Raiders make slew of roster moves

By Steve Corkran
Monday, May 13th, 2013 at 3:13 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders on Monday signed seven free agents and claimed wide receiver Andre Holmes off waivers from the New England Patriots.
The players signed are: cornerbacks Chance Casey-Thomas and Mitchell White, linebacker Eric Harper, wide receiver Greg Jenkins, tight end Jeron Mastrud, defenisve end Ryan Robinson and center Andrew Robiskie The Raiders signed those players after they worked out for the Raiders over the weekend.
The Raiders waived CB Adrian Bushell, C Deveric Gallington, DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, TE Mickey Shuler and LS Adam Steiner to make room on the 90-man roster for the players signed.
Here’s some background information on the players signed:

Free agents:

Chance Casey-Thomas (5-11, 190) CB – Baylor: Started all or parts of four seasons as a safety, playing with Robert Griffin III from 2009-11. Finished with 212 tackles (161 solo), six for loss, three interceptions, 18 passes defensed and three forced fumbles. Also returned punts for the Bears.

Eric Harper (6-3, 240) LB – Grambling State: Transferred from Louisiana Tech prior to his senior season, then in his first season as a college starter had 54 tackles and 6½ sacks. Played primarily tight end until his transfer. Lost his house in Hurricane Katrina, which forced him to play for another high school.

Greg Jenkins (6-1, 208) WR – Alabama State: Compiled 17 touchdowns and almost 2,200 yards in the Southwest Athletic Conference’s most productive offense

Jeron Mastrud (6-5, 255) TE – Kansas State: Signed as an undrafted free agent with Tampa Bay in 2010, then spent training camp with the Bucs and the first couple weeks of his rookie season on the Patriots’ practice squad, before Miami signed him to its active roster. Played in 36 games with six starts over his first three NFL seasons (2010-12), all with Miami, catching one career pass for 8 yards. He was eligible to participate in the rookie mini-camp despite being fourth-year player because he did not receive a qualifying offer or minimum salary tender from his previous team (Miami) upon expiration of his contract.

Ryan Robinson (6-4, 255) DE – Oklahoma State: A junior-college transfer, started his senior year at OSU and finished second on the team with six pass breakups, in addition to 32 total stops (25 solo), 8½ tackles for loss and 2½ sacks. Spent two years at Jones Community College. Father and three uncles played college football. Two of those uncles played for the New York Jets and Washington Redskins, respectively.

Andrew Robiskie (6-1, 297) C – Western Illinois: Started the final 25 games of his career on the offensive line, including his senior year exclusively at center. Helped the Leathernecks to a record-setting year and an NCAA playoff berth as a junior in 2011. Son of former NFL RB Terry Robiskie, now the WR coach for the Atlanta Falcons, and brother of the Detroit Lions’ Brian Robiskie.

Mitchell White (5-11, 184) CB – Michigan State: In 43 college games, finished with 26 career tackles (12 solo) and one pass defensed. Played primarily as a reserve defensive back and special-teams contributor during his four years with the Spartans. A former walk-on, earned a scholarship prior to his sophomore campaign. Also competed as a high-jumper on the Michigan State track team. Identical twin brother, Myles, a WR at Louisiana Tech, signed late last month as a non-drafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers.

Waiver claim:

Andre Holmes (6-4, 210) WR – Hillsdale: Third-year player was waived by the New England Patriots Friday. Played in seven games with the Dallas Cowboys last season, registering two receptions for 11 yards. Joined the Cowboys as a free agent for the final four games of the 2011 season, but did not see action. Entered the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Hillsdale, where he was teammates with current Raiders T Jared Veldheer.

• R8ER MIKE

inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    you guys smoked that wax yet?

****************************
    ?? havent heard of that yet.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

There it is, Cornel West.

Dude is funny. He was on Hannity a few weeks ago with Tavis Smiley bashing O’bumski.
    ————————
    He’s been on the Prez for awhile now.

• dr_robert

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

LOL

You are like that black scholar dude with the big Afro who always wears scarves, uses big words out of context and makes zero sense.
    ————————-
    Dr Cornell West, Professor at Princeton?
    Yeah, I know you people in flyover country think Universities are for Liberal phags.

********

Where’d u go to skool Kell?

