GM McKenzie addressing the media today

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie is scheduled to hold a news conference today in Alameda to address the NFL draft, which begins Thursday and runs through Saturday. The Raiders hold the No. 3 pick in the draft, and McKenzie certainly will shed some insight into whether the Raiders intend to keep that pick or trade down in an attempt to acquire more picks.
Soon after the news conference, we will provide some stories on what McKenzie said, what it means and where the Raiders stand moving forward.
We’ll also post the entire transcript from the question-and-answer sessions with Bay Area media. There also will be Tweets from the news conference, so follow @corkonthenfl and @jerrymcd

Steve Corkran

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

Its crystal ball..

But it was just a question.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dakota Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    Lol cavs rehired mike brown?
    Lmfao
    $$$$$$$$$

You are joking, right?

• Kirk

Every team in the playoffs last year had at least one offensive tackle chosen in the first round.

The two SuperBowl teams had both offensive tackles chosen in the first round.

Offensive tackle is the second most important position on the football field.

Draft Fisher.

• alex7

I showed some trade-downs on here about a month ago. Almost every time, the team that traded UP got a stud, and the team that traded down ended up with just guys.

Talent takes a big drop-off HISTORICALLY after pick #15.

The Rams are the only team that I recall doing well with a trade down, and that’s because they traded down while staying in the top-15, took a no-doubt 1st-round talent in the 2nd (Janoris Jenkins), and of course getting THREE 1st rounders helps.

• EricTurnerR.I.P.

What “IF”RM does something crazy and stupid like trade tp and pick to the eagles? ?? Hope not

• alex7

Like the new Panthers GM said:

“Would you rather have a buck or three dimes? I’ll take the buck.”

Don’t trade down past #15 historically, and with this draft mentioned as weak, don’t trade down past #9 or so this year.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Effin Cavs?!?!
    They Suck!!!!

• Dakota

Bad draft.

No qbs, workout wonder, workout flops, injured cb, dt with a bad heart, de who has never played with his hand in the dirt, Lb with a fake girlfriend.

Draft Joeckel or fisher.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Bye Bye Irving. That’s for the effort young man.

Effin Cavs!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Thanks*

• J Hill

Lol cavs rehired mike brown?
    Lmfao

————————————————————-

What’s to laugh about?

Best coach they’ve had EVER.

Had the Lakers WAY more competive against OKC than anyone ever imagined.

Not like it’s comparible to Knapp’s 2nd stint in Oak.

• StarUkulele

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock predicted on Path to the Draft that the Raiders will either select Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson or Florida DT Sharrif Floyd at the No. 4 overall pick.
    Mayock is convinced Kansas City will take Luke Joeckel and the Jags will take Eric Fisher. Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie’s roster is the least talented in football, so he’s going to stick to his board and draft the best left. If that’s Johnson, he’ll be the pick regardless of the fact that Johnson would play right tackle in Oakland. If that’s Floyd, he’ll fit a glaring immediate need. We also wouldn’t rule out Oakland selecting Utah DT Star Lotulelei.
    Related: Raiders

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

The Raiders should have a holagram of Al doing all the presser’s from now on with Empire Strikes Back music in the back round.

• Dakota

One trick pony jhill. Mike brown is junk.

• dr_robert

If kc takes Floyd, we are sitting pretty.

And star isn’t the choice so stop talking about it.

Fat interior lineman at three? Yeah right.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• Raider8

The_Judge37 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    REVOKE THE PASS 2013
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    After inheriting an 8-8 team…better known as the worst situation in sports history?

He needs at least 8 more yr’s.

“Ten and Then”.

• Dakota

If Reggie could trade down and still land star and maybe get that ND or Stanford TE, I would be happy.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I wish we can trade down to draft DE D Jones and NT J Hankins.

LDE: Jones
    DT: Hankins
    DT: Houston
    RDE: C Lemonier

Dr_robert Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    If kc takes Floyd, we are sitting pretty.

And star isn’t the choice so stop talking about it.

Fat interior lineman at three? Yeah right.
    ************************

How’s Sac treatin ya?

Raider O Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    I wish we can trade down to draft DE D Jones and NT J Hankins.

LDE: Jones
    DT: Hankins
    DT: Houston
    RDE: C Lemonier
    ***********************************

Now thats what I’m talking about O!

Dakota Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:31 pm
    *****************************************

I’d have to think you would be too…..your boy from ND at tight end would be interesting….he can really be a nice safety valve for our QB

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    If kc takes Floyd, we are sitting pretty.

And star isn’t the choice so stop talking about it.

Fat interior lineman at three? Yeah right.
    ************************

How’s Sac treatin ya?
    $$$$$$$

This dude is stupid. Suh was the 2nd pick.

StarUkulele Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:26 pm
    Related: Raiders
    *****************************

Mayock is a chump…never liked him

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:33 pm
    Raider O Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    I wish we can trade down to draft DE D Jones and NT J Hankins.

LDE: Jones
    DT: Hankins
    DT: Houston
    RDE: C Lemonier
    ***********************************

Now thats what I’m talking about O!
    $$$$$$$$$

Dream scenario bro. I doubt we can do that.

• dr_robert

B@uce u know-nothing rock head. How’s sac treating u? Just like MR to pretend he’s an Oakland dummy like u. I mean if it wasn’t for u, no one would ever talk about him.

