Raiders confirm signings of two veterans

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, April 11th, 2013 at 9:02 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders on Thursday confirmed the signings of running back Rashad Jennings and safety Reggie Smith, moves first reported earlier this week.

Jennings, 28, started six of the 10 games he played for the Jacksonville Jaguars last season. He spent his first three NFL seasons with the Jaguars as a backup to Maurice Jones-Drew.

Darren McFadden remains the Raiders primary running back. Jennings is expected to compete for the backup spot occupied by Mike Goodson last season.

Smith played in 45 games for the 49ers from 2008-11. He signed with the Carolina Panthers last season but failed to make it past training camp.

Smith will be among the handful of players competing for playing time at safety, as well as special teams. Tyvon Branch is locked in at strong safety. The Raiders still are searching for someone to replace jettisoned free safety Michael Huff.

• CJ Legend 34

689.oakfasho Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    Reggie sure loves to sighn scrubs and bums to 1 year contracts.Yea thats how you build a team.What a fkn joke! Fire this piece of sht already.#1 overall pick in 2014.

————————————————–
    Oakfasho – We are strapped for cash and dumb contracts. Reggie can only make 1 year deals and it’s smart business. He is only going to pay and keep talent that has earned a spot. Most of the vets have had either injuries or are on a down tick. Or their potential is untapped or unknown like Flynn.

• DennisAllensVisor

I’d like to thank the little people like MR, for giving me the motivation to become the greatest poster in this blog’s history.

• http://polarityblog.com Silverandblack666

“Only reason I am back is because I got an email from Jerry & Cork telling me I am being inducted as the first member of the Raiders Blog HALL of FAME..”

Yeah I got that on April 1st as well thought it was an Aprils fools day joke!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

CJ Legend 34 Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:34 pm
    689.oakfasho Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

————————————————–

==================================

Remember to not feed the trolls, and Oakfasho (now on his fourth name after Oakfoshow, Reggiehater and Oakfshow were all banned) has managed the feat of being even more worthless than Hunter.

• DennisAllensVisor

I got the email this morning.

I was excited, mainly I just hoped that I remembered my password.

But its been a great ride guys.

One day I hope that you can experience this.

Oh, WOW.

Jerry just asked for my sizing in sports coats, apparently im getting the black blazer treatment.

#GOAT

• DutchRaider77

703.Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Yeah I got that on April 1st as well thought it was an Aprils fools day joke!

_______________________________________________

So the email I received on 4/1/13 from Cork telling me I won the Amy Trask halftime lap dance raffle was a lie?

• The_Judge37

Thanks to whoever brought up Major League and sent me on a Youtube Spree.

April 11th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    Thanks to whoever brought up Major League and sent me on a Youtube Spree.

—-

You tryna tell me Jesus Christ couldnt hit a curve ball?

• DennisAllensVisor

Im gonna think about who I want to do my intro speach..

Some good bloggers in here..

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

April 11th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    Thanks to whoever brought up Major League and sent me on a Youtube Spree.

==========================================

A year or so back in SI, they had a great set of interviews and recollections about the movie with Charlie Sheen, Corbin Bernsen, Bob Uecker and others. The one I remember is Corbin Bernsen running into Wesley Snipes right when the sequel was being put together: when Bernsen asked him about it, Snipes responded with “You’re actually going to do that???” Bernsen said he’d gone from being this nice kid to being “Wesley Snipes.”

• The_Judge37

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    Thanks to whoever brought up Major League and sent me on a Youtube Spree.

—-

You tryna tell me Jesus Christ couldnt hit a curve ball?
    —–

Barnes is our Pedro Cerranos. He run Block very good, but cannot pick up blitz

April 11th, 2013 at 3:46 pm
    DennisAllensVisor Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    Thanks to whoever brought up Major League and sent me on a Youtube Spree.

—-

You tryna tell me Jesus Christ couldnt hit a curve ball?
    —–

Barnes is our Pedro Cerranos. He run Block very good, but cannot pick up blitz

—-

Taiwan Jones is our Willie Mays Hayes

“You may run like Mays, but you hit like…”

Read more closely Dutch, its a Jon Castro halftime lap dance raffle. He’s the reigning Commitment to Exfoliation awardee.

• dr_robert

Kell u dumazz cross posting troll. Know a joke when u see one.

We should release seabass.

We don’t have a franchise LT. We have a good one. No pro bowls. Just good.

Give me Joekel or fisher. Barrett jones or braxston cavein the third.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Speaking of Wesley Snipes, I see he just got out of prison last week. Presumably, we’ll see a ton of direct-to-video features from him; he still owes million$ in back taxes.

