Raiders bring back Hanson

The Raiders announced the signing of cornerback Joselio Hanson Wednesday, the third cornerback added to the roster in a week.

Hanson was signed as a slot corner by Oakland last season but ended up out of position and starting five games on the outside because of injuries.

The Associated Press first reported Hanson’s return Tuesday, citing his agent, Jeff Nalley.

The Raiders signed cornerback Tracy Harper on April 3 and Mike Jenkins Tuesday to go along with Chimdi Chekwa, Brandian Ross, Phillip Adams and converted running running back Taiwan Jones at corner.

Hanson becomes the third Raiders unrestricted free agent to come back to the team, joining Khalif Barnes, Andre Carter.

With salary cap space dwindling, the Raiders are at a point where it will be difficult to make many moves for players other than those at or near minimum wage _ Hanson probably qualifies _ unless they restructure running back Darren McFadden.

The Raiders primary focus is on adding players through the NFL draft, April 25-27.

At present the Raiders have selections in the first (third overall), third and fourth rounds, three in the sixth round and one in the seventh round.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DKnight007

Do we have a list of board participants predictions for the Raiders #3 overall pick yet?

• fingers

# 35..snbg….. Good post…. Good take..

this new scouting dept already whiffed on Flynn

***

LOL, what a blowhard

• fingers

52..sorry… Meant # 34

• bcz24

Is this the Allen, DHB torched??
    ********
    Maybe. I wouldn’t judge a player on 1 play… and I would imagine this guy would at least improve our depth if not challenge Porter or Jenkins for a starting spot.

• rediaR

DKnight007 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:07 pm
    ———————–
    I actually had a dream last night that we picked Floyd. It was not a good dream.

• Just Win Baby

bcz24 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 11:59 am
    Taiwan will be kept, if for nothing else than the fact that he is the best gunner on our roster.

===========
    You don’t know that. A good portion of our roster is new.

• DMAC

bcz24 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Is this the Allen, DHB torched??
    ********
    ========

I think Reg is done signing FA CBs
    I think he’ll draft at least 1 more though

Jerry Mac suggests a way to create cap space is to mess with DMAC’s contract … I’ve been suggesting that for 3 weeks and you people hate me for it

Jer says it and it’s a non-issue

nobody even bothers to respond, hah!

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“@ Steve & Jerry

DMAC and Seabass will be traded on draft day”

One would think…

• fingers

I could also see Reg draft a RB in the later rounds..

• lefty12

I also believe Taiwan will be kept-not only for his ST value but he will be given time to show what he has at CB-much like a draft choice.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

Jer says it and it’s a non-issue

nobody even bothers to respond, hah!

Now that Palmer is gone those are the next “out of whack” contracts that have to be dealt with

• lefty12

Seabass won’t be going anywhere.Neither will McFadden.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

—————————–

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“Nick Saban: NFL coaches are asking for read-option advice”

SO WHAT!

This happens every timer some little college fad sweeps through the NFL and some of you all act like this is the first timer this sort of thing has ever happened. Like Saban should be levitating in his office right now with all the power he has as a college football coach.

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

KrappyRat all over the early afternoon cut & paste!

Did you skip your late morning nap to come up with that one, Old Troll?

Always keepin’ it real,

Your Pal
    The Beeeech Diggity Dawg (WOOF)

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“I hear they’re trying to get Dmac signed before his contract expires at the end of this seaqson.”

They need to trade him to the Jets already see what we can get for him as we are torching the village. He and Seabass are next on RM chopping block.

• theghostronin79

fingers Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:16 pm
    I could also see Reg draft a RB in the later rounds..

==========

I think they NEED to. Lotta Solid ones out there to be had LATE

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Olsen and Soprano are here for Dmac, comphrende?

• RaidingTexas

The Beeech Diggity Dawg Says:

Your Pal
    The Beeeech Diggity Dawg (WOOF)

—————————————-

You can’t even be consistent with how many e’s are in your fantasy name.

• theghostronin79

KoolKell Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:26 pm
    Olsen and Soprano are here for Dmac, comphrende?

=========

Yep…Hope it works too…. We Need the 2010 / 2011 DMAC back please.

• lefty12

Reggie has gotten rid of contracts and the players that don’t live up to them.Seabass is the best K in the NFL,he isn’t going anywhere.You don’t hire an OC and change your offense to suit someone(McFadden) and then either trade or cut him.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

————————
    Only a troll wouldn’t at least know that much.

• rediaR

I shockingly agree with McShay now.

“There is a lot of speculation that Florida DL Sharrif Floyd is going to be the pick here, but I see defensive end as a bigger need. Floyd’s lack of pass-rush production on the interior is a bit of a concern as well, and if I’m going to take a chance on potential I’d rather bet on Ansah and his rare physical gifts.”

