Raiders sign standout kick returner

The Raiders on Wednesday signed wide receiver Josh Cribbs, giving them a versatile player that can bolster their receiving corps as well as their return game.
Cribbs visited numerous teams in recent weeks, including the Raiders. Ultimately, he opted to join a team that is in a position to make use of all his talents.
“I am blessed to have the opportunity to prove myself yet again!” Cribbs said via Twitter. “Fresh start. New team, new chip on my shoulder!!!! Love u Cleveland but now it’s #2013RaiderNation.”
Cribbs, who turns 30 on June 9, spent his first eight NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns, where he developed into one of the game’s most productive kick and punt returners.
His eight kick returns for touchdowns are tied for the most in NFL history. He also amassed 1,914 yards and nine touchdowns rushing and receiving for the Browns.
Cribbs gives the Raiders another viable option on kick returns, with Jacoby Ford back from a foot injury that sidelined him all of last season. Cribbs also fills a huge void on punt returns, an area in which the Raiders struggled in recent seasons.

Steve Corkran

• Marks hair

698.. bet your àss it is.. im a fúcking terror after a loss

• xraided

Len

about your comment above about the QB’s on our roster

i hope one of them is a franchise QB. yes it doesn’t matter who it is. i’m just deathly afraid that none of them are and we’ll be in the lottery for one of them next april… the best case scenario is one of them is and we take clowney

• RaiderLen

Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:19 pm
    Knight Rider!!!! That was one of my favorite shows as a kid.
    ————————————————-
    O you are Gey. Not that there’s anything wrong with that of course.

I wear a rainbow ribbon on my chest everyday in support of Geyness.

Because by golly if you don’t demonstrate, you’re against it.

• ShanghaiSmith

RaiderLen Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 8:23 pm
    I like Hayden, Watson, Moore, Murray at face value.

Wilson, Rivera, McGee, and Bass intrigue me.

Butler and Kasa I’m doubting.

___________________________________

My feeling, exactly.

• xraided

RaiderFredinDallas Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    Great Signing Reggie.
    In Reggie we trust!
    So glad The Raiders don’t have Jerry Jones as their GM.

______________

JJ has his moments though. his draft picks as of late have been stellar.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

The Looney Toons were listed so I checked it out and it was remade inoffensive pablum. These weren’t your daddy’s Looney Toons. And I feel sorry for the kids.
    No Sylvester and Tweety Pie, Elmer Fudd and Bugs, The Tasmanian Devil, Yosemite Sam, the Martian and his dog K-9, Foghorn(mentioned earlier, the best), that boxing kangaroo, can’t remember who all I’m forgetting(obviously).
    And the incredible Mel Blanc doing ALL the voices!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:10 pm
    Raider O Says:
    A 4th/ 5th grader stoop at the humane society on his way to school to feed the animals? I’m impressed. God bless you and your parents.
    ===================================================

Buddy and I rode our bikes a couple miles to school.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I used to ride my bike all over the city in Amman/ Jordan. School was far (more than 15+ miles). Having a bike at that age = freedom. I loved my bike.

• RaiderLen

Xraided Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:23 pm
    Len

about your comment above about the QB’s on our roster

———————————–
    I hear it.

Reggie will figure it out.

He has as much time as Mark is willing to give Him.

Franchise QB’s don’t grow on trees, but it’s virtually a pre requisite if you want to win a SB.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Lowdown_in_Beijing Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Wilson to edge out Flynn by the end of Pre-season.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is going to be interesting. Wonder if Flyn is laying awake at night yet.

• DJ Johnny

rediaR Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 9:26 pm
    McCloin? I have been to McDonalds in quite some time. Looks like they’ve really changed the menu.

Limited time only… like Shamrock shakes.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Marks hair Says:
    698.. bet your àss it is.. im a fúcking terror after a loss
    ====================================================

Hope you weren’t married over the last decade.

• RaiderLen

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:25 pm
    And the incredible Mel Blanc doing ALL the voices!
    ——————————————-
    All of the above is entertainment GOLD.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderLen Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:23 pm
    Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:19 pm
    Knight Rider!!!! That was one of my favorite shows as a kid.
    ————————————————-
    O you are Gey. Not that there’s anything wrong with that of course.

I wear a rainbow ribbon on my chest everyday in support of Geyness.

Because by golly if you don’t demonstrate, you’re against it.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

You are Gey too? lol

• Try Some Reality

Looney Tunes were the schiznit.

