Raiders make slew of roster moves

By Steve Corkran
Monday, May 13th, 2013 at 3:13 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders on Monday signed seven free agents and claimed wide receiver Andre Holmes off waivers from the New England Patriots.
The players signed are: cornerbacks Chance Casey-Thomas and Mitchell White, linebacker Eric Harper, wide receiver Greg Jenkins, tight end Jeron Mastrud, defenisve end Ryan Robinson and center Andrew Robiskie The Raiders signed those players after they worked out for the Raiders over the weekend.
The Raiders waived CB Adrian Bushell, C Deveric Gallington, DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, TE Mickey Shuler and LS Adam Steiner to make room on the 90-man roster for the players signed.
Here’s some background information on the players signed:

Free agents:

Chance Casey-Thomas (5-11, 190) CB – Baylor: Started all or parts of four seasons as a safety, playing with Robert Griffin III from 2009-11. Finished with 212 tackles (161 solo), six for loss, three interceptions, 18 passes defensed and three forced fumbles. Also returned punts for the Bears.

Eric Harper (6-3, 240) LB – Grambling State: Transferred from Louisiana Tech prior to his senior season, then in his first season as a college starter had 54 tackles and 6½ sacks. Played primarily tight end until his transfer. Lost his house in Hurricane Katrina, which forced him to play for another high school.

Greg Jenkins (6-1, 208) WR – Alabama State: Compiled 17 touchdowns and almost 2,200 yards in the Southwest Athletic Conference’s most productive offense

Jeron Mastrud (6-5, 255) TE – Kansas State: Signed as an undrafted free agent with Tampa Bay in 2010, then spent training camp with the Bucs and the first couple weeks of his rookie season on the Patriots’ practice squad, before Miami signed him to its active roster. Played in 36 games with six starts over his first three NFL seasons (2010-12), all with Miami, catching one career pass for 8 yards. He was eligible to participate in the rookie mini-camp despite being fourth-year player because he did not receive a qualifying offer or minimum salary tender from his previous team (Miami) upon expiration of his contract.

Ryan Robinson (6-4, 255) DE – Oklahoma State: A junior-college transfer, started his senior year at OSU and finished second on the team with six pass breakups, in addition to 32 total stops (25 solo), 8½ tackles for loss and 2½ sacks. Spent two years at Jones Community College. Father and three uncles played college football. Two of those uncles played for the New York Jets and Washington Redskins, respectively.

Andrew Robiskie (6-1, 297) C – Western Illinois: Started the final 25 games of his career on the offensive line, including his senior year exclusively at center. Helped the Leathernecks to a record-setting year and an NCAA playoff berth as a junior in 2011. Son of former NFL RB Terry Robiskie, now the WR coach for the Atlanta Falcons, and brother of the Detroit Lions’ Brian Robiskie.

Mitchell White (5-11, 184) CB – Michigan State: In 43 college games, finished with 26 career tackles (12 solo) and one pass defensed. Played primarily as a reserve defensive back and special-teams contributor during his four years with the Spartans. A former walk-on, earned a scholarship prior to his sophomore campaign. Also competed as a high-jumper on the Michigan State track team. Identical twin brother, Myles, a WR at Louisiana Tech, signed late last month as a non-drafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers.

Waiver claim:

Andre Holmes (6-4, 210) WR – Hillsdale: Third-year player was waived by the New England Patriots Friday. Played in seven games with the Dallas Cowboys last season, registering two receptions for 11 yards. Joined the Cowboys as a free agent for the final four games of the 2011 season, but did not see action. Entered the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Hillsdale, where he was teammates with current Raiders T Jared Veldheer.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

DutchRaider77 Says:

@Mistic1

Thank you Mistic, I am not sure how us poor ignorant “White Folk” would do without your profound tutelage.

Is there anything else “white folk” can work on to be better members of society?

