1,488

Report: Raiders about to release Kelly, pursuing trade for QB

The Raiders are going to release veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly on Wednesday, according to an CBSSports.com report.
Kelly, 32, has spent all nine of his NFL seasons with the Raiders after being signed as an undrafted free agent.
Kelly is slated to earn $6.5 million in base salary in 2013. He carries an $11.1 million cap figure based on a signing and miscellaneous bonus on top of his base salary.
Earlier this season, the Raiders released veterans Michael Huff, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Dave Tollefson in cost-saving measures.
Another CBSSports.com report said the Raiders are one of three teams interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Matt Flynn.
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie was in Green Bay when Flynn arrived in 2008 and spent his first four seasons as the backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Steve Corkran

• bcz24

DutchRaider77 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    @bcz24

So what do you think when the team leaks it to the Media that they gave permission to a players’ agent to seek a trade…i.e. McClain?

There really isn’t any trade going to happen without a players’ active participation?
    *****************
    Once the team gives the player the ok to seek a trade, tampering is off the board.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5h

WR Chaz Schilens, most recently a Jet, is on a free agent visit today with the Titans

—————————-

WOW him and Louis MURPHY were two RAIDER GREATS.. I cant believe teams are done with them after 1 yr. Reggie just let this young talent go.. hmm

• theghostronin79

Oh yeah and another black tv show that ruled….Chappelle’s Show…..all races loved that show

===========

Holy SH*T man…….Never in my life have I laughed so hard that I actually went into a Coughing FIT, and almost Barfed……..

Until I watched Chappelle’s Show

• CJ Legend 34

If we don’t establish a running game and get one more good back in the backfield it will not matter who we have at QB.

Palmer gave us 4018 yards of productivity but we were usually out of games, playing from behind or getting blew out! The bottom line is he we only won 4 games and he ended up throwing 14 INTs to 22 TDs. I have no problem with Palmers arm. I have a problem with him doing a bad job of protecting the football. We have one of the best kickers in the league and Palmers throws up an INT when we could get at least a field goal out of many drives last year. To me he kills the momentum of the game but he’sis not the only issues on this team. Our formula is not working, It is time to blow the team up and start over.

I think we should focus on establishing the run power game taking advantage of a big front line and than ipen up the past. Every team in the league knew DMAC could not use his down hill speed in the zone scheme. And after DMAC we really don’t have a threat at the RB positon. Plus we never used the versatility of Reece.

• tonedeezy

i don’t hate palmer, i actually like him. i just realize that he is mediocre at best, and he is waaay overpaid.

if he won’t take a pay cut, that means he does not want to be a Raider. period.
    taking a pay cut and helping develop pryor would pretty much guarantee him a place in this organization for eternity…

any trade for Palmer at this point would be “the greatest trade in all of sports.”

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1h

Spoke with NFL personnel guy who was at Marcus Lattimore workout. Said he looks better than every back in this class.

• inonewordraider

best show ever: Chapelle show

one of my fave’s all time: In living color

also love me some Martin

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:09 pm
    U don’t even make sense with most of what u say. U lack the ability to even converse in the most basic way.

When I say good black friend, u go off on so e stupid rant about how most friends have something good about them? Are u stupid? Anyone knows I would mean they are close friends, not just casual.

Sorry. Ur taste in comedy is rather bland and “common”. Ur the reason why bad shows continue to get made. Cuz stupid people will like them.

Chappelle show? Pretty funny. Hit and miss at times, like most skit shows.

U know who else said black tv sucks? Chris rock. Look it up. He started a scholarship for black writers at Howard university cuz he said he wanted a black Seinfeld. Something really good and high quality.

Most tv is bland and broad. Black tv has usually suffered from cheap budgets and poor writing and producing.

In the seventies, there was a period of time where they hit equal footing. The Jefferson’s was a spinoff of all in the family and they were both great.

Good times was bad ass. Took no prisoners.

What’s happening wasn’t quite as good but pretty funny show about some typical black kids. Just doing their thing.

Sanford and son featured the legendary redd foxx. Classic.
    *********************************

Typical black kid stuff? Yeah what’s typical black kid stuff RobertaMR since you know us so well

Come on RobertaMR……tell me the typical black kid stuff you racist….you know us so well

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

***

@ All day

Heyward-Bey had a visit with Indy. Lions are “interested”

Murph signed with G-Men

no love for Hagan or Higgins. sign’em up Reggie!

• guest123

Until I watched Chappelle’s Show

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I sold off most of my DVD’s, don’t really buy anymore with my DVR. One of my prize DVD’s is the season one of Chappelle’s show. Even now I will watch it and it takes me by suprise. That dude was insane!

