Raiders release dates, times of three exhibition games

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 2:56 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders kick off their exhibition season with a home game against the Dallas Cowboys on Aug. 9 at 7 p.m. They play the New Orleans Saints on Aug. 16 at 5 p.m. in the SuperDome. The Raiders conclude their exhibition season with a road game against the Seattle Seahawks on Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. The date and time for the Raiders exhibition game against the Chicago Bears has yet to be determined, though it will be played between the Saints and Seahawks games.

• Marks hair

I wouldn’t take floyd because I like other guys more. But if reg takes him I get it. Our dline sucks. Our dts suck…

• SnBG

Araiderso Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:59 pm
    SnBG Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:55 pm
    Araiderso Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    @SnBG
    Don’t be a poor sport. If you’re gonna talk s*^t then take it or shut up.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    An or is it a wittier comment, I would expect form…Oh excuse me…. from a or is it an English teacher. Im or is it I’m too or to lazy to check. Pleeeaaaasssse help me.
    ——————————————————————

I have to be an English teacher because I know how to spell? I suppose this is why many think all Raiders fans are stupid.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Now don’t look it up, just answer. When do you us or is it use a and when do you use an?

• DutchRaider77

@dr_robert

So what are you saying?

Draft OT in round 1….or

Since many teams need a top-flight OT, then it will be easy to trade down?

• dr_robert

Star:

Health questions
    Passion for the game questions
    Raiders didn’t attend pro day
    No one has linked him to the raiders (no buzz)

= off raiders board

• Macho Man Randy Savage

When was the last time Mel Kiper picked a pro bowler? was he fired for ranking Jamarcus as high as Elway? na. Mel gets paid to talk like he knows, bet has never done it.

• Marks hair

Kipers board’s shifty this yr.. a lot of board’s are. I hope we find a trade.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

dr_robert Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Star:

Health questions
    Passion for the game questions
    Raiders didn’t attend pro day
    No one has linked him to the raiders (no buzz)

= off raiders board
    ==========================================

Guys that can’t stay on their teams are not going to get drafted by the Raiders. Take that to the bank. Tyrann Mathieu looking your way here…..

• Macho Man Randy Savage

If we pick 3rd I sure as hell would rather have an OT than a DT. But then again, Im gonna get excited even if we pick a punter. wooooohooooo!

• SnBG

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    Relentless Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    Judge also RM has dolphin teeth and I forgot to put water in RM’s mommas dish
    ””””””””””””’
    Ah, you’re just saying these hateful things because it gets you attention. You’re a sad and lonely person. Hang on and I’ll get you Dr Phil’s # or do you need the suicide prevention hotline?

• The_Judge37

dr_robert Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:24 pm
    Star:

Health questions
    Passion for the game questions
    Raiders didn’t attend pro day
    No one has linked him to the raiders (no buzz)
    ——

Smoke Screens, Reggie is all about Smoke Screens

• Marks hair

Could be a smokescreen. I’ve heard a lot of players say certain teams didn’t attend their Pro days or talk to him personally and then out of nowhere they grab them on draft day.. never know

• http://ibabuss.com antispy3

So, if one believes in fate, here goes. . .

I sat in the waiting room in my doctor’s office. I forgot my Iphone in the car, so I was forced to consult their reading matter.

Even though they are the caregiver’s for the local hockey & lacross teams I had a hard time finding pertinent reading material

Lo & behold I found a copy of SI with Andres Luck (Napoleon Dynamite) on the cover.

This edition was in mailboxes on December 2 of this past year.

The first article I came to was about Ziggy Ansah, the DE from BYU. . .

Nuff said. . .the Raiders trade down to, say, the # 7 pick (ironically from Arizona, the current home of that renowned football mercenary, Carson Palmer. So the Cards offer their second round pick & the #7 selection for the rights to move up four spots & claim, well, whomever (hopefully not Eric Fisher) & Reg then reclaims the second round selection Cincy fleeced from Hue Jack (Hue got jacked!!1 LOL. . .). . .

Just reading the potential tea leaves, although I want the Raiders to realize how gifted Fisher is & tab him thenselves, giving the Raiders potentially one of the best bookends of OT’s in the NFL. . .screw the lost draft pick. Sometimes talent speaks higher volumns than quantity. . .something about quality over quantity. . .

• bigsnow81

I’m happy that the new GM won’t be drafting DHB and Mike Mitchell type players.

• The_Judge37

SnBG Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:28 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    Relentless Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    Judge also RM has dolphin teeth and I forgot to put water in RM’s mommas dish
    ””””””””””””’
    ——–

I like how you improved your use of the word “You’re”. Shows we can all still learn on this blog. #Hope

• severeraiderz

Araiderso

So what did u think of him when u saw the practices

• The_Judge37

bigsnow81 Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:30 pm
    I’m happy that the new GM won’t be drafting DHB and Mike Mitchell type players.
    —-

What makes you so sure?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Marks hair Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Kipers board’s shifty this yr.. a lot of board’s are. I hope we find a trade.
    ============================================

A lot of players are flying around draft boards like its moving day at the city college. Not a lot of consensus as to who is #1-10. This is a very interesting draft. Teams that really do their homework will be the ones that do the best in this draft. Thank God Al is not here to wing it. (God rest his soul).

• dr_robert

Dutch–

Well that’s an interesting question isn’t it?

On the one hand, trading down could get u two or three more solid-to-good players. But do they add up to the effect a top tackle would have?

Depends on Reggie’s take on those tackles and his take on others in the draft.

And his draft strategy.

