History suggests Raiders can get standout player at No. 42

If recent history means anything, the Raiders stand a pretty good chance of finding a productive player at No. 42, with the second round pick they acquired from the Miami Dolphins on Thursday. Here’s a look at the players selected at No. 42 in the past 10 NFL drafts:

2003 – FS Ken Hamlin, Seattle Seahawks
2004 – DE Travis LaBoy, Tennessee Titans
2005 – LB Kevin Burnett, Dallas Cowboys
2006 – FS Danieal Manning, Chicago Bears
2007 — OT Tony Ugoh, Indianapolis Colts
2008 – WR Eddie Royal, Denver Broncos
2009 – S Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills
2010 — TE Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
2011 – LB Brooks Reed, Houston Texans
2012 – OT Jonathan Martin, Miami Dolphins

Steve Corkran

• SnBG

—–
    “What you call negativity I call Realism, what I call realism you call pessimism.” It is what it is. I love the Raiders, I just hate losing all the damn time. Always gonna be a fan but I think RM and DA suck. As seen yesterday with that bs pick and that bs trade back. Be content with mediocrity? No thanks.

######

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Honestly, I think you’re in denial about your negativity.

• JLofty

I just realized I never read this post….

• theghostronin79

However, one player I would love to see be a Raiders is LB Kiko Alonso from Oregon. Versatile and tough LB with a mean streak who platys balls out.

His style reminds me of Raider great Phil Villapiano!

==============

Alonzo is awesome…..He’s got GREAT instincts, chooses the right gap, had like 3 or 4 interceptions last year, had the key INT in the Rose Bowl year before, and one of his best attributes is when he’s blitzing…..

He has a Mean streak, and I think he’s fairly underrated.

• rediaR

Severeraiderz Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    If we don’t get hunter in round 2, would love Dobson from Marshall in rd 3, he’s one of the most underrated wr in this draft and he ran better than expected
    ————————-
    I started watching some of his games the other day. The kid might end up being the best WR in the draft.

• Dakota

JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Thanks Reggie for the free second round pick.

…Otherwise we’d have nothing to argue about today!!
    +++++++++

the disturbing part was that Reggie said he was willing to take a CB with the #3 overall pick….that is what has me down. D. Sanders maybe…..

I thought that craziness was gone from here.

• SnBG

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    “History suggests Raiders can get standout player at No. 42″

Unless a 70 year old Al Davis and or a modern day Reggie McKenzie is drafting.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Please stop, you don’t know how Reggies draft will work out.

• Plunketthead

JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Thanks Reggie for the free second round pick.

…Otherwise we’d have nothing to argue about today!!
    **********************************

That second is huge and then we get the 66th. Gonna be a fun evening

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 2h

#49ers and #Raiders have shown the most interest in LSU DT Bennie Logan (6-2, 309), per source. Late 2nd- to 3rd-rounder.
    Retweeted 30 times

• http://www.raiders.com Silverandblack666

“Fair enough but there is no evidence for you to call the trade BS. As far as the pick…we’ll see.”

Plenty of evidence that Reggie got fleeced on that trade then made an average to below average pick to top it off.

• JONTRAIN

Hayden on whether he talked to Houston alum and former Raider CB Stanford Routt: “I can’t say that I have. I actually haven’t talked to Stanford Routt.”

I like this guy.

• Relentless

JONTRAIN Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    JONTRAIN Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    Relentless Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:17 pm
    theghostronin79 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    Have we been winning these past 6 years? Make it more like 10. When we have something to celebrate we will. Until then we’ve had Kiffin, Shell and a number of players that never work out all equaling losing seasons. I’m glad to know that you guys can cheer losing all the time.

===============

Who the Fu*k is talkin about “Cheering” LOSING?

You can stand behind your team, support ‘em, and all that, and still HATE losing and be sick from it.

You can “Choose” to BE positive or negative about every damn thing….Any real fan is NOT OK, with losing….I mean seriously?
    —–

######

—–
    The trade was bs the reason is because of the lack of picks we got in return, as for the player himself, is yet to be seen.

