Raiders get additional pick in sixth

The Raiders learned Monday they received a compensatory selection in the sixth round in the NFL draft based on free agents lost in 2012.

It is the second pick the Raiders own in the sixth round, other than their own. They also have picks in the firstr, third, fourth and seventh rounds.

Oakland lost its second-round pick as part of the deal for Carson Palmer in 2011, and its fifth-round pick in the Aaron Curry deal earlier that same season.

Compensatory picks cannot be traded.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• gangosix

yea johnathon franklin from ucla

• RNOraiderFan

No one wants cry baby Kolb so Jason is da last man standing.

• RNOraiderFan

I knew that misspellings were going to ruin that pist!

• gangosix

no to campbell 2.0, got a worse arm than pryor

• RNOraiderFan

Crap *post!!!!! Did it again!

• WESTRAIDER

Lattimore from south Carolina?

• The_Judge37

Bring back Shane Lechler for #3 QB

• SaintKaufman

I say we grab the best available RIT in the first, and grab another RIT in the 3rd.
    Gonna need a back up, ya know?

• RNOraiderFan

I don’t want Capt check down either, was just saying. I like our QB’s (bring on the hate) I’ve always liked Carson and I have hope that TP turns out to be like a McNair. Remember hiw long McNair sat on the bench?

• The_Judge37

RNOraiderFan Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 8:58 am
    Crap *post!!!!! Did it again!
    ——-

Don’t worry about, no one cares about typo’s unless you’re arguing or insulting someone. Only then will you be ridiculed for it.

• The_Judge37

Campbell is what you want in a back up, he takes care of the ball.

• Dakota

Hmmmm, should I add those savings to a retirement fund, or should I buy a new car?

Raider O, I need some advice….should I invest in the Jordanian Bushmaster 8000?

I think the Jets will sign Kevin Kolb when they release Tim Tebow..

• SilverNBlackPA

Raiders twitter just posted a quote from DA saying he believes the heart and soul of any team begins along the lines.

The pick is gonna be whoever Reggie rates as the best lineman available on whatever side

• SilverNBlackPA

Man I hope Reggie is on the phone trying to sell the Cards on Palmer. They’re the last available potential trade partner.

• Scourge

dakota, I didn’t see the other molestation remark. I guess I’ve grown weary of the jokes given where I live.

BTW….someone please explain “La Jolla soldier”? I know that’s a city in Cali but I don’t get the meaning.

• boss01

413.RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    I think the Jets will sign Kevin Kolb when they release Tim Tebow..

#############

Wonder if Reggie will take a flyer on Tebow once he’s released. Could use his as the Emergency QB and punt protector.

• SilverNBlackPA

boss01 Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am
    413.RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    I think the Jets will sign Kevin Kolb when they release Tim Tebow..

#############

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There’s your backup to McFadden

• The_Judge37

Scourge Says:
    ——-

That’s the war zone Kellen Winslow grew up in. It’s basically like Compton, but in San Diego.

• hwnrdr

I would think that National City is more like Compton, but that was 20 years ago…

• SilverNBlackPA

Brennan Williams out of North Carolina could get a good get in the 3rd round. Natural right tackle and a mauler.

• Dakota

Scourge Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am
    ___________

I’ll bet you have….but as a ND fan that hears priest molestation jokes on a pretty consistent basis, I recommend you simply let it go….it will never end.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL Dakota. I’m still using the Bushmaster 5000.

I think Jason Campbell would be a perfect fit for Cincy. They need a backup QB behind Andy Dalton with starting experience and JC had success with Hue Jackson. Cincy doesn’t have much money and Campbell wouldn’t cost much to acquire.

• jesusraiderjim

I posted that there were rumors flying that Reggie McKenzie had hammered out a deal with the Bengals to trade Rolando McClain for a used Gatoraid bucket and a tampon dispenser for the Raiderettes locker room
    —————————————————-

Bro that is some of the funniest SHVT I have read on this blog. The mods over there obviously have no sense of homor. Probably rejected as hall moniotrs when they were little.

