Parsons, Ross, Stewart all on board

Guard/center Alex Parsons, cornerback/safety Brandian Ross and running back Jeremy Stewart all signed their exclusive rights contracts and were presumably present at the Raiders first day of their offseason workeout program Monday.

All were on the 53-man roster last season at the close of the season and could conceivably make it again. Ross saw time as a starting cornerback and Stewart performed well in two games when Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson were both out with injuries.

The Raiders started their offseason workout program today in Alameda. It’s likely that there will be media access to the players at some point in the coming days.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• dr_robert

Hunter–yeah u spend EVERY post saying fire somebody.

Ur a negative bore.

U are the type of guy with no answers, only complaints.

“They’re losing. Fire somebody.”

U have nothing of interest to say.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Show me where I said that?

I’ll wait.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

dr. slob, take your advice and ignore me.

• Al_is_theraiders

quack of those guys…riach might be a keeper…the others? scrubs all of them.

• hwnrdr

If t his was already posted…Boston Marathon explosion at the finish line. Reports of those injured are without limbs and blood everywhere! Anyone near there, be safe Fam!

• CJ Legend 34

I’m still not sure why anyone would mortgage the house by moving up in this years draft? I just don’t see the franchise names that are worth moving up to the #3 spot to take this year. Don’t want to bust anyones bubbles but I would be surpised if a team would give up three draft picks for our #3. I could be wrong but I don’t see a player worth it this year.

• dr_robert

Hunter–I almost always do.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

You never do.

• dr_robert

Al is–they’re not scrubs just cuz u don’t know them. Word is that the.yre good with upside.

People like u only live in the past. U probably wanted plaxico.

• CJ Legend 34

50.RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

***

@RNO

what does that look like on the draft point value chart?

——————————–

RR what’s up brother? I would love that man. But Ireally don’t think there is anyone that high Miamai would give up all those picks for. WHo do you think the player is they would target?

• Raider_D

RNOraiderFan Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Um we would get perfect value with Miami. We would get a 1rst, 2nd, 3rd, & 5th. The beauty of it the fins would only lose their 5th rounder cause they have extra 2nd and 3rd. The Raiders would be sitting good like this.
    1 (12th overall), 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 3 in the 6th and a 7th.

====================================

With no superstar standouts I doubt we’ll get full value. My guess would be a 1st, 2nd, and a 4th this year or a 3rd next year.

• dr_robert

Hunter–yeah right. I mostly skip ur posts altogether. Occasionally I tell u ur an idiot. I guess ur getting the attention u desperately crave.

U have ZERO football acumen and ur sole reason to be her is to annoy raider fans. Ur very unlikeable. It’s all u know.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:37 pm
    Show me where I said that?

I’ll wait.

===================================

Unfortunately, a bunch of the posts and articles from that time period are no longer present. However, I distinctly remember “Fire Kiffin” posting this ridiculous “Imagine” knock-off for weeks on end saying we’d be in the Super Bowl if only a “full-grown man” was our head coach. When Kiffin was fired for Cable, he (or you) claimed we’d make the playoffs with Cable that season.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Kiffin was an ingrate that did nothing but make excuses about the sorry state of the Raiders in order to deflect blame and avoid accountability.

Sound familiar?

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• RaidingTexas

If you don’t have a TV around, live streaming here:

abcnewsDOTgoDOTcom/live

wwwDOTnbcnewsDOTcom/video/nbcnewsDOTcom/51546697

Replace “DOT” with period. IBA is blocking me from posting the actual link

• RaidingTexas

Not sure if it’s true yet or not, but they’re saying a third explosion just happened.

• StarUkulele

Sounds like work of a suicide bomber!

trading down with Miami from #3 to #12 requires them to make up 1,000 points.

Fins would have to give us both 2nd rounders (42 & 54) as well as a 3rd (77 or 82)

• Raider_D

StarUkulele Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Sounds like work of a suicide bomber!

—————–

two explosions in two different spots. More likely they were setup to go at the same time.

• RaiderFredinDallas

This draft is not top heavy so I don’t think any teams are moving up for any of these players.

Take Star-Floyd or Fisher with the number 3 pick.

• hwnrdr

Yup a third one just happened minutes ago!

• dr ice 2012

All these Reggies haters.I got a question for you,what would u guys have done resign overpaid underachievng players? You cant no cap space.Maybe get big time free agents no again no cap space. All these rocket scientist I hope u realize this house cleaning should have happened years ago but AL (god rest his soul) wouldnt allow it.AL was great in the70s 80s and 90s but the game past him by and his pride killed him in the 2000s.This year is gonna be tough granted but it cant get much worse and we r projected to 69 mllion under the cap next year. Thats how u turn a francise around.
    NICE JOB REGGIE

• raidertay

I read Miami and Atl is looking to trade up. Hopefully one of them calls Reggie

• RaidingTexas

Yeah, doubt these are suicide bombings. Probably placed in trash cans like Atlanta Olympics.

