Live NFL Draft Twitter blog

By Jon Becker
Monday, April 22nd, 2013 at 2:30 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Keep up with the rumors, trades and transactions leading up to the 2013 NFL Draft.

• inonewordraider

ohioraider Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:01 am
    Michael Maycock reporting that Reggie is sending staff down to personally measure Sharif Floyd’s arms. Also gonna check his cholesterol and blood sugar.

________________

So in that espn live mock draft….lord…Raiders drafted Shhhty Ansah…..how sad….Jets we need you badly at 9 to pick Ansah

• 1960AutumnWind

Judge

Seymour was injured. Kelly is getting older a regressing and Shanasty was not the same after his injury. Even Carter was not ready until the last few games. We were depending on a what 6th round pick from Harvard and more of a base DE to get true pass rush? We were rotating in a rookie 6th rounder at the end? While not entirely AD’s fault, the fact we were 31 million over the cap, had no draft pics until the 5th round (before we got the 3rd round comp pick) did play a big role and what we had to work with. But go ahead blame the coordinator…

• The_Judge37

But go ahead blame the coordinator…
    —–

I will, better than blaming a man who’s been dead over a year for a poor defensive scheme.

Inonewordraider Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:02 am
    ohioraider Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:01 am

________________
    ***********************************

Well at least we get Clowney next year lol

i think 3 is a litle too high for Dee.

***

@Mike

all 4 of those guys I mentioned are consensus Top 10 picks. D-Mil has to prove his shoulder is ok, but I don’t see him sliding into the teens regardless

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:01 am
    1195.inonewordraider Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 9:59 am
    funny how many including myself wouldn’t have been to upset if we drafted te’o, but after finding out he likes it in the stinker

hell no!
    ————

If Teo does come out of the closet in the next 2 days, it make the 49ers a legitamate Trade Partner
    *************************

HAHAHAHA

• 1960AutumnWind

3. Raiders: DE Ezekiel Ansah (Brigham Young). They hope to find their first real pass-rushing threat since Derrick Burgess.
    ***********************
    Love the caption “they hope to” You do not “hope to” with the 3rd overall pick! He is boom bust just like Jordan. This does not square with the report that they will pick the surest thing if they get stuck there.

Jets we need you badly at 9 to pick Ansah

***

@ROG

he’s gone at #3 , ya heard?

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:09 am
    Jets we need you badly at 9 to pick Ansah

***

@ROG

he’s gone at #3 , ya heard?
    ***************************

According to that dweeb he is….let’s pray forthe best and we trade down and someone like Clev or NYJ picks him before we fk it up and grab him!

• J Hill

OLB was upgraded with the guy from Miami.

I like everything I’m reading about Sims, if he can stay healthy.

2nd year guys Crawford and Bilikudi will be pretty good too.

Defense will be better than last year.

No doubt in my mind.

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:08 am
    ***********************
    ************************

Burgess was strong side rusher not blindside…..such a dumbass pick right here

• 1960AutumnWind

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:05 am
    But go ahead blame the coordinator…
    —–

******************************************
    Dead or alive he is the one that left us with virtually no draft pics and 31 million over cap in 2012 in order to try to make a SB run in 2010 with a team than ended up 8-8.

J Hill Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 am
    OLB was upgraded with the guy from Miami.

I like everything I’m reading about Sims, if he can stay healthy.

2nd year guys Crawford and Bilikudi will be pretty good too.

Defense will be better than last year.

No doubt in my mind.
    *******************************

HAHAHAHAHA

• guest123

Reggie better nail this draft. Out here on the East coast whenever they talk about the Raiders, all they do is laugh about how STOOPID they are and always reach for projects. I hope Reggie can shut them up this weekend! I’m sick of the east coast haters.

Why they have to hate on Raider Nation so much?

AW,

Reggie has balls. Plus there is no “sure thing” when it comes to college kids going pro.

