1,488

Report: Raiders about to release Kelly, pursuing trade for QB

The Raiders are going to release veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly on Wednesday, according to an CBSSports.com report.
Kelly, 32, has spent all nine of his NFL seasons with the Raiders after being signed as an undrafted free agent.
Kelly is slated to earn $6.5 million in base salary in 2013. He carries an $11.1 million cap figure based on a signing and miscellaneous bonus on top of his base salary.
Earlier this season, the Raiders released veterans Michael Huff, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Dave Tollefson in cost-saving measures.
Another CBSSports.com report said the Raiders are one of three teams interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Matt Flynn.
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie was in Green Bay when Flynn arrived in 2008 and spent his first four seasons as the backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Steve Corkran

• J Hill

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not cheehleh dawg Kelly!!!!!!

• Raider E

La Confora has been money with these things. NEXT UP PALMER.

“NO WAY RAIDERS PAY PALMER AT THAT SALARY” ur move Carson

————————————

Why pay Palmer when we are gonna draft Geno at #3 and pick up a 3rd for Carson immediately after that from AZ or Buff.

• Just Fire Baby

What about Chris Rock in CB4???

That was his best role, lol

Rewatched that movie a few years ago, and realized Charlie Murphy was in it.

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    People like mouseman are the reason guys like lil’ Jon are popular instead of the roots.
    ***********************************

Lil Jon? LOL its 2013…what has this loser done lately?

Roots will forever stand test of time

But tell us more about typical black kid stuff

RobertaMR you claim you are not MR but see how you go in depth about movies and music? That’s was MR did….this is why we know its YOU!

But keep up the sock puppet routine…..when will you show up as Raider Riff or Alberta Lame?

• dr_robert

I never really watched Raymond. Seemed too mainstream and bland. My mom liked it.

Seinfeld is the best.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

OAKLAND RAIDERS @RAIDERS 1m
    The Raiders today have released Tommy Kelly. The club appreciates his service, dedication and toughness.
    And the cap space his release frees up so we can retain Carson Palmer.

• mistic666

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    Everybody Loves raymond and seinfeld are good shows to watch when you’ve smoked some, you come to appreciate all of the graphics and artistic creativity in television, then when you’re sober its back to boring..
    ********************************

Those shows will blow your high

>> have you watched these shows when you’re high or are you just talking out of your dumb ass again?

• DJ Johnny

J Hill Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    Barkley making all the throws!!!!

YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

KC takes Geno
    Jags take Barkley

Why would KC take Geno when they already traded big for Alex Smith?

• Just Win Baby

In terms of results based on compensation, I would have to rate Tommy Kelley as big a bust as Jamarcus Russell. Good riddance to one of the worst Al Davis signings of all time. Between TK and Routt alone, I think it’s safe to say that Davis was the worst GM of the last decade. Period.

• Raider E

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    No way KC takes Geno

————————-

Good, cause we want him.

• Just Fire Baby

Is The Wire considered a sitcom and/or a black show?

Greatest TV show of all-time, no matter what way you slice it.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    What about Chris Rock in CB4???

That was his best role, lol

Rewatched that movie a few years ago, and realized Charlie Murphy was in it.
    ************************************

CB4 was pretty good but thats because Charlie Murphy, Allen Payne and the guy with the fked up voice made it funny…..Chris Rock as usual was lame…and put on a dress which was quite lame

• mistic666

the queefs trade for alice smith and NOW are pretending to want Geno. Queefs GM is a fuking retard but thats good.

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    ********************************

Those shows will blow your high

******************************8

Speaking from experience…I tried to give it a shot but just cant go thru with it

• R8ER MIKE

?? anybody ever watch the show Louis…
    with Louis CK ??

• dr_robert

Wow mouseman–ur a great mind. Two people can’t know about tv and movies eh?

I went to school for it. I know it pretty well. And I was a Dj for a hip-hop, soul, and funk radio show when I was in college. Community radio. Most popular show in town.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Listen at those btches gossiping about 70′s TV shows.

• The_Judge37

1453.Just Fire Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    What about Chris Rock in CB4???

That was his best role, lol

Rewatched that movie a few years ago, and realized Charlie Murphy was in it.
    —-

MC Gusto and MC Stab Master Arson!

“How much for just one rib?”

• Moose

Kelly has gone its official

• DJ Johnny

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    ***********************************

Lil Jon? LOL its 2013…what has this loser done lately?

Roots will forever stand test of time

But tell us more about typical black kid stuff

MR was a left wing liberal to the extreme and hated Al Davis with a passion…I don’t see those views ever coming from Dr. Rob.

MR has to be someone in here though. I find it hard to believe he just left for good.

• raiderinparadise

RediaR

It’s only bad, and he is only fired, if the team doesn’t perform.

And maybe it’s not picks. Maybe we trade other assets. Like the last year of a talented yet injury prone RB who has a 95% chance of not resigning after this year and would fit better on a team where he wouldn’t have to touch the ball 20+ times a game.
    ——–

Ok, so lose Plamers teams best QB, lose McFadden best offensive player when healthy …

ahhh now were cooking! we got flynn!!!!! and he can hand off to jeremy stewart!

superbowl

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Seinfeld is the best.
    ****************************

Seinfeld stinks

Mom liked it? So is that the only time you are allowed to come up from the basement is when you puts the DVD collection of it on?

