History suggests Raiders can get standout player at No. 42

By Steve Corkran
Friday, April 26th, 2013 at 1:24 pm in Oakland Raiders.

If recent history means anything, the Raiders stand a pretty good chance of finding a productive player at No. 42, with the second round pick they acquired from the Miami Dolphins on Thursday. Here’s a look at the players selected at No. 42 in the past 10 NFL drafts:

2003 – FS Ken Hamlin, Seattle Seahawks

April 26th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Football Coach Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Put me down for Moore with the 42nd pick

All the guy did was produce sacks, pressure’s the QB and had a ton of tackles.

We have his old Dline coach and DA obviously has ties to A&M, I know there are some character concerns but I think he has good football character, watching his tape he plays hard every down and looks to give it his all while on the field. I’m sure his old coach is in Reggie’s ear and pushing to draft him if still there at 42 and it would be a great pick imo

***************************************

If the Raiders get him in the 3rd round I will be happy. 42 is too early.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I don’t know, I think Moore is going in the 2nd.

*********************************************

Fine by me. I would not take him at 42. Definitely productive but lacks NFL caliber pass rush skills and traits. Character and maturity concerns, was slow and weak in his offseason work outs. 3rd rounder would be good based on production, but too many issues to pick up at 42.

• http://www.raiders.com Silverandblack666

“the Honey Badger belongs in Cincy with all the other crackhead players..”

LMFAO good one RR!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

JLofty Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Reggie for the free second round pick.

…Otherwise we’d have nothing to argue about today!!
    =====================================================

Trading back. Along with 3rd #3. It’s Reggietime!

• Football Coach

By “fine by me” I mean, fine by me if another team takes him between 43 and 65.

• eastoaklandraider

Dakota Spurs in 4. How funny is that.

• rediaR

#101
    Couldn’t agree more.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Ya Raiders dont neeed that mess Tyrann is gonna bring.

once he gets some money he is gonna be back to the party lifestylfe.. another rolando maybe… but the guy was hooked on pot

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit
  • JONTRAIN

Silverandblack666 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    “Whoa whoa whoa…slow down there fella. Ur making too much sense for this blog.”

Not only is this half tard myopic is is suckling the sack of some poster in here. LOL

Take your mouth off the shaft and stop typing guy!

#####

Don’t be mad cuz you can not back up anything you’ve said with any evidence whatsoever. Just continue to talk out of your azz without even an attempt to provide proof for your opinions.

• willy91137

The only problem I can see you with Hayden is he willing take hard hits mentally that’s the problem

he’s fast he could be an inch taller wouldn’t hurt in

the Raiders have always been known for their cornerbacks and we have had some of the best

let’s hope this is another one

• lefty12

BTW,thanks Irjonny.

Spurs in 4. How funny is that

***

this!!

• Dakota

eastoaklandraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    Dakota Spurs in 4. How funny is that.
    _______

Are the Lakers losing? I stopped caring when Paris shot Kobe in the Achilles.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

he is talking about it right now.. said he is ready to get back on the field.. after the first game it will be nothing

• irjonny
  • Football Coach

DJ HAYDEN WELCOME TO RAIDER NATION BROTHER!! GO OUT AND LOCK IT DOWN!!

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Good point about the head issues but I think he can be a beast. I’m not sold on him either, just saying he will go in the 2nd. I’ll think about this post to see if you called it. Excellent call if your right.

• aig-raiders

Redia R,
    Good points on those DEs.

• nwr8r

interesting….. Hayes, Haynes….Hayden? One could only hope

• lefty12

The kid knows his Raider history concerning DBs mentioning Hayes,Haynes.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

JONTRAIN Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    Hayden on whether he talked to Houston alum and former Raider CB Stanford Routt: “I can’t say that I have. I actually haven’t talked to Stanford Routt.”

I like this guy.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

• Dakota

oh boy….he said God!

• eastoaklandraider

I will feel better about the Hayden pick if RM goes trenchmen with the 2nd and 3rd or if Hayden proves to be just as good or better than the other Hayden(Joe).

• realtruraider

After watching some tape amd doing some research I like Bennie Logan, Mayock had him 62 out of his 100 best players, at this point he is the 3rd best DT available according to Mayock.

If he is there in the 3rd that would be a good pick, but schit Reggie might take him at 42 and I wouldn’t be mad at all with that pick

• aig-raiders

Hayden seems lie a really mature and good kid with measurables and production to match. Probowl baby.

• SnBG

Willy91137 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

he’s fast he could be an inch taller wouldn’t hurt in

let’s hope this is another one
    …………………..
    He’s about Revis’s size, yes? Good points but I really don’t want him taking hits. Just cover, shut the WR’s down and get some pick 6′s and I’ll be happy.

• Dan78

nwr8r Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    interesting….. Hayes, Haynes….Hayden? One could only hope
    ****
    Had the same thought

• aig-raiders

He’s a brother from the South. Of course they quote God. Lived there and that’s part of the culture.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Haydens former coach was on 95.7 game said Hayden takes away one half of the field.. he has the ability to lock down the field like that

• Irish Boozer

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    I trust matt mayock out of all these clowns.
    ————————————
    You trust a guy, and you don’t even know his name? It’s Mike Mayock, buddy.

• jesusraiderjim

rediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    J.Dukes also has to learn that college production is mostly meaningless when it comes to pass rushing. Does he have the speed, quickness, strength and agility to get by the best OTs and to the best QBs in only a couple seconds? That is the biggest question.

—————————————

Actually on The Herd today a gut just wrote a book and did a study that the exact opposite is true. Production in college corellates to production at the next level. sorry thanks for playing. J/K

• PlunkforHOF

Cris Carter on BSPN called Hayden the best pick of the 1st round, for whatever thats worth.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

You trust a guy, and you don’t even know his name? It’s Mike Mayock, buddy.

——————-

auto correct pal.. bfd

• irjonny

watching the hayden presser. best thing i’ve heard so far from him: “i haven’t slept”

whew!!! i couldn’t tell if he was tired or stupid. lol he’s sayin some crazy talk

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

and ya I trust him.. You must be mad the Mayock has him number 1.. waters down your anti reggie argument. SOrry come again

• McFaddens_Sneakers

PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:11 pm
    —–
    Wow! thats a first, carter is a hater for the most part.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

—————————-
    Thats worth alot.. Remember how he dissed DHB and the Raiders in general

Former hall of fame WR who lives in Texas

• nwr8r

PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

*************************

Interesting. Carter usually bashes the Raiders any chance he gets

• Irish Boozer

yeah sure, auto correct changed Mike to matt….admit it, you didn’t even know his name.

• nwr8r

Damn, they switched to the niners press conference in the middle of Haydens….

• McFaddens_Sneakers
  • McFaddens_Sneakers

Live now

• willy91137

silver and black 666 let the honey badger go to cince smoke dope skip rope

• inonewordraider

before the season last year carter said dhb would be the breakout offensive player in the nfl

hope he’s right about his prediction this time around

definitely a first for ANYONE to say that about Oakland

• rediaR

Jesusraiderjim Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:11 pm
    rediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

—————————————

————————–
    Every other position.

• Dakota

Lol, do you see yourself starting? No dude, I see myself playing special teams and riding the pine.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

———————-

dont be mad alot of these guys like the Raiders pick. Its ok pal. Come again. Weak argument. INVALID. NO GO.

• realtruraider

PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

—————————————

When did he say that? I have ESPN on but not paying attention, I would like to rewind it if you could give a guess how long ago he said it

• McFaddens_Sneakers

Just finished deam, How long before Cork post the transcript…. tic toc…. tic toc…

• irjonny