3,160

Ford says he’s 100 percent, ready to roll

Wide receiver Jacoby Ford msised all of last season with a foot injury. A surgery fixed the problem and now Ford is ready to get back on the field and do what he does best, catch passes and return kicks. Here’s the transcript from an interview with Ford in Alameda on Thursday:

Q: Are you 100 percent with the foot?
Ford: Yes, sir. One-hundred percent, ready to go. Ready to start being able to run around there on the field and I’ll definitely be out there participating full-go.

Q: when were you able to start running?
Ford: I’ve been running really well for probably the last month and a half now, ever since me and TP and a few other guys were able to go to Laney College and just toss the ball around out there. I just kind of worked my way into it from running in regular shoes, then eventually when I started upping my rehab, just kind of transitioned into cleats.

Q: How antsy are you?
Ford: Pretty antsy Just got to home back in on everything and just get back out there and get my feet wet, get rolling again?

Q: When was the realization that this can be a good thing, I can get my feet back under me and rehab this thing?
Ford: I think probably as soon as it happened and I got the surgery, and talked to the doctor. He said it was kind of worse then he thought it was. Just kind of getting that reassurance from him made me feel better that I finally got the problem fixed. I was able to just put it behind me and keep rolling.

Q: Layman’s terms, what was the problem?
Ford: It was a Lisfranc. It was just kind of, my joints were just kind of split a little farther apart than what we thought it was. It’s all fixed up now, though.

Q: Talked to Darren rehab, coming back from it . .
Ford: We both had, his just healed a little different than mine.I don’t know why, but I mean, I’m glad his definitely did, I’m glad he didn’t have to go through the surgery process, but it was just one of those things that just kind of happened, he healed and and mine just kind of healed almost all the way but as soon as it got twisted up I knew what was wrong then.

Q: He wasn’t himself last year for whatever reason, and you were out, two playmakers that had done a lot of big things, scored a lot of TDs, how eager are you both to get back out and add that back to the mix?
Ford: We’re definitely both eager to get back out there, because we know how explosive this offense can be, no matter who’s at the helm or who’s running the ball, who’s going to be catching it, we have a whole bunch of weapons on this team right now on both sides of the ball and on special teams so I think just bringing this whole team together now, and bringing everybody here, just kind of gets everybody antsy and ready to go.

Q: Considering so much of staff is new, special teams coordinator, offensive coordinator, how much do you have to prove?
Ford: I don’t want to say starting over, but I know they’re definitely antsy to see me play, because I haven’t really played in front of them. I’m just going to go out there and let the game come to me like I always do and have fun with it.

Q: How fun being back in the room, weight room, etc.
Ford: It’s fun, last year I just kind of stayed away and when they went to practice then I came in to do my rehab and I would leave just because it was hard to come here and see them out there working because I would want to go out there. I mean, eventually, I started coming around just a little bit more, but just to be back in the swing of things kind of makes you feel like you’re back on the team again.

Q: Spending a lot of your time introducing yourself to new teammates?
Ford: It’s weird. It’s kind of weird. Everybody is still feeling each other out within the first week. I think within the next few weeks everybody will start hanging out a little bit more. We don’t’ really see the defense that much except in the morning when we’re eating breakfast, and then special teams. And then they to meetings and we go lift. It’s kind of hard to hang out with now, or bond with ‘em. But eventually, everybody will get to know each other a little better.

Q: How much interaction with Matt Flynn . . . have worked with Terrelle at Laney?
Ford: Matt just got here and so far he’s been putting the offense together and we’ve just gone through formations and walked through plays and stuff like that. Just little things to help us learn the new system because everybody has to learn it. He’s definitely helping in that process, him and Terrelle.

Q: First impressions of Greg Olson as coordinator?
Ford: I like him. He’s going to be a guy who definitely takes some shots downfield and he’s going to stick to his scheme no matter what. I don’t think he’ll let a defense bother anything that he’s going to do, him or our new O-line coach, Sparano, but they’re both fiery guys and I definitely can’t wait to get out there and play for them.