• raiderinparadise

tonedeezy Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

if he won’t take a pay cut, that means he does not want to be a Raider. period.

———

Restructured his contract first two years, mentored pryor, learned 2 new offenses, on way to 3rd, took hits, no proven WR’s, no run game and has done nothing but support his team and keep competing, tried to go back into meaningless panthers game with broken ribs …..

and you think he should take a 3rd paycut when he is the best QB and has already helped team twice?

cut the fat around him and give hima defense, run game, and add another good WR.

• realtruraider

If I wasn’t under moderation for linking to many links to prove a point to Real True Raider I would link you to an online racial sensitivity course. If you don’t know how that looks I can’t help you.

——————————————————

All the polls I have found do not support your claim at all, I couldn’t find many polls and not 1 let alone 5 supports what you said. Your right in the fact they won’t let us post links to those site for some reason

• mistic666

honestly that black Tv show with the garbage man and his family was good. cosby was good. thats about it for me.black people just aren’t funny to me for the most part. as a white alpha male i just don’t get it. but black people probably don’t think george carlin or Bill hicks are funny either. i have prejudice like every other mothafuka on here but i don’t deny it like Dr. Skinhead does. fuk it.

Inonewordraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:12 pm
    best show ever: Chapelle show

one of my fave’s all time: In living color

also love me some Martin
    ***********************************

As most people……of course….funny is funny….good is good no matter your skin tone…..RobertaMR is just pissed we hate Palmer…it has nada to do with his race….his play is why and the fact he is a USC qb which be default means he sucks!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Murph signed with G-Men

no love for Hagan or Higgins. sign’em up Reggie

———————–

i know.. two teams done with them after 1 year.. ppl were mad at reggie letting them walk

DHB at 10 million lol get real

• PurpleDrank81

I have some friends Down in the Bottoms who would love for you to explain typical black kid stuff

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    ********************************

Carlin and Hicks were super funny….fk are you talking about?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    PD Ocho Uno….not to RobertaMR….he claims ppl hate Palmer because he is white….but yet he doesnt notice how we are all jumping for joy at the thought of Flynn coming to Oakland to compete with Pryor
    =====================================================

B, you all are jumping for joy because Pryor might actually have a chance to win out over Flynn in an open competition.

• PurpleDrank81

2 favorite Comedians

George Carlin
    Richard Pryor

2 different types of comic both funny as hell IMO

• http://Raiders4Ever.com 860Todd Christensen

Raiders Purge of 2013 Drives Stake into the last remaining vestage of Al Davis’s Dynasty. A year that will live in Raider Infamy. Please bow your heads, for a moment of silence …..

_

• mistic666

nonewordraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

best show ever: Chapelle show

one of my fave’s all time: In living color

also love me some Martin

>> ahh i forgot about chappel.a weed smoking muslim who makes shows about blind black kkk members. can’t go wrong. martin sucks ass, only think funny about him is that he probably needs to sit on a phone book to drive a car. short muthafuka

• raiderinparadise

Alll I have to say is if Flynn ends up in Oak and Palmer is released and Pryor doesn’t beat out Flynn, then Reggie is gone.

makes no sense.

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    *******************************

At least you admit you are homosexual KKK member…I can respect you for that….white alpha male? HAHAHAHAHA yeah sure ok….you lost us on that one….you dont say you are an alpha male…others are suppose to say that….you seem more like a beta male

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

FLYNN IS NOT COMING TO OAKLAND.. just rumors

• theghostronin79

guest123 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Until I watched Chappelle’s Show

^^^^^^^^^^^^

===========

Yeah, and I had NO idea how hilarious Charlie Murphy was. The whole playin Basketball with Prince, and the Rick James skits STILL crack me the hell up. EVERY time.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

The Chapelle show was awesome.
    The “Mad real world” episode was priceless.

• dr_robert

Imdb? Those are fan polls. Stupid people like u.

Take a college course sometime. African American studies. Film and tv studies.

If u don’t know what I mean by broad comedy, I don’t know what to tell u. It’s obvious “clown” stuff. No subtlety or cleverness or wit.

U like most of those shows for the same reason so many people like tyler perry. Cuz it has black people in it. Ur desperate for something u can relate to.

U clearly don’t know Black film and tv history. Chappelle was not really groundbreaking. In living color was to an extent cuz it was a mostly black cast doing skits. But snl was truly the groundbreaker there.

70′s tv in general was groundbreaking.

