Raiders bring back Hanson

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 at 11:42 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders announced the signing of cornerback Joselio Hanson Wednesday, the third cornerback added to the roster in a week.

Hanson was signed as a slot corner by Oakland last season but ended up out of position and starting five games on the outside because of injuries.

The Associated Press first reported Hanson’s return Tuesday, citing his agent, Jeff Nalley.

The Raiders signed cornerback Tracy Harper on April 3 and Mike Jenkins Tuesday to go along with Chimdi Chekwa, Brandian Ross, Phillip Adams and converted running running back Taiwan Jones at corner.

Hanson becomes the third Raiders unrestricted free agent to come back to the team, joining Khalif Barnes, Andre Carter.

With salary cap space dwindling, the Raiders are at a point where it will be difficult to make many moves for players other than those at or near minimum wage _ Hanson probably qualifies _ unless they restructure running back Darren McFadden.

The Raiders primary focus is on adding players through the NFL draft, April 25-27.

At present the Raiders have selections in the first (third overall), third and fourth rounds, three in the sixth round and one in the seventh round.

• dr_robert

U have free will. U choose to listen to the devils lies or to God’s truth.

Palmer throws a bad pick? Ok. I bet he helped them to be in the game in the first place.

Why didn’t the defense give up less points? Why didn’t the run game produce more do they wouldn’t need to score at the end?

Simpletons look at one player and one play.

Bruce Arians>>>>>bibby

• severeraiderz

Football Coach

So u can assume Jordan would do less reps than Ansah because he’s smaller?

• rediaR

He went 8-8 with an almost talentless team.
    —————————
    No he didn’t.

• Jackie Bibby

666 dont talk about religion when you know nothing about it. How can a man whos never picked up a book tell others what it is and isnt about, youre just running youre mouth and rambling off opinions. And you know what they say about opinions right? “theyre like a&&holes, everybody has one but the majority of them are full of $hi+.” And because youre speaking on things you dont know id say your opinion is full of it.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Palmer is a great QB. He went 8-8 with an almost talentless team.
    ————————
    Stfu with the dumbschit.

• dr_robert

Charlie Casserly: “With Fitzgerald, Palmer can be a top ten qb again.”

Former NFL GM>>>>>>>>>all Palmer haters.

• lefty12

RediaR-good point

• oklahomaRaider18

Wouldn’t hurt to sign them if we can get DMac to restructure, the more the better for competition.

• Football Coach

severeraiderz Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Football Coach

So u can assume Jordan would do less reps than Ansah because he’s smaller?

****************************************

Maybe he can do more. We will never know. His labrum was injured during the combine and I guarantee you he will never publicly test how many times he can bench 225 pounds.

I do know long, thin athletes rarely have high bench marks. So if he was ever hitting 225 more than 21 (highly doubtful), that would be very impressive.

• dr_robert

Bruce Arians daughter>>>>>>>kell

• DJ Johnny

Thigpen? Seattle just chose Brady Quinn over him.

If true, this is the most uninspiring signing yet this yr.

3rd string? Ok…I guess.

• lefty12

Seattle also picked Quinn over Wallace but some believe he(Wallace) is the second coming.

• severeraiderz

Bcz24

Because several players, including Palmer, said that he was making amazing plays in practice every day. Scouts loved him coming out of college and the only thing that really hurt his stock was level of competition and injury concerns

• Jackie Bibby

The game came down to one play, and that one player choked and we lost so yes it was his fault. True ballers shine in pressure situations, just guys faulter… And carson is just a guy not a baller. No usc qb is a baller though so… No surprise there.

• CJ Legend 34

As much as we needed help last year. If Taiwan could not have made it at RB he must be pretty bad. I mean really, we could have not sucked more lat year. To let that guy not touch the ball in regular season, he must have really been a bad RB.

The fact that he is open to a change to corner speaks volumes about his game to me.
    —————————————————-
    148.bcz24 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    severeraiderz Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    Dennis Allen is absolutely wasting Taiwans talent as a runner. Just let the guy go play his best position elsewhere
    ***************
    How the hell would you know that? The guy has literally done nothing in the NFL yet except for 2 nice garbage time runs against NO’s scrub team in the preseason.

• StarUkulele

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

• DJ Johnny

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

No mention of Raiders but they do mention baseball stadium.

• R8ER MIKE

StarUkulele Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

**********************
    lol .. ok i will be your huckleberry…
    why ??

• StarUkulele

A. To escape North Korea’s long-range missiles.

• rediaR

Free will is an illusion of consciousness, ego and the awareness of one’s existence on a singular timeline.

Oh and Palmer doesn’t suck. He’s also not a great QB anymore.

Flynn doesn’t suck either. Or at least we don’t have enough real evidence to back that claim. Most of the evidence is positive.

Quit bashing players for the sake of bashing players.

Let’s Go Oakland!

• papertiger418

Look out, guys. Seneca’s coming to town!

Thank God we didn’t get Thigpen.

• lefty12

Not only was Taiwan open to the move it seemed he relished the idea.