Q: Before foot happened, you were going to return punts . . . still on track?
Ford: Yeah, I definitely plan on doing it. Punt return and kick return.

Q: How much working with Terrelle difference you’ve seen since last summer before you got hurt?
Ford: Just like his whole demeanor, his mechanics, how he’s handling himself, how he’s throwing the ball. You can definitely tell that he wants it, and that’s something that you want out of a young quarterback like that. He’s hungry, he’s waiting for his chance and I think he’ll get his chance to go out there and compete.

Q: Lost so many guys, salary cap issues, under-the-radar free agency . . . national perspective is still rebuilding . . . what about inside that room?
Ford: In our room? . . . I think we’ll be just fine. I think the front office went and got guys that they believe in, that are going to come and play for this organization this year. Just the demeanor, you can just feel a vibe. It’s different, it’s going to be different, but just a vibe that I get from a lot of these players, I can tell they actually want to be here. And that shows up with our attendance and just voluntary workouts. They’re learning a new offense, new defense too, just as well. Everybody’s here that wants to be here and I think that’s going to lead us into some promising things.

Steve Corkran

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:39 pm
    Well we ain’t picking star. That’s for sure.
    ****************************

How was Sac this weekend?

• rediaR

RediaR Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:37 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:35 pm
    rediaR Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:23 pm
    How did Floyd do against Bama? can one of you stat guys pull that up?
    ————————–
    He didn’t play them last year. Had 3 tackles against them in ‘11 and 2 in ‘10.

————

doesnt sound too good thats the closest oline to a pro oline and all he could muster up is 3 tackles not even a TFL? PASS.
    ———————-
    He more or less averaged 2 tackles in ‘10, 3 in ‘11 and 4 in ‘12.
    ——————
    NVM, he had a couple huge games tackle wise in ’11.

• RAIDERMAN99

What’s the knock on Bark Mingo ?

When I watch highlights of top prospects, this guy stands out as having perhaps the most upside of anyone.

Reminds me a little of LT.

There’s 3 guys I like alot in this draft.

If the RAIDS stay at 3, and he’s there, I take Fisher.

If the RAIDS move down to the 7-10 range, I take Mingo.

If the RAIDS move down into the teens, I take Ogletree.

Love Ogletree’s ability and mean streak, but a little concerned he’s actually a tweener LB/Safety.

A comment about Floyd…he’s been on ESPN several times today talking about overcoming a very difficult, poverty ridden childhood…while he’s wearing TWO diamond stud earrings.

Where’d the cash for those trinkets come from ?

• guest123

Reggie’s looking for men with character, not a bunch of characters. D Moore, sorry son. Pass.

• bigsnow81

His career is on the line. This isn’t about right and wrong. This man needed to shut his pie hole.

• dr_robert

Moore is WEAK. He will have a difficult holding up against the run or getting off blocks when OT’s get latched on. I still kinda like him due to his production but I’d need to see tape on him going against really good tackles. There’s a reason he’s dropping.

HAHAHA guys killing me with this Ansah …we not picking that bum at all

***

@ROG

Ziggy = Tamba Hali meets Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

get on the train before it runs you over. Ansah = beast

• dr_robert

B@uce–give it up man. It’s boring. Ur wasting ur time.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Who the he11 is this new Dr_rob?
    He’s making sense.

• inonewordraider

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 pm

_______
    he’s dropping because of his 40 time. there’s concern about him not holding up against the run, but you can make the same case regarding mingo and jordan

difference? moore was much more productive in college, jordan and mingo are much athletic.

we’ll c

• Plunketthead

Watched Floyd on espn today. He did not seem to happy about being third but he sure perked up at going 4 to Philly

Another east coast homeboy who cant handle being so far from home.