Have you thought about working on a book or pamphlet on how “White Folk” should conduct themselves?
    =====================================================

He did attempt to educate us on the proper ‘street cred’ usage of cell phone slang on the mean streets of Oaktown.
    One of the all time blog highlights.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I am none of those. But I also will not condemn those that are. For example, I don’t agree with homosexuality nor do I think it should be legalized (marriage, etc), but I do not hate homosexuals. They are mislead individuals that need to be guided to the right path. Hatred wont get them to change their path.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

TBB,

I don’t agree with homosexuality, but I believe in civil rights and protecting minorities rights.
    Today you are the majority, tomorrow you can be a minority.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:41 am
    So in other words, Mistic: If you accuse one of us of being racist, then that’s it? We have no right to complain or dispute your label and must wear the label “racist” the rest of our lives because you personally decided it was so?

A little arrogant, don’t you think?
    ============

not at all arrogant simple truth

for any one to claim to be an anti racist there must be proof. So far racism still exist therefore there is no proof of anti racist

ask jim gray and dr rob

• hwnrdr

944.Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:03 am
    Hwnrdr,

I don’t think he is racist. The country wasn’t ready at that time. We are still not ready for an announcer to call a black athlete monkey. Say hamster, dog, cat, but don’t say monkey!

Yeah at that time…Howard Cossell’s comment had no effect on me. Hey, my mom used to always call me a monkey when I was little

• R8ER MIKE

Alvin Garrett, if memory serves. Saw it live.

*****************************************
    you are correct sir !!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$$$

Lol
    I call my daughter little monkey.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

I might start using that Cosell line when Miss Tick gets embarassed out of here and says ‘peace’.

“Look at that little monkey run!”

• R8ER MIKE

**********************
    ?? so are you a racist ??

I’m glad you got a part time job at a slaughter house

***

???

a family friend purchased, fed & raised 200 chickens. We bought 100 of them, but agreed to help him catch, kill, clean & bag all 200 of them.

20 of them were too small, so we have to wait a few weeks. Why on earth would you have to butcher chickens at a slaughter house? you are no Podunker, Raider O

• xraided

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:41 am

A little arrogant, don’t you think?
    ============

not at all arrogant simple truth

ask jim gray and dr rob

_______________

it exists ALSO because of you… don’t you get that? it’s hypocracy at it’s best.

I call my daughter little monkey.

***

so I guess when you call Dennis Allen that, he should take it as a compliment?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:43 am
    Miss Tick, I rarely address you directly because of your prevaricating and duplicitous nature. But I’llmake an exception. Shut up.

Bcz24 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:51 am

Absolutely… In Mistic’s narrow minded perception EVERYONE is racist. No point in really trying to dispute it with him. There is no defense you can have. You could marry a black woman, and he would call you racist for SAYING you married a black woman.

DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:56 am
    @Mistic1

Xraided Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:54 a

it was hilarious yesterday when he was calling rob a racist, then when he goes on to rant about how black QB’s didn’t get a fair shake etc… so he states: ‘now the league is finally catching on, so just let the brothas do their thing. they’re much harder to stop’ … so he refers to them as brothas? so that’s not racial profiling? they can run only because they’re black? comical indeed.

========================

see what i mean? Look at the above comments. not a single remark about jim gray and his rampant racism, only attempts to blast me for citing the example.

also another person says it is “racist” for me to refer to fellow black people as brotha/ brother.

look how you have been conditioned to be a racist. You defend racism by failing to stop it or be true anti racist. Then you blast those that have been victimized by it.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am
    I’m glad you got a part time job at a slaughter house

***

???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ok…… My aunt used to slaughter our rabbits in our bathtub.

• hwnrdr

961.RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:15 am
    I call my daughter little monkey.

***

so I guess when you call Dennis Allen that, he should take it as a compliment?

LOL, I don’t think that he has ever called DA a “little monkey”

Josh Cribbs left Allen Park without signing with the Lions, but told DetroitLions.com’s Tim Twentyman that Detroit is “high” on his list of possibilities.

“I want a team that’s stable and a team that’s on the verge and missing a piece to become a Super Bowl-caliber team,” Cribbs said. “I want to be with the a team that’s missing (a kick returner); that’s missing a piece of the puzzle to be great.”

• inonewordraider

______________
    what is your purpose of pointing this out?

are you trying to change people racist views?

is this the place to make such change/point such things out?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RR,

When I want to slaughter an animal, I take it to the butcher shop. Cleaner that way.

• R8ER MIKE

I just butchered 180 chickens over the weekend. That was a long stinking 12 hour day (Saturday)
    **********************************************
    i remember when i was a little kid my grandmother would grab them by the neck and give them a quick snap.
    fresh chicken dinner !!!

