1,488

Report: Raiders about to release Kelly, pursuing trade for QB

The Raiders are going to release veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly on Wednesday, according to an CBSSports.com report.
Kelly, 32, has spent all nine of his NFL seasons with the Raiders after being signed as an undrafted free agent.
Kelly is slated to earn $6.5 million in base salary in 2013. He carries an $11.1 million cap figure based on a signing and miscellaneous bonus on top of his base salary.
Earlier this season, the Raiders released veterans Michael Huff, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Dave Tollefson in cost-saving measures.
Another CBSSports.com report said the Raiders are one of three teams interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Matt Flynn.
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie was in Green Bay when Flynn arrived in 2008 and spent his first four seasons as the backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Steve Corkran

• DKnight007

Palmer hating TROLLS are annoying!

• beach

Cosby show was excellent. I don’t care what race or creed you are.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    Naa na na naaaa naaaa. Dumbass Troll.
    ========================================================

Hey, Kell. Now that you’re awake and lucid(for you), can you tell us how Pryor did on 3rd down conversions and red zone efficiency compared to Palmer?

• guest123

Tebow and his phony praying schtick put religious zealots arses in the seats. Wherever he goes, he brings millions of bible thumping “look at how christian I am” fanbase right along with him. If it’s all about money, he will end up on some team that doesn’t really plan on playing him just like it was in NY . Fortunately, I don’t see Oakland and the black hole as a likely destination for his ilk. But, anything is possible if he comes cheap……

^^^^^^^^^

Really suprised at the hate in this post. I don’t think Tebow is even a bit phony. Maybe corny, maybe misguided, maybe naive. But not phony.

I am with you on not wanting him here either. He’s a good man, a good leader of men. But he can’t throw an accurate pass to save his life. Discussion ends there.

So glad Tommy Kelly is gone….BHP and all the Kelly ass kissers can come out from hiding now

• mistic666

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

why hasn’t anybody offered to trade for toilet paper? he’s young, cheap and according to Raider fans a starter. why hasn’t EVEN 1 TEAM offered a pick for him? Raider fans need to wake up.

***

@Misty

Ask yourself the same question regarding Palmer

Maybe because neither player is on the trade block?

Perhaps neither player was given permission to seek a trade, making talking to a player or their agent off limits? it’s called tampering

: it not called tampering during FREE AGENCY. jeebus cristos man. are you actually asking why nobody has wanted to trade for palmer? do you have any football snese? i won’t even explain it to you, its too funny. Pryor is young cheap and the next big thing but nobody offers a pick for him? i call bullsh*t on toilet paper. he’s not the one, neither is CP. the both will walk or ride pine.

• dr_robert

Martin and fresh prince were both corny.

Cosby was popular but tepid.

In living color was good.

227/amen/roc all sucked.

Calling me a closet clansman for no good reason is obscene and an embarrassment. U should be ashamed of urself, throwing garbage like that around like candy.

Disgusting.

• Just Win Baby

Any time Tebow sees a camera, he falls to his knees in prayer. He’s a s phony as the day is long. He’s got the same blank look and hypnotized smile as those manson family girls who shaved their heads for good ol’ uncle Charlie. I would put odds that he’s going to be the player who is about to come out of the closet next too. He has had my gay-dar beping from jump.

• beach

I am a Palmer fan. That being said, he should accept not a nickel more than $10 Mil in 2013 to stay. He is a better than average QB. He would be great if he could stop throwing INTs. Take the pay cut, Carson, for the benefit of the Oakland Raiders. Otherwise, we may be forced to look elsewhere.

• 1960AutumnWind

dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:41 pm
    Rockstar and autumn–how in the fu€k is LIKING black tv shows from the seventies racist?
    ****************************************
    If I wasn’t under moderation for linking to many links to prove a point to Real True Raider I would link you to an online racial sensitivity course. If you don’t know how that looks I can’t help you.

• mistic666

dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Mouseman–I agree most tv shows suck. Someone asked about black tv shows. Most of the ones u mentioned blow cock.

The seventies classic period were edgy and dealt honestly with bigotry, class warfare, etc and were funny, not lame.

Family matters? Are u kidding me?

Fat Albert is amongst my favorites of all time. The rest are either average or suck.

U dummies call a guy racist for LIKING black shows.

Moronic.

?? stop trying to prove that you’re aren’t a skinhead we all know you have mein kampf in your desk drawer Herr robert

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Family matters? Are u kidding me?

U dummies call a guy racist for LIKING black shows.

Moronic.
    ***************************

Those shows were not average at all…Martin? Fresh Prince? Jamie Foxx Show? In Living Color set a new trend for comedy so shut the fk up…227 was not average. Family Matters was an excellent show…Cosby Show was average? Oh please….Different World was too clean

RobertaMR you dont know much at all….just another virgin troll with no life and no friends

• dr_robert

Sorry if it bothers u but I do have good black friends. And they would be embarrassed by a black man throwing around the racist word do easily and carelessly.