Now I want u to keep talking about it. Say some hilarious thing about scoring with a girl blah blah blah.

Raider O Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:34 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    If kc takes Floyd, we are sitting pretty.

And star isn’t the choice so stop talking about it.

Fat interior lineman at three? Yeah right.
    ************************

How’s Sac treatin ya?
    $$$$$$$

This dude is stupid. Suh was the 2nd pick.
    *********************

LOL

• Raider E

Mayock was the first to callthe DHB pickand now he is saying Lane Johnson?

Dr_robert Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:37 pm

*************************

So you are saying things not going so great? Why?

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

Raider O Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    I wish we can trade down to draft DE D Jones and NT J Hankins.

LDE: Jones
    DT: Hankins
    DT: Houston
    RDE: C Lemonier

—-

I like where your heads at, just he players are off IMHOFO..

Raider E Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:37 pm
    Mayock was the first to callthe DHB pickand now he is saying Lane Johnson?
    ************************

DHB one wasnt that hard to see….Lane Johnson? LOL

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

*the

And Datone Jones is a beast, would be my target in a trade back too.

Hankins isnt a 1st rounder & Lemonier wont last til 3.

IMHOFO of course..

• 1960AutumnWind

Raider E

Mayock knew Al Davis (speed and measurables – ie Bey was fast and tall) he is not as clued into RM. Doubt he knows what is going on at this point. All you needed with AD is a stopwatch and a 100 yard tape to figure it all out.

• Irish Boozer

Raider O Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    1- DT Star
    3- DE C Lemonier
    4- DE B Jenkins
    6- TE J Fauria

Mock draft and wishlist.
    —————————

I’ve seen you post this a couple times. I agree 100%. If we don’t get Star though, I wouldn’t mind Fisher, Jordan, or a trade down resulting in Warmack and a second rounder. Any of those with the first pick, combined with the rest of your suggestions would be one hell of a draft for us!

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

So stoked Cork was all over the latest news of the Raiders moving to their rightful home in LA

I’ve been telling y’all that for years, you know the Dawg’s got all the inside scoop, holla

Checked out my luxury box blueprints again, seeing if we can squeeze a few move plasma tvs over the buffet station, for maximum fart time pleasures

If any of you see Barfman the Genital, let him know I’m still looking to hire humble servants for opening night, he’ll need to trim that fade, though

LA standards are much different than Oakland, wordy word up

• Raider E

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:38 pm
    Raider E Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:37 pm
    Mayock was the first to callthe DHB pickand now he is saying Lane Johnson?
    ************************

DHB one wasnt that hard to see….Lane Johnson? LOL

————————

Thats what I’m saying, to hell with Lane Johnson. Give me Star or Jordan.

• 1960AutumnWind

Lane Johnson is bait to reel in a 2nd round pick!

• Dakota

Charlie casserly is okay with Jordan, so if he is okay with him, so must I be!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

B,

I ignore the troll’s posts. The only reason I read that crap is because you people repost that BS.

Should type the post #, and then post “troll says:”

• Myopinion

Ha casserly just agreed with me on dion jordan is safest most versatile pick. One guy to star for all 32 teams.
    the guy next to him agreed.

• J Hill

Hope Reggie is true to his word.

“Don’t want “solid or versatile” players. I want a difference maker!”

“draft for need later!”

“Take best player available!!!”"”

• JLofty

Some of you guys act like the #3 pick in THIS yrs draft is the diff between the cellar and the SupaBo.

NONE of these guys give me a #3 stiffy…

Trade back a few spots grab your man and pick up a 2nd rounder.

DennisAllensVisorHOF Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:38 pm
    Raider O Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    I wish we can trade down to draft DE D Jones and NT J Hankins.

LDE: Jones
    DT: Hankins
    DT: Houston
    RDE: C Lemonier

—-

I like where your heads at, just he players are off IMHOFO..
    ******************

I like it…Lemonier will have to gain some weight but he perfect as a RDE

D Jones would be excellent on the strong side as he can play the run and also rush the passer some

Hankins is a run stuffer and Houston is really a 3 tech guy

• dr_robert

Suh? How’s detroits defense? Their record?

U made my point for me.

U and b@uce and the other igoramuses can think a fat body in the middle will miraculously do something but real football minds know differently.

Mike Brown? LOL….wow Gilbert what are you doing man?

• Myopinion

Not just me. You guys were making me think I was crazy

• J Hill

“We are here to compete NOW”

“We are not here to “take our lumps” and wait for next year”!!!

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

No trade down:

1 [3] – Dion Jordan [DE/OLB, Oregon]
    3 [66]- David Bakhtiari [OT, Colorado]
    4[100]- Dion Sims [TE, Michigan St]
    6[172]- Micah Hyde [DB, Iowa]
    6[176]- Eric Herman [OG, Ohio]
    6[205]- Jonathan Stewart [ILB, Texas A&M]
    7[209]- Mike Purcell [DT, Wyoming]

#HallofFamer

The Beeech Diggity Dawg Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 3:40 pm

LA standards are much different than Oakland, wordy word up
    *************************

Really? your inside info was that they would be playing at Farmer’s Field lol…..so much for that

• J Hill

“Matt Flynn is the #1 guy now”

“The QBS who will be on the roster once we start OTA will compete”

Uhh ohhh Pryor.