Report: Carter back to Raiders

The NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport is reporting the Raiders have brought back defensive end Andre Carter.

Carter, 34, showed he had some burst with limtied snaps last season in 12 games and was vocal in his desire to return to the Raiders at the en dof the season.

Carter is a departure from the Raiders’ youth movement, but was considered a leader and a positive influence on younger players by the coaching staff.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Charlie

Sorry I am a bit behind on your post.

See my 48 post.

I think I simply value the run more than you.
    That is why I refer to our age difference.

I simply think that we are going to return to our roots which is physical running style.

That does not mean I think we will be one dimesional.

I am just a run first guy that believes we will use the run to set up the pass, especially with our young QB’s.

IF/When we can force teams to put 8 in the box our passing game opens up. That is especially true in the red zone where we have struggled for quite a while.

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

This jam is about rumbling with our rivals from El Monte, the Muy Locos

For those of you who can’t handle the violence of the mean streets, cover your eyes and light a few candles in your bathroom

Unscented, natch

Riding in our drop top
    Packin’ major heat
    Gonna feel the rhythm
    As we’re cruisin’ down the street
    Flashing gang signs
    As we sing this song
    Time to give props
    To my 14.5 inch dong

HOLLA TO THEM DOPE SHORTIES

• Charlie

O

I absolutely agree our dline and secondary needs help as well.

I have suggested we will go OT round one
    DE in round 3
    CB in round four

My belief is that with a ball control type offense our defense is helped by default. Peyton and others can not hurt us when they are not on the field.

Focusing on the Oline gets us better faster. I see a big dline focus in 2014.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Charlie,

I want an elite LT, LG, C, RG, RT, DE, DL, etc….

1- you can’t pay everyone when you have a salary cap.
    2- you didn’t answer my question. Is the OL the weakest unite on the team? More than DL and secondary?

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

The Raiders currently have the WEAKEST secondary in the NFL.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I want to fix our problems before we make any upgrades.
    Do you upgrade your kitchen when your roof is leaking?

Who is going to rush the passer? Who is going to stuff the run and demand double teams? Who will play FS?

• Charlie

O

See my 53 post.

Given our QB situation I believe Oline is a greater priority than Secondary and Dline.

I completely agree with Defensive help. I just think that it can wait till 2014 for the use of first and second round picks.

A balanced attack will be huge especially with young QB’s.

• Charlie

Good conversation.

Need to run.

• SnBG

Charlie Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:38 am
    Sorry I am a bit behind on your post.

See my 48 post.

I think I simply value the run more than you.
    That is why I refer to our age difference.

That does not mean I think we will be one dimesional.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I like your thinking but we do need a real strong passing team as well to exceed the run. A top flight QB is essential. Average QB’S like Flynn and inconsistent Rec’s won’t cut it even with a great running game. A strong D is also the way to the SB. Look at the Pats without a great D.

• dr_robert

I swear it’s nothing but idiots in here.

According to one of the best coaches in the nfl, kelly is one of the best in the league.

U guys don’t understand how it works.

The run defense has sucked cuz of the horrible linebacking, especially in the middle.

Kelly and Seymour were and are considered by the nfl (and me) as top notch players.

I guys have this simplistic idea “it all starts with dline doctor”.

Kinda. They have a job to do. The lbs have a job to do.

Quit watching the ball. Quit yapping with ur head full of booze and weed.

The DT’s were fine. They disrupted. They took on double teams and stood their ground. Meanwhile McClain was letting backs run right past him.

Why do u think the defense miraculously got better the minute he was replaced by a stiff like Gaither?

Honestly, it’s like a remedial math class trying to tell a calculus professor why he doesn’t get “‘rithmatik”.

• The_Judge37

Raider O Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:45 am
    I want to fix our problems before we make any upgrades.
    Do you upgrade your kitchen when your roof is leaking?

This made me think about the TV Show “Home Improvement”. More Power!

• 1960AutumnWind

TheBay2LA Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:26 am
    Oh man an internet fail? My god I’m terrifed to do so… oh well. Pass on Star because he’s a defensive tackle. And all Defensive tackles should be passed on. Because quite simply they rarely pan out. Suh, Ngata, Watt are the only interior lineman worth top 10 picks,(or just outside, 11 12ish)that come to mind recently. Instead all the other forcefed lineman like Fairley Dorsey, and so on are not worth top 5 pick. Simple. Star is okay, but believe it or not, the Beavs held him in check too. The Beavs have no NFL talent on the line last year. So Pass on Star too, trade back. Did I fail? Who cares idiot.
    *********************************
    Hey I was at Utah game and Beavs had trouble with Star. Lot of double teams in spite of the fact we had a good true freshman center. It seems like they tried to run away from him and the offense was somewhat out of sync that day even though they won.