• realtruraider

NFL Network has live coverage of USC Proday? Man they are goin to hype Barkley so much he will now be considered a high 1st rd pick lol

• bcz24

He isn’t gone yet. Until the team makes it official, he is still a Raider.

It is a forgone conclusion at this point, but who the hell knows what is going on in Alameda. Their scouting department’s computers might have dinosaur sh1t on them, but dammit their security system makes Area51 jealous.

• mistic666

dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

: so the black guy collecting cans on the street that you sneer at is your one black friend? get a rope boy!!

• raiderinparadise

I don’t want Flynn, not Geno Smith, not Matt Barkley ….

I still stand that we go with Palmer and Pryor in 2013 and add a 3rd string. See what happens with new roster and if it blows up, great QB draft next year and Pryor can play last half of season to see if we need to go QB in draft or not.

if palmer plays well (which is what i see) then his payscale suddenly supports his 2 restructures he already took and he plays to 2015 until pryor wins it over, seeing time in packages.

waahhhhhhhh la

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:48 pm
    Martin and fresh prince were both corny.

Cosby was popular but tepid.

In living color was good.

227/amen/roc all sucked.

Disgusting.
    ******************************

Martin was never corny….that’s just a bold face lie

Fresh Prince was super funny

Cosby show was excellent….sorry black folks dont all live in welfare or dealing with racial issues like the 70s….we progress…I know klansmen hate to see that but other white ppl dont seem to take issue with it

227 was cool so was AMEN cuz Sherman Hemsley was hilarious….Roc was the schit in the 90s..Charles Dutton such an underrated actor

No I am not ashamed….many on blog see you as a trouble making racist

• guest123

^^^^^^^^^^

I don’t much care if the man is a hypocritical flamer who likes to dress up in womens clothes and hang out in SF 49er bars, if he can throw an accurate pass downfield in a collapsing pocket, I’d still want him as a backup QB. Thankfully for us, he’s not.

• 1960AutumnWind

Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    ******************************************88

Me thinks you are a little bigoted towards Christians. I mean the kid was raised on the mission field and has been fairly consistent on and off camera. He is what he is. Would you prefer him to act like Rolando or something? The only thing wrong with him is he has this delusional dream that he can actually play QB in the NFL.

***

@Misty

Palmer & Pryor aren’t free agents. Both players are under contract. It’s called tampering

• dr_robert

Mouseman–ur taste in tv is as stupid as ur football knowledge. In living color was trend setting. Martin was semi-popular but it was inconsistent and had poor production values.

Family matters? Erkel? Are u joking? Kid stuff. Fluff.

Cosby? I liked it at the time but it’s pretty dull. Love the cos standup though.

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:50 pm
    ******************************

good black friends? LOL….do you ever read what you type moron?

Generally if you have friends then you think they is something good about them

Grand Wizard of Sactown lol

• DJ Johnny

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Is he “officially” gone yet?

@Misty

… even if Pryor and/or Palmer were free agents, why would teams offer us a draft pick?

LOL!!

you’re pretty confused bro.
    read a book or something. educate yourself

• mistic666

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

***

@Misty

>> teams can offer picks for any player in the offseason. trades happen all the time.

• realtruraider

—————————————————-

Yeah but just like the Palmer “excuse makers” say “its just the media makin this up, who’s the source? They don’t know what Palmer/Kelly/Reggie are thinkin.

LOL, wonder if they feel the same way about this Kelly rumor? I would bet not

• Just Win Baby

1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    ******************************************88

===============
    To the contrary, I consider myself a man of faith rather than religion and don’t feel the need to prove it by throwing it in everyone’s face every time I speak.

• Raider E

Copy and Paste.

Geno Smith 2103!!!!

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Family matters? Erkel? Are u joking? Kid stuff. Fluff.

********************************

Martin was trend setting you moron….the way he roasted people was how comedians started roasting ppl for the last 20 fkin years! Production was poor? Based on what you fool. Martin was not semi popular….it was over the top popular….folks couldnt wait for thursdays….hell why do you think TV one and MTV2 plays the re-runs so much?

So what if Family Matters was kid stuff….that doesnt mean its not funny….you are reaching klansmen

Cosby is dull now but not in the 80s…..you are just a lil liar….typical of you RobertaMR….how’s Sac treatin ya?

• DJ Johnny

Fresh Prince was super funny

I agree. Carlton rules. That funky dance thing is hilarious.

• Just Win Baby

I don’t have a single black friend. Does that make me racist?

• raiderinparadise

I don’t want Flynn, not Geno Smith, not Matt Barkley ….

waahhhhhhhh la

Oh yeah and another black tv show that ruled….Chappelle’s Show…..all races loved that show but spin it as klansmen always do

• dr_robert

70′s black comedy is widely considered amongst the best.