• Twinkle

Pman…great link!As I said earlier,this was not to condone the man’s behavior but merely an attempt to
    rationalize what occurred.A fish out of water is the best analogy I can come up with.This draft sh!t reeks of the old slave market when it comes down to the inner city black kids.I live in one of the most violent cities in the US and I can tell you for sure that that is tentative on a day to day basis.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    HAHAHA guys killing me with this Ansah …we not picking that bum at all

***

@ROG

Ziggy = Tamba Hali meets Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

get on the train before it runs you over. Ansah = beast
    *************************************

HAHAHAHAHA those guys actually had pass rush moves and could play…Ansah is not a football player…that ugly troll face will do nada but play ST

• rediaR

There is nothing I’ve heard about/seen from Floyd that makes me think he is a good pick at #3.

• Priesttj12

Just watched EJ Manuel on sports science and he was pretty good. Who I think is the most underrated of the QB’s this year I think if he gets a chance to sit for say a year at least or two this kid will make some team very happy down the road.

I was able to sleep on my study of Dion Jordan and I still feel he is a definite top 10 pick I just wouldn’t touch him as a DE he is a 3/4 LB and if you use him correctly similar to way the Clay Matthews is used he could be better than Matthews he is easily more explosive he will struggle at times with ball location but he is a pretty secure tackler.

He is an impact players if used correctly will make probowls and have a chance at stardom. For us I think I would still take Ansah due to the needs we have as a DE and use Burris in the role for Jordan which I think suits Burris better. I would come back and may in the 4th take Shane Skov as an inside backer. Those 3 in your front 7 would help alot in changing the speed and effectiveness of this defense.

• Twinkle

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Who the he11 is this new Dr_rob?
    He’s making sense.
    ***********************
    It’s OK……’this too shall pass’.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Who the he11 is this new Dr_rob?
    He’s making sense.
    —–
    I guess I should qualify that.

===========================================
    dr_robert Says:

No one is forcing poor little rolando to be in these situations.

How about:

1) play hard
    2) when there’s trouble, don’t be a gangster. Walk away.
    3) don’t mouth off to police cuz ur smart enuff to know they can mess with u. Just walk away.

dr_robert Says:
    I thought OJ had to get off even thought I suspected he was guilty, simply cuz I also thought the cops planted evidence and that immediately throws the case for me.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Those were the posts that jumped out at me, Twinkle.

• dr_robert

The knock on mingo is lack of production even though he seems to be working so hard.

Seems mingo, Moore, and jones have all slid.

It’s ansah and Jordan who have risen.

And Werner has held his spot fairly well.

The draft was originally thought to be strong with pass rushers.

I’d say now it’s OL.

Truth is it’s probably Fisher, Floyd, or maybe Ansah.

That’s based on the Raiders’ presence at the senior bowl, and interest shown, as well as buzz.

We know Fisher and Ansah shined at the senior bowl.

We know they spent an inordinate amount of time with ansah.

We know Reggie himself attended Floyd’s pro day and there has been lots of buzz about him and the raiders.

We also know they have shown no interest in star.

We also know I’m always right.

• Gdog

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:15 pm
    What’s our weakest unit?

D Line has some young players with potential
    LB does too
    DB the same
    Offensive skill positions do too

O Line has holes. Barely any youngsters u can be optimistic about.

Berg? Disappointing already.
    Nix? Maybe but a longshot.
    Barnes and brisiel? Please.
    Parsons, foster, smith, Barron? Nope.

The OL needs immediate attention if the raiders hope to move the ball and score.

>>>

Well put. We have been trying to rely on crumbling dumpster dive veterans, and 2nd/3rd rounders since we picked Gallery. Most playoff teams have at least one first rounder on their o-line… some two.

Al would stay away from o-line early because of Gallery.

He’s gone now. I hope Reggie is more sensible.