• RaiderLen

—————————————-
    It’s like one of the 1st tangible ways of gaining independence from your parents.

I’m sure all kids look back fondly on their “Bike Years”

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    It is going to be interesting. Wonder if Flyn is laying awake at night yet.
    ========================================================

Raiders QB Matt Flynn will have mental toughness tested by Tyler Wilson
    By James Arcellana on May 13 2013

• DJ Johnny

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:27 pm
    Marks hair Says:
    698.. bet your àss it is.. im a fúcking terror after a loss
    ====================================================

Hope you weren’t married over the last decade.

I literally broke my right big toe after kicking a table when we lost to KC on a MNF game.

Freakin Terry McDaniel let Rison get past him in the last seconds…Elvis Grbac I think? Horrible.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Marks Hair Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    the simpson came first.. but who didn’t love bevis & bútthead..?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I didn’t. I’m a huge fan of the Simpsons (Bart when I was a kid, and now I like homer).

• RaiderLen

Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    the simpson came first.. but who didn’t love bevis & bútthead..?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

————————————-
    Doohhh!

• xraided

40 catches and 4 TD’s for Cribbs last year folks if you didn’t know

didn’t realize he could be a liable option as a WR

not to mention the end arounds and reverses … with a healthy DMC and Reece along with maybe Pryor being the starter/in packages … that’s a pretty enticing offense no?

• Marks hair

after one loss last yr I posted
    ” i’ve got to put out this blunt in my wifes bútthole so I can go beat my kids and shake the baby! fúck everyone!!”

• Try Some Reality

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    It is going to be interesting. Wonder if Flyn is laying awake at night yet.
    ========================================================

Raiders QB Matt Flynn will have mental toughness tested by Tyler Wilson
    By James Arcellana on May 13 2013

===========================

Interesting article. Agree that if Flynn can’t take the heat, he needs to get out of the kitchen. Unlike Campbell, where we had to let go of Grads so that he could feel comfortable as the unquestion starter. Then when disaster struck (season ending injury), Hue and the team were left with their collective d1cks in their hands and overreacted.

• SR Raider

Marks Hair Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:35 pm
    after one loss last yr I posted
    =========

Sounds about right

• DJ Johnny

xraided Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:34 pm
    40 catches and 4 TD’s for Cribbs last year folks if you didn’t know

didn’t realize he could be a liable option as a WR

I didn’t realize he had that many catches. The deal looks even better.

• xraided

RaiderLen Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:34 pm
    Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    the simpson came first.. but who didn’t love bevis & bútthead..?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

————————————-
    Doohhh!

_________________________

Lisa: “bart’s a vampire!”
    Homer: “HA HA… oh yea.. Bart’s a vampire… beer kills brain cells. now let’s go back to that, building… thingie… where our beds and TV… is”

haha sorry i’m a simpson quoting machine

love that line from Homer

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderLen Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:34 pm
    Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    Marks Hair Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    the simpson came first.. but who didn’t love bevis & bútthead..?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

————————————-
    Doohhh!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ahhh Donuts

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Had to google it. How could I forget Porky Pig and Daffy freaking Duck!

• RaiderLen

DJ Johnny Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:27 pm
    Marks hair Says:
    698.. bet your àss it is.. im a fúcking terror after a loss
    ====================================================

Hope you weren’t married over the last decade.

——————————————–
    I was at that game. Got liquored up on a Monday night, got home around 12 or 1, and had to drive to Fresno at 4am and work all day.

It happened as you say except it wasn’t T McDaniel,. He was retired by then.

I forget who the A hole was that let Rison score.

• Marks hair

im into this weird cartoon called the venture brothers nowadays.. its only for 80s kids..

• xraided

DJ Johnny Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:37 pm
    xraided Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:34 pm
    40 catches and 4 TD’s for Cribbs last year folks if you didn’t know

didn’t realize he could be a liable option as a WR

I didn’t realize he had that many catches. The deal looks even better.

______________

sorry it was in 2011 when he was healthy.

but still, that’s why Reggie was able to snag him.. he’ll be out to prove people wrong if he can stay on the field.

• Try Some Reality

I have to say that I am pretty good at mimicking Homer’s “Mmmm….DOH-NUT”

• xraided

Marks Hair Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:39 pm

_________

venture brothers is boss

as is Aqua Teen Hunger Force… the older ones. got a few seasons on DVD

• Try Some Reality

Family Guy tops the Simpson for me though.