If so, you’d never hear the word BUST. You don’t think those teams did their homework? Al Davis wasn’t the only top dog to strike out more than once in April

• The_Judge37

1213.Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 am
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:08 am
    ***********************
    ************************

Burgess was strong side rusher not blindside…..such a dumbass pick right here
    ——

I don’t think the intent was to compare him to Burgess, just noting that we haven’t had a legitamate Rusher since D.Burg.

• R8ER MIKE

but I don’t see him sliding into the teens regardless
    **********************
    dont know about that RRS. i think if he slides, he will slide into the mid 20s.

• ohioraider

guest123 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:12 am

Why they have to hate on Raider Nation so much?
    ————————————-
    See the SI article.

• inonewordraider

Why they have to hate on Raider Nation so much?
    ____________
    i wouldn’t want it any other way

@G123

if you live near Tampa, they probably laugh because we where dumb enough to trade them Gruden and it costed us a Super Bowl trophy.

Wouldn’t you laugh if the roles were reversed?

• The_Judge37

1214.1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 am
    The_Judge37 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:05 am
    But go ahead blame the coordinator…
    —–

******************************************
    ——–

So a bad cap and roster is what made Tarver call for 20 yard Saftey blitzes? Maybe AD phoned it in from the Booth WAY up high?

@Mike

Look at all the CB needy teams in the Top 10.

Everybody but KC – and even they brought him in for a visit, lol

• 1960AutumnWind

Judge

I also give AD credit for 5 superbowl appearances and Hall of Fame Raiders such as Brown, Upshaw, Shell, Allen etc… I just can not excuse the last 10 years…

Little off point: Lester Hayes should be in the HOF as well. They were talking like Revis is HOF. Did they see the season LH had in 81-82 16 interceptions 3 in the playoffs and won the SB as a wildcard! Give me a break! LH way before someone like Revis.

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:13 am
    1213.Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 am
    1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:08 am
    ***********************
    ************************

Burgess was strong side rusher not blindside…..such a dumbass pick right here
    ——

******************************

Burgess fell off every year….legit my ass…he also refused to play RDE because he knew he would get exposed

• guest123

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am
    @G123

Wouldn’t you laugh if the roles were reversed?

********

I was living in Northern California at the time of that Super Bowl and had never even visited Florida to that point in my life, so I don’t really have a good perspective. I’m sure I should feel some resentment, but them sucking as much as we have since then has somehow softened the blow.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:12 am
    AW,

*******************************

BUST= Ansah

• 1960AutumnWind

Rockstar

Not saying Ansash is a bust but he is risky. For crine out loud they are not even sure about his age! Usually people taking risks draft boom busts later in draft not at #3.

• guest123

^^^^^^^^

Yep, and I think you could add Michael Haynes as well!

• R8ER MIKE

@Guest post 1216
    100% agree !!
    not sure why they gotta hate us so much…
    well maybe here in the D.C. area, they are still
    a little butt sore we kicked the living sh1t out
    of their beloved Redskins in the super bowl XVIII !!

• J Hill

If you want to be “safe” don’t you eliminate Star(heart), Ansah(age, experience), Millner(injuries), and these types from you board completely?

• guest123

^^^^^^

birth certificate says he’s born in 89. So he’s about 24 yo. but that’s nothing since we drafted a 26 yo rookie last year with our first pick!

• Myopinion

Ansah wouldnt hurt my feelings atall. Especially in trade down.
    His 10yard dash is better than most w.r
    Teach him a couple moves.
    Wimbley had none.
    Take stats out of it. Just watching. Knapp was problem 1
    Wimbley was two.
    Wimbley didnt have a lot of sacks, but he was always right there.

AW,

I think Ziggy would be a solid (if not spectacular) pick. Allen & Tarver would have fun with him and he’s as “multiple” as our defensive scheme. DE/OLB hybrid that could wreak havoc from anywhere.

