Raiders work out veteran punters; Woodson open to signing with any team

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 at 7:58 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Slow down on that talk of Marquette King being the unquestioned replacement for departed punter Shane Lechler. For evidence, notice how the Raiders signed an undrafted free agent and recently worked out veterans Mat McBriar and Jason Baker.
King has the benefit over the others of having been with the Raiders last season. He worked with the team through training camp before being placed on season-ending injured reserve.
It’s wise of the Raiders to bring in some competition for the vacancy created by Lechler signing with the Houston Texans, given King has yet to punt in a regular-season game.
In other news, former Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson now sounds more open to signing with teams not viewed as legitimate Super Bowl contenders. In other words, that brings the Raiders into the mix.
For more on what Woodson had to say, here’s an excerpt from an interview on NFL Network:

On his future as an NFL player:

“If it were left up to me, I will be in the NFL again this coming season. Right now, it is kind of slow out there, the options have dried up but I am still waiting for an opportunity to play for a team, help a team win. So I plan on playing in the future.”

On being one of the many free agent veterans currently available:

“It is kind of the process, but at the same time it is frustrating. You have guys that can flat out play football. You look at Dwight Freeney and what he is able to do. They had a system last year that is different than he is used to playing, but he can play football. John Abraham, he led his team in sacks and you say ‘we don’t have a spot for you on our roster?’ I can’t understand that. Myself, I am just a ball player. I need to be on a team.”

On if he wants to play for a contender:

“When this process first started out, that was my thing, I needed to go to a contender. I know I am towards the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do.”

On if he would return to the Green Bay Packers:

“I don’t want to speculate on that because I have not heard anything from Green Bay. We parted our ways a couple months ago. They told me they were moving on. I guess I took that to mean there was no opportunity to go back so I am looking for a future with another organization.”

On how a team would react to an openly gay player in the NFL:

“With Jason Collins coming out and letting everybody know he was gay, it forces you to deal with it. If you’re someone who is against gay people, then my question is what you’re going to do once a player comes out in your locker room? Are you going to quit football? If you’re a coach and you don’t like the fact that a player is gay, are you going to stop coaching? I don’t think so. It would force guys to deal with it and you’d get over it. I’m sure there are probably players in the locker room that have thought another player was gay in the past. It’s not going to stop you from playing football. Life will go on and everybody will keep going out there doing their job.”

The segment with Woodson can he heard here:

• ShanghaiSmith

And forces moving swiftly to confiscate said photo… They don’t want you to know how much bigger they used to be.

• mistic666

i like to poop always have. i bring my laptop in the bathroom and watch movies while i take a dump, sometimes i just sleep on the toilet and actually take a dump in my dreams too.

• mistic666

sometimes i FART so hard that i blow holes in my underwear. thats power!!!

• rediaR

Dr_robert Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 11:53 pm
    padron throws 40 and 50 yard frozen ropes.
    ———————-
    Those must be really heavy.

• oldschoolraider

dr_robert Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 11:32 pm

now’s ur chance to join the Padron Posse (c).

he’s pretty impressive on his reel:

effortless deep ball with good mechanics. good size. looks like a real qb.

kid could be a keeper.
    ****************************************

Looking like the only QB competition will be between Padrone and Pryor. I don’t think Pryor makes it out of camp.

• oklahomaRaider18

I really hope Adrian Bushwell sticks with us, highly recruited coming outta high school!!!! Could be a keeper!!!

Heat & Spurs win by 10.

sorry gents – sometimes the better team ends up winning

Inonewordraider, HB, Raider O & JFB all hating on the Heat last night & talking lots of trash … until we won!

LOL @ clowns

:P

60 pictures of rookie mini-camp (Day 1) at Raiders.com

Bushell fielding punts

looks like Hayden was getting in some hefty ST work as well. saw him with Bobby April in 1 photo, Keith Burns in another

pretty cool they allowed a few young 2nd year players to participate .. I saw T Session, N Guess & J Harris

Dennis Allen must read these blog comments.. you guys are also ways talking about his image, rather than his coaching

looks like he hasn’t shaved in a while. Same with Mark Davis & Greg Olson

bad boys, baby!

by the way, did Reggie in those recent photos remind anybody else of CeeLo Green?

