1,150

Raiders make slew of roster moves

The Raiders on Monday signed seven free agents and claimed wide receiver Andre Holmes off waivers from the New England Patriots.
The players signed are: cornerbacks Chance Casey-Thomas and Mitchell White, linebacker Eric Harper, wide receiver Greg Jenkins, tight end Jeron Mastrud, defenisve end Ryan Robinson and center Andrew Robiskie The Raiders signed those players after they worked out for the Raiders over the weekend.
The Raiders waived CB Adrian Bushell, C Deveric Gallington, DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, TE Mickey Shuler and LS Adam Steiner to make room on the 90-man roster for the players signed.
Here’s some background information on the players signed:

Free agents:

Chance Casey-Thomas (5-11, 190) CB – Baylor: Started all or parts of four seasons as a safety, playing with Robert Griffin III from 2009-11. Finished with 212 tackles (161 solo), six for loss, three interceptions, 18 passes defensed and three forced fumbles. Also returned punts for the Bears.

Eric Harper (6-3, 240) LB – Grambling State: Transferred from Louisiana Tech prior to his senior season, then in his first season as a college starter had 54 tackles and 6½ sacks. Played primarily tight end until his transfer. Lost his house in Hurricane Katrina, which forced him to play for another high school.

Greg Jenkins (6-1, 208) WR – Alabama State: Compiled 17 touchdowns and almost 2,200 yards in the Southwest Athletic Conference’s most productive offense

Jeron Mastrud (6-5, 255) TE – Kansas State: Signed as an undrafted free agent with Tampa Bay in 2010, then spent training camp with the Bucs and the first couple weeks of his rookie season on the Patriots’ practice squad, before Miami signed him to its active roster. Played in 36 games with six starts over his first three NFL seasons (2010-12), all with Miami, catching one career pass for 8 yards. He was eligible to participate in the rookie mini-camp despite being fourth-year player because he did not receive a qualifying offer or minimum salary tender from his previous team (Miami) upon expiration of his contract.

Ryan Robinson (6-4, 255) DE – Oklahoma State: A junior-college transfer, started his senior year at OSU and finished second on the team with six pass breakups, in addition to 32 total stops (25 solo), 8½ tackles for loss and 2½ sacks. Spent two years at Jones Community College. Father and three uncles played college football. Two of those uncles played for the New York Jets and Washington Redskins, respectively.

Andrew Robiskie (6-1, 297) C – Western Illinois: Started the final 25 games of his career on the offensive line, including his senior year exclusively at center. Helped the Leathernecks to a record-setting year and an NCAA playoff berth as a junior in 2011. Son of former NFL RB Terry Robiskie, now the WR coach for the Atlanta Falcons, and brother of the Detroit Lions’ Brian Robiskie.

Mitchell White (5-11, 184) CB – Michigan State: In 43 college games, finished with 26 career tackles (12 solo) and one pass defensed. Played primarily as a reserve defensive back and special-teams contributor during his four years with the Spartans. A former walk-on, earned a scholarship prior to his sophomore campaign. Also competed as a high-jumper on the Michigan State track team. Identical twin brother, Myles, a WR at Louisiana Tech, signed late last month as a non-drafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers.

Waiver claim:

Andre Holmes (6-4, 210) WR – Hillsdale: Third-year player was waived by the New England Patriots Friday. Played in seven games with the Dallas Cowboys last season, registering two receptions for 11 yards. Joined the Cowboys as a free agent for the final four games of the 2011 season, but did not see action. Entered the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Hillsdale, where he was teammates with current Raiders T Jared Veldheer.

Steve Corkran

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:22 am
    Truely WTF?

I was told by a guy in college he didn’t like the word “black,” he found it offensive and wanted me to use the word “African American”…

I was told by another guy that he didn’t like the word “African American,” that it went against the concept of equality and preferred I use the word “black” instead…

I would be offended if someone called me a “redneck,” but R8ER MIKE has embraced the word and depowered it as a degratory term for “white folk.”

