Safety Smith says he’s joined Raiders

Reggie Smith, a former third-round draft pick of the 49ers who signed with Carolina last season but did not make it out of trianing camp, indicatd on his Twitter account he’s a Raider.

An instagram photo shows him reading pages from a binder with Raiders emblems and a caption that said he’s going back to “Cali.”

Smith played four seasons with the 49ers as a safety and special teams player.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Priesttj12

J Hill Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:59 pm
    Well Wheeler’s agent disagree’s with you, Priest. And so does Bryant’s.

They were NOT offered non guaranteed contracts.

No need to add propaganda to your argument.
    *********************************************
    Jhill I get you brotha you want to have hope. So do I, why else would I come in here wasting time. I want Reggie to succeed badly. However I cannot lie about what I’m seeing with my own eyes. Jenkins himself is a guy who needs a second chance because he blew the first one. I saw this guy look like crap……sorry!

AS soon as I see something I can believe in I will be all over it. trust me…….I just haven’t seen it yet…………period

• SnBG

Again, sorry,,,,, there is no QB competition in Oakland
    Pryor is the #3 Pryor and the clipboard will be married soon

• THE BLACKHOLE

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

It’s like Reggie sent out a mass text to all agents, “If u hav n e clients still undr contract but hvn’t playd n the last yr or 2, send em on down to IHOP”
    ========================================================
    Hahaha Helarryus

- sine Regy Mckenzy

• Kirk

Fisher at #3.

Offensive tackle is the second most important position on the football field.

• dr_robert

priest–u think we had a good team last year?

u think those 8-8 teams were good?

• Kirk

2012 Playoff teams….

24 starting Offensive Tackles, 16 were either a 1st or 2nd round pick.
    Every team but GB has at least 1 starting OT drafted in the 1st round.

Indy: Castonzo, 1st.
    Cincy: Whitworth, Smith, 2nd and 1st.
    Bal: McKinnie, Oher, 1st and 1st.
    Hou: Brown, 1st.
    NE: Solder, Vollmer, 1st and 2nd.
    Den: Clady, Franklin, 1st and 2nd.
    Minn: Kalil, Loadholt, 1st and 2nd.
    Was: Williams, 1st.
    Sea: Okung, 1st.
    Atl: Baker, 1st.
    SF: Staley, Davis, 1st and 1st.

• SnBG

Reggie is doing a great job Judge37

• SnBG

Kirk Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    Fisher at #3.

Offensive tackle is the second most important position on the football field.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    For the Raiders it’s D this yr in the graft……Floyd

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Former Oklahoma DB Reggie Smith takes advantage of second Pro Day | OU Sports

Former Oklahoma DB Reggie Smith takes advantage of second Pro Day
    Posted by Jason Kersey on March 13, 2013M at 3:31 pm

NORMAN — Reggie Smith returned home after the Carolina Panthers cut him in late August.
    “I’ve been working out a while, and teams haven’t really been calling me,” the former Oklahoma defensive back said.
    So the 2007 preseason Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year chose to work out for scouts Wednesday at Oklahoma’s Pro Day, which went much better for Smith than his first one five years ago.
    At Oklahoma’s 2008 Pro Day, Smith leaped 39.5 in the vertical jump and ran a 4.65 in the 40-yard dash.
    Wednesday, those numbers were 41 and 4.31, respectively.
    “The first time I did it wasn’t great,” Smith said. “So hopefully I got good numbers so I can get some more traffic running my way.”
    Smith was drafted in the third round of the 2008 draft by the San Francisco 49ers, and played four seasons there, starting seven games in the 2010 season.
    He signed with the Panthers last April, but was cut just before the regular season began.
    Other former Oklahoma players working out Wednesday were Brian Jackson, who last played for the St. Louis Rams, and Sam Proctor

• RAIDERMAN99

What’s not to like about the Wallace signing ?

Experienced vet backup.

This guy brings instant energy when he comes in the game. He has limitations, and you probably wouldn’t want to go with him an entire season if your starter goes down – but for the RAIDS’ purposes, he’s an excellent fit.

Excellent choice for the 3rd string role, IMO.

Always liked his game. Mobile, decent enough arm.

