3,160

Ford says he’s 100 percent, ready to roll

Wide receiver Jacoby Ford msised all of last season with a foot injury. A surgery fixed the problem and now Ford is ready to get back on the field and do what he does best, catch passes and return kicks. Here’s the transcript from an interview with Ford in Alameda on Thursday:

Q: Are you 100 percent with the foot?
Ford: Yes, sir. One-hundred percent, ready to go. Ready to start being able to run around there on the field and I’ll definitely be out there participating full-go.

Q: when were you able to start running?
Ford: I’ve been running really well for probably the last month and a half now, ever since me and TP and a few other guys were able to go to Laney College and just toss the ball around out there. I just kind of worked my way into it from running in regular shoes, then eventually when I started upping my rehab, just kind of transitioned into cleats.

Q: How antsy are you?
Ford: Pretty antsy Just got to home back in on everything and just get back out there and get my feet wet, get rolling again?

Q: When was the realization that this can be a good thing, I can get my feet back under me and rehab this thing?
Ford: I think probably as soon as it happened and I got the surgery, and talked to the doctor. He said it was kind of worse then he thought it was. Just kind of getting that reassurance from him made me feel better that I finally got the problem fixed. I was able to just put it behind me and keep rolling.

Q: Layman’s terms, what was the problem?
Ford: It was a Lisfranc. It was just kind of, my joints were just kind of split a little farther apart than what we thought it was. It’s all fixed up now, though.

Q: Talked to Darren rehab, coming back from it . .
Ford: We both had, his just healed a little different than mine.I don’t know why, but I mean, I’m glad his definitely did, I’m glad he didn’t have to go through the surgery process, but it was just one of those things that just kind of happened, he healed and and mine just kind of healed almost all the way but as soon as it got twisted up I knew what was wrong then.

Q: He wasn’t himself last year for whatever reason, and you were out, two playmakers that had done a lot of big things, scored a lot of TDs, how eager are you both to get back out and add that back to the mix?
Ford: We’re definitely both eager to get back out there, because we know how explosive this offense can be, no matter who’s at the helm or who’s running the ball, who’s going to be catching it, we have a whole bunch of weapons on this team right now on both sides of the ball and on special teams so I think just bringing this whole team together now, and bringing everybody here, just kind of gets everybody antsy and ready to go.

Q: Considering so much of staff is new, special teams coordinator, offensive coordinator, how much do you have to prove?
Ford: I don’t want to say starting over, but I know they’re definitely antsy to see me play, because I haven’t really played in front of them. I’m just going to go out there and let the game come to me like I always do and have fun with it.

Q: How fun being back in the room, weight room, etc.
Ford: It’s fun, last year I just kind of stayed away and when they went to practice then I came in to do my rehab and I would leave just because it was hard to come here and see them out there working because I would want to go out there. I mean, eventually, I started coming around just a little bit more, but just to be back in the swing of things kind of makes you feel like you’re back on the team again.

Q: Spending a lot of your time introducing yourself to new teammates?
Ford: It’s weird. It’s kind of weird. Everybody is still feeling each other out within the first week. I think within the next few weeks everybody will start hanging out a little bit more. We don’t’ really see the defense that much except in the morning when we’re eating breakfast, and then special teams. And then they to meetings and we go lift. It’s kind of hard to hang out with now, or bond with ‘em. But eventually, everybody will get to know each other a little better.

Q: How much interaction with Matt Flynn . . . have worked with Terrelle at Laney?
Ford: Matt just got here and so far he’s been putting the offense together and we’ve just gone through formations and walked through plays and stuff like that. Just little things to help us learn the new system because everybody has to learn it. He’s definitely helping in that process, him and Terrelle.

Q: First impressions of Greg Olson as coordinator?
Ford: I like him. He’s going to be a guy who definitely takes some shots downfield and he’s going to stick to his scheme no matter what. I don’t think he’ll let a defense bother anything that he’s going to do, him or our new O-line coach, Sparano, but they’re both fiery guys and I definitely can’t wait to get out there and play for them.

Q: Before foot happened, you were going to return punts . . . still on track?
Ford: Yeah, I definitely plan on doing it. Punt return and kick return.

