Raiders snag LB in third round

By Steve Corkran
Friday, April 26th, 2013 at 7:14 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders selected Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore with their third-round draft pick, No. 66 overall.

Moore, 6-foot-1, 245 pounds, was a three-year starter for UConn with 274 tackles, including 43 for losses.

A participant in the Senior Bowl, where the Raiders staff coached one of the teams, Moore told reporters at the NFL scouting combine he thought the experience benefited him in terms of competing against the best college players.

“I had very little time to really make my case, so the first thing I wanted to do once I got out there was to make sure that I showed guys that I’m here and a good ballplayer,” Moore said. “I felt like I got overlooked, but I was glad to have the opportunity and show guys what I’m able to do against top-tier talent. It was an honor as well as a challenge.”

Moore described his playing style to reporters at the NFL scouting combine:

“When I go out and play football, I play (angry). I play with a passion to win and the passion to give everything I have to my teammates.”

Moore joins a crowded group of linebackers along with returnee Miles Burris and free agent signees Nick Roach, Kevin Burnett and Kaluka Maiava.

• Raider_D

• RaidingTexas

Think they go QB in the 4th tomorrow? We’re 7 picks away.

Landry Jones?

• r8eray

Another post?

• rediaR

Good pick.

• M.Shorter

Moore and Hayden will make some noise this year. Their huge playmakers

• irjonny

silly dolphins, youre stupid

• Marks hair

Phillip Thomas

• Raider E

We are going 3-4 with sims in the middle ,Gentlemen.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

I tip Barkley here for Texans

• RaidingTexas

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL 6m

• The_Judge37

1082.Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

1057.Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    Apparantly. I have to slaughter a pig tomorrow morning. Any tips?

Long, sharp knife.

=====================================================

I watched a couple and I think you’re right.

Yep, right behind the front arm pits of the Pig.
    And with evert stab you have to say, “This is fa Cheap Times! Fa Cheap Times!”

• rediaR

Marks Hair Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:18 pm
    Phillip Thomas
    ————–
    Top of my list right now.

• inonewordraider
  • Raider E

Burris-Roach-Burnett-Moore

3-4 baby. book it.

Walker-Sims-Houston

• M.Shorter

Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

• RaidingTexas

Inonewordraider Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:20 pm

———————————————-

He’s a City fan? Oh man, he’s already got one strike with me.

• M.Shorter

Experts seem to like our picks. Movin on uppp

• Raider E

Reggie has picked some agressive football players. We are going back to the days of, “11 angry men.”

I love these picks….

• Marks hair

2 hawks in the secondary could win some games for us. takeaways=wins

• rediaR

I was really hoping KC would take Barkley there.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

==========

They haven’t played a down yet. BTW, I love how we take the fastest CB in the draft & a huge “project” in the 2nd round with little football experience, who also comes from a rough neighborhood and this is the ‘New Era’ LOL!

He looked even better than Mike Mitchell in his Hightlight reel

———————–

Mitchell never looked good. come again

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 2m

Sio Moore “Oakland #Raiders got the best linebacker in the draft, I don’t care who went before me”

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Todd Mcshay DAMONTRE MOORE has serious work ethic questions.. and he takes plays off

said NYC is not a good city for him. PASS. we dont need any more players like that

and watching film on WATSON that RT is a ROAD flattner.. he was demolishing MIAMI LINEBACKERS.. like literally running them over. WATSON is gonna meet TE’O

Sio Moore is no project.

Hayden is a lock down corner.. so one project?

• DA supporter

Go Reggie, GO!

lets see what kinda mustard da likes to slurp on.

• Raider E

Sio has got the Raider attitude.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 7h

Day 2 News/Notes up: Chicago Bears & Baltimore Ravens looking hard at Sio Moore/LB/UConn: http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7037

———————

Gotttt heeeem

Sio Moore tweeted about 5 mins before Raiders took him

Sio Moore ‏@MrUconn3 35m

Exactly why I play with a chip on my shoulder and never let it go…

• ron69

I got a feeling the Jags taking Phillip Thomas at 98, but i’ll be a happy camper with Franklin at 100 duh.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

No way is SIO MOORE burris.. SIO MOORE is better then burris.. and it i like burris

Mel Kiper couldnt believe SIO was still sitting there… can rush the passer..can cover the slot.. can play linebacker..

Todd Mcshay said years later ppl will be looking back wondering how SIO lasted till 3rd round.

He kinda reminds me of Elvis Dummervil when rushing the passer

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

not to flashy of a draft but hopefully they all pan out.

• M.Shorter

So every troll on this blogs are 9er fans right?

• Just Win Baby

How many picks do we have tomorrow?

xraided Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    YEA BABY!!! SIO MOORE.. I had to have this dude.. after the senior bowl i was campaigning for the KID.. THE GUY is an animal.

Says he plays angry!! I said you must get SIO MOORE whatever u do… yessir!!

__________________

awesome blossom!

yea looking at his tape, guy is an animal.

—————

Will be a Raider favorite easily

• M.Shorter

James Trapp your a fugin joke

Tyvon Branch ‏@tyvonbranch 2m

I’m happy we got @MrUconn3 because he from uconn but I’m happier because he a beast!!!

• RaidingTexas

Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    How many picks do we have tomorrow?

————————————

I believe five:

one 4th
    three 6th
    one 7th

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 20m

Award for most entertaining #NFLDraft interview goes to new @RAIDERS LB Sio Moore @MrUconn3! #RaidersNation #swagger http://bit.ly/121Y33S

Retweeted by OAKLAND RAIDERS

• rediaR

Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    How many picks do we have tomorrow?
    ——–
    4th
    Two 6ths
    7th

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

==========

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He’s not a HUGE project. He’s given up one sack in his LIFE! He needs work, for sure, but if you read on this guy at all you would know he’s overcome everything he’s ever been faced with, and learned everything he knows so far about football LIGHTENING fast. This guy has character. This guy has desire. Just like Hayden. Just like Moore. This is NOTHING like the AD BS of the past. These guys r FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Get on board or GTFO!!!

RaidersBeat ‏@RaidersBeat 36m

“No one will outwork me” – Raiders 3rd round pick, Sio Moore. McKenzie’s going to love that attitude.

• M.Shorter

By draft grade this best draft for us in awhile.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 37m

Sio Moore not happy he didn’t get picked until 3rd round and “the #Raiders are getting a pissed-off linebacker. No one will out-work me.”

• Just Win Baby

What an incredible upgrade our LB corps will be over last year/

• rediaR

3 6ths

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

RediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    How many picks do we have tomorrow?
    ——–
    4th
    Two 6ths
    7th

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Compensatory 5th?

• DA supporter

Reggie done gooooood!

DA needs to mustard it up now, no droolin, just raw assed mustard.

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

RediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:35 pm
    3 6ths

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We traded one of the 6ths. Can’t remember for what, bit we definitely traded one of them a few weeks ago.

• Just Win Baby

rediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    How many picks do we have tomorrow?
    ——–