I find it crazy that one person can deciede what is offensive for a whole race of people…
    ======================

dutch i dont care about terms that white people use to call one another or how it affects you

one person doesnt decide for an entire race, many people of my kind are in agreement with me so are many so called whites

jim gray made a racist joke n live tv at the expense of the latino fighter he was interviewing.

unacceptable and your excuses or rationalizations dont make it ok

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Big Banana Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:38 am
    KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:32 am
    They Hate Jason Campbell, Love Carson Palmer.

They Hate Hue Jackson, Love Tom Cable.

They Hate Terrelle Pryor, Love Tim Teabow.

You get the picture.

——–

I’m a Grads/Pryor fan. Where do I fit in?
    ————————-
    Open-minded?

• The Big Banana

——

Agree. Flynn = Campbell

Though Reggie was higher on Flynn, as he spent picks on him

• jesusraiderjim

So, how about them Raiders eh?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Jesusraiderjim Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:41 am
    There are about 4 or 5 posters on this blog that have an agenda or are racist.

The rest of the Nation is just fine. It is so old listening to the same racist drivel that the few of you spew.
    ================

to try an limit racism to a few posters on this blog is plain untrue

most racist have no idea they are even being racist, it is the society we live in

jim gray isnt on this blog and he is racist

as for the “rest of the nation is fine take’ again i beg to differ, just go to the comment section on other raider boards and you will fin the same racist trash as you find here

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I used to mess with KK, but he was very kind to me when my mini pin died. I appreciate that KK. Thank you.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

A girl that rents from us asked if I knew anybody that wanted a free pig. Said sure, but it won’t be living with the llamas and actually won’t live long. She was ok with that and it was actually her point. I’m no good at it(butchering) but a mexican worker and friend is so we struck a deal. He butchers it for a third, she gets a third(finders fee) and we get a third(brokers fee, middleman).
    He only goes so far, so I sawzalled the shoulder off the front leg last week to fit in the crock pot and man is that pulled pork good. Did the shank a couple days later.
    Still got some of each in the freezer.

• jesusraiderjim

WINNING is fun, who cares how we do it?

Just Win Baby!!

Instead of Just suck Every Year Baby!

• The_Judge37

DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:22 am
    Truely WTF?

—-

That’s why i use none of those terms, i just say, “Sup OG, Triple OG”

• The_Judge37

jesusraiderjim Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:45 am
    WINNING is fun, who cares how we do it?

Just Win Baby!!
    —-

That’s all that matters

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Raider O Says:
    ======================================================

I tried being nice and without notice he’ll turn around and bite like a rabid dog. F, him.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:37 am
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    3. i would write off the season as we would certainly finish at the bottom again, and be painfully dull doing it. wilson and flynn simply are not fun to watch and neither will the offense they run be fun to watch. all passes 20 yards or less and sacks galore. it will be like watching paint dry slow boring predictable
    =======================================================

This is great news. I look forward to not reading your drivel after the games this season.

======================

not so fast purvert

i would still watch then remind everyone that i saw it coming just like i did with grad/ palmer

• jesusraiderjim

Bore me to fvcking death with a 11-5 record again and again and again!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

bannana in the tail pipe was owned by jc

lol

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    …so called whites…
    ==================================================

I’m dying to know what they are.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am

———————–
    You’re a dumb cockroach troll, I hardly ever respond to you. I want nothing to do with you. Yet, you follow me around like a lil btch everyday, trying to get my attention.

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

YO YO YO WHAT THE DELIO, NERDOS?

Beeech Diggity and his dope pube patch r n FULL EFFECT, holla!

