Safety Smith says he’s joined Raiders

Reggie Smith, a former third-round draft pick of the 49ers who signed with Carolina last season but did not make it out of trianing camp, indicatd on his Twitter account he’s a Raider.

An instagram photo shows him reading pages from a binder with Raiders emblems and a caption that said he’s going back to “Cali.”

Smith played four seasons with the 49ers as a safety and special teams player.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

Football Coach Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    Priesttj12 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Ozzie adds two Raiders our GM threw away. WOW!

I wonder which GM actually knows what he’s doing?

*******************************************

You realize the Raiders cut these guys in large part based on their contract terms, right???

If Huff was making $2 mil per and McClain the league minimum, it is pretty doubtful they would have been cut.

The problem is, they were SIGNIFICANTLY OVERPAID and rightfully cut.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You can throw Wimbley and Heyward Bey in there too for the same reasons. But I don’t get Myers? I would have like to see him stay for 1.5 million.

• SnBG

The problem is, they were SIGNIFICANTLY OVERPAID and rightfully cut.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    McLain was a mal content that got into a fight with Allen and his talent isn’t worth what the Raiders were paying him. See contract with Ravens. Huff was not that great either and Reg new he could upgrade

• dr_robert

Oakfasho Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    It smells like vinegar and water in here everytime DR.sunnyvale Indianna post something.

*********

ur trying too hard. nobody even reads ur posts. bye.

• 24

I will say this…I expected Huff to be more of a playmaker but he never really was. Hell…Giordano made more plays than Huff it seems but Huff was always talented imo…not many Raiders have amounted to much over the years so pile him on with the rest.

• inonewordraider

Priest – It sort of reminds me of Charles Woodson flourishing with the Packers after he left Oakland. He was successful in many ways while in Oakland but he grew up in Green Bay.
    —–____________
    comparing woodson to mcclain and huff? wow

woodson was still a lockdown corner playing with turf toe, mcclain is inconsistent, huff’s made some plays but nothing like an intimidating presence you’d like at FS

• Plunketthead

what makes you think they’ve talked about him leaving oakland or are you just saying you think they’ve talked about his future?
    ****************************

I would bet they have talked about his future, his contract and if he is interested in resigning with the Raiders

• The_Judge37

inonewordraider Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    —–____________
    comparing woodson to mcclain and huff? wow

———

What plays has Huff made? Maybe 3 stand out plays in his entire career.

Again, can anyone remember Huff chasing someone from behind or recovering to break up a pass? LAZY

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    I don’t give a damn what the reasons were, reasons in many cases are juust excuses. You have to WANT to TALK to a player to get what you want. This GM isn’t even TALKING to these players…….so SHUT UP!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh. Here we go again. And you know that Reggie doesn’t talk to players how?

• oklahomaRaider18

I think Reggie frequents this blog site and takes in consideration who Raidernation wants to play for em. Ive been pulling for Reggie Smith over two years now! Great signing by Rehhie!!!!

• 24

Inonewordraider

I’m not Woodson to the other guys in regards to talent. Woodson is still my favorite player to this day (hence the name). Charles Woodson was awesome and a difference maker. What I am saying is that a change in scenery helped his career and he grew up more in a different environment. For awhile there, there were too many changes in the organization leading to a lack of stability. Plus…Oakland isn’t exactly a place to build model citizens. Moving to a winning Green Bay team really helped him to become even more the player he could have been in Oakland.

McClain could easily fade out and not even make it through camp with the Ravens. Huff has always been a good guy, just didn’t show up in the games as expected. Regarding talent, Woodson easily owns.

• SnBG

Mayock has Floyd #1 on his top 5 D

• 24

I’m not “comparing” Woodson to the other guys in regards to talent (I meant)

• inonewordraider

What plays has Huff made? Maybe 3 stand out plays in his entire career.

______
    just being fair, he made some plays: picks, forced fumbles at crucial times (first time we beat sd in years, texans game pick)

unlike say nnamdi who almost never made a big play

the guy didn’t intimidate anyone at fs in fact he’d miss tackles on occassion. mind boggling because with his size/speed/and coverage skills he had all the intangibles it seemed to be great

• Plunketthead

First QB drafted in the 2013 NFL draft = Matt mild dog Barkly.

• Priesttj12

The GM isn’t talking to any players whom HE let go. He isn’t TRYING to keep them.

• Plunketthead

Some team always bites on golden haired USC heros

• The_Judge37

inonewordraider Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    What plays has Huff made? Maybe 3 stand out plays in his entire career.

______
    —–

Like i said, two memorable plays in his career. I’ve seen him jog on the field way too many times to have any sympathy for him. Huff is a POS

• JB

Pick up Charles Woodson on a 2 year deal & back load it when we have a ton of cap space available. guarantee the cash. Let him play FS. I think he could be outstanding at that position. He’s always been a ball hawk. Let him roam around out there and pick up a bunch of INT’s.

• inonewordraider

Plunketthead Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    Some team always bites on golden haired USC heros
    __________
    hopefully not us

• 24

Some people hate too much…it’s just a game fellas…geez

• Priesttj12

he did the SAME THING essentially with Palmer gave him a red herring contract he KNEW he wouldn’t sign. He’s making it clear he does want them…………..period

• Priesttj12

doesn’t*

• 24

JB

Do you honestly think Woodson would want to come back here? I see him signing with a contender at some point due to injury or whatever. He’s made a ton and his body is beat up…I’m sure he doesn’t mind missing mini camps and the summer heat…that dude is gonna stay at home until called upon.

