Raiders take a look at veteran WR, return specialist

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at 3:16 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders met with veteran wide receiver Joshua Cribbs in an attempt to gauge his interest in joining the team, according to a report.
Cribbs, 29, spent his first eight NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns, primarily as a kick and punt returner.
He caught 107 passes during that time and rushed 128 times in amassing 1,914 yards and nine touchdowns.
Signing Cribbs would give the Raiders another viable option at kick and punt return, two problem areas last season. The return of Jacoby Ford from a foot injury also is expected to provide a boost in both areas.
Cribbs returned eight kicks for touchdowns for the Browns as he stamped himself as one of the game’s top returners.
In other news, the Raiders invited fullback Jared McGriff-Culver to try out for a roster spot at this week’s rookie mini camp in Alameda. McGriff-Culver went undrafted out of Missouri.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:54 am
    That’s correct. I don’t take interest

***

@Raider O

can I borrow some money??
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are you going to pay it back?

• The Big Banana

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:52 am
    JLofty Says:
    Doesn’t TJ also have some kind of learning disb? Can’t help trying to learn new playbook every year….
    =====================================================

Dyslexic, I think. Nothing to do with smarts.

———

Einstein was dyslexic.

So is Richard Branson, William Hewlett, George Washington, and a slew of other prominent and very intelligent people.

• hwnrdr

501.Raider O Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:57 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:54 am
    That’s correct. I don’t take interest

***

@Raider O

can I borrow some money??
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are you going to pay it back?

Depends on how much? :)

• MEX_GHOST

Raider O Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:48 am
    MEX_GHOST Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:41 am
    Raider O Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am
    RR,

FYI, Muslims believe JC wasn’t crucified, god sent an angel to replace him, Jesus went to heaven, and he will be back before judgment day.
    —————————————-
    Hey O!
    When the Angel replace Jesus? I mean, what´s the moment or time.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

That I don’t know. I can find out for you. I don’t want to give you any wrong info.
    ———————————–
    OK O, just for curiosity. I don´t know the Muslim religion.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:59 am
    501.Raider O Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:57 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 10:54 am
    That’s correct. I don’t take interest

***

@Raider O

can I borrow some money??
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are you going to pay it back?

Depends on how much?
    $$$$$$$$$

LOL
    Good point.
    I learned long time ago that the best way to lend money is to think of it as a gift.
    If they pay back, its great. If they don’t pay it back, you are OK because you consider it a gift which will not hurt your relationship with the person. Money changes people and relationships.
    That’s why I have a limit. No more than a $1000.

• Just Fire Baby

You have my email, send some info. I need good investments.

************************

I am curious about it as well, not my plan so I don’t know much about it.

Remember, I was too boring of an investment guy for you.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Before you monkeys ask, the answer is NO.
    I’m not lending You monkeys a $1000. I like you, but I don’t like you that much. lol

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

The Big Banana Says:
    Einstein was dyslexic.
    ================================================

An oft epeated claim, but most likely incorrect.
    If you’re interested;

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 11:05 am
    You have my email, send some info. I need good investments.

************************

I am curious about it as well, not my plan so I don’t know much about it.

Remember, I was too boring of an investment guy for you.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol
    I need boring investments. It’s better than having cash or a non interest bearing account.
    10% is still better than 0%.

• Just Fire Baby

Taiwan should stick this year as the gunner, and just like Condo, will stay until we can find a guy who can replace what they do, but also play a position, even if in a backup role.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Chico,

I need to diversify. If something happens to Jordan and my properties, I will be Effed. I thought of buying property here, but I don’t get the same return, and I have to pay taxes.

• SnBG

Famous People with Dyslexia.

• ShanghaiSmith

You need to invest that money in real world projects.. I’ve got some ideas that only lack funding… Raider Nation unite!

• The_Judge37

510.Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 11:09 am
    —–

Gunners are easily replaced, but not LS. It’s not uncommon for teams to have LS that do nothing else. I’m perfectly fine with Condon being strictly a LS.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:
    10% is still better than 0%.
    ===================================================

How much better?

• The Big Banana

Interesting, thanks Purvis. I will look onto that. Just the same, folks get the idea. As I understand, NASA deliberately seeks out dyslexics.

• Just Fire Baby

Taiwan Jones isn’t Einstein or going to work for NASA.

Rather, he is a football players with a learning disability, which could be considered redundant.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 11:22 am
    Raider O Says:
    10% is still better than 0%.
    ===================================================

How much better?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It depends on the investment. Remember we are talking about profit sharing, so you have to adjust the 10% to compensate for the risk you are taking.

• ShanghaiSmith

Hawking isn’t Einstein.. He is a narrow-minded genius at best. Capable of diving deep in his pool of expertise (although, with a fundamentalist vigor!)

• SnBG

Is Einsstein Dyslexic. I read this piece and have to agree with the person that said this.
    However, I must
    tell you that assessing if someone is Dyslexic, after death, is a very
    difficult thing to do. More than likely he may have had a very mild
    form of Dyslexia, or on occassion reversed numbers due to some other
    reason (like fatigue) that people took as Dyslexia. The sad truth is
    that we may never know with 100% accuracy if he was or not, but, I
    suspect the Washington Post to be a source worthy of believing.
    Especially since it mentions the myth specifically.

