Oakland Raiders live blog: 2013 NFL Draft, 5 p.m. on Thursday

By cestrella
Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 at 1:13 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Follow the Raiders’ moves during the first round of the 2013 NFL draft with a chat with NFL writer Steve Corkran.

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am
    DennisAllensVisorHOF Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    With the 13th pick the New York Jets select..

1.Kansas City – Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
    11.San Diego – Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah
    12.San Francisco – Shariff Floyd, DL, Florida
    13.New York Jets – Tank Carradine, LB, Florida St
    ****************************

Floyd is a 3-4?

—-

A lot of people have being a great 3-4 end too.

• dr_robert

April 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    Raiders not taking a RT at 3….RobertaMR always wanna stir the pot and go against everyone…the lil btch knows we not taking one of those guys….a OT getting selected is only for trading purposes

**********

tell charlie casserly.

strength of the draft. best players.

i understand the game better than u.

• Cervantes

Too many plays after ball carrier has crossed LOS, but in this video he plays with a good motor and some enthusiasm.

I wouldn’t be completely down on Floyd, but to me Star is just clearly a much better player and gives us the potential to run multiple fronts without compromising run D.

I am so tired of watching us give up big running plays.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

DennisAllensVisorHOF Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    There has been a trade:

Miami trades #12 to San Francisco for #31, #61, #93 & #180.

========================================

Next time, please state whether that’s in the mock or IRL. You had me checking SI and CBS Sports. :-P

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

Paul8148 Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:22 am
    Tank is high at 13 for the jets, but I guess they need a pass rusher. They likely try to trade back in you draft

—-

He was a top 10 pick before injury, then ran a 4.7 6 months after surgery…

• HGDaddy

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m

One GM: “Quiet before the storm.” My response: “Not for the #Raiders.” They are getting a ton of calls for No. 3. “It’s red-hot,” I’m told.

April 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:13 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am
    ***********

************************

************

listen short stuff. i will name the game. ur there at all of them right? i’m thinking of getting season tix this year.

i think ur gonna be in for a big surprise, pal.

not MR.

and i think it’s hilarious what a little blog tuff guy u try to be. doesn’t take much to get u to threaten someone on a blog.

ur a loudmouth clown.
    ********************************

Hey ppl on blog have met me…I’m not scared to show my face…..MR you been running for years……oh now you wanna choose the week? U need help? LOL….ok RobertaMR…just as I thought you not gonna do it…..typical

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Not draft-related, but too funny not to post.

Tony Siragusa is now a Depends pitchman.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:21 am
    Raider O Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am

DMAC,

Stabler!
    =======

Why do I have this funny feeling you CHEATED!!! BFAM
    lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Cause you know me too well BFAM. Bama in the link made it easy.

• HGDaddy

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL

#Raiders #Falcons trade is “very likely to happen today” and that “if it happens it will rival the Julio Jones deal” #NFLDraft

• dr_robert

April 25th, 2013 at 9:22 am

That was quite easy you dummy…..a 4-3 RDE is not gonna play the 5 technique in the 3-4…..how fkin lost are you?

He only size and speed no football skills for NFL

***********

this should be fun. let’s see u bury urself.

why rockhead, can a RDE in a 4-3 NOT play RDE in a 3-4 when he has the size/strength for the 3-4 and the speed/athleticism for the 4-3?

cmon dummy. is it cuz he u can only be one or the other according to u?

he absolutely has football skills according to every expert except u.

LOL. u are seriously a rock.

April 25th, 2013 at 9:23 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am

**********

tell charlie casserly.

strength of the draft. best players.

i understand the game better than u.
    *******************

I’d take one over Floyd and weak ass Ansah for sure…but Raiders not taking a RT at 3 with Veldheer there as LT……you dont understand the game because no one has ever did that shhht….fkin dumb virgin

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

With the 15th pick the New Orleans Saints select..

1.Kansas City – Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
    14.Carolina Panthers – Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tenn
    15.New Orleans – Kenny Vocarro, S, Texas

• 1960AutumnWind

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    ************************
    I think if Fisher is there there will be some strong consideration to take him even though he is not highest need. He is probably #1 on the Raiders board and if we really believe in BPA he fits that mold. If Cheifs take Jokel and Jacksonville goes def. I do believe Maimi and Cards will be calling hard for Fisher and we probably have already tenatively discussed compensation with them. I think Jacksonville is a trade target as well. Lane Johnson if OTs go 1,2 will be a trade target.

This has got to be one of most intersting drafts I have ever seen from a Raiders perspective. I remember when we had Gallery and Al basically would only trade out if teams gave up a Hershal Walker type trade. I always thought that was so stupid although I did agree with the pick at the time (if we were going to pick at 2). RM by being reasonable and not greedy may be starting a bidding war.