• Priesttj12

If Not Burrie in the Jordan role I would draft Chase Thomas whom I think will be as dynamic a player as you could ask for. he is football smart and loves the game and has size and physicality that I think Reggie is looking for.

It may take Ansah a year or two to become everything we need but when he does he will be one of the top DE’s in the game. He is just young in the game and raw once he’s coached up and gains his man body. LOOK OUT!

• eastoaklandraider

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 pm

————-

I was on the Moore bandwagon, then I saw him start to drop like a rock and I figured something must be wrong, but his numbers last season look good, I wouldnt mind picking him up with a trade down to the late teens.

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:45 pm
    B@uce–give it up man. It’s boring. Ur wasting ur time.
    ***********************

Sac is not boring….and I’m not wasting my time trying to help you lose your v-card….what can be more time worthy than that?

• SnBG

Sedrick Ellis…..and we got two 3 tech guys in Houston and Walker already….getting another 3 tech is a waste of time….that include Sheldon Richardson as well
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Disagree, Richardson would be an upgrade in any scheme, he’s explosive and would add to our pass rush. Houston has been inconsistent and isn’t a flexible player. Walker is a rotational guy.

• The_Judge37

No one is forcing poor little rolando to be in these situations.

How about:

1) play hard
    2) when there’s trouble, don’t be a gangster. Walk away.
    —–

I would’ve been satisfied with just #1, But walking away from the Police is how you get the resisting arrest charge

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 pm

————-

**********************

He gonna drop to second….thats when we should get him granted we trade down

• Priesttj12

The difference between Dion Jordan and Zeke Ansah is the position they play Dion is NOT a DE he’s LB and that is where I think people get confused. Dion is my #1 OLB while Ansah is my hands down #1 DE. It’s a matter of which position they want filled

• rediaR

I think Ansah really might be the guy Reggie wants. They’ve certainly been feeling him out enough. Whether he’s the pick at 3 or with a minimal trade down, there are a lot of arrows pointing from him to Oakland.

• dr_robert

One thing we know for sure.

Not only is b@uce smarter than everyone here, he’s definitely smarter than all the scouts.

Scouts love ansah. B@uce thinks he’s a special teams player.

Rock head strikes again.

SnBG Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ****************************************

Houston is out of position are do you watch football? Houston is a UT plain and simple…richardson under 300 lbs playing inside in 4-3? Yeah right….we have two UTs one who will star out this season and walker a good rotational guy…drafting a 3 tech guy is a moronic thing to do

• rediaR

I think Moore goes in the 50-60 range. Many a red flag, but he has some potential.

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    **************************************

HAHAHAHAHA Ansah the best DE in draft? Boy BHP you are funny as well

• 1960AutumnWind

Interesting post regarding points allowed trend over season. When Adams and Huff were starting corners and Gaither started at MLB for Slowlando as well as more Carter at DE the Raiders looked to have a much imporved defense.

Kind of makes you excited for next year with Porter and Young already knowing some of the scheme and having more depth at LB. DT is where we are taking a drop off from last year so I expect that may be where we go early in draft in 1st and/or 3rd or otherwise with Trade down.

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    One thing we know for sure.

Scouts love ansah. B@uce thinks he’s a special teams player.

Rock head strikes again.
    ****************************

Did you strike on the field for the first time?

• Priesttj12

If you cannot get Jordan you can do just as good with Chase Thomas or Sio Moore IMO both are outstanding prospects. Jordan has the best get-off but Chase is more phsyical while Sio is a step down from Jordan but the same type of player in a different body type.

Sio Moore will be a real player. Jordan, Thomas and Moore you cannot go wrong. DMontre Moore is the closest thing to Ansah but he is a distant second IMO.

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:00 pm

**************************

With Seymour and Kelly starting…aint no place to go but up…so there isnt a drop off

• J Hill

What ever the he!! position Houston was playing the last 4 games of the season, especially the game against SD, is what he needs to be playing next year.

• dr_robert

B@uce–just imagine for a moment that I’m not ur big villain MR.

Now realize how stupid u sound.

Unless ur taking the beeech route and repeating it ad nauseum in a “hilarious” attempt to annoy me cuz “u just know it bugs me”.

DMontre Moore is the closest thing to Ansah but he is a distant second IMO.
    **********************************

HAHAHAHA

• Twinkle

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Twinkle Says:
    I don’t doubt it but your missing my point.Dressed in
    that garb in say Decatur GA…you would have had a whole new learning curve….I guarantee it.
    ====================================================

Had I been in Decatur GA, I might not have opted for that costume. It’s called not being stupid. Unlike McLain.
    They impounded my car, so I had to hitch hike home the next morning. Early. Sunday, naturally. And foggy. People on their way to church didn’t stop to give Jesus a lift.
    **********************************
    Way cool……doesn’t sound like it impeded your faith.
    No for sure your upbringing was completely different
    than young Romac’s.Which in many ways prevents us from seeing what the real deal is.What use is money when one has no idea (or at the very least a completely distorted concept) of what that money encompasses?
    WTF….the Romans gave jesus a lift didn’t they?
    Sorry that may be in poor taste but I am true to my agnostic beliefs.

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:02 pm
    B@uce–just imagine for a moment that I’m not ur big villain MR.

Now realize how stupid u sound.

*****************************

So did you or didnt you?

• eastoaklandraider

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm

—————

The diference is Jordan is too light in the ass….period

• dr_robert

Scouts: Floyd to raiders

Scouts: ansah best DE in draft

B@uce: scouts are idiots. Listen to me.

I think I’ll listen to the scouts, not the loudmouth rock head.

Hey b@uce. Lol. Lmao. Blah blah blah.

• 1960AutumnWind

Most Mocks have Star holding into the mid first round. Would not mind seeing a trade down with NYJ or MD and taking our changes at 9 or 12 for Star. Then we can go RT or Guard in 2nd and maybe DE at top of 3rd or vice versa depending on who is sliding down. If we get a 2nd and the DE from U Texas is there I think we could take him. Those moves could cover a lot of holes.

• DKnight007

Charlie Says:
    April 20th, 2013 at 7:20 am
    Kirk

Completely agree.
    You and I are in the minority regarding that issue on this blog but I gaurantee we go OT with our first pick.

^^^^^^^^
    I wouldn’t be mad at all if McK takes Fisher at #3. However, I think if Fisher is there, McK will be trading down and most likely the team may be Zona who needs O Tackle help badly and L Johnson may not fall to them at 7.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Reggie McKenzie and the Cards GM already had discussions about a possible draft day trade when they were working out the Palmer trade.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    Priesttj12 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm

—————

The diference is Jordan is too light in the ass….period
    *******************************

So was bengals RDE Michael Johnson…boy did that 3rd round selection turn out well….he dropped due to that and ppl wishing they had him now

• eastoaklandraider

Aldon Smith faded away at the tail end of the season and into the playoffs, he is also light in the ass, he needed a beast like Justin Smith in front of him, Jordan will need that also.

• SnBG

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    Priesttj12 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    **************************************

HAHAHAHAHA Ansah the best DE in draft? Boy BHP you are funny as well
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I’d take either one of the guys and fit the system to them. DE/OLB, there both good enough to work in both. Put Houston at DT or put him at DE. Now you have a Hybrid D

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:06 pm
    Scouts: Floyd to raiders

Scouts: ansah best DE in draft

B@uce: scouts are idiots. Listen to me.

I think I’ll listen to the scouts, not the loudmouth rock head.

Hey b@uce. Lol. Lmao. Blah blah blah.
    ****************************

OK did you at least scout some female talent in Sac over the weekend?

• The_Judge37

Was there any “Professional Scout” (Kiper, Maylock, etc…) to get last years top 3 right?