Successful black people? U like a show based on what work they do? It had to be funny. The Cosby show was mildly funny.

Martin and fresh prince were definitely corny. Over the top caricatures. Broad comedy. Typical cheap sitcom stuff. It was no better or worse than most white sitcoms but that’s not saying much.

I like Sherman Hensley in the Jefferson’s. better writing.

Roc attempted to be serious and it was boring.

I’m racist cuz I don’t like the same tv shows as u? That’s retarded.

Calling everyone racist for no good reason is indeed embarrassing and shows that u hide behind that when u can’t have a legitimate conversation.

***

@Misty

what do you think Reggie’s job is?

to blab to the media every time he gets a trade offer for one of his players or makes a trade offer for somebody elses?

how the crap do you know if a team has called to inquire about Palmer, Pryor or anybody else?

IMDb had a top 100 tv shows….alot of those from my list made the cut….explain that you lil 49er fairy phaggot

• mistic666

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

@Misty

LOL!!

you’re pretty confused bro.
    read a book or something. educate yourself

>> read a book? what fuking comment was that dingleberry?

• guest123

*********

loved that skit where Chappelle’s a blind man who doesn’t know it and think’s he’s a klansman. Funny stuff.

• 1960AutumnWind

Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    ******************************************88

===============
    *******************************

Ok Just Win

I get it you are “Holier than thou” not bigoted towards Christians.

• R8ER MIKE

Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    I don’t have a single black friend. Does that make me racist?

***********************
    ?? all my friends are rednecks… some black some white but all rednecks !!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I respect what The Gut is doing. Rebuilding was a dirty word with AD. I miss AD’s stock and reload approach

——————–

dude are you serious?? stock and reload?? stock and reload what? have u seen the last ten years?

• PurpleDrank81

Arent friends all the same, When you introduce people to your friends do you say “Hi, This is my Black friend, this is my Asian Friend and this is my Peruvian friend”

In the wild do Orange Tigers only play with Orange Tigers? God Forbid they let the White Tiger play. Lol Some of you guys kill me with your racial banter. Who knows maybe being white and raised in Richmond opened my eyes to the truth. Were all Humans and we all have struggles.

• bcz24

mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

***

@Misty

***********************
    Teams can make trade offers to other teams, they can not contact the player or his agent. We, in the public, would never know if trade offers were being made to our team because the organization NEVER comments on this type of thing. If the other team leaked it to the public that WOULD be tampering because you are now giving the agent and player knowledge of your expressed interest.

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    70’s black comedy is widely considered amongst the best.

I like Sherman Hensley in the Jefferson’s. better writing.

Roc attempted to be serious and it was boring.

I’m racist cuz I don’t like the same tv shows as u? That’s retarded.

***********************************

Cosby show was funny….it is almost as funny as Palmer trying to lead a football team

And you are lying about 70s black shows being considered the best….you will find many different views on that….so as usual RobertaMR you are lying

How was Martin broad comedy? You cant even explain it…you just saying schit to be saying it with nada to back it up…and Fresh Prince for that matter was excellent….the comedy was never the same…they progressed each season

Guest123 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

*********

***************************

Of course that whole schit was funny and groundbreaking….RobertaMR doesnt like it because it wasnt about black people being poor wearing double knit pants

• DutchRaider77

@bcz24

So what do you think when the team leaks it to the Media that they gave permission to a players’ agent to seek a trade…i.e. McClain?

There really isn’t any trade going to happen without a players’ active participation?

• raiderinparadise

Nba talk yesterday = black

Black TV shows today = black

Carson Palmer = white

no wonder nobody likes him in here.

lol reverse the racists!

• dr_robert

U don’t even make sense with most of what u say. U lack the ability to even converse in the most basic way.

When I say good black friend, u go off on so e stupid rant about how most friends have something good about them? Are u stupid? Anyone knows I would mean they are close friends, not just casual.

Sorry. Ur taste in comedy is rather bland and “common”. Ur the reason why bad shows continue to get made. Cuz stupid people will like them.

Chappelle show? Pretty funny. Hit and miss at times, like most skit shows.

U know who else said black tv sucks? Chris rock. Look it up. He started a scholarship for black writers at Howard university cuz he said he wanted a black Seinfeld. Something really good and high quality.

Most tv is bland and broad. Black tv has usually suffered from cheap budgets and poor writing and producing.

In the seventies, there was a period of time where they hit equal footing. The Jefferson’s was a spinoff of all in the family and they were both great.

Good times was bad ass. Took no prisoners.

What’s happening wasn’t quite as good but pretty funny show about some typical black kids. Just doing their thing.

Sanford and son featured the legendary redd foxx. Classic.

PD Ocho Uno….not to RobertaMR….he claims ppl hate Palmer because he is white….but yet he doesnt notice how we are all jumping for joy at the thought of Flynn coming to Oakland to compete with Pryor