Raiders sign familiar kicker

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 at 12:53 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Sebastian Janikowski is the longest-tenured Raider now that punter Shane Lechler is gone. His job is as secure as anyone on the roster, given his experience and sustained success during his 13-year NFL career.
Given that, not much should be made of the Raiders re-signing kicker Eddy Carmona on Tuesday. It’s standard practice for most teams to bring two kickers to camp as a means of lightening the load of the main kicker, as well as providing insurance in case the main guy gets injured.
Carmona kicked well for the Raiders during training camp last season and in exhibition games. Predictably, he was waived at the end of camp.
What was suprising is that no other team signed Carmona. He did not kick in a regular-season game last season.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

O, on another note, hopefully not to sore yet, I think I mentioned that my tenant has a Mini Pin, and is about to let him stud out. I have a hard time saying that, being used to larger studs. But still.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

old oak

your numbers dont take into account all of the black people that died before they even boarded any ships and that number is huge

nor does it consider the number of slave ships

nor does it consider those that died in war fighting the slavers

the transatlantic slave trade was the worst atrocity in human history perpetrated by whites against black people

documented fact deal with it

does it make you feel better to try and lower the death toll/

lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    Good point. I will STFU.
    _____
    nah it’s all good, if you don’t vote cuz of citizenship i gotta hook up for you down in huntington park cali
    $$$$$$$$$$

Born a citizen (abroad) to naturalized parents. I can vote, but I choose not to. I don’t feel comfortable voting for a prez that get funding from corps. I will exercise my right when the time is right. We are getting there IMHO.

• DMAC

Damn
    We should of traded Tonga to the Queefs for Arenas
    lol

• papertiger418

With any luck, Barnes will suffer a minor calf strain or something in pre-season and Watson can step in and learn on the fly. Let’s baptize this o-line in fire; it’s not like we have to worry about our QB situation or record this year. Bring in Bergs or Nix too!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

old oak

the slave trade wasnt profitable in the long run which is why they stopped trying to capture free people and turn them into slaves, and why they adopted the Willie lynch system in the first place

now it is the prison system

• hwnrdr

“Innocence torn from me without your shelter. Barred reality, I’m living blindly!”

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    Good point. I will STFU.
    _____
    $$$$$$$$$$

=======

In the mean time
    Put it in ur pipe and smoke it!!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Whats more off key in this blog

Politics

Religion

Civil Rights
    ======

None of the above
    Thats why it makes it the best blog

• The_Judge37

1210.Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Whats more off key in this blog

Politics

Religion

Civil Rights

Reggie Lovers

• inonewordraider

________
    u know i’m just playing with you my bro. but yeah without comprehensive campaign finance reform (which pres SAID he was for), all the candidates will be bought by corps

the lesser of evils for me, although propositions are pretty powerful in my opinion

• DMAC

$$$$$$$$$$

——-

If you’re not going to use it, What’s up Oneworld, let me get that hook up
    ========

Hook the compa up 1 time

• raidertalk

Sorry folks been out of here for last few days, but have been following the draft.

What say you that no D-linemen in the top four picks?

I thought this was a big D-line draft? (Star, Shariff, Mingo etc.).

Reggie thinking loooong term? QB in the 4th?

• The_Judge37

Hook the compa up 1 time
    —–

2 times, I got a cousin “Visiting”

• papertiger418

Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    Whats more off key in this blog

Politics

Religion

Civil Rights

———

Football, it seems.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“does it make you feel better to try and lower the death toll/

lol”

Does it make you feel better to greatly exaggerate the death toll?

“this too failed as black people revolting and destroying plantation crops forced the hand of the u.s into giving up on it all together.

now it is the prison system”

So the people in jail do not deserve to be there and in your opinion should be set free?

How about stop acting like a victim and place the blame where it belongs on the fathers shoulders for not taking care of his children…..black brown white yellow and Aliens.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You are very considerate and kind. I really appreciate that. Thank you.
    My mini pin was special (Faron means Pharaoh). I can’t get attached to another animal at this point. I miss my Faron!!!!

• DMAC

And that why I don’t do politics folks
    Don’t know much about it and don’t really care

Number 1 thing in my book is….

FAMILY 1ST!!!!

• The_Judge37

1216.raidertalk Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:42 pm

What say you that no D-linemen in the top four picks?

I thought this was a big D-line draft? (Star, Shariff, Mingo etc.).

Reggie thinking loooong term? QB in the 4th?
    ———

The Blog concensus to all 3 questions is, FRN!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL
    You People are funny.

• DMAC

And don’t call me monkey!!

I’m a certified CA grizzly bear
    Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    lol

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

Where’s the All Pro Fullback Tonga at???

LOL.. forgot about him..

• papertiger418

Raidertalk,

I think Vance Walker is going to be a bad-a$$, but even if he pans out we’ll have to battle the market for his services long term. Would have loved to get a DE with the 2nd pick, though that Brit looks like a mauler. The best part about the draft is owning players for 4 years at the least.

