1,674

Live NFL draft blog: Raiders and 49ers, Day 2, Friday at 4 p.m.

Join NFL writer Steve Corkran for a live chat as the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers make their picks on the second day of the NFL Draft.

cestrella

• Football Coach

Whining, b*tching and complaining about losing is the way people who lose into losers.

It is one thing to lose. It is another thing to be a loser.

• Dakota

theghostronin79 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    Have we been winning these past 6 years? Make it more like 10. When we have something to celebrate we will. Until then we’ve had Kiffin, Shell and a number of players that never work out all equaling losing seasons. I’m glad to know that you guys can cheer losing all the time.

===============

Who the Fu*k is talkin about “Cheering” LOSING?

You can stand behind your team, support ‘em, and all that, and still HATE losing and be sick from it.

You can “Choose” to BE positive or negative about every damn thing….Any real fan is NOT OK, with losing….I mean seriously?
    ++++++++++++++

GOOOOOO TEAM!

• Football Coach

That being said, you better DO SOMETHING when you are losing. You must never accept it. But b*tching does not count as doing something.

• SnBG

JONTRAIN Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    Nwr8r Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Still not sure what to think of last night. I like the player, but not in that spot. I loved the trade down and 2nd round pickup, but not the lack of more picks. To make things worse, Miami is saying everyone in the room including the owner was shocked they got to move up for “half the price”. Reggie is still a little green at this part of his craft I think.

######

I don’t like the “gloating either”…but every team is gonna say they had a great draft. I like what happened last night as far as strategy…as far as the player, well, we shall see. If he can cover as well as Reg thinks…good. if not, then bad.
    I don’t think he seems like a rookie at all.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Miami is just pumping themselves up but the reality is….Who was really going to trade with Reg. Reg got us a 2nd at the 10 spot. How do we know that Reg isn’t thinking I’m going to save some money to find more help before the season starts. We don’t know. I think Reg will complement his 12th with a NT/DT or a RDE. I’d be good with that. Then we have a 3rd pick and so on. What did we have before the draft?????

• inonewordraider

GOOOOOO TEAM!
    _________
    ha, surprised you aren’t to down on the hayden pick…

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 2h

CB D.J. Hayden has arrived at Raiders headquarters. PHOTO: Hayden with equipment manager Bobby Romanski.
    =====================================================

Just an ow away from a boar hunter.

• JLofty

Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 10:01 am
    I think Motorhead’s ‘Killed By Death’ should be played every Sunday leading right up to kick-off at Raiders home games.
    ___________________________________________

Co-sign!

• ENGLANDRAIDER

eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Jessie Williams in the 2nd, Barret Robbins in the 3rd if they are available.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah, I’m with you…

Williams has been a pretty good NT.
    He plays DT/DE..every postion on the defensive line.

6ft 4ins and 325 lbs of pure Fosters.

• JLofty

The Beeech Diggity Dawg Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Any of you nerds see that Dallas picked some lame center?

WHATS UP WITH THAT
    ________________________________________________

Dude had an AWESOME beard however. No idea how that fits in a helmet with a chin strap. Bet it makes really surly….

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

Football Coach Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

It is one thing to lose. It is another thing to be a loser.

———-

You sound just like this total blog nerd named Nob Bust.

Totally funny though, please continue

BEEECH STYLE

• Dakota

Football Coach Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    ___________

I sent Al a western union telegram and told him to select a tackle and a center in 2009.

He decided to go with DHB and The Youtube Sensation. Not sure how the hell Al saw anything on the internet to spurn him into selecting Mitchell, but my advice fell on deaf ears.

• The Big Banana

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:40 pm
    I just saw an add for Oakland Ballet Company at the top of this blog page.. starting May 10th

are they talking about Raider OTA’s ?

——-

RRS – as I understand, those are targeted ads. What have you been searching the interwebs for my man?

• DA supporter

we need a pass rusher. if we can’t get a good pass rusher, we r screwed. this is where reggie messed up. he should have kept mcclain. i kno mcclain was a head case but that is a coaches job to keep him in line. and the gm. mcclain would have been a beast as a pass rusher. a beast. do u think he woulda pulled that crap if gruden was the hc? hey no. da has no balls thats why romac pulled that shat. if a player pulls that crap u get in his grill but we handled it all wrong. very immature on reg and das part. they handled it like kindergarten teachers. they should have made him a pass rusher. dude woulda been a beast. but they acted like wittle kids. they didnt kno what to do. r the players afraid of the big bad da? hardly. any coach worth is beans woulda dealt with the situation in a mature manner and we’d have a all pro pass rusher. reggie needs to draft him and da a pair of balls and some nut sack.

• JLofty

All’s I gots to say is….

I DAMN sure hope the Reg is better at picking CB’s than his predecessor was (last 10 yrs anyway…)

• severeraiderz

Carradine, Hunter, Okafor, or Brandon Williams should be the pick. Damontre Moore has talent but I’d be scared off by his immaturity. If we pick Moore after selecting Hayden I’d be convinced that my wish of hiring Kevin Sumlin if DA fails, is coming true.

• inonewordraider

2nd hankins
    3rd queesenberry
    4th kasa
    6th jenkins

• rediaR

DA Supporter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:12 pm
    ———————–
    I can’t tell if this guy is serious. Can someone help me out?

• inonewordraider

I can’t tell if this guy is serious. Can someone help me out?
    _______
    people in here are still following the jamarcus comeback trail

it is what it is

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Meanwhile, Michael Silver of Yahoo sports is much less enthusiastic about the pick. In his piece, SIlver mentions health concerns and the fact that Hayden was not tabbed to go very high as reasons to be cautious when it comes to the Raiders’ newest player. His Yahoo compatriot, Jason Cole, was also not very high on the Raiders’ first day,

• VanHeathen30

1607.JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 10:01 am
    ___________________________________________

Co-sign!

