Report: Raiders about to release Kelly, pursuing trade for QB

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 at 7:13 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders are going to release veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly on Wednesday, according to an CBSSports.com report.
Kelly, 32, has spent all nine of his NFL seasons with the Raiders after being signed as an undrafted free agent.
Kelly is slated to earn $6.5 million in base salary in 2013. He carries an $11.1 million cap figure based on a signing and miscellaneous bonus on top of his base salary.
Earlier this season, the Raiders released veterans Michael Huff, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Dave Tollefson in cost-saving measures.
Another CBSSports.com report said the Raiders are one of three teams interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Matt Flynn.
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie was in Green Bay when Flynn arrived in 2008 and spent his first four seasons as the backup to Aaron Rodgers.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

confession:I used to watch the movie Friday on repeat while getting blasted all night.

• rediaR

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Geno Smith is coming to Oakland!!!!

——————-

Strong POSSIBILITY forsure.. im thinking 70 percent at least.

Im not buying all these dorks in the media saying “SMOKESCREEN” I know what I read on twitter during college football season
    ——————
    I don’t buy everyone calling smokescreen either. I also don’t want Geno with the #3 pick. TEAM FLYNN!

• Raider E

Then there’s Brien the Supa Black and his friends Norco Boob & Mista Brown the Supa Klan……………..

————————————–

Dumbazz

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:25 pm
    Says: TV sucks now period…and notice I never mentioned the Chris Rock show…..know why? Becuz “Pookie” from New Jack City is not funny…never has been…how much a weak brotha to say he wants a black Seinfield show? Seinfield wasnt a funny show at all
    =====================================================

Got him and Chris Tucker confused at first. I like Tucker, as an actor anyway, Rock, nah.
    ****************************************

Agreed

• itzSteve

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Geno Smith is coming to Oakland!!!!

——————-

Strong POSSIBILITY forsure.. im thinking 70 percent at least.

————————————

The only reason Reggie picks Geno with the #3 pick is to trade him to someone else! There is no way he comes to Oakland.

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    ********************

I can dig it

• dr_robert

Good Lord. Are u really this dumb? Out of all the stuff I said, u glom onto “typical black kid stuff”?

Have u seen the show? They don’t deal with anything too “controversial”. They just play typical kids with typical high school lives. Their black and they live in a black neighborhood and go to a black school.

I mean why don’t u address ur complete lack of knowledge of black film and tv history or ur idiotic love for erkel over Chris rock?

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

—————————
    yup

• raiderinparadise

rediaR Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Raiderinparadise Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    Alll I have to say is if Flynn ends up in Oak and Palmer is released and Pryor doesn’t beat out Flynn, then Reggie is gone.

makes no sense.
    ————————
    Why would Reggie be gone? Pretty sure it would depend on how well Flynn plays. Actually how many games the team wins, with whatever QB is back there.

———-

Cut Palmer, pay out 9+ mill in dead money.

Then trade vauable picks that team needs to fill holes all over for an unproven back-up QB.

You also inherit Flynn’s contract or have to restructure it, but he was getting a pretty penny in seattle. so say you pay him 3.5 to 4 mill a yr. thats the diff of palmers dead money anyways, plus the draft picks to trade for him.

and all the while Pryor fizzles in depth chart.

just saying to me, thats bad idea.

• Raider E

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Geno Smith is coming to Oakland!!!!

——————-

Strong POSSIBILITY forsure.. im thinking 70 percent at least.

————–

Geno has got to be the pick to get this rebuild started off right. No more carson, and Pryor has none of the throwing acumen Smith has.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

—————————
    yup

———————-

until he comes to oakland

• dr_robert

Roc attempted to be “quality”. I give it credit for that. Good actors. Good lighting and a try at good writing. But it basically failed.

• Just Fire Baby

Right on schedule Dr. Dpsht. Get on the JR comeback train now before you look like an even bigger dumbass than you are for your blind worship of Capt Pick.

**********************************

Right on schedule is pinpoint accurate, as he is nowhere close to being on an NFL roster.