Personally, I love the idea of getting a great OT and adding so wine like Barrett jones in the third. Now ur line has fisher, veldheer, wiz, and jones. 4/5 of a very good OL. Now figure out who’s a keeper out of brisiel, bergstrom, and nix.

The way they to do it is break the board down into tiers.

Lets say u think there are 8 elite guys. And then 12 very good players. And then 16 good ones.

Then u circle guys in each group that u really would like.

Where do u think they’ll go? If u trade down, will u nab multiple “circled” guys?

Draft strategy dictates everything.

Does Reggie WANT an OT? Does he consider those three elite?

I’m just saying if u want an elite tackle, this is a good year to get one. And we are in prime position to get one.

• PurpleDrank81

Why draft Floyd? He seems like an Intellectual kid but he doesnt love the game and thats an issue with me. Has admitted several times that Football isnt his favorite sport and didnt even watch Football until 5 years ago. It’s not like he was raised in Ghana and didnt get to watch TV. He lived in the USA. Also he doesnt impress at all on tape.

AVOID FLOYD
    AVOID FLOYD
    AVOID FLOYD

• http://ibabuss.com antispy3

ESETERIK78 @ post #144 I couldn’t agree more. . .I’ve maintained that posture from day one. . .the past was mortgaged some time back & Reg is just engaging in an old fashioned political purge (think Joseph Stalin), only this one makes sense. . .does anyone actually think all that wasted space would have renegotiated their contracts & miraculiously started to perform to their lofty salary levels? Duh!

• SnBG

Lefty12 Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:14 pm
    What is amazing about this place is people can be talking Raiders,having good conversations,then,boom,all at once these naysayers show up.Maybe there aren’t that many,it’s just someone having what they consider a good time.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Orrrrrrrrrrr…….it’s really one poster using several different names so it looks like he has sympathizers.LOL

• http://ibabuss.com antispy3

Floyd, likw the WVA QB is a smoke screen.

The Raiders love Eric Fisher. ..& hopefully get the opportunity to prove so. . .

• DJ Johnny

After watching the Flynn video of the Pats game again he looks small…although he isn’t necessarily. Same height and a little more weight actually than Rodgers, but I’m really not impressed.

He threw a pick 6 and then a big int. late and a big fumble at the end.

There were some good things too.

I really hope Pryor is as good as he thinks he is.

• bigsnow81

Hopefully not those type in the first and second round.

• araiderso

severeraiderz Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:30 pm
    Araiderso

So what did u think of him when u saw the practices
    ———————————————————————–
    just looked like a guy. if there were no names or numbers I would’ve had no clue he was a top prospect.

• Marks hair

I’m actually looking forward to this draft.. I was always filled with dread knowing al was gonna fuçk me in the 1st rd.. and usually the 2nd.. I’m not sure reg is gonna fùck me.. there’s hope for a tight bùtthole.

• http://ibabuss.com antispy3

Preaching to the choir @ post #168. . .quality over quantity in an under talented overall draft. . .

If you choose Fisher & the Raiders go onto possessing one of the most elite Olines in the NFL that has to trumph a bunch of “pretty good country ballplayers. . .”

Especially against the Denvers & KC’s of the AFC West. . .

• araiderso

new post fellas

• dr_robert

There’s no reason for a smoke screen regarding star. It wouldn’t do anything. Everyone knows about star. He’s not a guy people will trade up do or that will likely go before us.

The raiders just haven’t shown that they are considering him.

They have looked at Joekel and ansah and Jordan and fisher and Floyd. Basically they have looked at all of the top players EXCEPT star.

He didn’t play in ’09 due to lack of passion for the game.

DA and Reggie have made one thing clear. They have repeatedly talked of wanting players who love the game

I think star is off their board.

• bigsnow81

I will be happy with Fisher.

• SnBG

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:30 pm
    SnBG Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:28 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    Relentless Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    Judge also RM has dolphin teeth and I forgot to put water in RM’s mommas dish
    ””””””””””””’
    ——–

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Na, if you were paying attention you would have noticed I spell it correct most of the time but sometimes I’m just too lazy to get of my butt and type it right or is that rite?

• JLofty

So after we draft a tackle @3 or trade down for numerous picks….
    We need a pass rusher still and some help at WR, TE, and DB, mainly safety. Depth at LB.

Man I REALLY hope Ausberry is taking his chance to play for us to the 10/10ths. Need some playmakers….

Abraham for a year or two? Maybe a two year backloaded with some bonus to spread it over next yr too?

• SnBG

Araiderso Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:36 pm
    severeraiderz Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:30 pm
    Araiderso

So what did u think of him when u saw the practices
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    AGH! That’s spelled you

• SnBG

Relentless Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    Judge also RM has dolphin teeth and I forgot to put water in RM’s mommas dish
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    AGH!!!! Another myopic hater comment.

• severeraiderz

Antispy3

“He’s doing the job. Yeah, he’s my guy. I’ve never wavered from that. He’s the only guy I’ve hired. Well, I traded for Carson Palmer, but (McKenzie) decided he was not part of the long-term plan, and I’m O.K. with that.”

-Mark Davis

Who got jacked?

• severeraiderz

SnBG

U should really mind ur own business and not worry about how other people decide to spell words. Ya dig

• EricTurnerR.I.P.

I’m not sold on Matt Flynn! !! I think Reggie screw us on that trade for pick. U do realize Matt is lazy he was in gb and settle remember the stories about him being lazy in the film room and about not staying late to watch film!! Red flag ppl!!