• VanHeathen30

The Problem really isn’t Reggie or even Al’s old moves, it’s the moves Mark has made since he took over the team. The Palmer deal hampered Reggies ability to start the roster purge last year, and is still costing us any leverage in trades do to the desperation of NEEDING to make a deal to get the picks that Mark gave away for Palmer, back.
    Mark D. should never have been given the reign of the team…

• lefty12

Heard one of the talking heads discussing pass rushers earlier.He said Jordan had no a$$ and was too skinny in is lower body.Compared J.Allen to him.Both are same height but Allen has a big butt and outweighs him by 30 pounds.This guy was saying good pass rushers have huge theighs-Jordan doesn’t.We got over on Miami because of who they took.

• Relentless

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    Relentless Says:
    I love new topics.
    ========================================

Me too. The Carribean, Aruba,…Oh, Topics! Sorry.
    —–
    Damn I meant topless!

• JONTRAIN

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

####

Feel free to…you know…share that evidence. Apparently you were either in the draft room listening to offers, or had Reg’s phone tapped.

• http://www.raiders.com Silverandblack666

“Please stop, you don’t know how Reggies draft will work out.”

Neither do you so WTF are you talking about?

• rediaR

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

————————-
    If by “evidence” you mean the people who would be complaining no matter what, then yes there is evidence.

• Dakota

DE
    DT
    TE
    RT
    WR
    FS
    LG
    Punt/kick returner

Still have so many areas to fix.

Still

• JONTRAIN

I’m curious to know how yall figure we didn’t get enough in return. Does anybody have a clue as to what was offered?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4h

Jay Glazer reporting Tyrann Mathieu stiffed Texans and Seahawks after they scheduled trips for him to visit. Jay is right. “he fell off the grid”
    Retweeted 95 times

John Jenkins (346)
    Brandon Williams (335)
    Jesse Williams (323)

getcha one, Reggie!!

• irjonny
  • RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

with that said. TYRANN will be picked by the NINERS to pair him back up with REID

• theghostronin79

Dakota Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Thanks Reggie for the free second round pick.

…Otherwise we’d have nothing to argue about today!!
    +++++++++

I thought that craziness was gone from here.

=============

Of course he said THAT man…….. He had to save face a LITTLE bit, and make it seem like we did what WE wanted, and WE scored in the whole deal.

He ain’t gonna say

“Welp….I wanted bunches of Picks….I was thinkin weez gonna get Warmack buuut Dang Titan’s Nabbed him up….. I’m fairly glad we got TJ though, he’s a pretty good kid”

• JONTRAIN

RediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

————————-

####

Word. Its pure assumption to think we coulda got something better in return, while still being in position to get who Reg wanted.

***

DJ should have said “Who??”

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    What evidence. Oh maybe your inside Reg’s head or maybe you’re a psychic. Like I said. You don’t know. Tell me who was calling Reg for a trade once the OT were of the board. Do you know when Miami even called Reg to say yes to a trade. Do you even have a link to help your point? How in the world do you know Hayden will be a bust.

• morilla

It’s like a nursery in here with a bunch of crying babies. Or a old folks home with a bunch of senile old fogies yelling about their pudding being chocolate instead of tapioca.

Send in you resumes to HQ. I’m sure they would love to have you.

• Dakota

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:48 pm
    John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4h

Retweeted 95 times
    ++++++++++

Cool, I would take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round….punt returner baby!

this 1st rounder pick is MUCH better than last year’s !!

• Football Coach

realtruraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Put me down for Moore with the 42nd pick

All the guy did was produce sacks, pressure’s the QB and had a ton of tackles.

We have his old Dline coach and DA obviously has ties to A&M, I know there are some character concerns but I think he has good football character, watching his tape he plays hard every down and looks to give it his all while on the field. I’m sure his old coach is in Reggie’s ear and pushing to draft him if still there at 42 and it would be a great pick imo

***************************************

If the Raiders get him in the 3rd round I will be happy. 42 is too early.

