Live NFL draft blog: Raiders and 49ers, Day 2, Friday at 4 p.m.

By cestrella
Thursday, April 25th, 2013 at 9:16 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Join NFL writer Steve Corkran for a live chat as the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers make their picks on the second day of the NFL Draft.

• eastoaklandraider

These next 2 picks better be trenchmen. None of the skill player bullschit.

• 8RaiderReign8

Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:33 pm
    RediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    We need a legit RDE (hopefully Tank) and a rotational DT. Other than that the DL is fine.
    *****************************

That Dline is not fine! You dont have legit starting run stuffer and your UT is outta position at LDE so therefore you need a proper LDE
    _________________

B@uce I feel you man.

I wanted Star too.

• SnBG

I dont want a damn UT…I want a NT…I need a guy who can take up two blockers effectively

Sims Walker and Hunter arent adequate enough nor is Carter

1 RDE type and a NT will make me happy and this draft will be a success….today he needs that mindset
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Got to agree with that

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

Afternoon J Hill, Inone, NY, Dakota, B… NATION

Second pick has to be DT/DE.

• DKnight007

Dakota Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    DKnight007 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:59 am
    If Reggie takes a Safety or another CB because they were the highest rated on his board and he goes with his gut, than I will be disappointed.

Needs to take Okafor, Washington, Carradine, Hunt, Ertz or trade down.

I like Cyprien as a player, but don’t need a safety at this point. Need a pass rushing DE/OLB
    ****************************88

We play 4-3….OLB pass rusher? Come on….we need a RDE…I’d like Moore but I doubt Reggie does….bet he trades down
    +++++++++++
    CB in round 1

Safety in round 2.

Kick returner with addiction issues in round 3.

One-eyed RB in Round 4.

AL DAVIS LIVES!

^^^^^^^^^^
    LOL!

• Myopinion

My prediction
    Reggie gibes up a 6to move up and grab moore.
    Thats his guy

• DKnight007

Whats worse….the Te’o stuff or Tebow stuff?

Ugh…the media…Terrible!

• morilla

When did the Raiders say they were moving to a 3-4?

• DKnight007

Dakota Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    DKnight007 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Needs to take Okafor, Washington, Carradine, Hunt, Ertz or trade down.

****************************88

+++++++++++
    CB in round 1

Safety in round 2.

Kick returner with addiction issues in round 3.

One-eyed RB in Round 4.

AL DAVIS LIVES!

^^^^^^^^^^^
    LOL!

• VanHeathen30

Coming off of a season where we didn’t compete in half of the games we polayed, there is NO ROOM for optomism.
    This team needs to create it’s own positive vibe through hard work , dedication and results on the field.
    All the positive talk don’t mean dick on Sunday afternoons…

• DKnight007

Reggie is going to pick a player that will piss the fans off.

• DKnight007

Okafor or Carradine!

• ENGLANDRAIDER

I wouldn’t mind Jesse Williams.

• Myopinion

Rm has to see things like us and realize were in desperate need of pass rush.
    I dmoore was his best de he couldnt really draft him in first
    Also think we have enuf if a dt rotation that we could be good with a 2 down runstuffer like jenkuns

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Day 2

Waddup Nation!

Rack ‘em

• Relentless

Plunketthead Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:35 pm
    Jhill said I get sick of all the damn crying about our team by so called Raider fans.

I hear where you are coming from. As a matter of fact I was about to post this

“What a shame. There are a few here who have been here as long as I have and I don’t think I have ever heard you say anything kind, nice or positive about the Raiders. Instead for over 6 years all I have heard you do is whine, moan and complain about everything Raiders
    —–
    Have we been winning these past 6 years? Make it more like 10. When we have something to celebrate we will. Until then we’ve had Kiffin, Shell and a number of players that never work out all equaling losing seasons. I’m glad to know that you guys can cheer losing all the time.

• Dakota

The same guys who are biotching and complaining about those who are biotching and complaining are the same guys who must have happily accepted every crappy draft pick that has created the mess in the first place.

They can go kick rocks as far as I am concerned.

• Plunketthead

Theres quite a few NT’s left and they all grade out above average.

That second pick is SUPER VALUABLE to the team. Really excited for Reggie and DA to get that. They need some breaks. I want DA to succeed so I want the defense to blow it up this year

It went down to the last two minutes before the fins had a sudden desire for loser bust so they gave into reggies intense poker face and slipped us a freebie.

ROLL ON REG

• nwr8r

Still not sure what to think of last night. I like the player, but not in that spot. I loved the trade down and 2nd round pickup, but not the lack of more picks. To make things worse, Miami is saying everyone in the room including the owner was shocked they got to move up for “half the price”. Reggie is still a little green at this part of his craft I think.

• eastoaklandraider

It must be something wrong with Hunt, he compares favorably to Ansah as far as speed and power and size yet he wasnt selected early like the other guys, I find that strange. Its not like Ansah had a boatload of sacks.

