Raiders snag LB in third round

The Raiders selected Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore with their third-round draft pick, No. 66 overall.

Moore, 6-foot-1, 245 pounds, was a three-year starter for UConn with 274 tackles, including 43 for losses.

A participant in the Senior Bowl, where the Raiders staff coached one of the teams, Moore told reporters at the NFL scouting combine he thought the experience benefited him in terms of competing against the best college players.

“I had very little time to really make my case, so the first thing I wanted to do once I got out there was to make sure that I showed guys that I’m here and a good ballplayer,” Moore said. “I felt like I got overlooked, but I was glad to have the opportunity and show guys what I’m able to do against top-tier talent. It was an honor as well as a challenge.”

Moore described his playing style to reporters at the NFL scouting combine:

“When I go out and play football, I play (angry). I play with a passion to win and the passion to give everything I have to my teammates.”

Moore joins a crowded group of linebackers along with returnee Miles Burris and free agent signees Nick Roach, Kevin Burnett and Kaluka Maiava.

Steve Corkran

• DA supporter

If DA cant coach these guys up and put some W’s up, hes fckn gone. Reggie will boot him upside his backside.

• RaidingTexas

RediaR Says:

4th
    Two 6ths
    7th

——————————

We have three 6ths – 172, 176 and 205 overall.

• Raider E

GO WARRIORS!!!!

• DA supporter

Reggie done a goood job today.

• rediaR

0ak R8rs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:36 pm
    RediaR Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:35 pm
    3 6ths

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We traded one of the 6ths. Can’t remember for what, bit we definitely traded one of them a few weeks ago.
    —————
    Traded for one.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Sio Says

1. Im gonna bring it

2. Im gonna be a leader

3. tarver knows they got the best linebacker

4. So glad im going to Oakland Raiders.. I PLAY WITH A CHIP on my shoulder.. I got an avlanche i play with..it keeps me going. I dont care what school you came from Im gonna straight bring it “

• Just Win Baby

I’m hungry for some Chinese food.

• dr ice 2012

guys i grew up in east hartfordct home of what we call the rent uconns stadium. im a season ticket holder seen moore play a ton this dude is a beast great pick,but who the hell is gonna play dline ?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Watching the TAPE im really impressed with our RT from FLORIDA STATE.. he plays with a mean streak.

Suited for the Power run game

Soprano gonna coach this kid up

• SilverLining20

1057.Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    Apparantly. I have to slaughter a pig tomorrow morning. Any tips?
    —-
    Get him while he’s off duty.
    Preferably in the dark, where there are no cameras.

• JT

We pick #3 round 4, and theres these gems available:

DT Jesse Williams
    DE Alex Okafor
    RB Johnathan Franklin

• r8eray

RaidingTexas Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:19 pm
    SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL 6m

========

Dude’s swagger reminds alot of Ron Artest!

Ok…I’m kinda digging him.

• Just Win Baby

SilverLining20 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:40 pm
    1057.Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    Apparantly. I have to slaughter a pig tomorrow morning. Any tips?
    —-
    Get him while he’s off duty.
    Preferably in the dark, where there are no cameras.
    ==================

Oh, man. I am LMFAO

• rediaR

Sio is certainly not lacking in confidence.

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

RaidingTexas Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:37 pm
    RediaR Says:

4th
    Two 6ths
    7th

——————————

We have three 6ths – 172, 176 and 205 overall.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yea. Picked up a 3rd 6th when we swapped our 7th in the Palmer deal. But I thought we gave up one of those 6ths for something. Guess I’m wrong.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

0ak R8rs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

==========

They haven’t played a down yet. BTW, I love how we take the fastest CB in the draft & a huge “project” in the 2nd round with little football experience, who also comes from a rough neighborhood and this is the ‘New Era’ LOL!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He’s not a HUGE project. He’s given up one sack in his LIFE! He needs work, for sure, but if you read on this guy at all you would know he’s overcome everything he’s ever been faced with, and learned everything he knows so far about football LIGHTENING fast. This guy has character. This guy has desire. Just like Hayden. Just like Moore. This is NOTHING like the AD BS of the past. These guys r FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Get on board or GTFO!!!

===========

Bullsh!t, those first 2 picks were total “Al” picks. I’m not ripping either one, I’m just pointing out the double standard that exists.

• ESETERIK78

Peyton Manning, meet Sio Moore. SI-CO

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

SIO is the EXACT OPPOSITE of ROMAC

IM GONNA WORK

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:32 pm
    James Trapp your a fugin joke

==========

OK sheeple

• Just Win Baby

Cool, 3 picks in the sixth rd might turn out one decent back-up out of the whole bunch. Would probably have better luck getting some decent OL or a sleeper RB with those guys.

• ESETERIK78

66.The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:42 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

==========

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

===========

=============

I think AL would’ve taken a big beast d lineman. He always said the qb must go down, and he must go down hard. They still need somebody, really surprised they added to the secondary first.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

DA says the like WATSON .. played at high level at Florida state

has good feet.. was a boxer.. gets a good punch of lineman.. They seen him play college football at a high level… they had him rated very high on their board he was there and they took him

• rediaR

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:42 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

==========

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

===========

—————–
    Well then this would have been one of those years where Al and scouts agree.