Could prove to be a decent mentor for TP.

Unless you think the RAIDS were going to find a 3rd string developmental QB with aspirations of one day being THE MAN, I don’t see the problem.

Low cost, no risk.

Nice move by Reggie.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Just ran a 4.31.. has vet experience. DEPTH

• itzSteve

Rashad Jennings ‏@RashadJennings 3m
    Its official! I’ll be rocking that Black and Silver this yr. #Raidernation let’s go make it happen!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Rashad Jennings ‏@RashadJennings 4m

• I Know Football

THIS is how the Raiders will look when incorporating what is known as the “Dime Package” on what is called DEFENSE in a game called FOOTBALL:

Two cornerbacks (CB), one nickel back (NB), and one dime back (DB) combine with two safeties to cover the defensive backfield. The exact position of the defensive backs depends on the type of pass coverage they are in.

Period… EXCLAMATION POINT!!!

Know your role and listen to the MASTER.

I KNOW FOOTBALL.

• dr_robert

interior guys simply don’t make as much of a difference as edge players.

QB
    RB
    LT
    PASS RUSHER
    CB

these players make plays that count. other guys are more part of a team effort.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

NOW on to the draft.. looking foward to what DB’s we draft.. maybe some of them can push for starting jobs.. and im hoping out of the 18 UDFA’s we get one or two can push for starting jobs too.. slip through the cracks

• SnBG

We’re almost done with FA, not to much cash left in the kitty

• SnBG

There are a lot of guys here that say they know a lot about football and are more than willing to let us all know about it.

Ego check time please

• dr_robert

SnBG Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Ego check time please
    ***********

are u talking to me?

• itzSteve

SnBG Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Ego check time please

—————————-

I may not be a NFL GM but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night…

• SnBG

Dr_robert Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:43 pm
    SnBG Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Ego check time please
    ***********

are u talking to me?
    No sir, your good, better than what’s his ass B@

• J Hill

—————————————————————————–

Fair enough.

• SnBG

J Hill Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:52 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Are you wearing glasses?

• raida66

I keep reading priest saying how bigmac has ruined this team. Every reason for patience and building is an excuse. We GAVE away players.
    Two decades of futility with a brief interruption by Gruden is apparently the way to build a team. Ridiculous. The Raiders have been a joke for so long some people still believe we were on the right track! Reggie is building a team from the ground up. Of course he didnt talk to those players he let go…they were part of the problem…losing. Nice guys maybe, but unproductive. And it’s DA’s fault. What about the years before he came, they still underperformed. This is not the raiders of the last 11 years, thank god. No more laughing stock with picks like DHB, JaFlabby, and Fabian.
    Go New Raiders!

• RaiderFredinDallas

Welcome to the raiders Rashad Jennings!!

• J Hill

ur blowing smoke.

—————————————————————

When you have a minute to sit and watch some plays, I can point it out to you.

1st series, 1st pass, 3rd down play, Reece drops a perfect pass.

I went over this while watching the game last week.

I’ve got a good hour right now if you’re up to some “film review”.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

RaidersBeat ‏@RaidersBeat 1m

On Dec. 12, 2010, @RashadJennings and Darren McFadden combined for 318 yards and 4 TD’s on just 24 combined touches. #Lightning&Lightning?

• RaiderFredinDallas

Reggie is the man!! Lets see what surprises he’s got for the upcoming draft.

• SnBG

Raida66 good post your a logical person

• SnBG

How many women are on this post incognito,,?

• RAIDERMAN99

Like i said, two memorable plays in his career. I’ve seen him jog on the field way too many times to have any sympathy for him. Huff is a POS
    ================================================
    Michelle Huff is a waste of oxygen.

Don’t want to hear about his speed and size.

There’s speed and there’s football speed. Actually, Huff has neither. You know that’s true by watching him getting left in the dust and toasted for a TD in Jax a few years ago.

Huff doesn’t like to HIT. Shys away from contact.

Does not anticipate or read well. Always a step late.

Mr. Non Impact personified.

Very few picks. Very few forced fumbles.

Hard to believe it, but Huff hasn’t scored a defensive TD in his entire NFL career.

