Seahawks, Raiders confirm Flynn to Raiders

The Seattle Seahawks have confirmed the trade of quarterback Matt Flynn to the Raiders for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015 on their Twitter account.

The Raiders followed in short order by confirming the trade in a press release.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Just Fire Baby

The Carson Palmer debate really chewed up and spit out quite a few Semi’s.

Purvis, Johnny, 666, GDog, Chris in NY, Seymour Bush, 00tt00, Charlie…….

Feel free to add to the list

• jackasspuria

This is why Gannon, Plunket and Lamonica are the only Raider QB jerseys I have…

ESPN Stats & Info ✔ @ESPNStatsInfo
    The Raiders have had 15 different starting QBs from 2003-12, tied with the Browns and Dolphins for most in the NFL.

I’ll admit… I almost bought a Tuiasosopo jersey… just for the name… glad I didn’t.

• StarUkulele

New post ladies!

• mcfadden20.

Wow that injury to Ware , OMFG

• mcfadden20.

• mcfadden20.

Hope the guy recovers well, n comes back strong

• McFaddens_Sneakers

Great move by Reggie, hopefully he can get something out of palmer and i think a trade would somehow help us cap wise. Anybody knows how it will affect the cap if he is traded?

Rockstar will disappear once he sees Palmer throwing TDs to Fitz while the Raiders keep switching between two bad QBs all season.

***

@Dakota

I will not make like McFadden.

OAK will win more games than AZ this season

print that

• ESETERIK78

“Whatever is necessary for this team to win, I’m going to do it,” Flynn said. “If it’s to hold on to the ball and not take chances, then that’s what I’m going to do. I know what I’m capable of and what I’m not capable of. I’m not going to out there and be someone I’m not. I’m not going to go out there and be JaMarcus Russell.”

THANK GOD!!

• raiderinparadise

Reggie said he will give him a chance to compete to start, just liked he failed to do vs Russell Wilson.

So we will see.

Either way we wil have two hungry prospects.

• 1960AutumnWind

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:12 am
    8RaiderReign8 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:09 am
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:05 am
    Just a reality check. Unless Flynn restructures that is for 775k in cap space this year with at most 5.2 million in gained cap space not 8 million. We also may pick up a 5th this year for a 5th next year + conditional pic following year. I still say not bad especially since Palmer was not willing to restructure.
    __________________________________

Wrong. Carson was expected to make 13mil this year. Flynn will be making about 5.62mill I believe. That is a cap difference of over 7mill at least. Its simple math.
    ******************************
    Wrong yourself. Cap is not that simple. Palmer costs 15.3 million against cap. With trade he will cost us 9.3 million in dead money. We save 6 million but pay 5.25 million to Flynn = 775k. Flynn probably restructured though so there may be more savings than this. We do not know that part yet.
    Note also we get 11 million in cap relief in 2014 by playing Flynn vs. Palmer. That is a big deal as well.

• DJ Johnny

Just Fire Baby Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:02 am
    The Carson Palmer debate really chewed up and spit out quite a few Semi’s.

Purvis, Johnny, 666, GDog, Chris in NY, Seymour Bush, 00tt00, Charlie…….

Feel free to add to the list

What do u mean by that? Is this the start of the “I told u so” payback you guys have been relishing?

I never said Raiders wouldn’t get rid of Palmer. The “debate” from my end has been defending him from what I perceived as an unfair onslaught of fingering him as the ultimate guy to blame everything on.

I still don’t think he’s the garbage qb you guys make him out to be, but I never said or thought that we’d never see the day when he wasn’t here.

The fact he’s leaving the Raiders doesn’t constitute a victory for everyone that said he sucks but if you feel compelled to claim it as such be my guest.

I’ll still be supportive of whoever our QB is whether it’s Flynn or Pryor. That’s how we all should be imo.

• Raider E

ONE NATION

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says:

The Carson Palmer debate really chewed up and spit out quite a few Semi’s.

Purvis, Johnny, 666, GDog, Chris in NY, Seymour Bush, 00tt00, Charlie…….

Feel free to add to the list
    ======================================================

I said I was wrong(unfortunately) about Palmer remaining a Raider.
    Other than that, I don’t feel chewed up and spit out in the slightest.

• SnBG

666 don’t give up those season tickets.

• dr_robert

Dr_robert Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:54 am
    Well at least the daily Palmer/Pryor nonsense is over. Palmer will go kill it for another team and prove yet again he’s a good qb on a bad team.

And we can all get behind our new qb.

Wait. What? Some of u already hate Flynn?

That’s interesting. He’s not a “quitter” or a “loser” and has never thown an interception for the raiders or “lost”.

And for some reason, many of u already want him gone.

What color is he?

• dr_robert

Dr_robert Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:58 am
    This just in: Pryor completed an amazing 14 passes in week 17 for 150 yards! That’s right. For the ENTIRE game.

And this is the guy u think is a “winner” and ur mad we brought in the guy who passed for 600 yards and 6 Tds in one game.

Poor Pryor brigade.

• SnBG

Good luck to Palmer, he deserves better than what he got in Oakland.

• dr_robert

i dedicate this song to the pryor brigade:

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end
    Of our elaborate plans, the end
    Of everything that stands, the end
    No safety or surprise, the end
    I’ll never look into your eyes…again

• SnBG

Dr_robert Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:24 am
    Dr_robert Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:54 am

And we can all get behind our new qb.

Wait. What? Some of u already hate Flynn?

And for some reason, many of u already want him gone.

What color is he?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Flynns is just OK so it’s really hard to get behind him to much. He’s a QB that’s really a backup and a stop gap until we can draft a QB next year.

• SnBG

Can I say this to much, Flynn is a backup not a starter. GB and Seattle did the evaluation on him and decide so.

• fingers

Flynn has played enough to know what were getting…. Me… I hope it worksout and i will support him till i have reason not too…just like i did Everyother Qb in Oakland …

• oldschoolraider

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:47 am

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:35 am
    “Get real. Not one fan was lost by our acquiring Flynn, and you know it.”

Its not about one single move you really need to expand your brain or your thought process to allow for open minded thinking.

This is about the fire sale the tarps and eventually the moving trucks…so sit back and drink some more Jim Jones koolaid while I fight to keep our team here!

==========================================

Please explain exactly how you are planning to “fight to keep our team here.”

Remember that posting angrily in a Raiders blog does not count. What substantive steps are you, personally, taking?
    **************************************************
    Good question! Since when did supporting your team become synonymous with Jim Jones kool aid? Don’t gives us that “I do it because I love the team” bull sh!t.
    Nobody is buying that.
    If you’re gonna support the team, then support the team. Posting one negative comment after another is pointless and whiney.

• r8rwill

Hey dr robert, im still waiting for the answer to my question….

• r8rwill

Palmer is not gone yet dammit…sock puppets are still here,,,dammit…oh well it is still a great day to be a raiders fan

• whosilk

68.SnBG Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:25 am
    Good luck to Palmer, he deserves better than what he got in Oakland.

What did he get from Oakland but an opportunity and huge check? No pro bowl , no player of the week!!!!!

palmer played his hand and Reggie gave him his CARDS!