Looks like we’ve got Nob Bust and KrappyRat on full meltdown duty, totally dope, word

Brahs, while I was enjoying a delicious brunch at ClaimJumper, I realized that the Raiders will be moving back to LA sooner than I though with Amy Cakes and her hot va-jay-jay out the door

Now I’ve really gotta get my design team on point with the blueprints for my luxury box

This thing is gonna be hella dope, the Dawg and his Dawgettes will be partying serious on Opening Day

Now just need to hire some of my minions (at minimum wage, natch) to be obedient servers so we don’t have to get up during the game for more Extreme Nachos

Nob, think your old lady will let you out to work my Luxury Box jam? I know you can use the cash, no shame in a hard knock life

WIZZLE TWIZZLE UP MY DIZZLE

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am
    Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:41 am
    So in other words, Mistic: If you accuse one of us of being racist, then that’s it? We have no right to complain or dispute your label and must wear the label “racist” the rest of our lives because you personally decided it was so?

A little arrogant, don’t you think?
    ============

not at all arrogant simple truth

for any one to claim to be an anti racist there must be proof. So far racism still exist therefore there is no proof of anti racist

ask jim gray and dr rob
    *************

Lol! U can’t prove a negative moron.

So I say ur a racist and since u can’t prove ur not, u are.

Ur such a stupid clown.

• dr_robert

Lol. I love it. According to clown boy, there is racism, therefore all white people are racist.

This guy knows no shame.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The Beeech is here! Time for Dr. Nob’s Epic Meltdown.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I guess the Raider brand brings out a lot of trolls.

They could care less about the Raiders, you can always tell, because they know absolutely noting about Football.

They’re only here to gossip and do troll schit.

Dr rob
    Purvert
    Mistic666
    SnB666

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I guess the Raider brand brings out a lot of trolls.

They’re only here to gossip and do troll schit.

Dr rob

drum roll

you guessed it so called white people

therefore only one group of people can be called racsit

• R8ER MIKE

jesusraiderjim Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:44 am
    So, how about them Raiders eh?

*********************************
    dont change the subject !!! lol lol

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:17 am
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:43 am
    Miss Tick, I rarely address you directly because of your prevaricating and duplicitous nature. But I’llmake an exception. Shut up.

Bcz24 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:51 am

Absolutely… In Mistic’s narrow minded perception EVERYONE is racist. No point in really trying to dispute it with him. There is no defense you can have. You could marry a black woman, and he would call you racist for SAYING you married a black woman.

DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:56 am
    @Mistic1

Thank you Mistic, I am not sure how us poor ignorant “White Folk” would do without your profound tutelage.

Is there anything else “white folk” can work on to be better members of society?

Have you thought about working on a book or pamphlet on how “White Folk” should conduct themselves?

Xraided Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:54 a

it was hilarious yesterday when he was calling rob a racist, then when he goes on to rant about how black QB’s didn’t get a fair shake etc… so he states: ‘now the league is finally catching on, so just let the brothas do their thing. they’re much harder to stop’ … so he refers to them as brothas? so that’s not racial profiling? they can run only because they’re black? comical indeed.

========================

see what i mean? Look at the above comments. not a single remark about jim gray and his rampant racism, only attempts to blast me for citing the example.

also another person says it is “racist” for me to refer to fellow black people as brotha/ brother.

look how you have been conditioned to be a racist. You defend racism by failing to stop it or be true anti racist. Then you blast those that have been victimized by it.

*************
    Lol. Don’t u see? He can do what he wants. If u question him, ur racist. Cuz he’s black and his people have suffered. So he’s beyond reproach.

U are required to blast white people for being racist, but ur still racist cuz racism exists and u can’t prove ur not.

Circular delusional reasoning.

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:51 am
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am

———————–

——–

K-Rat, remind me and my Blog Brahs again about how much you hate name calling

• The Big Banana

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:49 am
    bannana in the tail pipe was owned by jc

lol

——-

Misty, I thought you didn’t like name calling?

Yes, JC was so impressive he got run out of town to play caddie for Cutler. Then when he became available again Reggie said “Jason who? Get Seattle on the phone!”

Yes, we were all owned by Soup. Lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL
    Long Live The ODB!

• Gdog

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:29 am

They hate Jason Campbell, Hue Jackson, Terrelle Pryor

>>>>>

Isn’t it amazing how many racist Raider fans there are when almost all the Raider greats were black?

You guys are hilarious!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raider O Says:

———————–
    I apologize for some of the Mid -est things I’ve said to you. You’re a reasonable man.