What’s that tell you ?

And to top it all off, after getting paid millions for contributing squadouche, he has the audacity to run his yapper about playing in a ‘real’ defense.

Ozzie Newsome might be a genius and I’m certainly not, but he’s going to find out Huff sux. Huff does one thing well. He is very adept at disguising and timing his blitz.

That’s it.

You know what ?

If Michelle Huff and Slowturdo McWhiff are starting for the Ravens, they’re in bigger trouble than most people think.

• dr_robert

Jhill–please no.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Rashad Jennings on DRAFT day..

—————

• raida66

Doc is boastful for sure, but I agree with almost everything he says. Understands “building” a team takes more than one year. Weeding out infectious bad attitudes and lackluster effort takes a total house cleaning. Ozzie can bring in a few projects because they built a team and organization the right way. Al Davis let the NFL pass him by 15 years ago. He was once the genius of pro football. It was very sad for a long time fan to witness his slow and steady decline. Now is the time to do it right!

• DKnight007

For those of scared of Raiders taking Ansah….then why are you also scared of Dion Jordan being a Raider?

He would be a great pick for McK and the Raiders:

McShay hits on all points:

• I Know Football

SILENCE!!!

I’m talking here.

GOOD.

I was raised on football. Born and bred. It’s in my blood.

I’ve forgotten more about football in the last 5 minutes than anyone else here has known in a lifetime.

I will do you all a favor and instruct you on the basics of the 3/4 defense for clarification and to settle any silly arguments taking place here.

Feel free to mark this post so you can refer back to it in the future. It’s a gift from me; and by the way you’re welcome.

The alignment features three down lineman and four linebackers in the front seven, thus the name 3-4.

You have two defensive ends (DE), one on each end of the line, and one nose tackle (NT) in between. Right behind the defensive line are four linebackers (LB). At times, one or more of the linebackers will line up on the line of scrimmage.

Two cornerbacks (CB), one on each side of the field, line up to cover the wide receivers. There are also two safeties. The exact positioning of the defensive backs (cornerbacks and safeties) depends on the type of pass coverage they are in.

• J Hill

Dr_robert Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Jhill–please no.

—————————————————

Why not?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Don’t these two sound like they’re going to have sex????

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

RaidersBeat ‏@RaidersBeat 39s

In that game, Rashad Jennings averaged a modest 21.8 yards per carry. At 28, should still have tread on his tires, only 224 career carries.

• J Hill

Don’t these two sound like they’re going to have sex????

——————————————————————-

Only to someone who thinks about men and sex.

SMDH

• Just Win Baby

raida66 Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:54 pm
    Go New Raiders!

==================

You have to understand that most of the posters on this blog are unemployed substance abusers who don’t really understand the application of basic common logic. These are the people that Broncos fans use to support their stance that the Raiders fans are the dumbest fans in the world. Most of these guys are the Raiders fan that the rest of us try not to stand next to in public (assuming that they occasionally leave their grandmother’s basement).

• SnBG

J Hill Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    Don’t these two sound like they’re going to have sex????

——————————————————————-

Only to someone who thinks about men and sex.

SMDH
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    and we know for sure your a man?

• Just Win Baby

Looks like somebody looked up ‘defense’ on wikipedia….

• fingers

241..great post..

• I Know Football

I’m the one who wrote the original piece FOR Wikipedia.

You’re welcome.

• rudegruden

SnBG are you Mcfadden20?

• Priesttj12

Jhill, One you’ll learn and I’m sure you already know is people see what they want to see sometimes. No matter what you do they will what they WANT to see………period

• J Hill

My bad …

Pryor’s 1st pass attempt was at the 10:25 mark. 1st down pass that hits Reece right in the hands, and Reece drops it.

Easy 15 yd play.

Why don’t you want to go to the film Robert?

• DKnight007

For those of you scared of Raiders taking Ansah….then why are you also scared of Dion Jordan being a Raider?

He would be a great pick for McK and the Raiders:

McShay hits on all points:

Dion Jordan would bring more to the defense that Floyd and even Star.

• Al Davis Demon Spawn

MCReg must have a month long lunch date, just signed Rashard Jennings too…lots of signings in a week