Q: How much working with Terrelle difference you’ve seen since last summer before you got hurt?
Ford: Just like his whole demeanor, his mechanics, how he’s handling himself, how he’s throwing the ball. You can definitely tell that he wants it, and that’s something that you want out of a young quarterback like that. He’s hungry, he’s waiting for his chance and I think he’ll get his chance to go out there and compete.

Q: Lost so many guys, salary cap issues, under-the-radar free agency . . . national perspective is still rebuilding . . . what about inside that room?
Ford: In our room? . . . I think we’ll be just fine. I think the front office went and got guys that they believe in, that are going to come and play for this organization this year. Just the demeanor, you can just feel a vibe. It’s different, it’s going to be different, but just a vibe that I get from a lot of these players, I can tell they actually want to be here. And that shows up with our attendance and just voluntary workouts. They’re learning a new offense, new defense too, just as well. Everybody’s here that wants to be here and I think that’s going to lead us into some promising things.

Steve Corkran

• guest123

Ansah’s first season of football was in 2010. He’s 24 yo, and will need to be coached up to reach his potential that so many scouts rave about. If he came to the Raiders, would be the worst combo of project/teacher that you could ask for.

SnBG Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:09 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    Priesttj12 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    The difference between Dion Jordan and Zeke Ansah is the position they play Dion is NOT a DE he’s LB and that is where I think people get confused. Dion is my #1 OLB while Ansah is my hands down #1 DE. It’s a matter of which position they want filled
    **************************************

HAHAHAHAHA Ansah the best DE in draft? Boy BHP you are funny as well
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I’d take either one of the guys and fit the system to them. DE/OLB, there both good enough to work in both. Put Houston at DT or put him at DE. Now you have a Hybrid D
    **************************

Ansah lolololol

• eastoaklandraider

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    Priesttj12 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm

—————

The diference is Jordan is too light in the ass….period
    *******************************

So was bengals RDE Michael Johnson…boy did that 3rd round selection turn out well….he dropped due to that and ppl wishing they had him now

————–

WHO?

• dr_robert

B@uce– I’m not MR and I’ve never been to sac so ur constant inane “comedy” in that direction are pointless. All u ever do is ask me how sac is (I guess u think that’s funny all by itself) and ask if I’ve had sex yet (I guess u think MR is a virgin).

Ur really in beech territory. Convinced I’m actually someone else and repeating the same lame wrongheaded jokes over and over.

Ur making a fool of urself. But have fun with it rock boy.

• guest123

Jordan will be a stud OLB for whoever he goes to. Wouldn’t bother me if we took him. Ansah is a good pick for clown franchises like the Browns or Jags.

• SnBG

Denvers D line was OK until they got Miller. Then they became a pass rushing beast. Houston can do the job at DT OR DE

• eastoaklandraider

—————

The diference is Jordan is too light in the ass….period
    *******************************

————–

WHO?

———

You talkn bout the track star right?

• DKnight007

Ansah is going to be a beast. I just have a feeling.

Has all the tools and is not dumb azz kid like McClain. He is a smart hard worker with talent. Hasn’t even peaked yet as a football player. He is also a fast learner.

Just needs to be coached up on technique. He already has the instincts and already has a nice bull rush and spin move.

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:06 pm
    Most Mocks have Star holding into the mid first round. Would not mind seeing a trade down with NYJ or MD and taking our changes at 9 or 12 for Star. Then we can go RT or Guard in 2nd and maybe DE at top of 3rd or vice versa depending on who is sliding down. If we get a 2nd and the DE from U Texas is there I think we could take him. Those moves could cover a lot of holes.
    *********************************

Real post right here….that’s the way you do it

• Twinkle

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm

No one is forcing poor little rolando to be in these situations.

How about:

1) play hard
    2) when there’s trouble, don’t be a gangster. Walk away.
    3) don’t mouth off to police cuz ur smart enuff to know they can mess with u. Just walk away.
    —–

I would’ve been satisfied with just #1, But walking away from the Police is how you get the resisting arrest charge
    **********************************
    Without a doubt…..but you didn’t have this kids hand.
    I cannot for the life of me see Romac hand braking his arse off down 3 with two loads of llamas following close behind either.Our environment after birth is key to who or whom we are.I’m just as disappointed that Romac didn’t work out for us as any one here but I can’t hate on the kid for his failure to live up to my expectations.