Still, here’s hoping that Bass player can PUT HIS PANTS

• DMAC

DennisAllensVisorHOF Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Where’s the All Pro Fullback Tonga at???

LOL.. forgot about him..
    ======

Should of traded him for Arenas
    lol

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Yahoo Sports picks the 10 worst Raider starting QBs of the last decade. Especially funny is their description of JaMarcus:

2) JaMarcus Russell, 7-18
    Blame his attitude, work ethic or recreational habits, but the fact remains Russell was a horrible NFL thrower. The 2007 first overall pick showed miniscule improvement in 25 starts as he posted numerous games with a sub-50 quarterback rating (including seven in his last season). Despite his incredibly strong arm and intimidating stature, Russell’s lack of aim and poor reads were major factors in his downfall.

• dr_robert

Btw, flynn12 (aka fangs), has been booted.

Cork told me to pass the word.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

There is too much crap in this world today to focus our attention on racial division.

If you do then they have successfully distracted you from what is really going on.

• The_Judge37

We should’ve really Kept Shaugnessy, especially if they didn’t plan on upgrading the Line at all.

• papertiger418

NFL Live showing Big Ben highlights; of course they show the Raiders game where Wallace gets that TD wide open at the back of the end zone.

If I recall, Gio was injured on the play :)

• DennisAllensVisorHOF

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    DennisAllensVisorHOF Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Where’s the All Pro Fullback Tonga at???

LOL.. forgot about him..
    ======

Should of traded him for Arenas
    lol

—-

LOL..

That was a cute time in this blog..

• DMAC

Heres a ????? for those who want to talk pigskin

Who’s the bigger QB bust?
    Russell or Marinovich?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:46 pm
    And don’t call me monkey!!

I’m a certified CA grizzly bear
    Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    lol
    $$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    I didn’t
    Still LOL

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Dr_robert Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Btw, flynn12 (aka fangs), has been booted.

Cork told me to pass the word.

=======================================

Good. Hopefully, Oakfoshow (or whatever he’s calling himself) and Hunter are next.

• Marks hair

post draft talk sucks balls around here sometimes

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Heres a ????? for those who want to talk pigskin

Who’s the bigger QB bust?
    Russell or Marinovich?

========================================

Russell. Marinovich played well until he lost the internal drive and decided he liked heroin better than football. JaPaycheck, on the other hand, was a pure slug from day one.

• RaidingTexas

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:

2) JaMarcus Russell, 7-18

————————————–

No, especially funny is that there’s one worse than him.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Heres a ????? for those who want to talk pigskin

Who’s the bigger QB bust?
    Russell or Marinovich?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL no thank you.
    How about who do you think is going to start at RT? Barnes, Warson, or Barron?

• papertiger418
  • dr_robert

Missdick loves to talk about historical racism.

But he wasn’t involved in any of it.

But his life sucks so he has to blame something.

So it’s the “secret and subtle” racism that’s at the root of everything.

If he fails, it’s not his fault. It’s napoleon’s.

• RaidingTexas

Marks Hair Says:

post draft talk sucks balls around here sometimes

————————————————

If you think this is bad, try being here in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss.

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:52 pm

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Heres a ????? for those who want to talk pigskin

Who’s the bigger QB bust?
    Russell or Marinovich?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL no thank you.
    How about who do you think is going to start at RT? Barnes, Warson, or Barron?
    ========

Watson wins the battle HOPEFULLY or we’re fked

• inonewordraider

DMAC Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Heres a ????? for those who want to talk pigskin

Who’s the bigger QB bust?
    Russell or Marinovich?
    _______
    easily russell
    #1 pick, whole lotta dough

marinovich had well known issues

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Also, SI mentions Reggie:

Best nearly unnoticed work
    Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie cleans up after the debacle of the Hue Jackson era: Short on cap space and draft picks in his first year on the job, McKenzie is starting to dig out of the hole that he inherited. The move that brought Matt Flynn in and pushed Carson Palmer out at quarterback was a solid step, as were low-profile free-agent signings like Tracy Porter, Nick Roach, Jason Hunter and Mike Jenkins.
    More good work was done in the draft, with the Raiders trading down from No. 3 to No. 12 to reacquire a second-round selection, and picking up instant starters in cornerback D.J. Hayden, offensive tackle Menelik Watson and linebacker Sio Moore. Oakland has plenty of work left to do, but some of the heavy lifting has been done.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130501/nfl-offseason-superlatives/#ixzz2S4nwWi6D

• DMAC

RaidingTexas Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Marks Hair Says:

post draft talk sucks balls around here sometimes

————————————————

If you think this is bad, try being here in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss.
    =======

Thats why I get higher than a giraffes ass before going to the games
    Helps ease the pain brother

• papertiger418

Barnes needs to go ASAP. Still don’t understand how he survived the purge.

• DMAC

They both had drug problems

• RaidingTexas

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:

————————————————

Hard to fault him for that. Never shot it into a vein, but had some fun pills laced with it. Euphoric stuff.