• inonewordraider

dr_robert Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    Inone–respect for ur comments today.
    ________
    thanks

• theghostronin79

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    Theghostronin79 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I mean, it’s one thing to read all the tweets from Cork and those guys but, I like hearing about how the rookies look from a fans standpoint too.
    ———————-
    For the record, after watching TP at practice last year. I posted his passes were wobbly.

===========

I remember…. I also remember thinking “DAMNIT” after I read that, cause I was hoping he’d have improved more.

• inonewordraider

R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    you guys smoked that wax yet?

****************************
    ?? havent heard of that yet.
    _____________

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    you guys smoked that wax yet?

****************************
    ?? havent heard of that yet.
    ========

look like lil boogers, but taste delicious (sweet) and gets you high ass fk
    Its “the new wave of smokin’”
    Step ur game up ODB!
    lol

• dr_robert

Oswald bates. That’s missdick.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

you guys smoked that wax yet?
    ======

Just tried it about a month ago?
    Nice taste and a cool ass high
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

What’s that?

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

DMAC Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

you guys smoked that wax yet?
    ======

Just tried it about a month ago?
    Nice taste and a cool ass high
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

What’s that?
    ========

Awwwwww
    Not u 2 BFAM
    Step ur game up!!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    you guys smoked that wax yet?

****************************
    ?? havent heard of that yet.
    ========

look like lil boogers, but taste delicious (sweet) and gets you high ass fk
    Its “the new wave of smokin’”
    Step ur game up ODB!
    lol
    $$$$$$$$

Is it THC?

• DMAC

pure canabis

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL I’m not as hip as used to be. I’m getting older I guess.

• inonewordraider
  • The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

Dr_robert Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

LOL

————————-
    Dr Cornell West, Professor at Princeton?

********

Where’d u go to skool Kell?

——-

School! Nob, that’s your first funny joke ever on the blog

Congrats

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RaiderRockstar Says:

@Purv

what do you think about Cribbs?
    think that would be a good signing?
    ====================================================

Heck, I don’t know. What is he 29? Yeah, I’d take a chance on his knees. Our return game has sucked for so long, other than a few highlights from Johnnie Lee and Jacoby, that it would be nice to have someone that at least was good at it for an extended period of time. If he and the doctors say he’s good to go, roll the dice.

• DMAC

Its dope BFAM
    You’ll like it
    Nice flav.

• R8ER MIKE

look like lil boogers, but taste delicious (sweet) and gets you high ass fk
    Its “the new wave of smokin’”
    Step ur game up ODB!
    lol

*********************
    wtf ?? a fukin blow torch to light it ??
    think i will stick with my bong and blunts !!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

BFAM,

I see. Thx.

• DMAC

We have kick returners
    We need a punt returner

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

look like lil boogers, but taste delicious (sweet) and gets you high ass fk
    Its “the new wave of smokin’”
    Step ur game up ODB!
    lol

*********************
    wtf ?? a fukin blow torch to light it ??
    think i will stick with my bong and blunts !!
    =========

No blow torch
    I just smudge a bit in my blunt or joint
    Tasty!

• dr_robert

It’s funny that I’ve been pit in the position of “anti-black” cuz I’m the guy most white people ask “u know ur not black right?”

But I despise racism by anyone and I call it out. But on here, if I call it out, it automatically means im racist.

And if I don’t accept the ludicrous assertions of greatness about Pryor, I’m the grand wizard.

Oh well. Gotta stand strong against ignorance.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Wow, Chuck Muncie, dead at 60.

R.I.P

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

inonewordraider Says:

it’s f’d up to make this pryor v flynn/wilson thing racial

it’s dividing some of the nation and it’ll probably get worse
    ====================================================

I’m sure that’s the last thing Miss Tick would want.
    He tried so hard to keep race out of it when he championed Pryor over Palmer.

• javier

Bring in C-Wood.. We need all the help we could get!

• R8ER MIKE

I just smudge a bit in my blunt or joint
    Tasty!
    ***********************
    lol .. i am still getting used to flavored wraps !!

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:09 pm
    Wow, Chuck Muncie, dead at 60.

R.I.P

———–

Did you just wake up from another nap?

Maybe the contract we offered him was a vet min, with injury provisions, so we were ok to take the risk, where as the Jets simply chose not to.

