1,350

Raiders sign familiar kicker

Sebastian Janikowski is the longest-tenured Raider now that punter Shane Lechler is gone. His job is as secure as anyone on the roster, given his experience and sustained success during his 13-year NFL career.
Given that, not much should be made of the Raiders re-signing kicker Eddy Carmona on Tuesday. It’s standard practice for most teams to bring two kickers to camp as a means of lightening the load of the main kicker, as well as providing insurance in case the main guy gets injured.
Carmona kicked well for the Raiders during training camp last season and in exhibition games. Predictably, he was waived at the end of camp.
What was suprising is that no other team signed Carmona. He did not kick in a regular-season game last season.

Steve Corkran

• SnBG

RediaR Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:03 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    I think if we run a 4-3:

Carter, Sims, Houston, Walker
    Burnett, Roach, Burris

Moore as either 3rd down End or LB.
    ————————-
    Houston isn’t moving inside on a regular basis. Other than that I think you have it about right. I wouldn’t lock Burris into that spot though.

There will be plenty of rotation.’
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I would say that the Dline in a 43 is suspect.Carter was a legit pass rusher but I think coming of the edge every down will wear him out. We brought in Lb’s this year so I don’t see those guys hanging around the bench waiting for the team to play a 34 We have 4 good Backers now and one good backup along with our Corners. We will play to our strengths.

• DMAC

The_Judge37 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Sorry, I was in Bible text mode. I meant C-Dub
    ======

You still think he has something left in the tank?
    ——

At FS, yes. And who better to show Hayden how to be a Raiders CB and stay away from the Bay Night Life.
    =======

Wouldn’t mind him at FS either.
    Wonder if he would like to end his successful career, where it all started?

• ESETERIK78

The_Judge37 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm
    Sorry, I was in Bible text mode. I meant C-Dub
    ======

You still think he has something left in the tank?
    ——

===================

I’m not the least bit worried about Hayden. I highly doubt he’s going to be out there putting himself in bad situations. This kid is on a mission.

• dr_robert

Lol. Missdick has a lid of every guy he can claim is gay (true or not) and calls them oppressors.

But gay black people are victims of the white culture.

Basically:

White people always wrong. No innocents.

Black people never wrong. Always victims of white people.

What a zealous jack azz.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    Prop 19 didn’t pass

You don’t see me all butt hurt and schit

Still smokin
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah but it’s illegal unless you have a card/ approval.
    They decided you can smoke cigarets and drink alcohol (worse than weed in terms of costs, health issues, etc), but you can’t smoke weed because the majority don’t approve. You think that’s OK?

• The_Judge37

—–

If Moore can fill in as our Rush End, then we don’t need to save Carter. I agree compared to the line, we’re much better at LB. But i just fear the transition for so many 4-3 LB’s. Maiva and Burnett have 3-4 experience but that doesn’t mean they were any good at it.

I haven’t seen enough of Sims & Walker to sell me that they are starters in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

most people project them there though, I guess due to lack of options?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    Raider O Says:
    No brother. I don’t vote. Why would I participate in something that I don’t agree with. Democracy is overrated. Who cares what the majority thinks if they lack knowledge and intellect?
    Democracy works when the citizens are intelligent and well informed. Do you think we are Intelligent and well informed? Do you read this BS? lol
    ====================================================

Seriously? Options?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I will let you know when I find one.

• The_Judge37

—–

We don’t know that for sure, but it still would hurt to have a mentor like Woodson around for just the Football Knowledge alone.

Besides, his 4 year hangov,.. I mean “Turf Toe” experience could be good for others too.

• aig-raiders

Gotta say the NFL draft is the best of all 4 major sports. The bad thing is we now have to wait for a gazillion days before training camp. The NFL should seriously consider a farm league to playing during this time of the year.

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:12 pm

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    Prop 19 didn’t pass

You don’t see me all butt hurt and schit

Still smokin
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah but it’s illegal unless you have a card/ approval.
    ======

The point I’m trying to make is….

Prop8 didn’t pass
    Cali residents voted on it
    If it would of passed, I wouldn’t be mad at all
    There still trying to take it to supreme court and schit

Prop19 didnt pass
    So what
    I still do what I do

Gays can do the same 2

• The_Judge37

1157.RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm

most people project them there though, I guess due to lack of options?
    ——

No choice but to see them there, it’s all we got.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    “many that oppress black people”

The only people oppressing Black people today that I know of are in South Africa.

