3,160

Ford says he’s 100 percent, ready to roll

Wide receiver Jacoby Ford msised all of last season with a foot injury. A surgery fixed the problem and now Ford is ready to get back on the field and do what he does best, catch passes and return kicks. Here’s the transcript from an interview with Ford in Alameda on Thursday:

Q: Are you 100 percent with the foot?
Ford: Yes, sir. One-hundred percent, ready to go. Ready to start being able to run around there on the field and I’ll definitely be out there participating full-go.

Q: when were you able to start running?
Ford: I’ve been running really well for probably the last month and a half now, ever since me and TP and a few other guys were able to go to Laney College and just toss the ball around out there. I just kind of worked my way into it from running in regular shoes, then eventually when I started upping my rehab, just kind of transitioned into cleats.

Q: How antsy are you?
Ford: Pretty antsy Just got to home back in on everything and just get back out there and get my feet wet, get rolling again?

Q: When was the realization that this can be a good thing, I can get my feet back under me and rehab this thing?
Ford: I think probably as soon as it happened and I got the surgery, and talked to the doctor. He said it was kind of worse then he thought it was. Just kind of getting that reassurance from him made me feel better that I finally got the problem fixed. I was able to just put it behind me and keep rolling.

Q: Layman’s terms, what was the problem?
Ford: It was a Lisfranc. It was just kind of, my joints were just kind of split a little farther apart than what we thought it was. It’s all fixed up now, though.

Q: Talked to Darren rehab, coming back from it . .
Ford: We both had, his just healed a little different than mine.I don’t know why, but I mean, I’m glad his definitely did, I’m glad he didn’t have to go through the surgery process, but it was just one of those things that just kind of happened, he healed and and mine just kind of healed almost all the way but as soon as it got twisted up I knew what was wrong then.

Q: He wasn’t himself last year for whatever reason, and you were out, two playmakers that had done a lot of big things, scored a lot of TDs, how eager are you both to get back out and add that back to the mix?
Ford: We’re definitely both eager to get back out there, because we know how explosive this offense can be, no matter who’s at the helm or who’s running the ball, who’s going to be catching it, we have a whole bunch of weapons on this team right now on both sides of the ball and on special teams so I think just bringing this whole team together now, and bringing everybody here, just kind of gets everybody antsy and ready to go.

Q: Considering so much of staff is new, special teams coordinator, offensive coordinator, how much do you have to prove?
Ford: I don’t want to say starting over, but I know they’re definitely antsy to see me play, because I haven’t really played in front of them. I’m just going to go out there and let the game come to me like I always do and have fun with it.

Q: How fun being back in the room, weight room, etc.
Ford: It’s fun, last year I just kind of stayed away and when they went to practice then I came in to do my rehab and I would leave just because it was hard to come here and see them out there working because I would want to go out there. I mean, eventually, I started coming around just a little bit more, but just to be back in the swing of things kind of makes you feel like you’re back on the team again.

Q: Spending a lot of your time introducing yourself to new teammates?
Ford: It’s weird. It’s kind of weird. Everybody is still feeling each other out within the first week. I think within the next few weeks everybody will start hanging out a little bit more. We don’t’ really see the defense that much except in the morning when we’re eating breakfast, and then special teams. And then they to meetings and we go lift. It’s kind of hard to hang out with now, or bond with ‘em. But eventually, everybody will get to know each other a little better.

Q: How much interaction with Matt Flynn . . . have worked with Terrelle at Laney?
Ford: Matt just got here and so far he’s been putting the offense together and we’ve just gone through formations and walked through plays and stuff like that. Just little things to help us learn the new system because everybody has to learn it. He’s definitely helping in that process, him and Terrelle.

Q: First impressions of Greg Olson as coordinator?
Ford: I like him. He’s going to be a guy who definitely takes some shots downfield and he’s going to stick to his scheme no matter what. I don’t think he’ll let a defense bother anything that he’s going to do, him or our new O-line coach, Sparano, but they’re both fiery guys and I definitely can’t wait to get out there and play for them.

Q: Before foot happened, you were going to return punts . . . still on track?
Ford: Yeah, I definitely plan on doing it. Punt return and kick return.

Q: How much working with Terrelle difference you’ve seen since last summer before you got hurt?
Ford: Just like his whole demeanor, his mechanics, how he’s handling himself, how he’s throwing the ball. You can definitely tell that he wants it, and that’s something that you want out of a young quarterback like that. He’s hungry, he’s waiting for his chance and I think he’ll get his chance to go out there and compete.

