Raiders take a look at veteran WR, return specialist

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at 3:16 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders met with veteran wide receiver Joshua Cribbs in an attempt to gauge his interest in joining the team, according to a report.
Cribbs, 29, spent his first eight NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns, primarily as a kick and punt returner.
He caught 107 passes during that time and rushed 128 times in amassing 1,914 yards and nine touchdowns.
Signing Cribbs would give the Raiders another viable option at kick and punt return, two problem areas last season. The return of Jacoby Ford from a foot injury also is expected to provide a boost in both areas.
Cribbs returned eight kicks for touchdowns for the Browns as he stamped himself as one of the game’s top returners.
In other news, the Raiders invited fullback Jared McGriff-Culver to try out for a roster spot at this week’s rookie mini camp in Alameda. McGriff-Culver went undrafted out of Missouri.

• inonewordraider

Gdog Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:21 am
    Word is that Cribbs was offered a one year contract for $1000 and a warm cup of soup by Reggie.

For some reason he is looking for a better offer
    _________
    he should call miami, if they have any $ left

Cribbs has 107 catches in eight seasons.

***

#1 WR ???

lol, just kidding

• theghostronin79

So Murray is gonna wear the old #34 huh?….

• JLofty

My point Judge was that we don’t have a legit PR on the roster. At all.
    If Cribb’s pro bowl talents as a returner overlap with a SUPER injury prone guy on our roster so much the better!

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

inonewordraider Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:16 am

_________________________________________________________

I see this totally as speculation, I think they only are considering Kluwe, an addition I wouldnt mind at all. But I think the team is confident in Marquette King..

• Just Fire Baby

Cribbs averaged 12 yards a punt return last year.

If you combine our 2011 and 2012 punt return average, it barely even adds up to 12 yards combined, lol.

• theghostronin79

Hayden #25
    Watson #71
    Moore #55
    Wilson #8
    Kasa #88
    Murray #34
    Rivera #81
    McGee #92
    Butler #19
    Bass #51

• inonewordraider

i hope mcgee makes the team, these religious boys need to get out more

@Raider O

I was a lowly bank teller 10 years ago while I was in college and I had a coworker/friend who was Muslim and he told me that you guys believe Jesus was just a man. A prophet like muhammad who did a lot of good things, but died and isn’t coming back.

he believed Jesus was crucified, but also (like you) didnt believe he was the son of God.. didnt ever talk of any angels

interesting to hear your take. thanks for sharing.

Pistol Punt formation?

LOL @ Judge!

• Just Fire Baby

Got a kick out of those King youtbube clips that was all the rage on here.

He was punting from around the 40, so the LOS would have been around HIS 45, and he had a few touchbacks.

So those were 45 yard punts with a 25 yard net.

Awesome!!!!

• Gdog

If he is smart enough to let the punt go in the endzone when its beyond the 10, and actually CATCH it any other time, he is an upgrade over anything we have had in the past 10 years (it seems.) It would be kinda nice if Reggie wasn’t lowballing here…

@Judge

Carmona = Pistol Kick formation?

get rid of the old fat white guys kicking!!

• The Big Banana

Post 383. This is my concern at this point. We lamented Al’s scholarships. Are we entering a “new era” of scholarships?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RR,

That guy was clueless about his own religion. Not surprising. These suicide bombers are clueless too. You can’t hurt innocent women and children during war. Its forbidden.

• inonewordraider

Gdog Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am

______
    lowball a guy who’s knee injury prevented him from signing with AZ?

hope he didn’t offer much

• The Big Banana

Lol, Judge. Dishing out the funnies this morning

• The_Judge37

For Carmona it’d be the Pistola Pataso Formation

• The_Judge37

464.The Big Banana Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:31 am
    —–

If Hiram Francise makes the roster this year, then yes.

• Gdog

inonewordraider Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:32 am

Gdog Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am

______
    lowball a guy who’s knee injury prevented him from signing with AZ?

hope he didn’t offer much

>>>

Uhh, if he can actually catch and secure the ball its an upgrade.

Anyone remember how Adams kept fumbling every punt last year and still kept his job?

Taiwan had one fumble in game one and we never saw him again… this staff is kinda crazy at times.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

inonewordraider Says:
    bill williamson is taking corkrans lunch money
    ====================================================

If you mean what I think you mean, Levi won that battle along time ago.
    Hardest working Raider beat writer by far.

• Just Fire Baby

I hear that some sector of Muslims don’t believe in interest bearing accounts.

My colleague that does the Chicago Transit plan, said that the Muslim employees only feel they should take significant risk in their accounts.

Something about earning a guaranteed interest rate flies in the face of what they believe in apparently.

O, insight?

That guy was clueless about his own religion. Not surprising

***

@Raider O

Baber (sp?) was a cool guy. He used to wear trucker hats and he was quite the ladies man. He had a very strict diet.

I gave him the gun rack out of my ’74 GMC (muscle truck). Back then I didn’t have much use for guns!

• The Big Banana

—–

TJ isn’t on the new scholarship program.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Gdog Says:
    =====================================================

He popped up a couple more times, but by and large he did disappear.
    And the crazy part of that staff is gone.

• JLofty

JLofty tore up his left leg pretty bad last weekend fib in 10+ pieces, tib compounded and to make the insult a little deeper ripped up the acl on that knee so I can’t move the boot around.

I REALLY wish they’d give media access to all of rookie camp. I could use the diversion.