Tell us more about the typical black kid stuff

• 1960AutumnWind

Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:02 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    Any time Tebow sees a camera, he falls to his knees in prayer. He’s a s phony as the day is long. He’s got the same blank look and hypnotized smile as those manson family girls who shaved their heads for good ol’ uncle Charlie. I would put odds that he’s going to be the player who is about to come out of the closet next too. He has had my gay-dar beping from jump.
    ******************************************88

Me thinks you are a little bigoted towards Christians. I mean the kid was raised on the mission field and has been fairly consistent on and off camera. He is what he is. Would you prefer him to act like Rolando or something? The only thing wrong with him is he has this delusional dream that he can actually play QB in the NFL.

===============
    To the contrary, I consider myself a man of faith rather than religion and don’t feel the need to prove it by throwing it in everyone’s face every time I speak.
    *******************************

Ok Just Win

I get it you are “Holier than thou” not bigoted towards Christians.

=============
    No, I believe holier than thou Christians are people like Tebow who have something to prove to everyone by wearing their religion like a badge. I have nothing to prove to anyone, including you. My faith is my relationship with God and I, unlike some people, don’t need the constant affirmation of other like-minded people to validate my faith.

**********************************
    Just win Listen to yourself! Why are you posting this if you have nothing to prove? It seems to me you are judging other people like Tebow for wearing his faith like a badge. Just take a deep breath. I mean Tebow is a kid. Relative to other 25ish old kids – he seems like he is fairly striagtforward and considerate. Yes he prays a lot etc… in public but why is that bothering you so much?

• itzSteve

Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

————————-

Speaking of Routt…I wonder what he is up to? If we sign him for the league minimum, wouldn’t that still make him the highest paid defensive player on the squad? I’m sure we are still paying him with some of that DEAD money…LOL.

• SilverLining20

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    ***********************************

Lil Jon? LOL its 2013…what has this loser done lately?

Roots will forever stand test of time

But tell us more about typical black kid stuff

——
    The Legendary Roots Crew are just that.
    Both them and Lil Jon are on NBC right now but The Roots are displaying their musical talent everynight. Lil Jon is running around with Garey Busey and Dennis Rodman so he doesn’t get fired by Donald Trump.

Can’t wait for the Roots at Nokia in June.

KC takes Geno
    Jags take Barkley

***

Geno Smith vs Alex Smith vs Chase Daniel

Chad Henne vs Blaine Gabbert vs Matt Barkley

Nah. I don’t see either one happening Jhill

Luke Joeckel & Dion Jordan are going 1 and 2 according to almost everybody!!

• Moose

Kelly leaves $6.3 million in dead money which gives the team almost $5 million in salary cap savings.

The Raiders now sit at nearly $11 million under the 2013 salary cap

yeahhhhhhhhhh

• raiderinparadise

sign Routt, Denagelo Hall, Charles Woodson and NNamdi

were back!

lmao

• NGRaiderfan

Seth doege from texas tech:

70.1% comPletions, 4205 yards, 39 tds, 16 ints

Probably wont even get drafted.. Numers comparable to geno smith in the same conference
    Went 7-5. Actually beat geno’s team head to head Threw 76% completions for 499yds 6tds 1 int in that game. Geno went 53% completions, 278 yds 1 td 0 ints in that game. TTU WON 49-14.

Y reach with the #3 for smith when this guys we can get as an udfa?

• realtruraider

1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    Realtrue Raider

I just rechecked three of the most recent of these polls the IBA one said simply should we release Palmer 66 percent now saying yes (this is just dump him with no trade value). The other is a recent bleacher report that says simply is Pryor ready to start? 75% say yes. Another earlier Bleacher Report poll had all options out there including Geno etc asking what we should do and Pryor won that one with 41% (almost twice what Palmer got). These polls all had more than 2k votes.

——————————————————-

The one on IBA ask if we should cut Palmer if he doesn’t take paycut, of course he should be cut if he doesn’t take paycut, I thought thats how this all started? You must read what you want.

• raiderinparadise

The bills want geno smith, obviously. But can oak get a trade for the #3?

• Just Win Baby

Autumnwind, like I said, I have nothing to prove to anyone, including you. Your opinion of me is irrelevant. I can think whatever I want about Tebow and be entitled to my opinion. I’m sure he is as unconcerned about me and my opinion as I am of you and yours. I still think he is a d-bag. He was born to play for the Broncos.

• mistic666

: MR was a middle aged white male from sacramento area with a white guilt complex. i know about that clown. he is here somewhere. sandusky44 might be a ringer.

• raiderinparadise

Steve Corkran @CorkOnTheNFL 13s
    Raiders have only six players with more than six years’ NFL experience on their roster. That figure drops to five if QB Carson Palmer goes.

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

Vegas, Tebone doesn’t have a team. Should find his true calling.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

M.A.S.H. with Trapper John was good, with B.J. it kinda sucked(go ahead), picked up some with Charles.

More to the point, discussing, or even arguing about comedy keeps Miss Tick, KK, Priest and Beech Lawg at bay. The first three have never shown a glimmer of a sense of humor and beech would be be embarassed to bring his lame shtick in here when actual comedy is being discussed. Or should be anyway.

• r8rwill

Afternoon nation..
    Carson palmer. Is not on the top 40 list of passers in the nfl…so who is a liar and who reads before they shoot their mouth off)

• Pingback: mouse click for source