• HighPlains Raider

It’s a good day for a draft pick.

• 8RaiderReign8

Trenchmen then O projects later

• Football Coach

I think the Raiders will run more 3-4 this year with Burris rushing off the edge. We will see. I would like to see him do that, as that was his biggest strength in college.

• eastoaklandraider

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    I wouldn’t mind Jesse Williams.

———–

I would like this also.

• inonewordraider

The Realist Dirty Raccoon Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:48 pm
    Afternoon J Hill, Inone, NY, Dakota, B… NATION

Second pick has to be DT/DE.
    _____
    whattup

• Dan78

Hey fellas what about Robert Woods???

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Hankins or Carradine. Make it happen Reggie

• severeraiderz

We need DL help but I think Hunter is a special talent…..my #1 wr in fact. Wouldn’t mind Tank Carradine, who I like better than Werner, Hankins, Okafor or Brandon Williams. I think Lemonier will be available in the 3rd so we might target him there.

• rediaR

Severeraiderz Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    The Raiders will NOT move Houston to the UT or the 3 technique. The coaching staff asked him to lose 10lbs when they first arrived and he dropped more than that. He’d have to put on at least 15lbs to play there. I thought he was a beast on the interior while he was at UT while attending the UT but he was drafted as a DE just like Wiz was drafted as a C after spending most of his collegiate career at G
    ———————
    Reality.

• JONTRAIN

Nwr8r Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

######

I don’t like the “gloating either”…but every team is gonna say they had a great draft. I like what happened last night as far as strategy…as far as the player, well, we shall see. If he can cover as well as Reg thinks…good. if not, then bad.
    I don’t think he seems like a rookie at all.

• inonewordraider

how good will robert woods b?

gotta value a potential top receiver over a top te (ertz) right, or is woods not that good?

• irjonny

don’t be surprised if we trade down again, but also don’t be surprised if we go offense

• eastoaklandraider

DKnight007 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:51 pm
    Reggie is going to pick a player that will piss the fans off.

————

You would have too, Manti at 3 overall, LOL. Not even a first rounder.

• inonewordraider

Dan78 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    Hey fellas what about Robert Woods???

_____
    i’ve been thinking that

i mean he got overshadowed by lee but the guy has hands, get’s open, just flat out makes plays plus he returns punts

how good can he be?

i think it’s hankins or him, we’ll c

• JONTRAIN

Jeff Ireland has gone all in this offseason. That type of strategy rarely works. Epecially when you don’t have a QB…smh

• Football Coach

eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

******************************************

Ansah made a lot of money with her performance at the Senior Bowl. But other than that, you are right, Hunt should not be that far behind him. Hunt is a little older though, but Ziggy is old for the draft too.

Lots of foreign DE’s this year, it is the new trend.

• SnBG

VanHeathen30 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:51 pm
    All the positive talk don’t mean dick on Sunday afternoons…
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    All the negative talk doesn’t help either, just brings the blog down.

• realtruraider

Bennie Logan (309)
    John Jenkins (346)
    Brandon Williams (335)
    Jesse Williams (323)

getcha one, Reggie!!

———————————————————–

Word is Raiders really like Bennie Logan, not sure if I would take him with the 42nd pick, more likely the 3rd but he might not make it there cause the 49ers also like him a lot. I’m going to have to watch some film of the guy.

• Myopinion

I could see reggiegoing 3/4
    Seems alot easier to find olb than de
    Cheaper
    Packers ran it

• Dakota

Football Coach Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

******************************************

Lots of foreign DE’s this year, it is the new trend.
    ++++++++++++

Do they shoot a lot of 3 pointers and flop a lot?

• Football Coach

severeraiderz Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

**********************************************

Hunter is stick thin and way too many drops last year. I would pass, I think Streater is as good or better.

• rediaR

thanks for the 2nd pick, don’t blow it

• Dan78

inonewordraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    Dan78 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    Hey fellas what about Robert Woods???

_____
    i’ve been thinking that

how good can he be?

i think it’s hankins or him, we’ll c
    *****
    Heard a few comparisons to Reggie Wayne… Kiffin did not call many plays for him much….Targeted Lee more… Think he would be a steal…

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

Any of you nerds see that Dallas picked some lame center?

WHATS UP WITH THAT

• eastoaklandraider

Jessie Williams in the 2nd, Barret Robbins in the 3rd if they are available.

Severeraiderz Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    **************************************

Actually Lamarr was drafted as a tweener at 305 lbs a DT/DE….how hard is it for him to gain 10 lbs back? And since when is 6’3 305 too small at UT?

• theghostronin79

===============

Who the Fu*k is talkin about “Cheering” LOSING?

You can stand behind your team, support ‘em, and all that, and still HATE losing and be sick from it.

You can “Choose” to BE positive or negative about every damn thing….Any real fan is NOT OK, with losing….I mean seriously?

• Dakota

eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Jessie Williams in the 2nd, Barret Robbins in the 3rd if they are available.
    +++++++++