Q: Lost so many guys, salary cap issues, under-the-radar free agency . . . national perspective is still rebuilding . . . what about inside that room?
Ford: In our room? . . . I think we’ll be just fine. I think the front office went and got guys that they believe in, that are going to come and play for this organization this year. Just the demeanor, you can just feel a vibe. It’s different, it’s going to be different, but just a vibe that I get from a lot of these players, I can tell they actually want to be here. And that shows up with our attendance and just voluntary workouts. They’re learning a new offense, new defense too, just as well. Everybody’s here that wants to be here and I think that’s going to lead us into some promising things.

Steve Corkran

Reggie builds from the inside out.

His words. Not mine.

Actually, he said exactly….”You win upfront.”

***

@Len

BigMac will draft a pass rusher at #3 or trade down

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Twinkle Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 2:06 pm

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 2:03 pm

mcclain is a jackazz.
    ***************************
    Agreed.
    We need not lower ourselves to hating on the kid for that
    imo
    ======================================================

Is acknowledgement lowering oneself?

• Plunketthead

New post blog dweebs

• dr_robert

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    if this clown likes them, u KNOW it’s a problem.

***

Exactly. if Dr Bob loves Carson Palmer, you know he’s a proven loser

**********

yeah, there’s me, bruce arians, charlie casserly, marcel reece, adn terrelle pryor himself.

then there’s notorious blog clowns, missdick, debo, raiderO, and rockstar.

i think i’m on the right side.

• Twinkle

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Twinkle Says: **********************************
    No I didn’t see either (no TV) but I’m an unabashed
    bandwagon rider so you saw what I did not.I saw plenty of brutal LB play in S&B over the years and I can’t imagine Romac as a spot on the radar in comparison.
    Never forget this team’s legacy…..the entire NFL was afraid of the D and with damn good reason.The media
    glorifies the men in black and the league vilifies us.
    I can’t blame a kid for following the script.
    ===================================================

Thought you were in New Zealand.
    Now you’re in Decatur, GA.
    Without a TV?
    But an internet connection?
    What’s up?
    ***********************************
    No mate….I was spawned there.Immigrated here what
    seems like a millenium ago.I live in beautiful downtown
    Richmond CA with an outstanding view of the Chevron
    refinery to the left,the BNSF railhead to the right
    and the I580 freeway to the fore and have done for fifteen years.Passed through Decatur GA on a road trip
    many years ago…not keen on a repeat.The TV I flung out years ago due to my tiny brained addiction to watching absolute crap.Freed up a sh!tload of time to
    walk the dog,talk to the missus etc. etc.
    The internet only runs $18 a month and I can do that.
    Would not care to miss the enlightened opinions of my
    fellow Nation colleagues now would I?

• Twinkle

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    if this clown likes them, u KNOW it’s a problem.

***

Exactly. if Dr Bob loves Carson Palmer, you know he’s a proven loser

**********

then there’s notorious blog clowns, missdick, debo, raiderO, and rockstar.

i think i’m on the right side.
    ********************************
    might wanna see how Phoenix does this year before you start slinging sh!t at Dr Bob.
    I am also an unabashed CP3 fan just in case you don’t
    already know.

• DKnight007

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    NEEDING a pass rusher doesn’t mean there is one worth the third pick.

Never reach. BPA.

My order of preference?

Fisher
    Floyd
    Ansah

^^^^^^^^^^
    Floyd is NOT one of the BPA’s available at #3 IMO.

DT’s like him can be had in the later rounds to add to the DT rotation.

DT’s like him are often overhyped overdrafted and wind up not doing much in the NFL.

• DKnight007

If McK drafts Floyd at #3 instead of trading down and getting more picks or instead of drafting Fisher, Ansah, or Jordan than the Raiders draft is effectively over for me.

I will be extremely disappointed in McKenzie.

• Remember Member

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 11:37 am

[snipped]

I got a DUI when I was 19, on Halloween, dressed as Jesus,(white gown, red shawl, long hair, beard, not Aramaic looking) and have been safe on the road ever since.
    ===============================================
    Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
    Driving down the expressway in a pink and yellow Ford
    With one hand on the throttle
    and the other one a bottle
    of Pabst’s Blue Ribbon Beer!

• jesusraiderjim

Twinkle Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 11:31 am
    Morning Nation.

Dr Bob of course the Decatur police are targeting the guy.Every time Romac shows up in town he’s arrested for bullsh!t like swearing at a cop.If they were in your business as bad as they are in his you would be swearing at em too.This is by no means a condoning of his behavior but when he managed to spin their prime witness/accuser,making them look like idiots in front of the judge,they took umbrage.He needs to get the hell out of that town for his own safety if nothing else.I realize he did not live up to our expectations
    but seeing some one getting the royal shaft like he is
    pisses me off.

——————————————–

FIrst off RoDUMBO is a huge let down, not just as a football player but as a person.

You can bet your arse though that the DA and the PoPO have a raging boner for him because he “beat the rap.”