• SnBG

ShanghaiSmith Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 11:29 am
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Hawkins may be the master of a narrow universe but he’s not narrow minded.

• JLofty

just an fyi, I never said TJ was mentally deficient, just that he had a learning disability and having to learn a new PB every yr isn’t helpful to his career or development as an RB.
    HAVE to be able to pick up the blitz or QB gets killed and drive is killed at best…

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ShanghaiSmith Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 11:20 am
    $$$$$$$$$$

I like to hear some of these ideas, if you don’t mind.

• pcraider

Its interesting that it seems TP is hanging out and working with the receivers and Flynn is hanging out and working with the O linemen.

Who wins in that deal?

• JLofty

Thanks Zymurge yes the injury is horribly painful. Going to be a while b4 I get back to being vertical.

“Hard as it is for me, I’m pulling for Detroit to comeback and steal the series from Anaheim. Otherwise, the Sharks get Chicago and they are scary. I think Chicago is beatable, because their weakness is in net, where playoffs are often won. But I’d rather find that out in round 3 after letting Detroit run them around and tire them more than in round 2. ”

TOTALLY ditto this entire statement. Go DeadThings.
    Spurms should be glad they ain’t down 0-2 going to the Roaracle!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 1m

#Raiders rookie No. (Legends w/same #): DJ Hayden 25 (Billetnikoff), Menelik Watson 71 (Pickel), Sio Moore 55 (Millen), Tyler Wilson 8 (Guy)
    ======================================================

Might consider Slo a legend(for all the wrong reasons).

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

REPORT: BELICHICK “HATES” TEBOW AS A PLAYER

• realtruraider

testing………….testing…………….1…………..2.

• realtruraider

Fk the comment awaiting moderation BS

• realtruraider
  • Al_is_theraiders

scrub city….smh

LOL @ tru

• RaiderGator

If Flynn starts out 0-4, does DA bench him? Knowing DA’s M.O., he’ll probably wait til they are 0-10. The knapp handicap will not be applicable this year.

@Gator

Palmer won 4 outta 15 games. I don’t think Pryor would have started WK17 if Palmer was healthy …

so to answer your question, no.

if Flynn is deemed “the guy” he’ll probably start every game that he is healthy, regardless of performance. He will not be benched

Can’t tell me that Reggie or Dennis had no say over who starts at QB and it’s just the OC’s decision with no supervisor intervention

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaiderGator Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

If Flynn starts out 0-4, does DA bench him?
    ——————-
    Mark will.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

realtruraider Says:
    Fk the comment awaiting moderation BS
    =====================================================

No such thing. No comment ‘awaiting moderation’ has ever been posted.
    They disappear into the intergalactic bit bucket.

• SnBG

KoolKell Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    RaiderGator Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

If Flynn starts out 0-4, does DA bench him?
    ——————-
    Mark will.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• theghostronin79

KoolKell Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    RaiderGator Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

If Flynn starts out 0-4, does DA bench him?
    ——————-
    Mark will.

==============

I wish I could beleive that.

good point, Kell.

maybe Palmer got a little extra rope (grace) to hang himself with because Mark Davis spent a 1st rounder on him?

now that he’s gone… Mark might not have a bias at QB and mandate that if one QB isn’t performing, another one be inserted

• RaiderGator

Will it be dink and dunk Flynn

or

Threat to bust a run for 60 Pryor

I got a feeling if Flynn starts, our red zone will be a ton of FG opportunities for Seabass. If our D really improves, and Seabass can nail 9-12 FGs a game, we most certainly got a chance of winning some games. Heck, anything past the 50 is a FG opportunity. We may be all right yet. Maybe.

• RaiderGator

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:18 pm
    good point, Kell.

—————————————————

Good point RR.

• SnBG

Who ever the starter is they will play without interference from Davis.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Mark aint gonna sit and watch till week 10 like last year, if things aren’t going right. Particularly if TP is as exciting as he was in SD.

Palmer had no reasonable backup. Flynn does.

• SnBG

I also fully expect Flynn to start and not TP.

Palmer had no reasonable backup. Flynn does

***

@Kell

Pryor was here last year too. Think the coaching staff will try to push him down to 3rd, again? probably

Wilson > Leinart. oh my, let’s hope so!

Pryor is getting the Eldridge Dickey treatment..

• SnBG

RaiderGator Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:18 pm
    good point, Kell.

—————————————————

Good point RR.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    If Mark were to interfere then he’s doing what his father did and that’s not a good place for us to be. I think he’s very aware of that and will leave the foofball people alone.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:27 pm
    Palmer had no reasonable backup. Flynn does

***

@Kell

———————-
    Nope, that Cat is out of the bag, already. Too late for that BS.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Pryor is getting the Eldridge Dickey treatment..
    ——————
    Nope. I was at those pre–season games in 1968. With a huge Afro. I watched them compete. I, too had to go with the white boy from Alabama.

• Thec

KoolKell Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    RaiderGator Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

If Flynn starts out 0-4, does DA bench him?
    ——————-
    Mark will.

++++++++++

Wise insight….

• SnBG

KoolKell Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Pryor is getting the Eldridge Dickey treatment..
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;