• jesusraiderjim

Besides no one is giving up a used Gatorade bucket.

• No Mas Diamante

if we cut Palmer to go with the read option then we should take a look at Tebow to back up TP.

• Scourge

The_Judge37 Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:01 am

==============================================

Truth.

• SilverNBlackPA

I guess both the Browns and Jags could be interested in Palmer too although it looks like they want to give Weeden and Gabbert one more chance.

• DutchRaider77

Tebow/Pryor backfield?

How did Tebow do as a receiver?

Wasn’t he practicing receiver for the Broncos early in the season?

(And I still don’t see how anybody thinks Pryor arm is as bad as Tebows.)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

March 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am
    ___________

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ROFL
    A ND fan giving a PSU fan advice on how to handle molestation jokes.
    Still LOL
    You can’t make this crap up.

• No Mas Diamante

I like our signings so far. Especially Sims and Burnett.

• boss01

Read Option / Wildcat with Pryor, Tebow & McFadden in the backfield?…..could be on to something here.

• DutchRaider77

424.RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:23 am

_________________________________________________

Really wouldn’t think JC would want to be in Hue Jack City…didn’t Hue screw him over on how the Palmer thing went down?

• Thec

he_Judge37 Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    Scourge Says:
    ——-

+++++++++=

Is this a joke,

La Jolla, is one of the most affluent area’s in California.

• Scourge

===============================================

I see your point. It’ll be 4 years before I can let itgo I guess. :-(

• No Mas Diamante

Winslow is a moron who has one percent of the talent that his father had. he has his name and that is it.

• Scourge

Only thing I know about La Jolla is that Raquel Welsh (spl?) was born there.

• Thec

SilverNBlackPA Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:16 am

++++++++++++=

Word for the 2013 draft is TRENCHMEN

• gangosix

tebowing in the black hole ? hmmm interesting,sacreligous but i like it.

• DutchRaider77

437.No Mas Diamante Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:29 am

____________________________________________________

Is he really a TE?

I remember him always be split out on the Browns?

Memory is cloudy…

• Scourge

*it go

• Dakota

431.Raider O Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:27 am
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:18 am
    ___________

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ROFL
    A ND fan giving a PSU fan advice on how to handle molestation jokes.
    Still LOL
    You can’t make this crap up.

+++++++++

Birds of a feather….oh wait, nevermind.

• Thec

F tebone…. Would never want to waste of second of NATION time on that low flying circus act.

• inonewordraider

winslow was solid when he was healthy, good blocker good hands

• Macho Man Randy Savage

I dont think K2 will be signed. They are just giving the kid a sniff. K2 VY are exactly the types players with bad attitude RM and Allen are trying to get rid of.

Man, we are going to have 8 or 9 new starters on D… Who start again? Houston, Branch, maybe Burris! Looks good!

goodbye projects and scholarship folk. hello football players.

• DJ Johnny

Inonewordraider Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 8:53 am
    on dan patrick they were saying they should just combine the rosters for the jags and raiders and if they did would they make the playoffs

one of em says who’d be the qb carson palmer?

followed quickly by a collective NAH

And people wonder why any of us would be upset going from 8-8 to 4-12.

We have to endure those humiliating jokes.

• SaintKaufman

Congrats fellas! An all new low for this blog.

Pryor/Tebow??

Wow!

• DJ Johnny

Tebow does fit in to what the “new” Raiders are all about..good character guys who are football players first and foremost.

Personally, i’d rather we not do that.

• inonewordraider

Thec Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:28 am
    he_Judge37 Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    Scourge Says:
    ——-

+++++++++=

Is this a joke,

La Jolla, is one of the most affluent area’s in California
    __________________
    to explain further winslow went on a tirade in college about how he’s a soldier, so basically posters are saying come on you grew up in la jolla