• 1960AutumnWind

Charlie

If Fisher is there and we do not have an adequate trade down offer (which I think we will – if he is there) then I think we take him and make him a RT. I am being increasingly concerned with Floyd as a #3 worthy pic. However, getting a 2nd rounder along with a top 15 pic would be preferable to me.

• inonewordraider

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:06 pm

_____________
    looking at the mocks don’t ever remember so many ppl having entirely different looking mocks

but everyone seems to agree best to dt’s are star and floyd

if star is your guy can you risk getting him in a trade down?

same thing i think about moore. some mocks have him goin till the 3rd. but if you trade down do you risk waiting till the 2nd if he’s your guy?

gonna be interesting

• eastoaklandraider

guest123 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:12 pm

————-

If he goes to a 4-3 team he is fcked.

• The_Judge37

—–

I can. Guilty or not, i just hope he got tased.

• dr_robert

Talking about Houston being a DT is pure speculation. There has been no evidence he’s moving there.

Oh wait. B@uce says he had a personal pow wow with him and he knows.

What a clown.

I’ll go ahead and deal with reality.

Houston has always played DE. Believe he should be a DT all u want. Doesn’t change what’s actually happening on the field.

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Ur making a fool of urself. But have fun with it rock boy.
    *******************************

This sort of negative attitude isnt gonna help you nail a bz

whats up with ROG today? laughing gas?

• Twinkle

SnBG Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:12 pm

******************************
    and probably fill in in at RT if he was asked.
    We have at least one baller on D….Mark better get ready with the purse next year!

• DKnight007

guest123 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:10 pm

^^^^^^^^^
    Technically…ALL of these rookie will need to be coached up. Some more than others.

• guest123

I don’t see Star lasting to pick 9.

I think we can get him at 7 with a tradedown with ARZ, maybe still can get him at 8 with a tradedown with BUF, but the Jest will be all over Star if he drops to them. Can’t push it too far. After Star, there will be a run on guards, Warmack, Cooper, Fluker.

@G123

I’m cool with Ansah being coached up by Dennis Allen, Jason Tarver & Terrell Williams.

what’s your problem?

• inonewordraider

jj watt von miller jpp haloti ngata darrelle revis julio jones rgIII don’t come around every draft

gotta draft the best guy that’s there now especially if he fits a need

• dr_robert

Has there been a single legit scout who mocked star to us?

• inonewordraider

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    @G123

what’s your problem?

___________
    he’s a base end, no doubt. but what have you seen about him that makes you think he’ll get to the qb?

• eastoaklandraider

Clay is also light in the ass and he disappears too at times.

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Oh wait. B@uce says he had a personal pow wow with him and he knows.

What a clown.

I’ll go ahead and deal with reality.

***********************************

You gotta deal with reality….your Wally Cleaver style of game isnt working out for ya….that’s why you have added yourself to a bz’s pucci exactly ZERO times

• SnBG

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:06 pm
    *********************************

Real post right here….that’s the way you do it
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    12 is to far back.Rather trade with AZ or Bills. I don’t think Star will be around at 9 or maybe not even at eight. If you can only get a trade for 12 then just take Star.

• rediaR

We have the flexibility to go 4-3, 3-4 or whatever hybrid front, especially since we are really in a transitionary phase anyway. If we pick someone who can rush the passer, we can put them in a spot to succeed.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:17 pm
    whats up with ROG today? laughing gas?
    **********************

Commentary today has been at an all time high

• guest123

what’s your problem?

^^^^^^^^^

I have no faith that he’ll adapt. Reminds me a bit of Bruce Campbell, combine hero and on-field zero.

• dr_robert

All the star talk is a waste if time.

It’s fisher, Floyd, or ansah as far as I can tell.

• RAIDERMAN99

This draft sh!t reeks of the old slave market when it comes down to the inner city black kids.
    =============================================
    What a crock of schit.

Slave market, my azz.

Sloturdo is a college educated, millionaire, ‘slave’.

