Trade for Flynn being consummated; Palmer on way out

The Raiders and Seattle Seahawks agreed on the parameters of a trade that will send quarterback Matt Flynn to the Raiders in exchange for two future draft picks, according to a report Monday morning.
Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer said the deal will be consummated some time this morning, with the Raiders acquiring Flynn for late-round draft picks in 2014 and ’15.
The Raiders also are working on a trade that will send quarterback Carson Palmer to the Arizona Cardinals.
Palmer came to the Raiders in 2011 via trade with the Cincinnati Bengals. That trade was engineered by former coach Hue Jackson, to the tune of a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a second-rounder in this month’s draft.
Flynn will compete for the starting job along with second-year player Terrelle Pryor and whichever other quarterback the Raiders add this offseason.
Flynn, 6-foot-2 and 225 pounds, burst onto the scene when he passed for 480 yards and six touchdowns in the Packers regular-season finale against the Detroit Lions on Jan. 1, 2012. He passed for 251 yards and three touchdowns in his only other start, in 2010 against the New England Patriots.
Last season, Flynn appeared in three games for the Seahawks. He completed 5 of 9 passes for 68 yards and no touchdowns in those games.
Flynn has two years remaining on the three-year, $19.5 million contract — $10 million of it was guaranteed — he signed last offseason.

Steve Corkran

• Kirk

aig-raiders Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:17 am
    The silver lining in today’s Raiders news is now we can take the Geno to Oakland off the table. yeah baby.
    ………………………………………….

So true.

• RaiderFan-n-KC

We have some serious crybabies in Raider Nation. And to think we were once a feared fan base.

_________________________________________________________

I Agree with you 1000%, especially the Pryor fanboys

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

1- CB Milliner (I know he is a not a ballhawk), but he has good size and speed, he is a good athlete, and he can play FS which minimizes his risk.
    I like Star too.
    3- If any of these players are available, we should consider ourselves lucky:
    -S E Reid
    -CB D Amerson
    If not, I like S B Rambo, or OLB Jamie Collins
    4- DE Brandon Jenkins (IMHO, he is a better prospect than Werner)

3 Starters.

• Kirk

I don’t care what we get for Palmer.

When I take out the trash, I don’t expect a 3rd round pick in return.

• da trinity

Bunch of cry babies. Good move Reggie, Flynn’s gonna cost 2 late picks in 2014, 2015 draft. Why so much hate? Plus we’re trading Palmer for some pick? What’s not to like

• Irish Boozer

Big deal, we got a new back up qb. Thats all he is. Let’s go Pryor! Boom or bust baby! Either Pryor does well, or we draft Johnny Football next year. It’s a win win. The best news in the article is that we are going to get something for Carson instead of cutting him out right.

• raiderlization

If Palmer wanted to stay they could have gotten creative with a contract that would have incentives, maybe Palmer didn’t think he could achieve them! LOL!

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

Remember that reason and logic mean nothing to trolls like Hunter, Al_is, 666 and their gang.

Calm down Cujo you don’t know me.

I get your tough guy act trying to impress the pillow biters in here but I earned my stripes I have sat on this crappy blog for 8 years now!

As you were dim wit!

• DKnight007

Raider E Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:01 am
    Raiders give the #3 and palmer

AZ gives the #7, their 2nd, and 5th.

We still get Milner at #7 and hopefully Woods in the 2nd.

^^^^^^^^^
    That would be a decent trade actually. Rather see the Raiders get AZ 4th rounder instead of their 5th though.

AZ can get their Tackle in Joekel or Fisher at #3. Raiders get more picks and can take whoever falls to them at #7 between the pass rushers Jordan or Ansah or DT’s Star or Floyd, or CB Millner. They can even look at dynamo WR/PR Tavon Austin or anotehr trade down from that #7 spot.

• 1960AutumnWind

Shutdown

Also note all the hoopla started when we resigned Barnes to right tackle. So now you have an injury prone over the hill starting RT being backed up by Willy Smith. I will always wonder if this is what put Palmer over the edge and thats when the leaks started. In AZ they are expressly building a Don Correall offense perfectly suited to Palmer and plan to draft offense. They already have good WRs but a bad line they are rebuilding. Raiders? Have way to many needs on defense to go much on offense this year.

• Plunketthead

Bryce just went solo in his first at bat

• Kirk

Hue Jackson screwed the Raiders by trying to save his job with the Palmer trade.

• Gdog

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:11 am

I think it would have been smarter for the Raiders to deal Palmer before they aqquired Flynn.

Now the Cards hold the “cards” pun intended.

There was a 75% chance the Raiders would release/trade Palmer before getting Flynn. Now there is a 99.9% chance he will not be a Raider, which only benefits the Cards.

I just think the Raiders could have struck a better deal had they did things the other way around-Just sayin.

It’s obvious we went from desperate to very desperate.