Since then, it has floundered.

And u should realize how obscene it is to call someone racist without cause. U may not realize it, but u set urself way back when u do it.

Intelligent people don’t resort to that kind of thing when someone disagrees. It’s weakness.

As u see, I’ve been attempting to actually have a conversation with u, cuz I thought u were a bit different than the idiot missdick.

But ur infantile name calling (any white guy who doesn’t like Martin is a clansman) makes u seem really dumb.

• 1960AutumnWind

realtruraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

——————————————————

*********************

I posted up 6 polls that had to do with Pryor vs. Palmer or what should we do with QB. All of them had sizable numbers for Pryor starting now (33% or more) Three of the most recent have 60-70% saying something to the effect we should dump Palmer and start Pryor.

You are right on the fact that not all show over 65% but 3/6 do and all show sizable percentages. My point is most fans want Pryor in there and it reminds me of the irrational behavior of Denver fans with Tebow.

• raiderinparadise

yeah DHB left colts without a deal.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he gets invite back to camp

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    nonewordraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

best show ever: Chapelle show

one of my fave’s all time: In living color

also love me some Martin

*********************************

Martin was awesome…..muthafuka huh? For someone who doesnt like black people you sure copy their slang lol….beta male

• Raider E

FLYNN IS NOT COMING TO OAKLAND.. just rumors

———————————-

Geno Smith is coming to Oakland!!!!

• mistic666

llow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    ********************************

Carlin and Hicks were super funny….fk are you talking about?

>>> white americans barely know about hicks. he was big in europe even though he was from texaS.

• PurpleDrank81

Lets face it we all know Im the real White alpha male HAHAHA

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Guest123 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Until I watched Chappelle’s Show

^^^^^^^^^^^^

—————————
    Oooooooh, I’m soooooooooooo happy for ya.

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Imdb? Those are fan polls. Stupid people like u.

Take a college course sometime. African American studies. Film and tv studies.

70’s tv in general was groundbreaking.

Since then, it has floundered.

*****************************

Wait tell me about typical black kid stuff first though….then we will address all this other stuff you are spewing

• guest123

I just saw a tweet titled: Best fit for Manti Te’O?

I’m thinking, naw…I should not say what I was thinking…

• mistic666

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    nonewordraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

best show ever: Chapelle show

one of my fave’s all time: In living color

also love me some Martin

*********************************

>> i said i have prejudice like you do azzhole. i like some black people some i don’t. i don’t lie. i can’t type muthafuka in actual english here so i use the slang. get over it sista

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    llow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    ********************************

Carlin and Hicks were super funny….fk are you talking about?

**********************************

Some dont know good comedy…Hicks was hilarious….too bad he passed early because he woulda roasted all the BS that has happened on this planet since his death

• rediaR

Raiderinparadise Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

makes no sense.
    ————————
    Why would Reggie be gone? Pretty sure it would depend on how well Flynn plays. Actually how many games the team wins, with whatever QB is back there.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Geno Smith is coming to Oakland!!!!

——————-

Strong POSSIBILITY forsure.. im thinking 70 percent at least.

Im not buying all these dorks in the media saying “SMOKESCREEN” I know what I read on twitter during college football season

• mistic666

1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

realtruraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

——————————————————

*********************

>. ahh polling, yeah and the majority of americans reject evolution and think a snake was talking to a woman named eve too.

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    nonewordraider Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

best show ever: Chapelle show

one of my fave’s all time: In living color

also love me some Martin

*********************************

**********************************

Yeah backtrack now KKK boy….did they have to rape you and tattoo your butt for initiation?

• dr_robert

Well u definitely are a moron.

U think family matters was great.

But u think Chris rock and Seinfeld aren’t funny.

U are probably one of the dumbest people in earth.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Says: TV sucks now period…and notice I never mentioned the Chris Rock show…..know why? Becuz “Pookie” from New Jack City is not funny…never has been…how much a weak brotha to say he wants a black Seinfield show? Seinfield wasnt a funny show at all
    =====================================================

Got him and Chris Tucker confused at first. I like Tucker, as an actor anyway, Rock, nah.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Then there’s Brien the Supa Black and his friends Norco Boob & Mista Brown the Supa Klan……………..

• PurpleDrank81

Missed Ya Uncle Kell

• mistic666

that black tv show with the garbage man was ROC. i thought it was good.

Pick Six Palmer’s days are numbered in NFL and most definitely in Oakland

KoolKell Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    ***********************

Coming from the guy who shoots racist schit for years like he is black power but they lays with a white woman and has only white friends in his life….right Michael