=================

thats because you dont know much

recent homosexual oppressor of black people

jeryy sandusky”

And the point is proven once again

Really Jerry Sandusky oppressing the black man LOL

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Llama man,

I like rights and I value them but rights don’t mean democracy. You can have rights in other political systems too.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

OldOak Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 12:59 pm

oldoak?

whom did you get your estimate from let me guess white folks

they never tell the truth lol
    ————-
    Let me guess? You got your 100 MILLION DIED estimate from a black passenger?

=======================

yes black scholars have studied this and and exposed the truth

over 100 million died in the middle passage

try john h clarke for starters

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:
    Yeah but it’s illegal unless you have a card/ approval.
    ==============================================

Not true anymore in Ca. Where you live?

• RaidingTexas

Silverandblack666 Says:

Seriously a crying contest about who had it worst in history.

Because the JEEWS win every time if that is what you are arguing about.

maybe even without Hitler

——————————————

Guess that depends on how you define “worst”.

- Being pushed out of your homelands long ago. Then again being pushed out of adopted homelands. Being placed in detention camps, starved, slaughtered, used for all sorts of horrific experiments. Being terrorized from all sides in your reclaimed homeland.

- Being stolen from your homelands. Then being forced into hard labor without pay in hot, humid regions. Being beaten for even the slightest transgression, or possibly nothing at all. Having no say in your life. Being eventually freed, but still subjected to nearly a century of fear, segregation and discrimination.

Kinda hard to pick between the two. Both got raw deals.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:

yes black scholars have studied this and and exposed the truth

over 100 million died in the middle passage

try john h clarke for starter
    ======================================================

Can you add? Do the math!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:17 pm
    “Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    “many that oppress black people”

=================

thats because you dont know much

recent homosexual oppressor of black people

jeryy sandusky”

And the point is proven once again

Really Jerry Sandusky oppressing the black man LOL
    ==================

not only did he abuse them but he also pimped them out to other pedophiles in his ring.

this is called oppression

easy math

• DMAC

Man, I fk’n hope Watson can beat out false start Barnes

We shall see

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:

yes black scholars have studied this and and exposed the truth

over 100 million died in the middle passage

try john h clarke for starter
    ======================================================

Can you add? Do the math!

================

what math?

your an idiot lol

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Guess that depends on how you define “worst”.

Kinda hard to pick between the two. Both got raw deals.”

Yes but somehow I am supposed to feel even worse for the plight of the black man in America today?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

outro

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    Raider O Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:12 pm

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    Prop 19 didn’t pass

You don’t see me all butt hurt and schit

Still smokin
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah but it’s illegal unless you have a card/ approval.
    ======

The point I’m trying to make is….

Prop8 didn’t pass
    Cali residents voted on it
    If it would of passed, I wouldn’t be mad at all
    There still trying to take it to supreme court and schit

Prop19 didnt pass
    So what
    I still do what I do

Gays can do the same 2
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What?
    Comparing your right to smoke herb with their right to be married and have the same marital rights as you?
    You are a minority BFAM. You should have a better understaning of majority/ minority relationships.
    It was Native americans, Blacks, Japenese, etc…
    Today’s it’s gays, Muslims, etc…
    Tomorrow it is YOU!!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“yep he tool poor black youth and let them hang out with the college athletes and special events under the guise of doing charitable work through his foundation only to victimize them.

this is called oppression

easy math”

Yeah except all of his victims were white boys.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

And your sources, ‘the black scholars’, can’t add, either!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Llama man,

SD.

• DMAC

Damn
    All this Gay talk 2day, I forgot to give a shout out to Eddie Carmona aka baby George Lopez

New wave of kicking
    Viva la Raza!!!

• The_Judge37

——–

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    outro
    =================================

Of oourse.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Well the black man is still getting his @$$ beat by police till this day. No one is currently doing anything to the Jews.”

Its no longer a black and white issue in America now its a have and have not issue.

Look at any poor neighborhood and you will see white trash and poor Mexicans getting abused too

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    OldOak Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 12:59 pm

oldoak?

whom did you get your estimate from let me guess white folks

they never tell the truth lol
    ————-
    Let me guess? You got your 100 MILLION DIED estimate from a black passenger?

=======================

yes black scholars have studied this and and exposed the truth

over 100 million died in the middle passage

try john h clarke for starters

==========================================

That’s RIDICULOUS.

Slaves were imported from Africa (where they were sold to European slavers by rival African tribes) to America from the early 1600s to the early 1800s (importation of slaves was banned by Congress in 1808 — any American slaves after that were descendants of the slaves already here).

That’s 200 years.

In order for 100 million slaves to have died, that means 500,000 would have to have died per year.

The average slave ship held 350 or so slaves (some as few as 150-200, some as much as 600).