• mistic666

eah backtrack now KKK boy….did they have to rape you and tattoo your butt for initiation?

>> are you a h*m*sexual? sound like you were having gay fantasies about me. it’s okay nobody will hate you because you’re g*y.

• Just Win Baby

1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:02 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    Any time Tebow sees a camera, he falls to his knees in prayer. He’s a s phony as the day is long. He’s got the same blank look and hypnotized smile as those manson family girls who shaved their heads for good ol’ uncle Charlie. I would put odds that he’s going to be the player who is about to come out of the closet next too. He has had my gay-dar beping from jump.
    ******************************************88

Me thinks you are a little bigoted towards Christians. I mean the kid was raised on the mission field and has been fairly consistent on and off camera. He is what he is. Would you prefer him to act like Rolando or something? The only thing wrong with him is he has this delusional dream that he can actually play QB in the NFL.

===============
    To the contrary, I consider myself a man of faith rather than religion and don’t feel the need to prove it by throwing it in everyone’s face every time I speak.
    *******************************

Ok Just Win

I get it you are “Holier than thou” not bigoted towards Christians.

=============
    No, I believe holier than thou Christians are people like Tebow who have something to prove to everyone by wearing their religion like a badge. I have nothing to prove to anyone, including you. My faith is my relationship with God and I, unlike some people, don’t need the constant affirmation of other like-minded people to validate my faith.

• Raider E

Geno is the pick, as Priest would say, “period.”

• realtruraider

I posted up 6 polls that had to do with Pryor vs. Palmer or what should we do with QB. All of them had sizable numbers for Pryor starting now (33% or more) Three of the most recent have 60-70% saying something to the effect we should dump Palmer and start Pryor.

You are right on the fact that not all show over 65% but 3/6 do and all show sizable percentages. My point is most fans want Pryor in there and it reminds me of the irrational behavior of Denver fans with Tebow.

————————————————–

Didn’t see any poll that had Pryor beating Palmer straight up for starting job which I was kinda surprised I couldn’t find one. Most polls had some kind of wording in it in regards to Palmer and his pay not a poll like Palmer if he takes paycut vs Pryor, which is what your suggesting

• DaTruth91

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 1m
    The Raiders today have released Tommy Kelly. The club appreciates his service, dedication and toughness.

• RaidingTexas

It’s official:

OAKLAND RAIDERS @RAIDERS 1m

• Just Fire Baby

ROC was a great show and Dutton is a massively underrated actor.

What about when he stood up to the neighbor gangster Tone Loc?

And his role in the TV documentary the 60′s, was epic.

• SilverLining20

Lol, Charles Davis just said he’d be SHOCKED if Pryor was given the keys to the franchise.

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:25 pm
    Well u definitely are a moron.

U think family matters was great.

But u think Chris rock and Seinfeld aren’t funny.

U are probably one of the dumbest people in earth.
    ******************************

Family Matters was designed for family and especially kids on Friday Nights….it was a damn good show

CHris Rock is lame with his “let me tell ya something let me tell ya something let me tell ya something” BS…..as Dave Chappelle was dissing him saying “black people do this(beats drums)….white people do this”….guy is not funny…he is forever POOKIE from New Jack City….his best role ever…his shows and movies are even worse

Seinfeld is garbage and not funny….its shocking Larry David even made that schit becuz Curb Your Enthusiasm is funny

• dr_robert

Chris rock sucks as an actor but his standup is great.

Mouseman prefers erkel.

Rock is too smart for him.

• RaidingTexas

Don’t quite understand the point of waiting until 3/27 to release him. But at least he’s gone now.

• R8ER MIKE

as the B@uceman says..
    YOU PEOPLE need to redneckognize !!!
    lol lol lol

• mistic666

Everybody Loves raymond and seinfeld are good shows to watch when you’ve smoked some, you come to appreciate all of the graphics and artistic creativity in television, then when you’re sober its back to boring..

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

****************************

I bet you pillow bite nightly watching Mississippi Burning

• guest123

lol

Dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    Chris rock sucks as an actor but his standup is great.