• RaiderFredinDallas

Number one goal in this years draft?
    Build the trenches. Get a nice wide-receiver along with a late round RB and TE.
    The trenches are the number one priority now.
    Next year with more money and a good draft-We would look for a rookie QB.

• RNOraiderFan

Lattimore in the 4th if SF don’t snag him in the 3rd!

• Plunketthead

Plunketthead Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 8:29 am
    Is there a NT in 4-3 defense?
    ******************************

The jellybean test said yes

*******************************

I did not ask the NT question, Someone else asked and I answered the question.

They use to call it the nose guard and if you were a bad arse then you lined up over the center and commenced to knock him on his arse

• RaiderFredinDallas

RediaR Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    I shockingly agree with McShay now.

—————————
    Saw that this morning.
    Things that make you hmmmm

• RaiderRetribution

Taiwan is our special teams ace; he is excellent at it; therefore he will make the 53-man roster. He will continue to develop as a CB in the meantime as our 5th-6th CB.

Jenkins & Porter starters; Hanson nickel; Adams primary backup; could still see us drafting Rhodes, Trufant should we trade down and they are still available.

SS is Branch; FS open between Ross, Young, Francies

• RNOraiderFan

#75 is dead on. Need a DE that can play 3 downs and rush the passer. On 3rd down move Houston inside and have our d line look like this
    Carter, Sims, Houston, 1rst round draft pick.

• RaidingTexas

Rashad Jennings @RashadJennings 9m
    Enjoyed my workout with the Oakland Raiders today.

—————————————————

… he said as he left town without a contract.

• DKnight007

KoolKell Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

—————————–

^^^^^^^^
    They should be doing that. A cap friendly extension.

Same with Veldheer and Houston.

• RaiderFredinDallas

Rashad Jennings said “Enjoyed my workout with the Oakland Raiders today.

Who knew?

• http://www.us.army.mil/ texguy

KoolKell Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 11:57 am
    Nick Saban: NFL coaches are asking for read-option advice

“That’s a pass-rush oriented league,” Saban said. “People getting up the field to pass rush is what it’s all about because of the type of quarterbacks — the Tom Bradys of the world, Drew Brees, that’s what you’ve got to stop. You’ve got to put pressure on the quarterback. Well, that’s just what you don’t want to do against [read-option quarterbacks]. You have to play on the line of scrimmage just like old option football.”

Didn’t work that well against Manziel…..

• RNOraiderFan

Kill Manning, Smith, Rivers! All non mobile QB’s

• RaiderRetribution

The only reason everyone picked us to pick Floyd was because we were losing Seymour as well as Kelly & Bryant. Pundits were simply going with needs basis.

Reggie knows we need pass rush specialists and an elite OLineman to play alongside elite LT Vehldeer & C Wisniewski.

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

FailingTexas, chill out, Nerd

Its totally kewl if you want to MELTDOWN over how I choose to spell my amazing name

Will just make it easier to wreck you with my real gangsta game anytime I please

WHUT WHUT N THE BUTT

• RNOraiderFan

Would like DE in the first and CB in the third. All D all day!

• RaiderFredinDallas

#3 Warmack’
    #66 B Jones

• severeraiderz

Dennis Allen is absolutely wasting Taiwans talent as a runner. Just let the guy go play his best position elsewhere

• RNOraiderFan

A guard at #3??? Never happen.

• RaiderRetribution

McFadden will only be traded if the offer is right; a 2nd round draft pick minimum; could see him being traded mid-season for a late first rounder if he is having a great season, we have losing record, and McFadden hasn’t signed an extension.

• RNOraiderFan

DA is a decent DB coach. Who knows what he can do with TJ

• RaiderFredinDallas

The Raiders are signing QB Seneca Wallace after working him out.

• RaiderRetribution

Taiwan’s natural position is CB, he only converted to RB at Eastern Washington University due to injuries to all the RBs.

• RNOraiderFan

What you all think of Lattimore in the 4th? That is if SF don’t get him in the 3rd.

• RaiderRich510

@JasonLa CanforaThe Raiders are signing QB Seneca Wallace after working him out, Tyler Thigpen and perhaps others

• RaiderFredinDallas

I like Lattimore. He will be a good project after devastating injury.

• RaidingTexas

RediaR Says:

“There is a lot of speculation that Florida DL Sharrif Floyd is going to be the pick here, but I see defensive end as a bigger need.”

———————————————–

Defensive end IS a bigger need than tackle. The problem is that there’s not a DE worth taking #3 overall.

It’s the same with quarterback and wide receiver. Those are huge needs, too – arguably as big as DE. But there’s not a QB or WR in this draft worth the risk of #3 overall.

So why is it any different with DE? Ansah is a massive risk of epic proportions, think DHB X 3. At least DHB played more than a year of football in his life. And you never heard him complain of fatigue, loss of breath, or the “delicate flower” nature of his body.