I don’t care about his age, ethnicity or experience. We need a football player and he is one

• guest123

well maybe here in the D.C. area, they are still
    a little butt sore we kicked the living sh1t out
    of their beloved Redskins in the super bowl XVIII !!

^^^^^^^^

LMAO MIKE!!

Never watched much football with my pops, but that day he sat and watched it and we were having a good time, high fiving even let me have a few beers even though I was only 18 yo. at the time. One of my last fading memories of my dad who died back in 89. That Superbowl win against the Redskins.

this is the first draft on the blog I’ve lobbied for a pass rusher!!

• 1960AutumnWind

J Hill Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:22 am
    *******************************
    Yes, I with your point, but I do think Star’s heart did check out so he is now safe from that standpoint. Reembering the BYU game I watched against OSU, man I do not think he was at all domininant or even that relevant. I remember the DE from Texas ate OSU up in their bowl game and Ansah was not a factor in OSU’s win at BYU. I know it is only one game but guys drafted #3 should not dissapear like that especially against OSU.

Regarding the safe pick I was reacting to some insider’s post Tony Pauline that the Raiders will go safe if they stay at 3. I agree I do not want to take a risky player at 3 but they all are risks to some degree there are no Megatron’s or AP’s in this draft as far as I can tell. The last time there were we took the risky player and it did not work out so well for us (understatement).

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:28 am
    this is the first draft on the blog I’ve lobbied for a pass rusher!!
    ************************

Who? Star is more of a run stuffer but he is decent at rushing the passer

• The_Judge37

1230.guest123 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:20 am

^^^^^^^^

Yep, and I think you could add Michael Haynes as well!

Haynes is already in the HOF. But Lester should definetly be in. He’s being punished for something that wasn’t illegal in his day. If stickum didn’t hurt Freddy B’s HOF chances, then it shouldn’t be held against Lester the Molester.

Myopinion Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:23 am
    Ansah wouldnt hurt my feelings atall. Especially in trade down.
    ************

No it only would hurt your feelings when you see how bad he sucks in the NFL

• guest123

The more you search +Raiders +Draft +Pick, you end up with the most hits under the name Floyd.

I hope this is smoke and mirrors, but that’s what seems to be the consensus. Don’t be surprised.

• R8ER MIKE

guest123 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:27 am
    well maybe here in the D.C. area, they are still
    a little butt sore we kicked the living sh1t out
    of their beloved Redskins in the super bowl XVIII !!

^^^^^^^^

LMAO MIKE!!

*******************************
    i know i walked around like a proud peacock for quite a while after that game showing off my brand new bad azz Raider tattoo !!

• The_Judge37

Sucks that with the Death of Al Davis died the only voice for Lester Hayes, Cliff Branch, Jim Plunkett, Tom Flores and Ray Guy’s HOF Chances.

Star’s heart is fine. people made a big deal out of McClain having Crohns disease before he was drafted and that didn’t stop us from drafting him..

if the doc signs off on him, so should our trainers

• PurpleDrank81

Avoid Floyd

Avoid Floyd

Avoid Floyd

Avoid Floyd
    —————
    Draft Star or Joeckel or trade down

• ohioraider

John Clayton reporting that a secret medical examination was leaked revealing that Floyd’s left testicle is slightly distended.

• 1960AutumnWind

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 10:24 am
    AW,

****************************
    Did you see what I said about OSU game? He was handled fairly well by a team that was owned by the Texas DE in their bowl game. I seriously wonder how he will do against better competition. For instance how did he do against ND? I don’t know – just asking. He did well against Boise State but their offense was not that good this year. I do care about his age becuase it gets at what his ceiling might be if he is older than he says he is. Other stuff like skin color – don’t care – totally agree on that.

• guest123

^^^^^^^^^^^

point taken. honestly forgot that, but really was more into the comparison of Revis. Haynes/Hayes was probably the best CB tandem ever.

@G123

usually the Raiders draft the guy I don’t want. I’m prepared for Fisher or Floyd