Stacy McGee is a dude I would not want to meet in a dark alley.. looks freaking mean

Sparano trying to teach Watson how to block (pic 33). He’s got long arms for sure. Probably needs to work on technique.

Like Mike Mayock said “he has no idea what he’s doing”

if Pryor is so raw & still requires so much development, why not let him attend rookie mini-camp too?

extra time with the coaches and some of his new teammates!

I doubt that’s an opportunity he would pass up

if Flynn is the starter already and it’s basically etched in stone (like you people say) it might be smart to see Pryor go thru drills and make all the throws at this little mini-camp to see how he measures up against 2 white kids fresh outta college – Wilson & Padron

Right?

• http://www.safc.com/the-club/stadium/about-the-stadium-of-light neilb

Those photo’s on Raiders.com.

Think Coach has a T shirt underneath his hoodie with “

• http://www.safc.com/the-club/stadium/about-the-stadium-of-light neilb

“Dr. Hunter S. Thompson – suck my dck” on it.

• http://www.safc.com/the-club/stadium/about-the-stadium-of-light neilb

Kinda messed that up…

• SnBG

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 11th, 2013 at 4:59 am

Right?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    See post 806…Flynn is the starter for now but Pryor and Wilson will be competing for his job. Best man will win.Nothing is in stone.

• willy91137

good morning Raider nation 119 ‘s

****************************** POUND THE ROCK************************************

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 11 ANGRY MEN &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

• Just Fire Baby

Nice to see someone else wearing #55.

At least Sio looks the part

• Just Fire Baby

Mychal Rivera has the cool name and the sleeve tattoo’s.

Aaron Herandez light

Best pick of our draft.

• Just Fire Baby

And Connor Vernon looks like the biggest doofus on the planet (outside of Mark Davis of course).

Not hoping on that bandwagon.

• Myopinion

Good morning everyone,
    When is camp for the whole team?
    Anyone know if hay dr ens done any hitting yet?
    Excited to hear that injury has no effwct on dj.
    Moore,bass,mcgee, that could be our future pass rush. Add houston,crawford,bilukidi,burris. Thats an exciting group to me, hope they turn out, in a rebuildrebuild, thats a ton of potential. Lots of speed.

• Just Fire Baby

I am guessing but usually voluntary OTA’s are near the end of May, and camp begins sometime in June.

• Myopinion

Jfb,
    Suprised.you could read that.
    I always read your a money guy, do you do investing?
    I ask cause I can do some bad as remodels, just need someone with money, and I think theres a lot of money to be made flipping. Where would I find those people?

• willy91137

I think they get seven days in June for all the players then they turn THEM loose

and they don’t have to be back last week in July is when the NFL goes on vacation

all the coaches trainers last week of July training camp then we can really tell what these rookies are made out of

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 11th, 2013 at 4:19 am

LOL @ clowns

:P
    ———————————
    I will tell you that I enjoyed watching some good physical playoff basketball last night!

That being said, I hope Heat lose every game. They are so unlikable. I’d rather cheer for a team like the Warriors now that my Celtics are eliminated.

The only reason I can guess that you are Heat fan is because you have endured so many losing seasons as a Raider fan and you needed to follow a guaranteed winner to offset the pain.

Still no excuse for being a bandaging fan imo.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

*a

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

*bandwagon

it’s to early, excuse typos

• RAIDERMAN99

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 11th, 2013 at 6:40 am

Not hoping on that bandwagon.
    =======================================
    Vernon can catch. Good hands. That much could be discerned at the combine. Can’t argue with his NCAA productivity.

He’s not a burner, so it comes down to does he have the quickness and route running ability to get separation at this level.

Very impressed by the Duke offensive scheming and style of play.

That coaching staff has it’s act together.

Wish the RAIDS has taken a flyer on RENFREE. Can’t believe that guy almost went undrafted.