Thank You Dubs!!! Now just need my Sharks to find a victim to devour…

• Gdog

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:38 am

Gdog Says:
    =====================================================

He popped up a couple more times, but by and large he did disappear.
    And the crazy part of that staff is gone.

>>>>

One can hope. But doesn’t the buck stop with the HC?

And whose idea was it to keep letting Adams catch punts? It was agonizing!

• MEX_GHOST

Raider O Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am
    RR,

FYI, Muslims believe JC wasn’t crucified, god sent an angel to replace him, Jesus went to heaven, and he will be back before judgment day.
    —————————————-
    Hey O!
    When the Angel replace Jesus? I mean, what´s the moment or time.

I think Bobby April will use TJones pretty frequently. He was one of our best special teamers imo

Jones HAS TO fill a reserve role elsewhere too though, be it RB or DB… I wonder what Olson & Sparano think of him?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:36 am
    I hear that some sector of Muslims don’t believe in interest bearing accounts.

O, insight?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s correct. I don’t take interest, but I’m happy with profit sharing and taking risk. None of my bank accounts are interest bearing accounts. I also don’t pay interest on credit.
    It’s forbidden to accept/ pay interest, but I can ask for profits on my investments not loans.
    They have a few Muslims banks here and they pay you a % of their profits and you share the risk too.
    That makes it difficult to buy homes here unless you have 350,000+ in cash, but the Muslim bank will buy you the house and charge you profits.
    Bank Will buy the house at 350K and sell it to you for 450 over 15 years.

• MEX_GHOST

The_Judge37 Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:33 am
    For Carmona it’d be the Pistola Pataso Formation
    —————————-
    LOL

Pistola Patada Formation!

• Just Fire Baby

Both Adams and Moore both fumbled 2 times last year.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

SnBG Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 8:04 am
    Please don’t try and convert Pryor to a wide receiver. There are only two QB/WR conversions I can think of that turned great. Freddie Solomon and Gene Washington. They were converted in college before they got to the NFL.Several others have been OK.

====

So you don’t think guys like Hines Ward and Anquan Boldin turned into good WRs?

Just looking at the Raiders history they got some serviceable seasons out of Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry. They weren’t All-Pros but they were as good or better than what we have now. If Pryor as a WR turned out only as good as one of those, it would more than justify his 3rd round draft status.

• hwnrdr

479.RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:41 am

I don’t know man…have you ever see Condo come in as a reserve linebacker?

• The_Judge37

At least they gave Taiwan a chance at somewhere else.

They were like, “Look, we’re really thin at RB, but we’re going to give you a chance to earn a spot at DB. Oh, and we’re going to sign like 9 veteran DB’s for you to compete with, good luck with your next team.”

• JLofty

Doesn’t TJ also have some kind of learning disb? Can’t help trying to learn new playbook every year….

• JLofty

Pryor would be a calvin johnson type wr if you ask me. Dont know if has the hands but I’d guess he does…

• Just Fire Baby

Taiwan Jones HIMSELF didn’t think he would play RB in the NFL.

Only crazy azz Al and Priest thought a guy who can’t read, remember plays, catch, block or not fumble could be an NFL RB.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

MEX_GHOST Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:41 am
    Raider O Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am
    RR,

—————————————-
    Hey O!
    When the Angel replace Jesus? I mean, what´s the moment or time.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

That I don’t know. I can find out for you. I don’t want to give you any wrong info.

• Gdog

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:47 am

Taiwan Jones HIMSELF didn’t think he would play RB in the NFL.

>>>

Run Forrest run. How hard can it be?

• Just Fire Baby

O,

Apparently we had to incorporate some funky almost hedge fund like thing into our plan lineup to cater to YOU PEOPLE and your “profits” not interest.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

I forgot Taiwan had 8 kick returns in 2011 for 165 yds, long of 45 and 20 yd average.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TJ has dyslexia.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

JLofty Says:
    =====================================================

Dyslexic, I think. Nothing to do with smarts.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Hey, slow down, O.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

JLofty Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:40 am

Thank You Dubs!!! Now just need my Sharks to find a victim to devour…

=====

Sorry to hear about your leg dude. That sounds like one helluva injury!

The Sharks coasted through Vancouver and now get to not only rest up, but hey avoided a round trip back to Canada by completing the sweep at home. Everyone else in the conference is going at least 5.

Hard as it is for me, I’m pulling for Detroit to comeback and steal the series from Anaheim. Otherwise, the Sharks get Chicago and they are scary. I think Chicago is beatable, because their weakness is in net, where playoffs are often won. But I’d rather find that out in round 3 after letting Detroit run them around and tire them more than in round 2.

I do like the Sharks matchup with either of LA or St Louis, as they are very similar styled teams: big and physical, defense first with very good goalies, not that fast and not a lot of offense. The Sharks are damned good defensively, Nemo is playing his best hockey in his career with the Sharks (mostly because of how the defense is supporting him) but they have a lot more firepower than either of those teams. The Sharks also are deeper than pretty much every other team in the West and are rolling 4 lines and 3 D pairs. That bodes well for the legs as they move deeper and deeper into the playoff season.

Go Sharks!!!

• The Big Banana

Having dyslexia doesn’t mean you can’t read. Just that its a sh1t load more difficult. But is he learning plays or reading stories?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:49 am
    O,

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol
    Thank you.
    You have my email, send some info. I need good investments. That was the idea behind exchanging emails, so I can benefit from your expertise. Remember?

That’s correct. I don’t take interest

***

@Raider O

can I borrow some money??

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:52 am
    Hey, slow down, O.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry bro. Did not mean to steal your thunder..