• rediaR

Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:45 pm
    —————
    I’m rooting for TE Ryan Otten and RB Miguel Maysonett in the sixth.

• mistic666

SIO IS A GENIUS. PICK.and I have skiddies on my underwear

• dr ice 2012

Sio is a hell of a football player watch and see ive seen it firsthand and yes does have a swagger

• mistic666

3 picks and 3 starters. That’s an A GRADE. DRAFT BICHES

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:42 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    M.Shorter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    Best draft for the Raiders in years so far.

==========

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

===========

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In fairness, I could see Al drafting Hayden. But he would have done it w the 3rd pick, or even worse traded next years 2nd to move up to number 1 to do it. Al couldn’t draft the last 10 years of his life, he destroyed this team. Couldn’t wait for that crypt keeper to go away. So he never would have had the opportunity I get Watson. And I seriously doubt he would have taken him anyway. Probably would have taken Lacy or Landry Jones actually. And no way he gets Moore. I think we can both agree on that!

• RaidingTexas

I feel a QB pick is coming with that 4th rounder tomorrow.

• Myopinion

We have guys to rush the passer..
    Sio
    Burris
    Houston
    Id luke to see that on obvious passing downs

• Al_is_theraiders

a freakin basketball tackle lol…omg.

• Al_is_theraiders

wtf? sio is already a pro bowl
    pass rusher? lmao.

• ESETERIK78

Your name’s Oak R8rs, and you just called AL “crypt keeper”

You sir are a jag off.

• mistic666

MARY BARKLEY is the pick. Flynn TP AND MARY.holy fuk

• dr_robert

Menelik Watson is basically the OT version of ansah. Big strong and athletic. A starter now and pro bowler later.

Looks like our pass rush is coming from carter, Moore, and Burris. Didn’t that rock head b@uce tell us we were idiots to think we were gonna go 3-4?

Houston-sims-walker
    Burnett-roach-Burris-Moore
    Hayden-branch-young-porter

Defense will be so much better.

• Myopinion

I wanna see a 3/4with jenkins/georgia

• Just Win Baby

We have, without a shadow of a doubt, the ugliest front office of any team in professional sports. It’s just embarrassing.

• dr ice 2012

we need some dline that got to be adressed next

• shutdown

I guess from what I heard that the local sports’ guys call Sio not a linebacker but a “football PLAYER.”

‘Bout time. Go, Reg! Keep ‘em comin’.

• shutdown

Watson seems to have taken to football easily. Within a year, he’s not only a starter, but a good one.

• ESETERIK78

87.Just Win Baby Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

========================

Ugly people are good at sports.

• da trinity

“Kill’em all and let the paramedics sort them out”
    -Sio Moore

• shutdown

From what I’ve read, Watson is so talented that even some quirks in technique he hasn’t learned yet still didn’t keep him from dominating opponents.

I think Sparano wanted him—badly!

• 1960AutumnWind

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 20m

Award for most entertaining #NFLDraft interview goes to new @RAIDERS LB Sio Moore @MrUconn3! #RaidersNation #swagger http://bit.ly/121Y33S

Retweeted by OAKLAND RAIDERS
    *************************************
    Wow the more I read about this the better I feel about this pick. How on earth did this guy end up in the 3rd round???? It reminds me of the time we drafted Bo. I mean everyone was sitting around looking at each other going – why didn’t I think of that. I mean this is what Maimi was looking for when they drafted Jordan except this guy actually has a body of work unlike Jordan.

• mistic666

Wooo. I feel turtle head popping out. Better drop a duece

• Myopinion

I like the boxing and basketball for him
    Von miller would just dance by barnes.

• Just Win Baby

Ugly people usually seem to be really good at keeping houseplants too. It’s almost like some kind of therapy for being just godforsaken ugly.

• DA supporter

hope these picks make da a better coach.

• shutdown

All comparisons to Bruce Campbell are way off the mark. This isn’t a “work-out warrior” but a guy who dominated even though he was new to the game and the position.

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

ESETERIK78 Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:52 pm
    Your name’s Oak R8rs, and you just called AL “crypt keeper”

You sir are a jag off.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yea. That’s my license plate actually. And the crypt keeper destroyed this team. Made us the laughing stock of the league. Handed out contracts so ridiculous that our deals were excluded from collective bargaining agreements. I give him all the credit in the world for the teams of the 70s and 80s. Been a HUGE fan for almost 40 years now. But he spent the last 10 years of his life FACKING this team. Terrible drafts. Ridiculous contracts. No stability or direction. A COMPLETE FACKING JOKE!!! So am I somewhat disrespectful and bitter? Sure. But no more than he disrespected my loyalty over the last 15 years by pissing all over everything. I’m glad he’s gone. I’m not glad he’s dead. But if it was the only way he was gonna get away from this team, then I’ll take it.