But, I was trying to illustrate that the same type of people who hate me, probably hate you as well.

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

Raider O Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:55 am
    The Beeech is here! Time for Dr. Nob’s Epic Meltdown.

———-

PMPP N FULL EFFECT
    Smoke a phatty 4 tha Dawg, WOOF

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    Raider O Says:

———————–

——–

Ha Ha, wrong again, Old Troll Rat
    But please keep the hits a comin’!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Gdog Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:29 am

They hate Jason Campbell, Hue Jackson, Terrelle Pryor

>>>>>

You guys are hilarious!
    ——————-
    No, not all great Raiders were black, probably not even most of them.

But Raider Nation from Podunk Red States, have their own perceptions.

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:42 am
    DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:22 am
    Truely WTF?

======================

unacceptable and your excuses or rationalizations dont make it ok
    ***********
    It was Latinos. What authority do u have to be offended for them?

That’s ur reasoning when white people have opinions about blacks.

And ur very offensive when u call white people names.

Ur a HYPOCRITE!!!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I guess the Raider brand brings out a lot of trolls.

They’re only here to gossip and do troll schit.

Dr rob
    Purvert
    Mistic666
    SnB666
    Dumb Beeech
    Scourage?
    Mr Green

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:45 am

most racist have no idea they are even being racist
    ************

Then it’s not racist moron.

There has to be intent.

Of course ur there to tell us we are racist whether we know it or not.

U should be in an asylum.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    Raider O Says:

———————–

$$$$$$$$$$$$

We both made mistakes. Don’t worry about it. Your kindness to me that day outweighs all that BS.

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:48 am
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:37 am
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    =======================================================

======================

not so fast purvert

***********

Because ur sole purpose in life is to spread ur misery

• The Almighty Beeech Dawg WOOF

KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:06 pm
    I guess the Raider brand brings out a lot of trolls.

They’re only here to gossip and do troll schit.

Dr rob
    Purvert
    Mistic666
    SnB666
    Dumb Beeech
    Scourage?
    Mr Green

——————

Old Troll, next time you’re trying to put together a list for the blog, wait a while until you can figure out all the names you want to include on it

Your coconut takes at least 6 hrs to warm up, know what I mean?

• DMAC

“put sum hot sauce on my burrito baby!”

• Just Fire Baby

Jim Gray is a racist now?

What about Howard Lederman?

I know he layed off the sauce during fights a few years ago.

how did Cribbs pass a Raiders physical (and get offered a contract) , but fail a Jets physical?

just like Jared Gaither failed a Raiders physical, but passed the Chiefs physical (and got signed) in 2011 … weird

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:57 am
    Dr_robert Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:54 am

This guy knows no shame.
    ===================

what an idiot

only one group of people benefit from racism

drum roll

you guessed it so called white people

therefore only one group of people can be called racsit
    *************
    Talk about not knowing ur history.

• DMAC

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

=======

Different trainers or Dr’s??

• DutchRaider77

@Mistic1

Sorry but it gets old when you blast all “White Folk” for the comments of one Jack@$$.

Like b/c I am white I should feel resposible or connected to Jim Gray?

Jim Gray is not my elected “White Folk” representative or does he speak for me…

• DMAC

ODB

When are you driving the Camry to Oakland, CA???

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    They’re only here to gossip and do troll schit.
    ====================================================

If you got up before noon, you might get in on some football talk KK.
    But no, you get up at 11:30, wipe the sleep from your eyes and make a racially divisive comment as your 1st post of the day.
    Actually 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, usually takes you three tries to get the wording just right. And you’re talking about trolls?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

But this isn’t the 1st time I’ve been honored to be on one of your lists. Just don’t put me on one you approve of.

• dr_robert

Gdog Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:29 am

They hate Jason Campbell, Hue Jackson, Terrelle Pryor

>>>>>

You guys are hilarious!
    **********

Lol. I named my sin after Marcus Allen but I’m racist cuz I think pryors a poor passer.

These guys are embarrassing.