500,000/365.25 gives us 1,369 slaves (or the equivalent of four or five full slave ships) dying on the ocean every single day for 200 years. Hardly a profitable enterprise.

Like I said, ridiculous.

And the only two people I could find named “John H Clarke” were both white men: one a present-day flamenco guitarist and the other a long-dead Supreme Court Justice.

• The_Judge37

1178.DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Damn

New wave of kicking
    Viva la Raza!!!
    ——

*New Wave of Patadas

• RaidingTexas

The_Judge37 Says:

No one is currently doing anything to the Jews.

———————————————–

C’mon man, that’s not true.

• inonewordraider

What?
    It was Native americans, Blacks, Japenese, etc…
    Today’s it’s gays, Muslims, etc…
    Tomorrow it is YOU!!

__________
    can’t really bust his ball$ about it though when he votes and you don’t, so at least he’s trying to do something about it

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:

Llama man,

SD.
    =============================

Sorry, MT gets me going. What is SD?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:27 pm
    What?
    It was Native americans, Blacks, Japenese, etc…
    Today’s it’s gays, Muslims, etc…
    Tomorrow it is YOU!!

Viva la Raza!!!
    ——

*New Wave of Patadas
    ==========

hahahahhaha
    Thats a nice 1

Let me start using that man
    New wave of patadas
    lol

Man, hope Watson can beat out false start Barnes

***

@DMAC

I think Khalif Watson will get beat out by Bergstrom @ RT

• inonewordraider

Good point. I will STFU.
    _____
    nah it’s all good, if you don’t vote cuz of citizenship i gotta hook up for you down in huntington park cali

• rediaR

3-3-5 Nickle we’ll get used to.

Houston-Sims-Walker
    Moore-Roach-Burris
    Hayden-Jenkins-Porter
    Branch-Young

Usually at least 1 blitzer.
    Bilukudi rotates with Sims.
    Burnett rotates in at LB sometimes.
    Bass and Carter rotate in as rushers.
    McGee rotates with Houston and Walker.
    Sometimes switches to a 4-2 with a rusher coming with his hand in the dirt.

• The_Judge37

1188. Be my guest, that one is on the Kasa

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

San Diego.

• DMAC

BFAM

I used to never vote
    I would say… Fk that schit, my vote don’t mean schit anyways
    The 1st time I ever voted was when prez O was elected

If you don’t vote, you really have no say so IMO

• inonewordraider

do dmac you happy we gotta right tackle in the draft?

• Plunketthead

Johnson has told his story to women’s shelters, high schools and churches. Small groups, larger groups. He has done this for many months now, mostly unnoticed by the media or general public. He has done it without question. He has done it without a pat on the back.

His story begins not so long ago, in December 2011, when Johnson was with the Raiders. He was watching game film in the team facility when he got a text from his mother. It was three words:

“He shot her.”

• • •

The person shot was Johnson’s sister, Jennifer. She had been estranged from her boyfriend, Eugene Esters. Esters and Jennifer, police say, got into an argument in the parking lot of Jennifer’s Fort Worth, Texas, apartment complex because he wanted to see the couple’s 2½-year-old daughter. Esters shot Jennifer several times, according to police. She was transferred to a hospital and later pronounced dead.

Johnson’s mother, Della Johnson, was also shot, but survived her wounds. Esters faced charges of capital murder and attempted murder.

The trial was scheduled to begin next week but a plea agreement — reached with the approval of Chris and the family — was made with Esters. Johnson would not give details of the agreement.

“We wanted to make sure there was no chance he didn’t go to prison,” Johnson said. “We didn’t want to risk something crazy happening with a jury trial.”

It is in those moments, when a sister is shot dead, and her children are without their mother, and their father is the alleged killer, that if Johnson wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear, no one would have questioned why.

Instead, something extraordinary happened. Johnson asked for his release from the Raiders. He then took in his sister’s two children, 14-year-old Sidney and 3-year-old Solia. They joined Johnson’s children Chris Jr., Bran and Krissy.

• DMAC

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Man, hope Watson can beat out false start Barnes

***

@DMAC

I think Khalif Watson will get beat out by Bergstrom @ RT
    =======

I think Bergs stays at guard
    I really hoping Watson can be a starter for years
    Let’s see if Soprano and company have what it takes to bring out the best in him

• SilverLining20

Think The Raiders will ever open up to HBO Hard Knocks?

Are they still doing Hard Knocks after that lame season last year?

• DMAC

inonewordraider Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:30 pm

do dmac you happy we gotta right tackle in the draft?
    ========

Hell yeah, but I hope the kid can play ball
    We shall see

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

This blog has gone crazy.
    It has the post draft blues lol