• R8ER MIKE

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:20 am
    RR,

********************************
    come on out my way brother O .. i can show you how to butcher a deer !!

My aunt used to slaughter our rabbits in our bathtub

***

sweet!

I bet you learned more from your aunt in 20 minutes than you have from those city slickers in Sandy Eggo the last 2 years

• DutchRaider77

Truely WTF?

I was told by a guy in college he didn’t like the word “black,” he found it offensive and wanted me to use the word “African American”…

I was told by another guy that he didn’t like the word “African American,” that it went against the concept of equality and preferred I use the word “black” instead…

I would be offended if someone called me a “redneck,” but R8ER MIKE has embraced the word and depowered it as a degratory term for “white folk.”

I find it crazy that one person can deciede what is offensive for a whole race of people…

• hwnrdr

my comment is now awaiting moderation…
    LOL…like Mark Jackson would say…Come on man!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    ======================================================

Miss Tick, I’m hurt and offended. I didn;t blast you for anything. I told you to shut up.

• Gdog

Most Raider fans simply want the best QB to play. Mistic “The IQ Vacuum” doesn’t seem to care who the best QB is, he just wants the black guy to play.

And he pretends not to understand why this is so offensive to people.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

********************************
    come on out my way brother O .. i can show you how to butcher a deer !!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I can’t do it bro. Nothing is wrong with hunting and butchering animals, I eat meat, but I can’t watch.
    You can butcher a tree and I will be happy. lol

***

nah. we catch them, kill them, dip them in hot water until the feather pull off loosely and then throw them in the chicken plucker, which removes all the feathers. then we slice them open, remove intestines (trash), seperate the heart, gizzard & liver to package on the side. wash chickens. sack them in airtight bags so that they are ready to throw in the freezer. cheaper to do it yourself, but a lot more work

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:07 am

regardless if this is true or not

realize that you incite anger

you don’t just state your opinions, you tell others how their opinions are wrong and chastise them for having a different opinion

haven’t you ever taken a cheap shot at someone out of anger?

please enlighten me if i’m wrong, but i get the feeling you see the qb debate in terms of race. you’re convinced by jc and pryor but if someone isn’t do you think they’re racist?

if that’s the case then are you racist for thinking pryor is superior to flynn or wilson?

there are black guys that aren’t convinced by pryor, so what do you make of them?

you are who you are, but why start schit?

=================

then you have idiots like this

you say “regardless if its true or not”

It is true I saw it and you can watch showtime and see for yourself. Racism should always be regarded and regarded with suspicion and contempt

then you say im “inciting anger” but jim gray didnt? Im responding to jim grays racist remark, but you blame me for the condition of anger.

for the rest of your drivel i like pryor because he is the best qb on our team and could be one of the best in the nfl

I like jc because he was the best qb since gannon and was leading us to wins

you and others make it about race because you have a problem with black people in general athlete qb or not

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:
    Ok…… My aunt used to slaughter our rabbits in our bathtub.
    ======================================================

Butcher sounds better. Slaughter sounds a little off the rails. Brings up all kinds of disturbing imagery.

• dr_robert

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 9:08 am
    I read a few articles raving about Wilson, but don’t get too excited. lets see what he does in preseason.
    Some of you people are ready to make him a starter after rookie camp, but you dismiss TP’s performance in week 17?! That makes no sense to me.
    **************

Cuz Pryor sucked. That’s why.

my comment is now awaiting moderation…

***

@hwnrdr

glad IBA finally found a filter for Laker fans!

j/k

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$

I did. She was a great lady. I learned a lot in SD. I was educated here, and I learned to respect human/ civil rights.

***

bring back Farmer O!

go back to your KY/OH roots!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

They hate Jason Campbell, Hue Jackson, Terrelle Pryor

• R8ER MIKE

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:25 am
    ********************************
    come on out my way brother O .. i can show you how to butcher a deer !!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You can butcher a tree and I will be happy. lol

**********************************************
    well i guess its kinda wrong to hunt with a Camry… but thats just being a little nit picky !!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

DutchRaider77 Says:
    =======================================================

Lenny Bruce tried to desensitize us to the ‘N’ word back in the ’60′s just by saying it repeatedly until it lost all meaning(works for any word, actually). Worked in the context of his show but obviously not at large.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

They Hate Jason Campbell, Love Carson Palmer.

