1,239

Raiders work out veteran punters; Woodson open to signing with any team

Slow down on that talk of Marquette King being the unquestioned replacement for departed punter Shane Lechler. For evidence, notice how the Raiders signed an undrafted free agent and recently worked out veterans Mat McBriar and Jason Baker.
King has the benefit over the others of having been with the Raiders last season. He worked with the team through training camp before being placed on season-ending injured reserve.
It’s wise of the Raiders to bring in some competition for the vacancy created by Lechler signing with the Houston Texans, given King has yet to punt in a regular-season game.
In other news, former Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson now sounds more open to signing with teams not viewed as legitimate Super Bowl contenders. In other words, that brings the Raiders into the mix.
For more on what Woodson had to say, here’s an excerpt from an interview on NFL Network:

On his future as an NFL player:

“If it were left up to me, I will be in the NFL again this coming season. Right now, it is kind of slow out there, the options have dried up but I am still waiting for an opportunity to play for a team, help a team win. So I plan on playing in the future.”

On being one of the many free agent veterans currently available:

“It is kind of the process, but at the same time it is frustrating. You have guys that can flat out play football. You look at Dwight Freeney and what he is able to do. They had a system last year that is different than he is used to playing, but he can play football. John Abraham, he led his team in sacks and you say ‘we don’t have a spot for you on our roster?’ I can’t understand that. Myself, I am just a ball player. I need to be on a team.”

On if he wants to play for a contender:

“When this process first started out, that was my thing, I needed to go to a contender. I know I am towards the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do.”

On if he would return to the Green Bay Packers:

“I don’t want to speculate on that because I have not heard anything from Green Bay. We parted our ways a couple months ago. They told me they were moving on. I guess I took that to mean there was no opportunity to go back so I am looking for a future with another organization.”

On how a team would react to an openly gay player in the NFL:

“With Jason Collins coming out and letting everybody know he was gay, it forces you to deal with it. If you’re someone who is against gay people, then my question is what you’re going to do once a player comes out in your locker room? Are you going to quit football? If you’re a coach and you don’t like the fact that a player is gay, are you going to stop coaching? I don’t think so. It would force guys to deal with it and you’d get over it. I’m sure there are probably players in the locker room that have thought another player was gay in the past. It’s not going to stop you from playing football. Life will go on and everybody will keep going out there doing their job.”

The segment with Woodson can he heard here:

Steve Corkran

• Relentless

Go Kings Go!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Shutdown Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:17 pm
    I’d feel justice had been served if some crazy slit OJ’s throat in jail.

=======================================

It would be no loss to the world.

• Relentless

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:16 pm
    Uh huh.

======================================

Let me guess: you think OJ was innocent?
    —–
    I want Pryor to start, but everyone and their mama’s know the juice was loose.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

I’m pretty sure OJ was guilty.
    I’m positive evidence was planted.
    Game over.
    I’d aquitt.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    I’m pretty sure OJ was guilty.
    I’m positive evidence was planted.
    Game over.
    I’d aquitt.

==========================================

Nothing was planted. The LA cops were incompetent on more than one occasion, but incompetence doesn’t equal framing someone.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:16 pm
    Uh huh.

======================================

Let me guess: you think OJ was innocent?
    ————————————
    Guess all you want dumbass.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:25 pm
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:16 pm
    Uh huh.

======================================

Let me guess: you think OJ was innocent?
    ————————————
    Guess all you want dumbass.

==========================================

Oooh. One question and we’re already up to “dumbass.” No wonder Beeech can’t stand you.

• Relentless

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:23 pm
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    I’m pretty sure OJ was guilty.
    I’m positive evidence was planted.
    Game over.
    I’d aquitt.

==========================================

—–
    True dat. As an LA native all my life, they are idiots.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:25 pm
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:16 pm
    Uh huh.

======================================

Let me guess: you think OJ was innocent?
    ————————————
    Guess all you want dumbass.

==========================================

—————————
    Yep, you and Beech are kissin cousins

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You stereotyping dumb Btch.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Relentless Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:23 pm
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    I’m pretty sure OJ was guilty.
    I’m positive evidence was planted.
    Game over.
    I’d aquitt.

==========================================

—–
    True dat. As an LA native all my life, they are idiots.

=====================================

And the DA’s office wasn’t any better. Gotta love Marcia Clark’s spending big bux for jury research, then deliberately burying the results (she brags about it in her book, too) because they showed she was entirely the wrong person to be trying this case.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Im so tired of Mr. Turnover maching Jarret Jack.. he can leave for FA like he wants after the season. Bye

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:30 pm
    You stereotyping dumb Btch.

=====================================

Don’t you have some tenements to go fob off on unsuspecting suckers or something?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    =======================================================

Wrong. Don’t know why, but I followed it very closely. Blood planted in the courtyard, collected on a followup investigation was remarkably undegraded. As in, impossibly undegraded unless it was from blood samples collected initially.
    The mysteriously appearing sock in the crime scene photos was a bit odd, also.
    Probably not the glove and it probably was his, only shrunken after being blood soaked and drying out.
    Like I said,most likely guilty.
    This is off the top of my head from what, 15 or 17 years ago.
    LAPD fcked up. Not just incompetent.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Relentless Says:
    True dat. As an LA native all my life, they are idiots.
    ===================================================

LA native ’till 92. I know ‘em well enough.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Right-wing terrorism draws its inspiration from a variety of ideologies and beliefs, including neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, racism and opposition to foreigners and immigration. Incidents of this type of terrorism have been sporadic with little or no international cooperation.[1] Their actions are generally poorly coordinated and there are few identifiable organizations. Modern right wing terrorism began to appear in western Europe in the 1980s and in eastern Europe following the collapse of the Eastern Bloc.[2]

The objective of right-wing terrorism is the overthrow existing governments and their replacement with nationalist or fascist-oriented governments.[1]

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:33 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:30 pm
    You stereotyping dumb Btch.