• araiderso

This Hunter fella sounds like a very sad creature. Yes lets fire the only highly respected personnel man we’ve had in years because he’s FINALLY cleaning house and starting over. Get the guy out of here..? Next off-season he will be wheeling and dealing with all the $ and a hefty bag of draft picks.

And the guy complaining about the 1 yr deals. That’s the only reason we were able to sign the guys we have. They want to cash in next yr (assuming they play well this yr), and with the butt load of $ Reggie has created, they can sign here if we want them back. Plus, Roach & Maiava have signed long-term. So they haven’t all been 1 year deals.

• The_Judge37

70.RaiderFredinDallas Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Take Star-Floyd or Fisher with the number 3 pick.
    ———

I agree, especially with more teams behind us also looking to trade down. I think we’re stuck at 3, which is not a bad thing

• bcz24

hwnrdr Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:39 pm
    *************
    One of my customers runs in the marathon every year. He always finishes at or near the top of the list. I hope he was done and gone before this madness happened.

• RaiderFredinDallas

Extend Reggie Now!

• hwnrdr

77.bcz24 Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    hwnrdr Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:39 pm
    *************

Man, I hope so too! and now a third bomb went off…crazy!

I really don’t think there is anyone that high Miami would give up all those picks for. WHo do you think the player is they would target?

***

@CJL & Raider D

rumor has it they want one of the Top 2 Tackles. I’m with you (see comment #13). If Reggie is generous and more concerned with NEXT YEAR than this one, I can see him taking Miami’s #12 along with #54 this year … then a 3rd & 4th next draft

• RaiderFredinDallas

Araiderso Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

—————————————————–
    Well Said.

• RaidingTexas

Bcz24 Says:

———————————————-

If he kept up his usual pace, he should be alright. This is three hours after the first runners crossed. I think they typically encourage finishers to clear the area quickly so there isn’t a huge logjam at the finish line.

• hwnrdr

I guess update: 23 injured, 2 reported dead!

• SnBG

Watching CNN Live terrible

I think we’re stuck at 3, which is not a bad thing

***

@Judge

I agree. Most people will hate on the Raiders taking Ansah 3rd overall, but I don’t care. We’re getting ourselves a beast !!

trade down is the first option. If we don’t have a trade partner, fine.

• RaiderFredinDallas

Star-Floyd or Fisher

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Watch MistaBrown show up and try to use a human tragedy to advance his stupid political agenda.

• The_Judge37

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    I think we’re stuck at 3, which is not a bad thing

***

@Judge

—–

I don’t have an opinion on Rookies since i don’t watch College FB, but as long as he’s not a bust i have no problem with staying at #3

• lefty12

The 3rd explosion was a controlled explosion.The police set it off.

• dr_robert

Terrorists are evil cowards.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Dr Ice 2012 Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    NICE JOB REGGIE

===============

Keep the offense in tact…

Re-sign Satelle at C and let Saunders or someone that was already on
    staff work with Saunders in calling the plays, along with keeping Wylie

Use the top draft pick(no grandpa bergstrom) and FA(no briesel) signing from last year on DEFENSIVE PLAYERS…

The O stays productive, the D has the potential to improve over Breshnahan.

Oh, and don’t change the Special Teams Coaches either.

Then yo can “rebuild” the defense while continuing the strides made on offense instead of just blowing up the whole team & “hoping” it will work.

I’m not a rocket scientist so how much salary cap space do you need for this?

• araiderso

It’s kind of a relieving year to be a fan this year. I don’t have that false hope of the team winning the division, making playoffs etc. We will very likely suck this year, which we always do anyways. But good god we’ve got a light at the end of the tunnel finally. Actual positive things are happening structurally within the organization. This years high pick as well as next years (most likely) high pick will pay off, and with all that $ next off-season a very solid Raiders team should take the field in 2014. I’m cool with waiting

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Dr_robert Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Terrorists are evil cowards.

==========

Yup we’ve had quite a few @ 1600 pennsylvania ave.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 12:27 pm
    Reggie needs to show dramatic improvement ON THE FIELD in order to make it to year 3 of his contract.

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

==============

According to whom? The Reggime apologists say he’s already doing a great job. I guess accounting for “On the Field” means nothing to them.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

FIRE ACCOUNTABILITY

FIRE REASON

FIRE INTELLIGENCE

FIRE HARD WORK

FIRE DISCIPLINED FOOTBALL

=============

Exactly, that’s why they cut that DVD fool for this type of player

• lefty12

2 more devices found and being dismantled

@ The_Civilian

dems = evil cowards?

I don’t agree with them either, but that’s a bit harsh.

I’m convinced Prez BO is a scumbag, but probably not a terrorist

• lefty12

Trapp was no doubt talking about GW and his vice pres.

• rediaR

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 15th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

would you sign this guy for 1-year @ vet minimum?
    —————
    Peyton Manning? I’d give him a shot.