• Myopinion

Wuz up willy,
    Dont know bout u, but I am soo ready for some raider football.
    were about to see our future stars make theyre names.

• Just Fire Baby

I always read your a money guy, do you do investing?

**************************

I do, but not much if any in properties.

I am not a handy guy and don’t feel like hiring a property manager to nickle and dime me.

RM99,

What do you think of DA’s goatee looking thing?

Weren’t you calling on him to grow one?

• willy91137

Just the rookies and it can’t hit each other union rules and plus they’re not under contract yet

I like all of our draft picks a lot of them will be here next year

I think if we can put a decent D line together defense will do some damage to the

*************************

Well, until we see it on the field in a few months, it’s speculation from here.

I will speculate the answer is no, simply due to him looking like a combo of Eric Neis and Harry Connick.

• Myopinion

Im the exact opposite, I can do all the work, the making money part is hard for me.

• RAIDERMAN99

What do you think of DA’s goatee looking thing?

Weren’t you calling on him to grow one?
    ===============================================
    Tits is sporting chin hair ?

Haven’t seen it. Kinda surprised she’s got the testosterone to do that. Must be the hormone injections.

Goatee is good for Tits. Maybe one day she can grow a pair of balls.

• mistic666

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    May 11th, 2013 at 7:39 am

What do you think of DA’s goatee looking thing?

Weren’t you calling on him to grow one?
    ===============================================
    Tits is sporting chin hair ?

Goatee is good for Tits. Maybe one day she can grow a pair of balls.

>> you should ask DA out on a Date now the goatee was for you

• RAIDERMAN99

JFB, what’s the gambling situation in NM ? You’ve got some Native casinos there ?

• mistic666

ahhhh i love squeezin out that morning turd with my coffee. nothing beats it.

• Just Fire Baby

So Mychal Rivera’s sister is a lead actress in Glee, lol.

From LA, supposedly a very, very solid person.

Can’t wait to see him play.

• Just Fire Baby

I got 4 Indian Casino’s within 30 minutes of me, and another one or two in Santa Fe an hour or so away.

I am on the West end of ABQ, so I get my Manziel on at Route 66 Casino.

No sports book, and I can’t stand playing 2-4, 4-8 poker with these hacks.

So I pull the lever.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Myopinion Says:
    May 11th, 2013 at 7:09 am
    Jfb,
    Suprised.you could read that.
    I always read your a money guy, do you do investing?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I’m interested.

• mistic666

love Indian casinos. the second hand cigarette smoke saves me from having to spend 5$ on cigarettes.

• Just Fire Baby

One thing you learn about not being in Vegas.

The lookie-lou’s.

In Vegas, everyone knows it is bad etiquette to stand behind someone and watch them play.

Here? Everybody does it. Drives me fkn mad

• mistic666

hate it when a turd gets stuck and I have to wiggle on the toilet bowl until its plops.

• RAIDERMAN99

No sports book, and I can’t stand playing 2-4, 4-8 poker with these hacks.

So I pull the lever.
    =====================================
    Pulling the lever is generally a very bad idea, unless you know what you are doing or are just looking for some entertainment.

You seem like a pretty savvy gambler, do you look for ‘advantage’ plays on machines ?

• Myopinion

Raider o,
    Im in nm, but willing to do about anything for the opportunity.
    My dream.
    Ill do all the work,planning,etc…
    If worst case you cant sell house, I walk away,and you get the nicest house on the block, with equity.
    I learned my teait on highend homes, so for a fraction of what it costs to do a shower,i can make a walkin with circle walls and seats,etc…
    Would definetly be interested, just dont know how to give info on the internet,without these crazy guys getting it.

******************************

No I just fire like a mad man.

Max bet on the pennies.

Big fan of the games with the bonuses with multiplies.

Last hand pay was around $2,300 on a Cleopatra II maybe 6-7 months ago.

Myopinion,

I told you a few weeks ago the wifey and I want to redo the upstairs bathroom.

Want a pocket door, want to replace the window with one that actually opens, redo the sink, put in a vanity, etc.

raidersfanlv@yahoo.com