• Myopinion

DMAC,

Stabler!
    =======

Why do I have this funny feeling you CHEATED!!! BFAM
    lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Cause you know me too well BFAM. Bama in the link made it easy.
    ====

I know
    I didn’t peep it until I posted it
    You clever fella
    lol

• The_Judge37

This is going to be a super long work day.

April 25th, 2013 at 9:26 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:22 am

He only size and speed no football skills for NFL

***********

this should be fun. let’s see u bury urself.

cmon dummy. is it cuz he u can only be one or the other according to u?

he absolutely has football skills according to every expert except u.

LOL. u are seriously a rock.
    ********************************

4-3 RDEs= 3-4 OLBs in most cases……see Mario Williams? He is classic example you moronic fool

Thought you understood the game?

You really think at 270 Ansah can play the 5 tech? Shut up man

• nwr8r

April 25th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    Nwr8r Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Don’t you think 3 is a little high for a RT?

***********

no. best and safest picks in the draft are the OT’s.

and he will have a major impact on the offense. in the run game and the pass game.

biggest immediate impact of any player on the board outside of possibly ansah.

*******************************

The transition from left side to right side takes time usually. With the higher level of competition in the nfl it could take even longer. Not sure about safest or immediate impact.

• DMAC

Myopinion Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Those kfc.commercials,
    I ate the bone.
    Funny as hell
    =====

I kind of like the duck duck goose Vitamin water commercial

• HGDaddy

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL

Hearing #Dolphins and #AZCardinals are making very strong offers for #Raiders pick at number 3 as well #NFLDraft

Question:

if San Diego wants to move up to #3 and draft Lane Johnson, what would they have to give up?

Pick #3 = 2200 pts

Pick #11 = 1250 pts
    Pick #45 = 450 pts
    Pick #76 = 210 pts
    Pick #110 = 74 pts

plus maybe they give us the rights to RFA WR Danario Alexander?

• dr_robert

April 25th, 2013 at 9:24 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:13 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am
    ***********

************************

************

i think ur gonna be in for a big surprise, pal.

not MR.

ur a loudmouth clown.
    ********************************

************

hey rock head. i’m not MR. i have never run from u or anyone.

I JUST TOLD U I WILL COME MEET U.

i will pick the week cuz i’m not sure which week will work for me. duh.

don’t change it dummy. I WILL MEET U.

1960AutumnWind Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:27 am
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    ************************

*****************************

It will never happen old timer….RT isnt gonna be selected that high when a team already has their LT

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

B,

The smartest. monkey in the room didnt know the Raiders ran a 4-3 with a NT.

RDE Matt Shaughnessy Andre Carter
    DT Desmond Bryant Brandon Bair
    NT Tommy Kelly Christo Bilukidi
    LDE Lamarr Houston David Tollefson Jack Crawford

A NT in 4-3 defense?!?! No!!!!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

HGDaddy Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:28 am
    Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL

========================================

Great! The Dolphins, Cards, and Falcons wanna slug it out for our #3 pick. Who wins? WE DO!

• DMAC

I still like Werner in the mid rounds

• DMAC

round

April 25th, 2013 at 9:29 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:24 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:15 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:13 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am
    ***********

************************

************

i think ur gonna be in for a big surprise, pal.

not MR.

ur a loudmouth clown.
    ********************************

************

hey rock head. i’m not MR. i have never run from u or anyone.

I JUST TOLD U I WILL COME MEET U.

i will pick the week cuz i’m not sure which week will work for me. duh.

don’t change it dummy. I WILL MEET U.
    **********************************

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

With the 16th pick the St Louis Rams select..

1.Kansas City – Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
    12.San Francisco – Shariff Floyd, DL, Florida
    13.New York Jets – Tank Carradine, LB, Florida St
    14.Carolina Panthers – Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tenn
    15.New Orleans – Kenny Vocarro, S, Texas
    16.St Louis – Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

• JONTRAIN

Follow The B@Uceman Says:April 25th, 2013 at 9:15 amDr_robert Says:April 25th, 2013 at 9:13 amFollow The B@Uceman Says:April 25th, 2013 at 8:59 amRobertaMR you get razzed in here more than anyone….but you are a keyboard specialist because we know you wont talk face to face I called you out and you declined but I see n you call out others…..you not crazy as you act thats for damn sure***********ur a lying little punk. i told u i’d meet u at a game. never in a million years would i run from an erkel fan.************************preseason week one vs dallas….i want no excuses MR…I been waiting to beat you down…but you will never show

######

Absolutley hilarious.