The excuses and rationalizations to explain/justify his moronic and thuggish behavior is an insult to anyone with a brain or an iota of common sense.

He’s a freaking punk that doesn’t want to change.

Tell you something else, even if he got his head on straight, he’d still be a BUST.

He’s too SLOW to play LB in the NFL.

Don’t know if it’s Crohn’s or bad knees or whatever, but the guy can’t bring it.

He’s a lumbering tortoise.

Finished before he even got started.

• eastoaklandraider

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    —–

I can. Guilty or not, i just hope he got tased.

———

LOL, he is quite the dumbass.

• Twinkle

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm

—–

I can. Guilty or not, i just hope he got tased.
    ***********************
    gotta love honesty….in this mans world it is a rare commodity………needless to say I disagree but I can sure as hell respect anyone’s opinion who is unafraid
    to voice theirs.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Twinkle Says:
    Pman…great link!As I said earlier,this was not to condone the man’s behavior but merely an attempt to
    rationalize what occurred.
    =================================================

That link didn’t even mention the vicious hits and tackles on Amendola(sp?) and Sproles. It was another one, I guess. Which are fine. That is kinda what you want your linebackers to do.
    But after 3 years, if those are the only two you remember, well …

• SnBG

RediaR Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:21 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Right on the money. We need to be flexible in this day and age

• DKnight007

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:14 pm
    Charlie

^^^^^^^^
    Plus imagine if Joekel and Fisher are taken 1 and 2?

Damn, McK will be in a good position to trade down even than because teams will want L Johnson.

• dr_robert

Ok b@uce. I’m MR and I’m a virgin.

Will u shut th fu€k up now rock head?

Ur worse that that phagg beeech.

Inonewordraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    @G123

what’s your problem?

___________
    ***************************

He read BHP’s breakdown and comparisons of Ziggy to Derrick Thomas, Bruce Smith and Deacon Jones

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    —–

I can. Guilty or not, i just hope he got tased.

———

LOL, he is quite the dumbass.
    ******************************

You think he will be like Gucci Mane in court answering the judge to him being guilty…”B&tch I might be”?

• 1960AutumnWind

inonewordraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:19 pm

gotta draft the best guy that’s there now especially if he fits a need
    ********************************
    Just who is that guy?

Some scouts like Mayock are saying Floyd is JJ Watt other say he has short arms????

Some scouts think Jordan will be super defensive guy like a Von Miller or a Rushing LB however in remembering the times he played against my college team he was good but defintely not a man amoung boys.

Most have Star falling a bit but when I saw him live against my college team he gave us fits and did look like a man among boys but is he Nagata the 2nd???

No QB in this draft appears to be RGIII although some may get good over time.

Out of all of them only Fisher and Jokekell have that consensus yea he is going to be good vibe. However Gallery had that same vibe when we took him.

So my guess is if Fisher gets by Jacksonville I think he is that best guy available but he also may get us a nice trade down offer to get some more guys because sometimes the really good ones don’t go in the top three such as Revis going I think 14th and I do not thhink Julio Jones went that high either.

• inonewordraider

dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Has there been a single legit scout who mocked star to us?

______
    so because he’d not on the “legit” mocks goin to us, we shouldn’t want the guy?

and you’ve varied as much as these mock draft guys, going from fisher to ansah and now possibly floyd?

Dr_robert Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Ok b@uce. I’m MR and I’m a virgin.

Will u shut th fu€k up now rock head?

Ur worse that that phagg beeech.
    *****************************

B&tch I might be…b&tch I might be…..b&tch I might be….yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhh

***

@ROG

Nope. I already gave you the two players I think he compares with

NFL.com’s draft site compares him to Justin Tuck – I don’t see it

• eastoaklandraider

You have to admit Ziggy is intruiging, his game may translate better to the pro game, Clay Matthews wasnt all that at USC but his game took off in the pros.

• rediaR

Julio was 6th or 7th.

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    **************************

You mean a legacy baby who always been around football….and roids?

• The_Judge37

Regarding Scouts like Kiper and other “pro” scouts. If they really had an Eye for talent they’d be working in the NFL. A degree/backround in journalism is what seperates them from the average sports fan.

• Marks hair

Put up a rolando post already..wtf