=====================================

—————————————-
    Don’t you have a mobile home to look after?

• Relentless

Does anyone know or heard anything about the rookie camp today?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Relentless Says:
    Does anyone know or heard anything about the rookie camp today?
    ====================================================

Media access tomorrow. Cork and Levi will be tweeting and reporting all day. And I’ll be out of internet range. Guess I need to upgrade. Damn.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LAPD fcked up. Not just incompetent.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

No….. Not the LAPD.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell
  • http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dexter McCoil wearing #14.

• Relentless

Fart

• ShanghaiSmith

I believe that the small things (such as punter comptetition) can have an impact that goes beyond just the punters. Maybe a defensive tackle is on his way out the door, but sees one of those punters working like his life depends on it, and just pauses for a moment.. He probably doesn’t turn around (after all, there is some truth to the camp that diminishes punter importance), but that image has become a part of him; perhaps a subconscious inspiration…
    While one would think that true competition would be the dominating principle that drives every team, it is actually the exception to the rule. The franchises that perform with consistentcy (ala Baltimore, New England) adhere to the principle of true-competition best. However, there is a force which grows from this very fire of competition: Ego.

There is a certain pleasure that is rooted in future predicitons. after all, the ability to describe the future accurately is a rather grand achievement, and nature makes it accordingly pleasurable. As Bruce Lee said, even the most powerful ability becomes a weakness when overly relied on.

I think Reggies a great talent evaluator, and think that we are going to surprise a lot of people this year, make a little noise.

I just hope they put any preconceived notions or prejudices aside… I want real competition. It is rare that evaluators can put aside their egos to make room for things playing out differently than they had planned.

Let Flynn win the job with a no-advantage competition. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins it. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Pryor wins it. I even have fantasies about the rook. Let us not settle such a question intellectually- we have a beautiful facility for them to battle it out in.

• ESETERIK78

“THIS the L.A.P.D. We the most hated cops in the world. Ain’t no TEAM.”

“My Momma ashamed of me. She tell people I’m a drug dealer”

• ShanghaiSmith

O – I’m hesitant to disclose my hard won inspirations in such a public place (there could be Chiefs fans lurking)..

An email, or the like.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

There hasn’t been open competition in a Raider Camp since ………………scholarships ……………….I can’t remember just now.

• ShanghaiSmith

The irony is that “drug” is the twisting word of accusation. As Einstein so aptly put,
    “The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this.”

That last sentence is the real kicker.

• ESETERIK78

“This ain’t no cigarette. This cigaWEED!”

“You better have glaucoma”

Damn it W’s!!

• dr_robert

now’s ur chance to join the Padron Posse (c).

he’s pretty impressive on his reel:

effortless deep ball with good mechanics. good size. looks like a real qb.

kid could be a keeper.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

ShanghaiSmith waxing poetic. well said.

• ESETERIK78

1130.dr_robert Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 11:32 pm
    now’s ur chance to join the Padron Posse (c).

he’s pretty impressive on his reel:

effortless deep ball with good mechanics. good size. looks like a real qb.

kid could be a keeper.
    =============================

Only watched a few minutes, and started thinking Pryor is moving further and further down the DC.

This kid has a quick release, ball has zip, good movemont in the pocket, runs well, can take a hit.

Interesting to see how he does.

• Marks hair

how can curry be tired? its not like hes 34 with 17 yrs of pro ball on him..

• dr_robert

ESETERIK78 Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 11:40 pm
    1130.dr_robert Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 11:32 pm
    now’s ur chance to join the Padron Posse (c).

he’s pretty impressive on his reel:

effortless deep ball with good mechanics. good size. looks like a real qb.

kid could be a keeper.
    =============================

Interesting to see how he does.

***********

i know! i don’t tend to get carried away with UDFA’s, but this kid throws a nice ball. i was really impressed by the deep ball. it just soars.

in all honesty, i came away maybe more impressed by his reel than wilson’s.

of course, wilson was all-sec as a junior and is highly touted, so i’m not gonna say padron is better.

but padron was a starter at smu his freshman and sophomore years, before getting injured, beat out, and transferring.

so, he does have some pedigree.

i don’t know. i can’t imagine the coaches watching this kid throw in camp and not being intrigued.

truth begets poetry ;)

• ShanghaiSmith

Ima go check out that burgeoning young arm.

• dr_robert

padron throws 40 and 50 yard frozen ropes.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

“Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.”

• ShanghaiSmith

It is muscular and swift!

• spiff

i’m thinking tyler wilson will get a real hard look. he’s a leader and a tough competitor.

• ShanghaiSmith

he’ll be getting a really hard look from Pryor in the hallway.

• Marks hair
  • ShanghaiSmith

The buttcheek centered focus of that other video’s beginning left me ill-prepared for objective analysis. It was like a homage to the ass-centered zoom-out. Really F’d my sh1t up, I’m speed rolling to adjust.

• ShanghaiSmith

If one man’s buttocks occupies the full frame of a sports recording, and this same buttocks continues to be the point of focus in a fancy zoom-out maneuver…

• ShanghaiSmith

Why not just make a 2 hour compilation of supportive ass slaps?

• spiff

interesting sam mcguffie wearing jersey #85

• mistic666

i squeezed out a nice turd earlier, put a smile on my face

• ShanghaiSmith

That smile has cancer fighting properties. Well done.

• ShanghaiSmith

Mine will be fighting cancer for centuries after I am gone… I take pictures.

• ShanghaiSmith

True posterity unearthing out the shoebox that poloroid godzilla grandfather dropped in his prime..