• Priesttj12

24 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    I’m not “comparing” Woodson to the other guys in regards to talent (I meant)
    ***********************************
    You should know you have to spell that out in here. Some people can’t think things through.

• JB

Maybe “Green Bay” Reggie can schmooze him and get him to come home. Granted it’s a long shot but nothing ventured, nothing gained. It never hurts to ask.

• SnBG

Woodson hates Oakland. He’s not coming here. Why talk about a guy who doesn’t want to be here

• Priesttj12

They’re still saying I said DHB would be better than Jerry Rice because I said he was bigger and faster and had a greta work ethic similar to him.

OMG! YOU JUST SAID he’s BETTER than Jerry Rice!!!!!

They’re stupid like that…

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Patriots sign DT Tommy Kelly (2 years, $5 million): D Grade
    New England is one of the few teams that could have signed Tommy Kelly and not suffered the dire consequences. Only a strong locker room could withstand being poisoned by Kelly and his inexplicable lethargy. Kelly, who played poorly in 2012, is one of the laziest and most-penalized players in the NFL. He simply doesn’t care about winning. I’d commend the Patriots for taking a low-risk shot on him, but they’ve been down this path before with Albert Haynesworth. Bringing in washed-up bums with no passion for the game doesn’t benefit anyone.
    - Walterfootball.com

• Dr_ robert

Reggie is a smart man he will draft Joeckel or Fisher and move Veldy to RT. That way next year he only has to pay him RT money not LT money$$$$.
    EXTEND REGGIE NOW!!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Ravens sign ILB Rolando McClain (1 year, $700,000): B- Grade
    First, the positive: Rolando McClain is just 24 years old, so it’s not like he’s some washed-up veteran Baltimore is trying out as a flier. He’s very good in run support, so he can be an effective two-down linebacker on his new team. Unfortunately, there are negatives: McClain is completely lost in coverage, so he can’t be on the field on obvious passing downs. Also, he has work-ethic issues. Adding him would have been fine last year when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were still on the team, but Baltimore’s locker room is substantially weaker now that the two long-time veterans have departed.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raiders sign CB Mike Jenkins (1 year, $1.5 million): C Grade
    Speaking of washed-up bums with no passion for the game, Mike Jenkins is a severe headcase who needs to be in a strong locker room. The Raiders definitely do not have a strong locker room. This is a cheap signing so there’s no risk financially, but Jenkins can easily be poison the rest of the team. Perhaps this is for the best, as Oakland will be in prime position to obtain Jadeveon Clowney, Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel next April (see 2014 NFL Mock Draft for more).

• Priesttj12

Patriots sign DT Tommy Kelly (2 years, $5 million): D Grade
    – Walterfootball.com
    ******************************
    Sorry! I’ll take the word of a coach who’s ;ed teams to 6 SB’s over a scribe……….sorry that’s just me!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Good coaches make mistakes too. Doug Gabrie?!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Chad Johnson?
    Big Albert?

Need more names?

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

OMG! YOU JUST SAID he’s BETTER than Jerry Rice!!!!!

They’re stupid like that…

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well you said this:

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:20 pm

That was kinda stupid.

• Dr_ robert

Priesttj12 should be spewing his perspective on BET network. No one here cares what you think.

• Priesttj12

When you look at what Reggie is doing that statements will make a lot of sense. What seem like reasons to us are set up by the GM as a good excuse why not.

But again I assumed that would obvious…

• Kirk

Dr_ robert Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    ………………………………………….

That wasn’t a very Christian thing to say.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DHB, Huff, TK, Wimbley, Routt, were good moves since they were way overpaid.

• Priesttj12

I don’t type worth crap so having to type my thoughts so you guys can understnad them fully is cumbersum to me so I do it the best way I can.

• Dr_ robert
  • http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Kirk Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:51 pm
    Dr_ robert Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    ………………………………………….

That wasn’t a very Christian thing to say.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And Racist. Why BET?

• Relentless

KK said it would be interesting to see our games without knowing who they are. I agree. I’m also pretty nervous about it.

• dr_robert

Kirk Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:51 pm
    Dr_ robert Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    ………………………………………….

That wasn’t a very Christian thing to say.

*********

wasn’t me. my impostor figured out to sign in with a little r. he likes to be racist so he can stir up trouble.

• dr_robert

Dr_ Robert Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:53 pm
    On another note good luck to Urk@l’s cousin.

***********

u say a lot of the same things beeech does.

• oklahomaRaider18

Somebody put Reggie Smith as my MUP!!!!!!

• Priesttj12

DHB, Huff, TK, Wimbley, Routt, were good moves since they were way overpaid.
    ****************************
    You have to want to talk to them to see if they will take les. All this players sign for significantly less with better teams. You don’t know until YOU ASK.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I noticed lol. I still enjoy reading your posts and debating with you. You are doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

• Relentless

BET is owned by a white man.

• ESETERIK78

74.Priesttj12 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:14 pm
    All I can say is it’s high time our GM starts biulding the team back that he wrecked. And not with second rate bargain basement garbage.

===============================

Remember the movie “Juice”.

When Radames says to Bishop “that’s cuz you already fuct up!, you can’t fuc up somethin that’s already fuct up!”

Well, there you have it.

He didn’t wreck anything. It was already wrecked.