..

but ya HE IS AN AVERAGE GM .. lmao get real

• Priesttj12

I couldn’t care less about DHB and Huff numbskull

I’m talking about guys that can play….something I’m not incline to explain to you guys but Reggie knows

• RaiderRetribution

Meyers improved with 1st team reps, so will Ausberry & Gordon.

Remember, Ausberry was/is converting from WR to TE.

I still see Reggie drafting one 4th round or later.

• 8RaiderReign8

Shut up fool
    ____________________

Sounds that people make when they have nothing substantive to contribute.

• DJ Johnny

Dr_robert Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:03 pm
    quick check-in from the doctor. what do u expect from a former LB and DC? lots of linebackers, of course. looks like a 3-4 is coming. sounds good.

houston, sims, bilukidi, crawford

burnett, maiava, roach, burris, hunter

looks like they might be using burris as a rush backer, taking advantage of his pass rush skills.

signing newman actually makes sense, especially of they are thinking of getting milliner. newman serves as a bit of a stopgap, while they see if adams can be a starter. newman either would start or be the nickel, depending on adams.

i think ross is the FS.

so, it looks like milliner, shareef, or star. but i really believe geno is in play. he looked great at his pro day. it’s a chance to get the top qb in the draft. if they do that, palmer really could be released. signing VY to go with geno and pryor would cause a certain poster to cream his pants.

but will jax pass on geno in favor of gabbert/henne? doubtful.

Are u the REAL Dr. Robert? Dr. Robert used to capitalize the “R” in Robert and said he wouldn’t be back till Easter.

• r00der

You are homesteader, Priest, or a Raider? Maybe you could indicate to us other Raiders how you get/got into Reggie’s head? Otherwise, just blowing steam, acting like a teacher’s pet.

• Priesttj12

What’s he done to prove he’s above average.???

Sign Burnett???..lol… what a joke!

• RaiderFan-n-KC

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!!!!

Keep up the good work can’t wait for Reggie’s magic during the draft.

• 8RaiderReign8

Priesttj12 Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    I couldn’t care less about DHB and Huff numbskull

_______________________

You’re right. They can play, but not to the level of the contracts they just signed.

That’s the problem.

• Priesttj12

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    Shut up fool
    ____________________

Sounds that people make when they have nothing substantive to contribute.
    *******************************
    i don’t have the energy to go thru it with you man……..keep it moving. Talk to someone else…

• Priesttj12

Move along guys nothing to see here……beat it!

• r00der

I see 3 NFL starters, new to the team, on defense. I see fur flying, and some tight butt holes on the remaining squad. I see guys with drive and high motors, new to the team.
    Perhaps you’d tell us who YOU would have taken…and how, with the same limitations?
    Let your ego out to air once in awhile, but talk sense.

• Raiders for life

Priesttj12 Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    I couldn’t care less about DHB and Huff numbskull

################

Who left that you are so pissed about leaving?

• oldschoolraider

We’ve got a great LB corp, which brings up the question, who do we take in the draft.
    I’d like to see Reggie trade our 1st rounder for a later 1st and a second if there are any takers.
    CB, D-line, O-line RB and TE in that order

• Gdog

>>>>

I still think Bryant could be a great player. It will be interesting to see what Reggie has in mind by letting him go.

• J Hill

Priest,

You take shots at every single move the GM makes, but you say you have nothing against him?

You really don’t like Sims, Roach, or Burnett?

• RaiderRetribution

I agree with you, I could see Nix starting at RT, he was a beast is first couple of years in college. Hill, I don’t think anyone has mentioned it before,

• RaiderRetribution

With DHB cut, I could see Dennis & Reggie asking Ausberry to go back to your natural playing weight to play WR.

• Priesttj1

Everybody just shut up.

I know football. You don’t.

ZIP IT.

• Priesttj12

troll get a life man…..stop using others names ans use your own. This place is a mess…

• r00der

Some folks on here, I think of them as “homesteaders”, remind me of those old southern senators, always with the “harumpghs” and “How dare you” attitudes in ANY discussion. They think they own this blog and I NEVER met a Raider who would put up with that crap. Never.
    Wonder who I’m talking about?

• Aphid

Priesttj1 Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Everybody just shut up.

I know football. You don’t.

ZIP IT.

A legend in your own mind. Dirty Harry.

• DJ Johnny

That’s an imposter priest. It’s not even same handle.

• EMRaiders

Another LB?… wow. We are really loading up on them. If we go to a 3-4 we would need to add yet one more though. That’s counting McClain being released. IF we stay 4-3 than with McClain released that would mean one of the LB is going to the bench. But who? Burris? That would suck for him. He gave it his all last year.

What I really want to know though, is who is going to be playing CB? And we still need another S.

We better sign at least one of this positions this week. I really doubt we can fill all this positions through the draft.

All and all though, I like this signings so far. It gives us experience at LB with a future to build on. That is if at least half of the LBs signed pan out of course.

• r00der

Dj, I think you are right. Priest at least has a lick of common sense.

