Live chat: NFL Mock Draft, Tuesday at noon

Join Raiders writer Steve Corkran at noon on Tuesday for an NFL Mock Draft live chat as he discusses his mock draft and potential draft day trades.

Jon Becker

• SnBG

Pass rusher gentlemen. Get a pass rusher. O is better than the D right now. Also Floyd is a great player and if it comes down to it Stars heart problem worries me.

• Plunketthead

RT @GenoSmith_12: Want to thank those so called “experts” who say I can’t be an NFL QB. Thursday will be a special day. Work has only begun
    ************************************************

TimKawakami@timkawakami
    Man, I remember that training camp Jeff Garcia spent “mentoring” Russell–Garcia’s disdain was palpable. Weird they end up together now.

ReplyRetweetFavorite

• SnBG

I think they could be looking to trade Pryor and then take another QB in the later rounds

• ESETERIK78

SnBG Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    ==============================

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m happy either way, as long as the pick makes sense.

O is in better shape NOW, but for it’s long term health, can’t underestimate the importance of another beast.

Not convinced ONE high draft pick will make that much diff on D right now.

• J Hill

Will Az want to trade up to 3 for Lane Johnson????

• ohioraider

SnBG Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:19 pm

—————————-
    Are you a hater? Why is everyone ganging up on this poor kid?

• 1960AutumnWind

J Hill Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    Will Az want to trade up to 3 for Lane Johnson????
    *********************
    I tried to ask Steve that question at least twice during the blog. Also think Maimi or even Detriot with their LT retiring.

• guest123

I read somewhere that Miami has no interest in trading up for Lane Johnson. Only way they trade up is if Joeck or Fish are in play.

• SnBG

Not convinced ONE high draft pick will make that much diff on D right now.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Building the D now makes more sense unless you get some receivers for Flynn. D will give the O more chances to score if they can get to the QB’s. Otherwise our O wll have to put up big numbers and I don’t see that happening

• 1960AutumnWind

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    J Hill Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    Will Az want to trade up to 3 for Lane Johnson????
    *********************
    ****************************
    I guess I got trumped by the guy who asked who Bridgewater was… LOL.

• SnBG

What’s the news Cork has for us later. Are the Raiders moving or staying?

• ESETERIK78

ohioraider Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    SnBG Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:19 pm

—————————-
    Are you a hater? Why is everyone ganging up on this poor kid?
    =======================

I said my piece so many times. To me, CP was no longer our QB the moment they were out of the postseason. TP should’ve taken over down the stretch. They didn’t do it. They blew it.

And now, with Flynn and his salary, TP’s chance of starting are minimal unless an injury happens.

So, if someone wants to offer a third rounder, I’d take it and move on. They obviously haven’t made getting the kid some gametime a high pryority.

• 1960AutumnWind

guest123 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    *************************
    Guest

Remember it is silly season right now. I believe that one about as much as “KC scouts are facinated by Geno Smith” a few weeks ago. That could be a screen to hope that he falls all the way to 12. Hard to say if that was a statement of truth or smoke.

• Priesttj12

Then why bring it up?

We have been dying for a QB we drafted to actually become something and HE may be it. But all you read in here is hatred towards him. At least acknowledge the kids work ethic and desire to be great. Soon enough the facts will be in whether he is or NOT.

But I guess some wont see it that way no matter what, it’s just constant hate.

Reggie knows damn well he cannot go without a QB and if he lets Pryor go without making sure he can’t do it. And Pryor goes elsewhere and blows up bigtime he will LOOK LIKE THE BIGGEST FOOL GOING……and he knows it. There is no way he takes that chance not after what this kid has done since he’s been here. Every writer known to man will question him until the end of time. And the fans will HATE HIS GUTS!!!…….period

• realtruraider

StarUkulele Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    It sounds like Steve will have some type of Raider news here in a little bit…

——————————————————-

Reggie is going to have a press conference today, so that’s where his news is coming from, we won’t learn really anything new, Cork just likes playin to crowd

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

J Hill Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter2m

Feeling is OTs Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher will be first two players picked Thursday night. Then Oakland’s turn…

————————————————————

So much for all the trade scenarios

——————

dont start acting like thats truth.. Still good talent at 3. JORDAN ,STAR, ANSAH one will be a Raider

• 1960AutumnWind

Estrick

Chill, they have the whole offseason and preseason to evaluate Pryor. Now that they know he can command a huddle and do the basics, they can hone in and see if they can fix his accuracy and consistancy issues.

• ohioraider

Priesttj12 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Then why bring it up?

But I guess some wont see it that way no matter what, it’s just constant hate.

—————————————-
    You seem to be taking this personally. But I like the passion behind your last two sentences. Epic!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I would go SHELDON RICHARDSON over FLOYD and STAR

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

I already HATE HIS GUTS!!!

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• bcz24

We should be glad we have a kid doing what he’s doing but that aint good enough you want him gone before he has a chance to compete…….what do you call it if it aint HATE?
    ***********
    No hate from me. I appreciate what the kid has done. He’s been a true pro since he got here. IMO he isn’t a very good passer, but his hard work may pay dividends. I’m not looking to get rid of him, but I don’t think the team will collapse if we do. I wish him the best of luck regardless of what happens, and if he wins the starting job this year, I will root for his success just as much as I did for Palmer.