They Hate Hue Jackson, Love Tom Cable.

They Hate Terrelle Pryor, Love Tim Teabow.

You get the picture.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:03 am
    @Mistic

what if Pryor ends up being the 3rd QB on the depth chart, having been outplayed by Flynn & Wilson during OTA’s & training camp?

I don’t think that will happen … but what if it does?

At that point, wouldn’t it be better for TP6 to change positions?

This kid has massive potential and we need to get the football in his hands. I wouldn’t hate to see him waste away on the bench!
    ====================

RR

1. I would be here daily screaming for allen to be fired on site. i would blame him for screwing it up just like he did last year with pryor. Remeber how he was exposed and had to go from’he isnt ready to be the back up” to ‘he will compete to be the starter’

2. i would want the raiders to cut him or trade him so he can have a shot on another team. i want the brothas to have a chance to play without being forced to play other postions, like tony martin, or lenny moore.

3. i would write off the season as we would certainly finish at the bottom again, and be painfully dull doing it. wilson and flynn simply are not fun to watch and neither will the offense they run be fun to watch. all passes 20 yards or less and sacks galore. it will be like watching paint dry slow boring predictable

• hwnrdr

982.RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:26 am
    my comment is now awaiting moderation…

***

@hwnrdr

glad IBA finally found a filter for Laker fans!

j/k

LOL

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Kooky’s up before noon and is trying to heal our wounds and end the divisiveness in here. Let’s hear it for KK!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RR,

Believe it or not I know how it’s done. We did that in the ME. I just find it cleaner and easier to pick the chicken/ goat/ sheep and then ask the butcher to take care of it (in the ME). I don’t do that in the US. I just go to the butcher shop or a grocery store.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:19 am

______________
    what is your purpose of pointing this out?

are you trying to change people racist views?

is this the place to make such change/point such things out?
    =================

you are so slow on the draw

This is in response to those that try to tell black people not to be suspicious when we see things that appear racist to us. just like he treatment of pryor last year

They are quick to blast us for saying we dont trust it, but they have nothing to say about the actual underlying issue.

this is like the mail carrier being bitten by a dog, then being raked over the coals for delivering the mail.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL ODB. Hunting in/ with a Camry. Classic.
    Don’t reload. Just refuel! Still lol.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    =======================================================

This is great news. I look forward to not reading your drivel after the games this season.

• The Big Banana

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:32 am
    They Hate Jason Campbell, Love Carson Palmer.

They Hate Hue Jackson, Love Tom Cable.

They Hate Terrelle Pryor, Love Tim Teabow.

You get the picture.

——–

I’m a Grads/Pryor fan. Where do I fit in?

• The_Judge37

987.KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:32 am
    They Hate Jason Campbell, Love Carson Palmer.

They Hate Hue Jackson, Love Tom Cable.

They Hate Terrelle Pryor, Love Tim Teabow.

You get the picture.
    ——

If you’re going to play the race card, nothing beats a Full House of Mexicans

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:26 am
    Raider O Says:
    Ok…… My aunt used to slaughter our rabbits in our bathtub.
    ======================================================

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Whatever makes you feel better llama man. Kill/ butcher/ slaughter…. All the same to me.

• jesusraiderjim

There are about 4 or 5 posters on this blog that have an agenda or are racist.

The rest of the Nation is just fine. It is so old listening to the same racist drivel that the few of you spew.

Just because you think someone sucks does not mean we are racist for Fvck sake.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The Big Banana Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:38 am
    KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:32 am
    They Hate Jason Campbell, Love Carson Palmer.

They Hate Hue Jackson, Love Tom Cable.

They Hate Terrelle Pryor, Love Tim Teabow.

You get the picture.

——–

I’m a Grads/Pryor fan. Where do I fit in?
    $$$$$$$$$$$

You don’t outcast. lol

• dr_robert

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 9:08 am
    *************

Ok. And I’m pointing out that ur a racist. That’s ok for me to do. U disparage white people every post u make. People who have never been racist.

U are the definition of a racist bigot.