• DT42

As long as Hanson stays in the slot, its a good move. I like the Senneca Wallace signing, I hope that all three QB’s get a chance to start. I also think that with Wallace signing TP is on his way out. I expect RM to draft a QB late in the draft to hold the clipboard this season.

• SnBG

KoolKell Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:21 pm
    Palmer is a great QB. He went 8-8 with an almost talentless team.
    ————————
    Stfu with the dumbschit.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Prozac would help you my friend

• CJ Legend 34

If I was Taiwan and I really thought I was a beast at RB. I would have told management no thanks to the CB offer. Please cut me so I can sign with another team.

Most players who think they are great at what they do seldom change. I mean Pryor said right now I’m a Qb and all I’m playing is QB.

RB to corner is a real stretch. I hope he becomes a probowl corner but I won’t hold my breath.

• rediaR

No reason to draft a QB late unless he is clearly the best player available.

• NGRaiderfan

Wouldnt b surprised ir upset if we traded down, probably twice, and drafted damontre moore. Had more production in a tougher conference than jordan or ansah

• R8ER MIKE

NEW POST BROTHERS !!

• bcz24

severeraiderz Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:25 pm
    Bcz24

*******************
    I don’t really care what the guy can do in shorts when full contact is prohibited. I was excited about the ‘potential’ of this guy too, but it just never materialized, and it wasn’t just with DA. Hue wouldn’t put him on the field either.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

The Raiders signed cornerback Tracy Harper
    ———————–
    Is this Portet’s cousin?

• DJ Johnny

SnBG Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Mymy, I see there are a few Palmer haters here today. Please, just stop it. We had a disgraceful team around him and terrible ZBS. Palmer is a great QB. He went 8-8 with an almost talentless team. You’re blinded by hatred and insanity. Please, just get back on your med’s and we’ll all be fine again and the world be a rosy place to live in.

No..it’s great news the “Trojan Devil” is gone seeing as everyone was saying (ad nauseum) the reason we went 4-12 last yr. They said ‘no excuses’… Defense was fine, offense awesome, special teams exemplary…with him outta here there’s nothing stopping us from division title at least.

No worries.

• severeraiderz

Football Coach

There were several players that weighed around that 245 mark that put up as many or reps

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“How can a man whos never picked up a book”

How you can sit behind your computer screen and speculate as to what I have read or not read? You fit the profile of a person who has read only one book your whole life and is so narrow minded that you can’t even make a logic assumption about me.

Yes I am your typical Atheist, which means that I am more educated, smarter and have read more books than you. I have read 3 versions of your bible, the Book of Mormon, from the Tao, the Quran, The Vedas, Zen philosophy and many others before coming to a religious conclusion.

Yet you can somehow sit here after only reading one book your whole life and tell me that you know more than I do about religion.

LMFAO try it! I know more about “your” religion than you do!

• Jackie Bibby

Rob… Casserly hasnt been a gm since he got the axe in houston when they went 2-14 hes more of a matt millen type gm than ron wolfe which is why hes on tv and not running a team… But yes I agree with fitzgerald he should have better numbers if he cant get it done with fitz thatd be pretty sad. But it just goes to show his receivers make him its not the other way around. He had his best years with chad and tj in their primes, “they” made him look good. And as good as arians is his offense gives up the most sacks out of any team and thats with mobile qbs like big ben and luck, that statue carson is gonna get creamed behind that cardinal o line playing against the niners and seahawks twice a season just watch. Carson will not prosper in az.

• StarUkulele

NGRaiderfan Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

=======

Once would be nice, twice would be great!!

I could also see a DMC traded for a mid round pick!

There is no telling what Reggie would do, I think we haven’t seen chit yet!

• Football Coach

NGRaiderfan Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

*********************************************

It all depends on where that is.

He ran slower 10 and 40 yard times than Lamarr Houston (realistically an NFL DT and definitely not an edge rusher) while weighing 55 fewer pounds! He did not test in the agility drills (why?) And he only benched 12 reps. He has good height and solid hops, but to be so slow in the key 10 yard burst, to not be strong and to not even test on your key agility, those are all big red flags. Comparing him to elite edge players in the NFL, he does not even make a mark. Not every great athlete is going to be a great NFL player, but you do need to be a damn good athlete to be a good NFL player. You cannot get by in athletic positions such as DE/OLB without being a true athlete.

• SnBG

RediaR Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    The unconscious is the real ruler of the human race. To know yourself is to be free.

• Jackie Bibby

I was saying that figuretively 666, but anyways I cant prove what you have and havent read so you can say anything and I cant denounce it, but I dont see why someone whos a firm disbeliever would waste their time reading about religion when they dont believe… What are you searching for?obviously theres a part of you that wants to believe.

• Football Coach

severeraiderz Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Football Coach

*****************************************

The 245 mark at 6-6 or the 245 mark under 6-4? I would like you to show a few 6-6 245 guys putting up 21+ reps. You have to be a beast at that build to do so, it is partially based on leverage.

• Jokerman man