Did not have trouble with Ansah with BYU though (only saw on TV but they really had no trouble blocking for backup QB at BYU). Jordan did get into backfield at Civil War and distrupted several running plays. Honestly I do not like any of those 3 at #3 overall!

• SnBG

IT ALL STARTS WITH THE D LINE AND O LINE . Got it, if not get it

• The_Judge37

SnBG Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:51 am
    IT ALL STARTS WITH THE D LINE AND O LINE . Got it, if not get it
    —-

Don’t say it so loud, the rest of the NFL might figure it out

• LA to TheBay

Not that it SHOULD be clarified but

TheBay2LA ╪ LA to TheBay

• dr_robert

Dr_robert Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:03 am

Have you not been noticing what I been saying? We dont have a LDE period! Just like we didnt have a RDE or NT period…we had half assed UTs onthe line

What is your malfunction numbnuts?

*********

LOL. u idiot. u say we need to move houston and draft star.

but u also say we need an elite RDE. and a replacement at RT for barnes.

ok. how do we accomplish all that moron?

pay attention to facts.

reggie brought in DT’s.

no raiders at star’s pro day.

resigned barnes and carter.

he is taking BPA. period.

bellichik says kelly is one of the best b@uce says he sucks.

arians and casserly love palmer. b@uce says he sucks.

all u need to know: b@uce doesn’t like carter, a guy who had 10 sacks in 2011 and helped the pass rush when he was finally healthy. why? cuz he was a niner.

this is the mentality of a rock head with no clue.

u watch the games from the stadium and u and a bunch of drunk and high bozos “can tell”?

meanwhile, a guy like me, who has actually evaluated players, designed defense, and run them. a guy like me, who played for a top flight program. a guy like me, who is always right.

u wanna agrue with me and tell me what’s what.

i know more about football than u could dream of.

ur just a laughing hyena clown that never stops talking. u can’t learn when ur always yapping.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Dr_robert Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:47 am

======================================

NO THEY DIDN’T. Kelly and Seymour were consistently shoved aside one-on-one by a bunch of anonymous guards and centers, week in and week out. Your wanting to think they’re “elite” doesn’t make it so.

• The_Judge37

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.
    —–

Then explain Greg Knapp’s constant employment?

• 1960AutumnWind

Bottom line on #3 overall if any chance or any decent compensation get out of that pick! Some team may really want Fisher or Millner and we should be on the phone putting that pic on the block so if either of them slips a team can swope in and take our pic and give us more pics. I am sorry I can not see much difference between the best DE in draft Ansah, Werner or Jordan and the DE for Texas that is a late first early 2nd rounder and we need DE. We need more pics quantity of quality this year. The draft is deep and we have extra intelligence.

We need BPA we have so many needs we should not reach for a DE when there is a CB that we think is strong value. As for one player over another I honestly do not watch enough tape to know.

• LA to TheBay

Seymour was solid *when* healthy last year.

I wouldn’t mind bringin him back as a rotational guy for vet minimum, particularly if we see a lot more 34 looks.

• The_Judge37

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Dr_robert Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:47 am

======================================

——

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“Kelly and Seymour were consistently shoved aside one-on-one by a bunch of anonymous guards and centers, week in and week out.”

I swear every time I saw TK he was on the ground getting shoved around by guys 80lbs lighter than he is.

I am in 100% agreement with this post.

• The_Judge37

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:58 am

I am in 100% agreement with this post
    ——–

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Later Charlie. We don’t agree, but I do enjoy our debates.

• rediaR

The Ansah is clear

• 1960AutumnWind

Judge

Thats not quite true either I did see some pancakes from slot receivers as well LOL!!!

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“It was a combination Cluster FK. The occasions When McClain couldn’t seperate from blockers, he was shooting the wrong gapsIt was a combination Cluster FK. The occasions When McClain couldn’t seperate from blockers, he was shooting the wrong gaps”

I saw it this way as well.

In fact this is an even more accurate post than the previous one…I have that Comcast replay the last 2 years so I can watch the games over and over and it did look like a Chinese fire drill…(that is probably not PC)

• dr_robert

SnBG Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:51 am
    IT ALL STARTS WITH THE D LINE AND O LINE . Got it, if not get it
    ************

not really. it’s important. for sure. but u need all the parts.

reggie lasy year said “our d-line is stout”.

reggie knows the game. that’s why he fired the LB coach and brought in 3 new guys.

he gets it.

we already have the dt’s in place. is houston a better dt than de? maybe. but regardless of b@uce’s personal convo with houston (LMAFAO!), he has been a DE and the re appears to be no plan to move him.

with carter’s (underrated) signing, the defense simply lacks safeties, which i presume is the next order of business.

the offense has all it’s parts in place but a TE and vet qb.

then it’s draft time, where reggie will work trades for more picks and get the BPA on his board, not b@uce’s.

remember the plan. fill the roster with as many quality parts and let them compete.

how come all the guys i say are good, are valued by other teams, while the guys missdick and b@uce dislike, are also those same guys?

do they not get tired of being wrong?

the D-line has had quality linemen for years. we have had horrendous LB’s.

mcclain was responsible for a ton of problems, simply cuz he was a ghost. he hardly counted at all.

thomas howard? horrid.

name a GOOD lb we have had in the last decade. only morrison ever got pro bowl votes.

now look at the linemen. lots of pro bowl votes there.

pay attention to what the real pros and experts say. they’ll let u know who’s good.

or just watch. understand the positions and how they’re supposed to be played. watch each play a few times, watching each player.

did they do their job? who should have made that play? watch the players!