• RaiderRetribution

No trade down opps; I think the Reggie drafts either Joeckel, Fisher, or Warmack. Raiders need BPAs, these are the best, Reggie wants OLinemen in the first round.

The best DE/LBs have flaws too early at #3 overall.

Too early for a CB, not in Woodson, Sanders, Revis’ league yet.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Taiwan jones, TPRyor, Reece, DMAC, WIz Jr, Veldehre, Branch, Houston asll still on the team. Dmoore , FOrd, AUSBERRY

• r00der

Probably KoolKell, he set it all up by acting like his nic was hijacked.

• ohioraider

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

SUPERBOWL BABY!
    ———————————————–
    So which is it, Fire Reggie Now! or Superbowl Baby! Just wondering.

• r00der

No trade down opps? I remember the Niners trading UP just to take the qb from Nevada…now their starting qb. People thought they were crazy. Who knows.

• Aphid

I am concerned about our wide receivers because there seems to be no No. 1 or 2. It’s kinda hard when Knapp was the OC to make any kind of judgment.

D. Moore seems either to be route running problems or don’t know the playbook. It’s just that he spent so much time with Carson but appears not to be on the same page.

I have a suspicion that Criner hears footsteps of will have gator arms over the middle because he drops too many balls.

In general, all our WR leave too many balls on the ground. You can move the chains that way. I hope I’m wrong.

• ohioraider

Priesttj1 Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Everybody just shut up.

I know football. You don’t.

ZIP IT.
    ———————————
    You know squat, doosh. You’re nothing but an apologist for the old regime.

By the way, you have the audacity to call Reggie an “average GM.” Let’s put this in context shall we? It took your hero 13 years (1963-1976) to win a Super Bowl.

So, genius, what would you like to debate?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Again its only march 17th

• RaiderRetribution

If Reggie had kept Wimbley, Huff, Routt, and Bryant

That would’ve been $50,000,000.00 in payroll for those four players this coming season.

• r00der

Aphid, we got two running backs, starters, that are VERY good receivers. Both can line up in the slot. Personally, I am not worried about receivers but am worried about the dough a receiver that fits your bill would cost. IMHO, we need a tackle…a beast…and I like our offense.

• DJ Johnny

Can we do worse than the worst defense in franchise history? I guess we could but not much.

I’m all for replacing all those guys from last yr.

I’d prefer Reggie was stacking up nothing but all pro’s but it appears he’s crafting together a defense that can at least be just below average….which would be a huge upgrade.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Bill Williamson ‏@espn_afcwest

#Raiders Kevin Burnett is another legit NFL Starter. Good to see.

• RaidO

R00der Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:21 pm
    RaidO sez:“We get a defense and we’ll be just fine.”

LOL, that’s what everybody was saying after 8-8 2011.

Still holding to that “8-8 with potential”?
    REALITY check= 4-12

perfect example. You always put words in others mouths? guess that’s how you win arguments. Only way, actually. You ain’t a Raider.
    ——————-

ROOder? you said:

R00der Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 6:05 pm
    Just one request. All of you geniuses that have not got ONE clue as to what the Raiders are doing…STFU…and enjoy what you see. You have clearly established your credentials as prognosticators. Zero. I am seeing what has to be done, DONE. We get a defense and we’ll be just fine.

Your last sentence: We get a defense and we’ll be just fine.

and that’s what everybody was saying after 2011.
    No words were put in your mouth fool.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

———————-

u know and i know thats not true. Plus teams usually keep their All pro’s they are not on the open market.. at least guys in the trenches

• RaiderRetribution

Ohio in his defense, you will have to take off the first three years; there was no super bowl; and it only took Al two years to reach the super bowl.

• DJ Johnny

Ohio, That was a fake priest. Notice the lack of a “12″ at the end of his handle.

• r00der

Ohio sez: Let’s put this in context shall we? It took your hero 13 years (1963-1976) to win a Super Bowl.

/////
    That guy you write off so easily changed football, numb nuts. For the better. Has so many credentials in the field of management and leadership, its ridiculous to see your post. He directed the development of the AFL and forced the NFL to merge. Yeah, that guy. Brought racial equality to players, coaches and management. Built the likes you will never see again, but then again, here you are…sucking off his achievements. Root for Cleveland.

• r00der

raidO, you bring nothing. CU

• TrueIndianaRaider

Im saying trade down in the first and pick up a second an whatever else we can muster. 1st Warmack is who I want or Milliner 2nd Jenkins,get our big NT 3rd Long hopefully we can pick up an additional 3 with the trade back 4th on Barner,Latimore,Quanterus Smith,Sanders Commings,Wrih Wilson. Gotta BUILD THE LINES Bring in Jenkins at CB,Newman for CHEAp

• RaiderRetribution

The top three FA WRs are off the market, Jennings, Wallace, & Welker; Bowe wad fran’ tag’d, Cruz I’m not sold on.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Why denigrate the late great Al Davis?

Show some respect.

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• RaiderRetribution

Ross will be our FS, unless they move Branch to FS.