• SnBG

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    I would go SHELDON RICHARDSON over FLOYD and STAR
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I would disagree. Floyd is exceptional and Star is too but that heart issue is a problem

• ohioraider

realtruraider Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:29 pm

StarUkulele Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    It sounds like Steve will have some type of Raider news here in a little bit…

——————————————————-

———————————-
    It’s the results of the Floyd arm measurement.

• The_Judge37

I wonder if Reggie’s getting any draft input from Iterim Head Coach Tony Sporano? It’s important that the GM and HC work together.

• SnBG

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    I already HATE HIS GUTS!!!

FIRE REGGIE NOW.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    WWWWhhhhhhyyyyyy? Did he do something to you or your family?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Sheldon Richardson would make a great Raider.. and met with Raiders at combine.

However I really feel like REGGIE is being low key on DION JORDAN… he might be trying to Bait Jags into taking FISHER..

Either way the Raiders would win.. Get DION JORDAN or trade down with FISHER

• ESETERIK78

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    I already HATE HIS GUTS!!!

FIRE REGGIE NOW.
    =========================

HIRE SHRINK NOW

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 6m

Have been told over and over that if Eric Fisher is available, #Raiders are interested.

Retweeted by Asher Mathews

• 1960AutumnWind

Elway knows damn well he cannot go without a QB and if he lets Tebow go without making sure he can’t do it. And Tebow goes elsewhere and blows up bigtime he will LOOK LIKE THE BIGGEST FOOL GOING……and he knows it. There is no way he takes that chance not after what this kid has done since he’s been here. Every writer known to man will question him until the end of time. And the fans will HATE HIS GUTS!!!…….period
    —————————————-

**********************************
    Just insert Tebow for Pryor and Denver fan for Oakland fan. Little erie isn’t it? Very similar to the feelings of Denver fans a couple of years ago when Ortan was the starter.

Note also the Tebow actually took the team to playoffs and actually won a playoff game (even without being able to throw a striaght pass!)

Having said all this Pryor can throw better than Tebow and he does have real potential, I think a lot of us get tired of the corronation before he has done anything yet stuff.

• ohioraider

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I already HATE HIS GUTS!!!

FIRE REGGIE NOW.
    ————————————–
    How fragile your dreams must be that they’ve been crushed by a complete stranger.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

THEN THERE IS THIS VIA WALTER FOOTBALL

2013 NFL Draft Week Rumors
    Published April 19, 2013
    By Charlie Campbell – @draftcampbell

From speaking to various NFL scouts and personnel men the past couple of days, I’ve compiled several interesting rumors for the 2013 NFL Draft:

# In the past week or so, there have been reports that the Oakland Raiders could consider taking an offensive tackle with the third-overall pick. For months that pick has been projected to be a defensive lineman. After speaking with sources, the Raiders are in fact discussing drafting an offensive tackle. However, they are still probably going with a defensive lineman. Their defensive line needs multiple new starters, while their offensive line is in better shape. Sources believe that the pick is probably going to be either Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd or Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei. Floyd remains the favorite.

• The_Judge37

New Post, John Herrera back with the Raiders!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

NOW WRITE UP VIA WALTER FOOTBALL

# Agents and scouts both have expressed a lot of confidence in McKenzie and believe that he will turn the Raiders around if he’s given time to do the job. They believe that McKenzie is a good talent evaluator and will build a good team for Oakland if ownership remains patient while he undoes the massive mess he inherited.

Sources also said the Raiders have a good coaching staff that will produce good results once they have some talent to work with. Oakland is still a year away before they can really start to make strides. Next year, they will have tons of cap space to be in position to spend big money in free agency. They also should have all of their early-round draft picks to work with, a novel concept for Oakland.”

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

NEW POST ppl

• SnBG

Chiefs called Floyd yesterday. Hum. Intrigue in the draft

• J Hill

I’m leaning towards pass rusher if both OTs are gone.

• SnBG

J Hill Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    I’m leaning towards pass rusher if both OTs are gone.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I’m leaning towards pass rusher even if both OT’s are still available

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

No trade down:

1 [3] – Dion Jordan [DE/OLB, Oregon]
    3 [66]- David Bakhtiari [OT, Colorado]
    4[100]- Dion Sims [TE, Michigan St]
    6[172]- Micah Hyde [DB, Iowa]
    6[176]- Eric Herman [OG, Ohio]
    6[205]- Jonathan Stewart [ILB, Texas A&M]
    7[209]- Mike Purcell [DT, Wyoming]

• DKnight007

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 1:09 pm
    RaidersBeat ‏@RaidersBeat 4m Per @TonyPauline, Raiders may have a trade in place to move down if either Joeckel/Fisher falls to pick 3.

^^^^^^^^^
    Nothing new here.

I have been “reporting” this the past few weeks now.

They may even work a trade if Fisher and Joekel are picked back to back 1 and 2….because the remaining top LT Lane Johnson will be a hot commodity and so will Dion Jordan!