________________________

They could just bring in Lemmy to give the pre game speech…

• rediaR

BREAKING NEWS: MICHAEL SILVER DOWN ON RAIDERS

• nwr8r

The Barkley rumors better not be true

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Michael Silver and His Yahoo compatriot, Jason Cole,

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:11 pm
    The Beeech Diggity Dawg Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Any of you nerds see that Dallas picked some lame center?

WHATS UP WITH THAT
    ________________________________________________

———–

Alls I know is, if Reggie picks Barkley in the 2nd, Barfman the Genital will grab his imaginary gun and go on a blogger shooting rampage

F TO THE DRIZZLE

• inonewordraider

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

________
    most of us were very high and or drunk!

• Relentless

theghostronin79 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

===============

Who the Fu*k is talkin about “Cheering” LOSING?

—–
    “What you call negativity I call Realism, what I call realism you call pessimism.” It is what it is. I love the Raiders, I just hate losing all the damn time. Always gonna be a fan but I think RM and DA suck. As seen yesterday with that bs pick and that bs trade back. Be content with mediocrity? No thanks.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 3h

.@nflnetwork analyst Mike Mayock had CB D.J. Hayden as the No.1 CB on his board a week before the Draft. http://bit.ly/ZTpz2j
    View summary Hide summary

• rediaR

Hayden was cleared medically, and that was the main reason teams had him dropping. Half of the teams still had him as the top rated CB, or at least top 2, and so did some of the best talking heads.

• nwr8r

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

***********************************

I’ll take Mayocks views over those two douche bags

• beach

I hate watching the Raiders lose! But, today I am optimistic Reggie is building a better football team, and we never have to look back again! That being said, draft some linemen, baby!!!

• Raider E

Cyprien at #42

DMoore at #66

• Dakota

inonewordraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    GOOOOOO TEAM!
    _________
    ha, surprised you aren’t to down on the hayden pick…
    _______________

I have wanted the team to build the lines for a decade now…..I hope Hayden is good, but even if he is our team will still suck. CBs are what good teams add after they have a healthy o and d line and are contenders.

Oh well.

I hope he is good.

And we didn’t get full value in the trade down, so that was disappointing.

Now I am just waiting for the 5th round trade of McFadden to further kill my hope.

Depressing.

This too shall pass.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB 3h

Honey Badger ‘definite possibility’ for 49ers http://dlvr.it/3Hfflk

• eastoaklandraider

Dakota Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Jessie Williams in the 2nd, Barret Robbins in the 3rd if they are available.
    +++++++++

Cole Ford in the 4th!

————

Who?

• severeraiderz

B@uce

He was drafted as a DE and he lost more than 10lbs last offseason at the coach’s request. He’d have to gain at least 15lbs back to effectively fight in the middle all game. This isn’t the big 12, he’s gonna need some beef to handle these guards pounding on him and he’s gonna have to keep his quickness while gaining this weight

• Raiders for life

I like the Hayden pick and wouldn’t mind a bad azz safety in the 2nd.
    It’s getting old watching the DB’s looking at each other and saying WTF?

• inonewordraider

carradine
    moore
    woods

would be my favorite picks at #42

• rediaR

Teams tend to not give full value unless they are moving up for a QB or a surefire superstar.

• http://www.raiders.com Silverandblack666

“Cole Ford in the 4th!”

He is still holed up in a hotel room in Las Vegas

• DA supporter

The Beeech Diggity Dawg Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Any of you nerds see that Dallas picked some lame center?

WHATS UP WITH THAT
    …..

JerJones likes his men who have lots of ass hair.

• http://www.raiders.com Silverandblack666

“Teams tend to not give full value unless they”

Are taking advantage of our GM

• Raider E

Moore will be there at #66

• guest123

^^^^^^^

in other words, Moore is a ‘tweener’

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

RaidersBeat ‏@RaidersBeat 6h

Perspective. @MikeMcCartney7: Mock Drafts, Value Picks, Winners/Losers, Draft Grades = all meaningless and quickly forgotten

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 7h

I think the dolphins did Chip Kelly a favor… Where are the pictures of Dion wreaking havoc? This smells like a Aaron Curry move.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 7h

Is anyone else concerned that 2 top 5 picks have 9 sacks between them?

• rediaR

I’ll take Tank at 42 and this at 66

• realtruraider

Put me down for Moore with the 42nd pick

All the guy did was produce sacks, pressure’s the QB and had a ton of tackles.

We have his old Dline coach and DA obviously has ties to A&M, I know there are some character concerns but I think he has good football character, watching his tape he plays hard every down and looks to give it his all while on the field. I’m sure his old coach is in Reggie’s ear and pushing to draft him if still there at 42 and it would be a great pick imo

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 7h

And I like Aaron Curry but you have to produce Sacks to justify a high pick. Not saying Dion cant do it but I did not see it on tape.

• DKnight007

severeraiderz Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

^^^^^^^^^
    This 2nd round pick should be the best player on the board at a position of need at this point in Round 2 or a trade down and add another pick in 3rd or 4th round or a pick next year.

Seriously….Carradine or Okafor would be best players at a RDE position of major NEED.

Andre Carter is not a full time RDE at this stage of his career.

No other DE’s on roster right now.

However, one player I would love to see be a Raiders is LB Kiko Alonso from Oregon. Versatile and tough LB with a mean streak who platys balls out.

His style reminds me of Raider great Phil Villapiano!