• The_Judge37

Pryor is Ricky Vaughn from part 1, Flynn is Ricky Vaughn from part 2

• DennisAllensVisor

Invites to my Blog HOF induction will be in your email’s shortly, please RSVP and let me know if you will be bringing a guest.

Thanks.

April 11th, 2013 at 3:49 pm
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:48 pm
    ———

Blade 7, the Bloodsucking IRS

=======================================

I’d love to see him and Woody Harrelson in another movie; they played so well off each other in “White Men Can’t Jump.”

• The_Judge37

Darren McFadden = Roger Dorn

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:49 pm
    Pryor is Ricky Vaughn from part 1, Flynn is Ricky Vaughn from part 2

—-

Carson Palmer as Eddie Harris

====================================

Which one was Eddie Harris? Was he that veteran pitcher with vaseline smeared all over his body to rub on the ball?

Matt Giordano as Roger Dorn

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

April 11th, 2013 at 3:55 pm
    We need Seymour back to be Jake Taylor

=========================================

Last season, Seymour was Roger Dorn: the aging vet who thinks he’s everything he’s not.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

April 11th, 2013 at 3:57 pm
    —–

Stallone should’ve brought him back for The Expenditures

===============================================

He’s been in prison the last three years.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

==========================================

Meanwhile, China may finally be growing tired of North Korea’s s–t.

• The_Judge37

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 4:01 pm
    April 11th, 2013 at 3:57 pm
    —–

Stallone should’ve brought him back for The Expenditures

===============================================

He’s been in prison the last three years.

—–

You know there’s going to be a part 3 at some point.

The Expendables 3: Payback, and Alimony, is a B!tch

• dr_robert

Hunter u dummy. Mark davis said today that Reggie was doing exactly what he wanted and he wasnt going anywhere.

Give it up. It was tired about the third time u did it. Now it’s just pointless.

• alex7

lol at guys still wanting to trade out of a top-5 pick and end up with the 2nd-to-last 1st round pick and a bunch of 15%-chance-they-make-it 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Somewhere along the line, picks became more valuable than actual talent.

Weirdos.

50% chance to get a Pro Bowl talent in the first 15 picks.

WE DON’T NEED DEPTH, WE NEED IMPACT PLAYERS NOW.

• rediaR

Alex7 Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Somewhere along the line, picks became more valuable than actual talent.

Weirdos.

50% chance to get a Pro Bowl talent in the first 15 picks.

WE DON’T NEED DEPTH, WE NEED IMPACT PLAYERS NOW.
    ————————–
    We need both, but we need impact players the most.

• DutchRaider77

@alex7

So you are ok with the Dolphins trade scenario? #12?

• dr_robert

Rich cimini just mocked and neither star nor floydnwere in the top nine.

• RaiderRetribution

some noname pundit on nfl network had the Raiders selecting Richardson at #3 overall on the show path to the draft

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Dr_robert Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 4:13 pm

==========================================

Don’t feed the trolls.

• SnBG

Don’t want to trade down but if we do, don’t go past the Jets

• Cervantes

“You’ve got to be able to be flexible and adapt your system to the players that you have at any given year,” Olson said. “So, our job as a coaching staff will be to identify the skill set of the players, who are our best players, what do they do best, and how can we put them in position to be successful and do what they do best.”

And now I feel a sense of relief. This is our new OC.

• rediaR

Cervantes Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

And now I feel a sense of relief. This is our new OC.
    ——————
    Much better than “I teach what I know”. Especially when that person knows nothing of value.

• The_Judge37

Cervantes Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

And now I feel a sense of relief. This is our new OC.
    ———

Better than, “I can only teach what I barely know”

• rediaR

Dr_robert Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    Rich cimini just mocked and neither star nor floydnwere in the top nine.
    ———————
    Members of the media are finally listening to our wise words and realizing the Raiders already have DTs, but don’t have much of a pass rush option.

• RaiderRetribution

Of the Raiders’ current 7 draft picks, how many make the 53-man roster?

also just read on nfl.com that Reggie has postponed the signing of Wallace once again reconsidering Vince Y. and possibly Troy S.

• inonewordraider

can’t remember mocks being so completely different from site to site. it’s because there are so few “sure things”

besides fisher and joeckel, no sure things at positions you’d pick high on the draft board

guys like jordan, ansah, geno, mingo, jones, moore, werner, floyd, star have HUGE question marks

guys like warmack and cooper are in positions not typically selected in in the top 15

is there a top guy Reggie REALLY likes and is he willing to gamble that he will be there with a trade down?

gonna be interesting

• RaiderRetribution

Deon Jordan is being compared to Jason Taylor; if he has half the career Jason had he is worth the #3 overall draft choice for the Raiders.