• JONTRAIN

SnBG Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

#####

Whoa whoa whoa…slow down there fella. Ur making too much sense for this blog.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Todd McShay on DJ HAYDEN last night. Likes the pick

—————————–

So thats both McShay and Matt Mayock who likes the Oakland Raiders pick. Mayock last night said hayden was number 1 corner on his board and liked how Raiders got a 2nd pick

Another guy from scouts inc.. said hayden is a game changer and can change the dynamic of a game with his ball skills

• Dakota

theghostronin79 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    Dakota Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Thanks Reggie for the free second round pick.

…Otherwise we’d have nothing to argue about today!!
    +++++++++

I thought that craziness was gone from here.

=============

He ain’t gonna say

++++++++++

I hope your are right.

• Football Coach

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

***

DJ should have said “Who??”

*****************************************

LOL, agreed!

• Plunketthead

The chronic badger will get back to you when he is done playing video games and getting his pedicure

• willy91137

next year at this time you’ll know how good the pics were

so why do you get on here now and thank you no it all

Reggie did not get fleeced he got us a number 10 pick in the second round

he could’ve told Miami the stick it and drafted Haden with the third pick

you guys will always screaming your freaking heads off because Reggie didn’t get a second round pick

you watch tonight he’ll get that fifth-round pick back to some people on here

are so full of ship 134 DAYS AND and we will know the truth

• Football Coach

rediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Aig-Raiders Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    college production is very important. But to take that college production to the next level, you also need to have some of the measurables. John Butler was a pretty GM and talent evaluator and he always asked for production at the end of the day. Mike Mitchell had all the measurables but no college production. I’d take college production over measurables but prefer both.
    —————————
    I agree with you, with the exception of pass rushers. If you look up the best pass rushers (Watt, Matthews, Ware, Aldon etc.) in the NFL and look at their college production you will be underwhelmed by many of them. If you look at the best college pass rushers you will find that usually only the freak athletes among them reach high levels at the NFL.

**************************************************

YEP, all the best edge rushers in the NFL are standout elite athletes.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

————————–

DJ haydens family at his draft house

2013 1st rounder vs 2012 1st rounder:

22yo DJ Hayden > 33yo Carson Palmer

• JONTRAIN

Hayden has something that all of us have been absolutely SCREAMING for for a long time: Ball Skills. He can find the ball in the air and make a play better than anybody else in the draft.

I wanted a pick in the trenches. But I’m not gonna cry just cause Reg got arguably the best CB in the draft, instead of what Jon Train in ATL wanted.

• Football Coach

I like Honey Badger as a player, but thinking of the proximity to Oaksterdam is not a thought that leads to visions of staying clean and focused.

• SnBG

Football Coach Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Put me down for Moore with the 42nd pick

All the guy did was produce sacks, pressure’s the QB and had a ton of tackles.

***************************************

If the Raiders get him in the 3rd round I will be happy. 42 is too early.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I don’t know, I think Moore is going in the 2nd.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I trust matt mayock out of all these clowns.

Mayock had DJ hayden as his number 1 corner.. His ball skill thorugh the roof.

Reggie said as soon as he turned on the tape he could tell he could cover and play the ball. Who is the last CB we had that can actually play the ball?? CWOOD? ASO maybe…they never threw it to him

the Honey Badger belongs in Cincy with all the other crackhead players..

• willy91137

Defensive lineman more often than not are a bust and the reason why

because GM’s look at the tape absolute stud in college but the pros are different story

so you have to know if the guy can put on more weight get stronger

you get a 20-year-old kid that’s still growing you don’t know what you’re going to get

• eastoaklandraider

lefty12 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

——

I always said he was too light in the ass, same can be said for Mingo.

• http://www.raiders.com Silverandblack666

“Whoa whoa whoa…slow down there fella. Ur making too much sense for this blog.”

Not only is this half tard myopic is is suckling the sack of some poster in here. LOL

Take your mouth off the shaft and stop typing guy!

• rediaR

JONTRAIN Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    ——————–
    I’m just gonna leave that hanging.