>>>

I am happy we got Flynn instead of hoping a 3rd year QB learns how to throw in one season.

But this entire off-season seems like amateur hour to me.

The only “plan” seems to be ridding the team of all Al influences. There is only ONE full-time player signed this spring… Burnett. Everyone else are part-timers desperate for more snaps.

• Raider8

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:05 am
    “happy for Palmer, he deserve better fans”

I agree this fan base is seriously retarded. I get why people hate on us so much!
    +++++++++
    Truth. I love the Raiders TEAM but the fans of this org are the biggest idiots in sports.

You guys talk about “One Nation” bullschytt and u guys are the most non loyal fans in the world.

It isn’t enough for you shut ins to criticize a Qb’s play but you have hammer him on a personal level to boot for no reason.

Friggin Bengal fans. You act so butt hurt he didn’t wanna play for Cincinnati..as if he did it to you personally. Typical friggin fans.

I don’t hate ALL Raider fans. I just hope this is a small sample size of Raider fans around the globe.

You guys can’t even sell out the Coliseum. I go to games and support this team but it’s Palmer today…and it’ll be Flynn tomorrow you’ll be relentlessly ripping on.

No wonder no fa’s wanna come here and play for you lousy azz fans.

• SilverLining20

I know a lot of people can’t stand baseball but..Happy Opening Day!
    Fk the giants!

• MikieG

Lets Shore up that O-Line Statt!
    I can see us drafting the best OT available now to shore up that line..go with who we got on the D-Line and Sign a couple corners. I bet we pick a late WR and Roll with who we got there now too..

Who the hell is going to play free safety now? The “its not delivery it’s Giordano”?

• aig-raiders

Kirk Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:19 am

I don’t care what we get for Palmer.

When I take out the trash, I don’t expect a 3rd round pick in return.
    ———–
    You may or may not agree with the above but gotta admit that was pretty funny. Huge CP3 fan here but dont want him if he doesnt want to be here.

• SnBG

Please Mr Davis, stop pretending to blog as all of the Palmer/Reg haters and be a man an use your own name.
    I know you like to fire everybody every year but it’s time for some continuity. I talked with Dr Phil this morning on the phone and he told me to ask you this…. how are all of those firing working for ya?Damn Mr Davis I can’t even count the amount of head coaches we’ve had since coming back to Oakland. Oh and please Mr Davis, no more crap ass draft picks Oh and by the way. Please tell Mark to change his do.

• Kirk

MikieG Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:23 am
    Lets Shore up that O-Line Statt!

…………………………………………..

John Madden has been saying for years we need to draft an offensive tackle in the first round.

• ian85

Well atleast This means Pryor Will be picking splinters out of his ass again on the bench where he belongs this move obviously means Mumbles and Denise have zero faith in toilet paper 6 good luck in AZ Carson

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“SNB – I’m a longtime fan like yourself, and I agree that this season is screwed. However all of these moves open up some real possibilities in 2014 with extra cap space and no locked-in overpaid players. Plus we’ll probably be rid of Dennis Allen who is a big problem imo.

Did I mention I already cancelled my season tix after 15 years?”

He could have got something for Palmer just to let him walk out the door for a 4th rounder is pathetic as high as the QB position is valued today.

He couldn’t get Newman to take more money to play here?

Nicks was in town probably as close to a legitimate WR as we will ever see on our roster and he walked out of here without even an offer.

No one wants to play here lest face it Big Al had to over pay players!

• DKnight007

Doesn’t piss me off. You know why? Raider nation has made Carson the scapegoat for the past 2 years. I LOVE the raider nation, but hell, if I was Carson, and was treated by the fan base the way he was, I wouldn’t want to play in Oakland either. Carson wasn’t the problem, he never was. Yet, he was constantly antagonized by the fanbase. Is he overpaid? Yes, maybe a little bit. But who isn’t overpaid in pro sports? PLUS, Carson only has a few years left, it’d be foolish to waste them in Oakland.

^^^^^^^^
    Exactly and guess what? It’s going to happen again with Flynn or TP under center after they make a few mistakes.

Some of you morons will want to ship them off as well.

• Kamikaze_Sensei

• MikieG

SilverLining20 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:23 am

I know a lot of people can’t stand baseball but..Happy Opening Day!
    Fk the giants!
    ++++++++++++++++

I love baseball for its leisurely pace, no clock, insanely long season and best of all the anticipation of something great about to happen..its fun.

It aint fooball…but it’s not supposed to be.

• Raider E

Thats not funny.

• DKnight007

Taking a non ball hawking CB in Millner at #3 overall is waaaaay freakin high for me.

• Plunketthead

Former Raider getting paid peanuts from pft

Per a source with knowledge of the terms, Huff’s three-year, $6 million contract carries a cap number of $1.35 million this year.