• papertiger418

Our pass rush is set! Now sign Ramses Barden to complete the receiving corps.

PUT YOUR PAN—-oh god why am I even trying anymore.

TO THE PAIN 2013

• dr_robert

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.

********

yes He did. He’s there for u if u want to be happy.

• dr_robert

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:56 am
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.
    —–

Then explain Greg Knapp’s constant employment?

********

the devil exists too.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I will not be mad if we draft OT.

My top 5:
    Joeckel
    Fisher
    Star
    Milliner
    Warmack

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

A gust of wind threw TK to the ground!

• 1960AutumnWind

Raider O Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    I will not be mad if we draft OT.

My top 5:
    Joeckel
    Fisher
    Star
    Milliner
    Warmack

***********************
    If we have to stay at 3 and Fisher is there I think that is the right move. Hoping Maimi would want him bad enought to deal though.

• LA to TheBay

Seneca Wallace continues his tour with stop in Oakland
    ——-

Our QB room is gonna be hungry if nothing else (please, no JaMarcus jokes).

• DJ Johnny

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    Judge

I saw the midget from Game of Thrones come out of the stands and urinate on him after he’d been thrown to the ground by a place kicker.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:56 am
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.
    —–

Then explain Greg Knapp’s constant employment?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    Excellent networking skills.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“the devil exists too.”

About as much as Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy!

• raidertay

I think McKenzie is tanking this year. Next year’s draft class may end up being one of the strongest QB classes ever. There’s going to be Johnny Football, Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas, Mariota and Fales.

Flynn will only start this year.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

You know what they say, it’s not what you know but who you know. He knew DA and they are friends.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

““That’s not completely true, i’ve seen Full Backs throw Tommy to the ground also.”

A gust of wind threw TK to the ground!”

He must have been one of those guys who thought if he had a dirty uniform the coach would think he was playing hard.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Pass on Logan Thomas. He has so many issues, he makes TP look elite. I rather develop TP over drafting L Thomas.

• SnBG

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Oh yes he did

• 1960AutumnWind

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

A gust of wind threw TK to the ground!”

********************************
    None of this explains all the offside penalities though. Do you think it was becaue he was punchy after getting knocked over so much? Maybe he just liked hearing his number called?

• dr_robert

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Dr_robert Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:47 am

======================================

************

who said elite? don’t put words in my mouth unless u wanna be a liar like missdick.

they were good. seymour hardly played and was hurt. he wasn’t as effective.

kelly? constantly double teamed.

they were neither shoved aside nor thrown around.

it’s not easy when 650 pounds of “no-name” (doesn’t exist in the nfl) players are slamming into into u.

like i said. i watch the plays multiple times, watching every player. and I KNOW WHAT EACH PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO DO ON EACH PLAY.

mcclain was possibly the worst LB i’ve ever seen in the nfl. even college. it’s like he was on drugs. i mentioned that possibility during the season.

he acted like he wasn’t all there.

why have so many of our linemen received pro bowl votes compared to our LB’s>

why do our safeties make so many tackles.

it’s the linebackers.

star and floyd are both good players.

but reggie know u don’t “build inside out”.

interior linemen are easier to find than elite edge players.

a RDE is FAR more important than a NT.

a LT or a RT are far more important than a G or C.

speed/power combos are difficult to find.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Jesus never existed Dr Robert you need to come to terms with it.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Oh yes he did”

You believe and have faith that he did but there is no proof.

• Marks hair

The dt’s could jump the snap count sure.. but they got blasted backwards when they didn’t..

• dr_robert

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 12:06 pm
    “the devil exists too.”

About as much as Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy!

**********

then why use the 666 thing? just trying to bother people?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 12:05 pm
    Raider O Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    I will not be mad if we draft OT.

My top 5:
    Joeckel
    Fisher
    Star
    Milliner
    Warmack

***********************
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don’t think we should draft interior OL this high especially a team that lacks talent, I’m not going to be mad if we draft one of these OTs, but I rather have Star or Milliner.
    Milliner is my favorite players, and I’m a huge X Rhodes fan (I didn’t think Milliner was a great athlete), but I changed my mind and was sold completely after watching SC on NFL Live.