***

@Bcz

are you hoping Cribbs signs with us?

He told a Lions beat writer that he wants to play for a winner yesterday when he left their facility without a contract. Also said that Detroit was “high” on his list of possibilities.

oxymoron? they finished 4-12 just like us

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I just smudge a bit in my blunt or joint
    Tasty!
    ***********************
    lol .. i am still getting used to flavored wraps !!
    =======

Stop smokin those ODB!!!

• DMAC

Later peoples!

Go A’s!
    Go Dubs!
    Go Raiders!
    Go Cal Bears!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

BFAM,

I don’t go to dispensaries. I refuse to get a card. Do you need a card for alcohol?! BS! Is just another way for big brother to know your business. F them.

• R8ER MIKE

Stop smokin those ODB!!!

*************************
    ?? why ??

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:10 pm
    I just smudge a bit in my blunt or joint
    Tasty!
    ***********************
    lol .. i am still getting used to flavored wraps !!
    $$$$$$$$$$$

C’mon dude! That stuff is nasty and you can’t taste the trees. Glass or paper and blunts occasionally.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

DMAC Says:

pure canabis
    ======================================================

Anyone remember honey oil?

• dr_robert

Raider o–are u also RaidO?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Later BFAM.

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:10 pm
    I just smudge a bit in my blunt or joint
    Tasty!
    ***********************
    lol .. i am still getting used to flavored wraps !!
    $$$$$$$$$$$

——

Brahs, the Dawg duct taped his bong to the side of his skateboard and gets high everytime he hits Venice Beach

But if I’m kicking back in my waterbed with a few hizzies, I prefer to smoke their doobies

DAWGGY STYLE

• dr_robert

Sounds like the Raiders gave Woodson an offer.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

RR

I think we should look at Cribbs.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:13 pm

BFAM,

=======================================================

Didn’t know you needed a card to buy. They did away with the paperwork for growing, didn’t they?
    Not that I care, I grow very little and partake less and just keep accumulating it. Just kind of stopped around 30. Very infrequent and usually genuinely medicinally these days.

• dr_robert

Titus young has a mental disorder according to his dad.

Poor kid. Hope he gets treatment before its too late.

I’m sure missdick thinks its the white culture that caused it and they don’t have mental illness in Africa.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

dr_robert Says:
    Raider o–are u also RaidO?
    ===========================================================

Oh, hell no!

• dr_robert

They offered the woodchuck (my name for him–chuck Woodson)

• dr_robert

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:23 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    Raider o–are u also RaidO?
    ===========================================================

Oh, hell no!
    ***********

Is there a difference? Are they both pro-Pryor anti-dr Robert?

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

Yo Brahs, for those of you keeping up with the Kardashians, looks like Kanye is about to kick KK to the Kurb

While the Dawg would still prefer to nail Kendall or perform a romantic 69 on her lovely va-jay-jay, he’d entertain an offer to hump Kimmy

Pretty sure the ho would film it for a new sextape, and use the Dawg’s name to regain her fame

LIKE HELLA DANG

new post

• SnBG

Woodson’s agent is going to use the Raiders offer to get more money somewhere else. I don’t think Woodson really wants to play here. He doesn’t have the fondest of memories for this place

• manmarquez

bring Stevie Brown!

• Baked Ham

.rbMenu { background-color: #E7E7E7; margin: auto; }
    .rbMenu .rbT div { background: url(/s/c.php/tl_10_E7E7E7_84a3dc.png) no-repeat top left; }
    .rbMenu .rbT { background: url(/s/c.php/tr_10_E7E7E7_84a3dc.png) no-repeat top right; }
    .rbMenu .rbB div { background: url(/s/c.php/bl_10_E7E7E7_84a3dc.png) no-repeat bottom left; }
    .rbMenu .rbB { background: url(/s/c.php/br_10_E7E7E7_84a3dc.png) no-repeat bottom right; }
    .rbMenu .rbT div, .rbMenu .rbT, .rbMenu .rbB div, .rbMenu .rbB { width: 100%; height: 10px; font-size: 1px; }
    .rbMenu .rbC { margin: 0 10px; }

• Baked Ham

dang. suppose to be a elephant.