Mouseman prefers erkel.

Rock is too smart for him.
    ******************************

As a kid that show was cool

Rock is too lame for me

• mistic666

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

****************************

I bet you pillow bite nightly watching Mississippi Burning

>> picturing me biting a pillow now?

• wishbone

Cut Palmer asap, sign Vince Young cheap & let him compete with Pryor for the starting job. If neither one gets it done draft Johnny Football next year. Giving up draft picks for an unproven Matt Flynn makes no sense. Keeping statue Palmer makes no sense either when we are rebuilding. Vince Young is a proven winner and can help Pryor either way and he won’t break the bank. Dump all the dead wood, eat whatever dead money we have to and build for the future. Stay the course.

• DJ Johnny

RediaR Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Raiderinparadise Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

makes no sense.
    ————————

That’s right. Imo if Reggie thinks 2-14 is “building the right way” as part of his multi-year project he won’t be around to see it completed.

• dr_robert

Seinfeld is widely considered to be perhaps the greatest tv comedy of all time.

But mouseman thinks it sucked and wasn’t funny.

Way over ur head I imagine.

Mouseman–the body of a man and the brain of a mouse.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

DaTruth91 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 1m
    ——————–
    I’m glad management appreciated him, I’m sure the fans didn’t appreciate a knucklehead who would laugh after losses and get penalties at the most crucial times for the Raiders defense to get stop during a game.

It’s 3rd and inches and…Tommy Kelly offsides,again.

• The_Judge37

dr_robert Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    Chris rock sucks as an actor but his standup is great.
    —-

He was great as Pookie

Cant wait until draft day when most of these smokescreens go away and we find out true intentions!!

• PurpleDrank81

Honey Boo Boo should be shipped to Bangladesh

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 5m

———————-

La Confora has been money with these things. NEXT UP PALMER.

“NO WAY RAIDERS PAY PALMER AT THAT SALARY” ur move Carson

• 1960AutumnWind

Realtrue Raider

I just rechecked three of the most recent of these polls the IBA one said simply should we release Palmer 66 percent now saying yes (this is just dump him with no trade value). The other is a recent bleacher report that says simply is Pryor ready to start? 75% say yes. Another earlier Bleacher Report poll had all options out there including Geno etc asking what we should do and Pryor won that one with 41% (almost twice what Palmer got). These polls all had more than 2k votes.

• Just Win Baby

Love that Urkel kid.

• itzSteve

The Raiders have WAY to many holes to fill for Reggie to actually use the #3 pick. His only move is to trade down (hopefully a couple of times) and get as many picks as he can. I would even settle for extra picks in next years draft as well.

• dr_robert

People like mouseman are the reason guys like lil’ Jon are popular instead of the roots.

Mistic666 Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    ********************************

Those shows will blow your high

• rediaR

Raiderinparadise Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:30 pm
    rediaR Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Raiderinparadise Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

makes no sense.
    ————————

———-

Cut Palmer, pay out 9+ mill in dead money.

and all the while Pryor fizzles in depth chart.

just saying to me, thats bad idea.
    ——————–
    It’s only bad, and he is only fired, if the team doesn’t perform.

And maybe it’s not picks. Maybe we trade other assets. Like the last year of a talented yet injury prone RB who has a 95% chance of not resigning after this year and would fit better on a team where he wouldn’t have to touch the ball 20+ times a game.

• J Hill

Barkley making all the throws!!!!

YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

KC takes Geno
    Jags take Barkley

• Raider E

All sitcoms pretty much suck, unless they are on a premium channel.

Californication and House of lies are ok, but all that watered down network crap sucks.

• dr_robert

Autumn–how are u gonna tell me that liking 70′s black tv is racist? Seeing as how I grew up in the 70′s and it’s considered classic tv?

• PurpleDrank81

The Following is pretty dope

• DJ Johnny

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    —————————
    yup

———————-

until he comes to oakland

Not if Jacksonville gets him first….or trades down w someone else who wants him.

I don’t see Geno making it to # 3 so I wouldn’t get hopes up for this.

• PurpleDrank81