Huff received a $1.5 million signing bonus, and he’ll earn base salaries of $850,000, $1.75 million, and $1.9 million in each of the next three seasons. Escalators could expand the base deal in 2014 and 2015.

Of course, if the salary escalates too high, the Ravens could decide to move on. For now, they’ll move forward with a former top-10 pick under a contract that, relatively speaking, pays peanuts.

• raiderlization

That’s exactly right they both Matt Flynn and Pryor sink or swim, but behind Palmer how would you know since his contract keeps him on the field good play or bad? That’s the true question? So because he signed a large contract you think he should just atomatically get it then call Reggie and tell him you will pay it!Talk about once feared yeah if you put some fear on the field nobody in football fears Palmer! You do Fear Pryor though! That’s the Raiders of old! They thought Gannon was a Saftey! Raiders made them fear the QB who shouldn’t have been! GO Raiders!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

DKnight007 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:25 am

=====================================

NO WAY should we want Milliner. That front seven needs to be shored up first.

• inonewordraider
  • Al_is_theraiders

every stupid move shrek makeshe loses more fan support…keep going shrek gtfoh!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

bills signed kolb? yuck

kolb and t jackson, not a solid qb roster lol

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

Reggie call me I can help you! Probably save your job!

Seriously you are losing fans you need help!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:27 am
    every stupid move shrek makeshe loses more fan support…keep going shrek gtfoh!

==========================================

And here we have another trolling Bronco fan. “Al” is not a Raiders fan and never was.

• SnBG

That is the sad truth….Al had clout he had great stories to tell he could sell the Raiders and RM not as much cant talk properly so he obviously cant communicate which means he cant SELL THE RAIDERS TO FA!!!’
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    and our record since 02 with Mr Davis is what?

• Kirk

raiderlization Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:26 am
    …………………………………………….

Amen, brother.

• Raider E

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:26 am
    DKnight007 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:25 am

=====================================

NO WAY should we want Milliner. That front seven needs to be shored up first.

———————————

Milner is the right choice.

• MikieG

If you know anything about building a football team you know you start with a good QB and IMMEDIATELY get someone to protect him…After that, build your lines on both sides of the ball.
    As much as I want the Islander Star..I think were going O.T now..Veldy on one side and the best O.T available is what were going to do now I think. Either way, were in a great spot..

• guest123

NO WAY should we want Milliner. That front seven needs to be shored up first.

^^^^^^^^

if we can trade down with AZ at 7 that would not be a bad pick. Star might be there as well.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:28 am
    Reggie call me I can help you! Probably save your job!

Seriously you are losing fans you need help!

=====================================

Get real. Not one fan was lost by our acquiring Flynn, and you know it.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“Since when does your time on a blog correlate to how correct your opinion is? As you were 666 Blog veteran.”

Thank you kwame harris and the Castro District thanks you as well ….now get off my nuts littler man I dont know you!

• spiff

everone throwing flynn under the bus and don’t even know him.we know he only played 2 games as a starter. we keep crying about palmer, he’s done period. i think flynn is better than the dude who went to buffalo.let him and pryor battle out let the best man win.

everyone was b**chin when we signed gannon ( including me) .gannon did okay.(i still din’t like him) point is you never know what you got ’til we see it. with flynn part of the reason russell wilson won the starting job in seattle was because flynn messed up his elbow didn’t get a chance to compete in camp and preseason.

i’m not making a prediction on flynn hope he does well.so we don’t have to draft a qb in 2014. but you just don’t know. not ruling pryor out either.hope he can shine.we have enough picks in this years draft to strenghten our defense freed up a little more money to sign some more free agents and build this thing.

the greatness of the raidah’s is in it’s futcha..

• MikieG

Raider E Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:29 am

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:26 am
    DKnight007 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:25 am

=====================================

NO WAY should we want Milliner. That front seven needs to be shored up first.

———————————

Milner is the right choice.
    +++++++++

If we trade down to #6 and get a second rounder, then yeah..I can see that.

• SilverNBlackPA

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:27 am
    bills signed kolb? yuck

kolb and t jackson, not a solid qb roster lol

+++++++++

They’re not letting Geno get away from them this draft. No way, no how.

• 8RaiderReign8

I think people are forgetting the most important thing about getting compensation for Palmer is that we find someone to pick up his salary. If Reggie can get AZ on the hook thats almost 8mill saved.

• Raider E

Gotta package palmer with the 3 for the 7 and a 2nd, 5th.

• guest123

^^^^^^^^^^

Look at the defensive guys we have on roster right now. Then look at the offense. We are desperate on the defenisive side of the ball. Not just at #3 pick, but it should be deeply defensive draft thru all 7 rds.

• Kirk

Offensive or defensive tackle at #3.

Please.

• Raider E

take milner at 7

• Al_is_theraiders

lmao…out of staters…calling themselves real fans…how many games you go to?