• Marks hair

ansah played mostly 3-4 end in school.

Raider O Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:29 am
    B,

The smartest. monkey in the room didnt know the Raiders ran a 4-3 with a NT.

RDE Matt Shaughnessy Andre Carter
    DT Desmond Bryant Brandon Bair
    NT Tommy Kelly Christo Bilukidi
    LDE Lamarr Houston David Tollefson Jack Crawford

A NT in 4-3 defense?!?! No!!!!
    *********************

And yesterday he was saying what? Christo is listed by Raiders at 320…so raiders.com is raiders site right? Well guess he was wrong…..but I thought he was always right since he knows football lol

• John David Booty

Darren Connolly IV ‏ @ DConnollyNFL 8h
    Phone conversation w/RB Eddie Lacy and # Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie ended with McKenzie saying how he hopes he’s lucky enough to draft him

*********
    Interesting. Reggie trying to move into 2nd. We’re trading the #3, folks.

• dr_robert

April 25th, 2013 at 9:28 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:26 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:22 am

He only size and speed no football skills for NFL

***********

this should be fun. let’s see u bury urself.

cmon dummy. is it cuz he u can only be one or the other according to u?

he absolutely has football skills according to every expert except u.

LOL. u are seriously a rock.
    ********************************

Thought you understood the game?

You really think at 270 Ansah can play the 5 tech? Shut up man

**************

hey stupid. he can play either. ur such a loudmouth jackazz.

• StarUkulele

HGDaddy Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:25 am
    Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL

==========

Dude…you serious? HELL YEAH!!! That would be sweet!!

The Falcons selected Jones with the sixth overall pick, acquired from the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night for a package of five draft picks, including Atlanta’s No. 27 overall selection in the first round this year and the team’s first-round pick in 2012.

The Browns also acquired the Falcons’ second- and fourth-round picks this year and fourth-round selections in 2012.

• HGDaddy

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 6m

Sources inside #Falcons org remain very confident that if their guy is there at number 3 that they will win bidding war #Raiders #NFLDraft

• Marks hair

we have to trade at least once… we are in the best spot in the draft for a trade.

Marks Hair Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:31 am
    ansah played mostly 3-4 end in school.
    *************************

3-4 DE at 270 lol….college boys vs NFL men

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

With the 17th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers select..

1.Kansas City – Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
    16.St Louis – Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    17.Pittsburgh – Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia

• dr_robert

April 25th, 2013 at 9:30 am

**************

keep up ur mouth clown.

Raiders trading pick is fine with me! Major bidding wars tonight!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

I’m assuming “JONTRAIN” is Norco.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

April 25th, 2013 at 9:32 am
    Raider O Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:29 am
    B,

The smartest. monkey in the room didnt know the Raiders ran a 4-3 with a NT.

RDE Matt Shaughnessy Andre Carter
    DT Desmond Bryant Brandon Bair
    NT Tommy Kelly Christo Bilukidi
    LDE Lamarr Houston David Tollefson Jack Crawford

A NT in 4-3 defense?!?! No!!!!
    *********************

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    The life of a little troll living in his moms house trying to eff his cousin.

• HGDaddy

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 49s

Raiders talking trade with several teams http://wp.me/p14QSB-8vFs

• HGDaddy

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 28s

#Raiders are the hot spot at #3 for teams wanting a LT. That will be common theme leading up to the beginning of the draft.

April 25th, 2013 at 9:34 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:30 am

**************

keep up ur mouth clown.
    ***************************************

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

John David Booty Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:32 am
    Darren Connolly IV ‏ @ DConnollyNFL 8h

*********
    Interesting. Reggie trying to move into 2nd. We’re trading the #3, folks.

=========================================

Wouldn’t mind Lacy at all. DMac’s unlikely to go 16 games.

• Football Coach

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:22 am

April 25th, 2013 at 9:17 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:02 am
    April 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am
    there’s a reason why we signed three new LB’s to go with burris.

that’s one reason why i think ansah might be the guy. fits well as a RDE in a 4-3 or 3-4.
    ******************************

Yeah RDEs in a 4-3 play 5 technique in the 3-4 lol…..some football coach you are

***********

do u think that sentence made sense?

u always think players have some label on their shirt that limits them to where they can line up.

ansah can play RDE in a 4-3 or a 3-4 dumbbell. he has the skill set and size/strength for either. that’s what makes him so intriguing.
    *************************8

He only size and speed no football skills for NFL

********************************************

Ansah has some of the best hips and agility for a man of his size I have seen. That is a football gift not many are blessed with. He is not just track speed.

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

With the 18th pick the Dallas Cowboys select..

1.Kansas City – Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan