Here comes another tight end prospect for Raiders

By Steve Corkran
Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at 1:35 pm in Oakland Raiders.

For the second time in three picks Saturday, the Raiders selected a tight end. This time, they went with Tennessee’s Mychal Rivera, a 6-foot-3, 242-pounder.
He caught 36 passes for 562 yards and five touchdown his senior season at Tennessee. He first played collegiately at Oregon before transferring to College of the Canyons and, ultimately, Tennessee.
Earlier, the Raiders drafted tight end Nick Kasa out of Colorado. This makes sense, given the Raiders lost leading receiver Brandon Myers to the New York Giants in free agency.
The book on Rivera is that he has good hands and athleticism, but he lacks size, speed and great blocking skills.

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

There goes theo riddick.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Dayum .. mychal rivera sister has 1 million twitter followers

• severeraiderz

Taiwan should have been given a legit shot at RB

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Nickayla Rivera ‏@NickaylaRivera 36m

Congratulations to my big bro @MychalRivera!! Drafted to the Oakland Raiders!! So proud of you! #RaiderNation

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Mychal Rivera ‏@MychalRivera 38m

Raider Nation!!!

Retweeted by Naya Rivera

• JT

Reggie Mckenzie, GM of the raiders, NFL draft grade.

A

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

And Kapron Lewis Moore. Was really hoping for some ND grads. Maybe Motta.

• jesusraiderjim

Someone should trade mark RaiderNation It can be done, one of the semis needs to di this. I am just an IDEA man.

• itzSteve

Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN 46m
    #Raiders select Tennessee TE #MychalRivera with 184th pick of #NFLDraft. His sister is “Santana” on Glee…

Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN 43m
    Talked to @MychalRivera at #SeniorBowl and said teams asked about his sis. “They all want to know how I got ugly and she got pretty.”

• RaidingTexas

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:12 pm
    Dayum .. mychal rivera sister has 1 million twitter followers

————————————-

She’s on that show Glee.

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

Severeraiderz Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    Taiwan should have been given a legit shot at RB

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He runs straight up. Someone would have taken his head off soon enough. DA did him an his family a favor by benching him last year. Looking forward to see what he can do at corner back tho.

• CDERaider

PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Why does it piss me off when I see another NFL team claiming “nation” status? Just saw a hashtag from Barkley to “#eaglesnation”. THERE IS NO SUCH FVCKING THING!

—————————

Another example of stealing our mojo – just like our shield, the fans costumes, and uniforms.. the Jags have black uni’s for krists sake…

There’s only one real Nation.

• PlunkforHOF

There is only one Nation.

• PilagingJustForFun

I expect a load of nice UDFAs! We went to everyone school

• Thec

0ak R8rs Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    Irish Boozer Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:06 pm
    ———————–
    I know. I don’t like it either. Every team steals that from us.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yea. Makes me sick. I live in PA. There is a show called Jets Nation now on the FAN. Friggin BS. SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TRADEMARKED THAT SHlT!!!

++++++++=

What other sports franchise can you use the word “NATION” only, and everyone knows who you are talking about.

You do not even have to say Raiders, just say NATION, and everyone knows you are talking about the Raids.

Like for Instance, who did the NATION pick today????

You guys know the truth, only 1 NATION exist.

• rediaR

CDERaider Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

—————————

There’s only one real Nation.
    —————-
    The Aryan Nation?

• PurpleDrank81

Hey Guys,

I really want to but a Hayden and a Murray Jersey but the last Jersey I bought was an Authentic Schilens Jersey, I was a huge Schilens Fan in College but it seemed as soon as I bought his Jersey he couldnt stay healthy. Now this mite sound stupid but Im paranoid that if I buy there jersey they might have the Schilens Curse. So do I take a chance and buy the Jersey’s or just stick to my Throwbacks

• kuhlest

Da’Rick Rogers wr still available?

• JT

Wiz at C, he should be a guard. We didnt address C. Need a C and a Guard.

• Myopinion

sio
    Latavious
    Dj
    menelique
    4new favorites,meant ti be special when ur first name is your nickname

• rediaR

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    Hey Guys,

——————–
    Get a Von Miller Jersey please.

• RaidingTexas

Coupla decent safeties left:

Jefferson, Tony FS 5’11″ 213 Oklahoma 73.2

Motta, Zeke SS 6’2″ 213 Notre Dame 71.2

• lefty12

Severeraiderz Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    Taiwan should have been given a legit shot at RB
    ================================

How do you know he wasn’t in practices.

• dr_robert

Still got cierre wood, zeke motta, and Braxton cave.

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

Thec Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    Irish Boozer Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    PlunkforHOF Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:06 pm
    ———————–
    I know. I don’t like it either. Every team steals that from us.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

++++++++=

Like for Instance, who did the NATION pick today????

You guys know the truth, only 1 NATION exist.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not here in PA. It’s being diluted very fast. Soon every NFL team and their fan base will be called Nation. About 10 of them are already. And they r all farking unoriginal thieves.

• Thec

Motta would be a solid special teamer

• dr_robert

Same excuses paraded out for Pryor, ausberry, and Taiwan.

Show me or blow me.

• lefty12

Showing the Teo press conference.Who gives a sh!t,unless you are a SD fan?

• itzSteve

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m
    Rivera said he increased bench reps from 17 to 21 at Tennessee pro day and told Reggie McKenzie, “I’m not a weak player!” McKenzie laughed

• PilagingJustForFun

The President shouldn’t say United Nation without asking Us first!!!

• PurpleDrank81

Just to let every1 know Im the President of the Latavius Murray Fan Club….. Let me know if you want in

• itzSteve

Latavius Murray just became my sleeper RB in the next fantasy draft for when DMac goes down…

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

Did Barrett jones go yet? I’d like to have him, put Wiz at guard.

• RaiderRetribution

All four of our TEs are 6th rounders if I recall.

• 1960AutumnWind

I am starting to wonder about this grading thing on CBS. Minny just picked an OG from UCLA that had like a 4th round grade and they were giving that a C??? If looking at value that is at least a B.

• rediaR

0ak R8rs Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    Did Barrett jones go yet? I’d like to have him, put Wiz at guard.
    ——————-
    He went in the 4th right after we took Wilson.

• rediaR

Aus was a 7th

• PilagingJustForFun

Did Patton go??WR

• http://www.redfrognetworks.com 0ak r8rs

RediaR Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:24 pm
    0ak R8rs Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    Did Barrett jones go yet? I’d like to have him, put Wiz at guard.
    ——————-
    He went in the 4th right after we took Wilson.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ah. I was coaching kids soccer game. Missed half of the 4th and all of the 5th round. Pretty good timing actually. Haha. And we won 11 to 1!

• Plunketthead

Why do we have a UDFA advantage?
    Because of seeing them at the SB?

• severeraiderz

Palmer said he wanted to see Taiwan play and that he made amazing plays all the time in practice

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

RaidersBeat ‏@RaidersBeat 23m

RT @JonY75: @RaidersBeat Marcel Reece, Desmond Bryant, Tommy Kelly were UFA. Can definitely find guys esp in 7 round era

• tonedeezy

• itzSteve

and the next pick is…

Stacy McGee DT Oklahoma

• 8RaiderReign8

Its a DT… Stacy Mcgee

• mistic666

Wilson. Makes TP enpendable. TOILET Paper. Is getting flushed.can’t. Have 3 rookie QBs

• tonedeezy