• xraided

Try Some Reality Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:40 pm
    I have to say that I am pretty good at mimicking Homer’s “Mmmm….DOH-NUT”

________

haha yea i have a friend that sounds too much like him it’s scary

i still have a T-shirt that’s gotta be 15 years old that has him doing a jordan pose in the air reaching for a donut with the caption under the picture “Just Do-nut” HAHA classic

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Try Some Reality Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:40 pm
    I have to say that I am pretty good at mimicking Homer’s “Mmmm….DOH-NUT”
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I do it for my daughter when we are eating donuts. She loves it.

• xraided

oh yea Family Guy is hard to beat.

do you guys realize that Seth McFarlane’s work is said to be worth $2 BILLION ?!

• ENGLANDRAIDER

alex7 Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 6:44 pm
    it’s just SB, but our boy Wisniewski is ranked 10th in the NFL at Center.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Put little Wiz back at his natural position of LG. I love the guy but that is where he has been most successful in his career.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

DJ Johnny Says:

====================================================

If that’s the one I’m thinking of(9-10years ago)
    I taped it ‘cuz I was llama hiking for a week and told everybody to shut up when I got back to town. A couple inadvertantly blew it anyway but without details so I watched it and obviously knew something ugly was coming on that last drive and still almost reacted as badly as you!

• spiff

wiz would be better at lg. if we had a center. who was the rookie center taking snaps during the rookie camp. looked to have good size.

• xraided

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:46 pm
    alex7 Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 6:44 pm
    it’s just SB, but our boy Wisniewski is ranked 10th in the NFL at Center.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

______________

he wants to be Center man. he expressed his determination for it. and if he’s top 10, then bing badda boom

nobody is with me on this notion, but i want to see Watson at LG. though the downside is that it may stunt his growth at being a tackle. my thought is it gets him starting right away and he has quality help on both sides of him. V and Wiz will show him the ropes quickly.

i guess maybe he’d be too tall, but then again, Veldheer played Center and he was better than average

V-Watson-Wiz-Bris-Barnes … that’s getting the best talent we have starting … with Nix/Bergs/Barron/Parsons backing up

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Several Looney Tunes shorts are regarded as some of the greatest animated cartoons of all time. Many of the shorts were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, with two of them winning the award (For Scent-imental Reasons and Knighty Knight Bugs), and the short Porky in Wackyland has been inducted into the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.

A handful of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts are no longer aired on American television nor are they available for sale by Warner Bros. because of the racial stereotypes of black people,[23] Native Americans, Asians such as Japanese (especially during WWII, as in Tokio Jokio and Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips), Chinese and Germans included in some of the cartoons. Eleven cartoons that prominently featured stereotypical black characters (and a few passing jokes about Japanese people, as in Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs and Jungle Jitters) were withdrawn from distribution in 1968 and are known as the Censored Eleven.

In 1999 all Speedy Gonzales cartoons were banned because of their alleged stereotyping of Mexicans.[24] When many Hispanics protested that they were not offended, and fondly remembered Speedy Gonzales cartoons as a representation of their youth and nation’s individuality, these shorts were made available for broadcast again in 2002

• Try Some Reality

Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:43 pm
    Try Some Reality Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:40 pm
    I have to say that I am pretty good at mimicking Homer’s “Mmmm….DOH-NUT”
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I do it for my daughter when we are eating donuts. She loves it.

===========================

Nice. Memories she will cherish, I am sure.

• spiff

barnes has filled in at guard . plays alot better than at tackle. hopefully watson can step in and stay in at rt

• Try Some Reality

Boy howdy, yes, some of those older cartoons were awful where it came to racial stereotyping. Was watching one a couple months ago that caused the wife and I to just look at each other and shake our head. Had to turn it off.

• spiff

hopefully the tackle from boston college can step in at guard. he has good size .don’t know if he has ability

• ENGLANDRAIDER

McClain says he is not out of football?

He was never actually in it.

He’s probably on his way back to his home town right now to try and prove that (a) he’s a victim and (b) that he can do whatever the hell he likes.

I really thought that guy would succeed in the NFl but he was encumbered by his personality.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

McClain says he is not out of football?
    *that he is out….

• DKnight007

BTW, Iron Man 3 is utterly terrible and stupid!

• xraided

yea he’s done. JaPorkus #2 …
    sad that Al drafted 2 of the biggest top 10 busts of the last decade. ugh.

but hey, to Al’s credit, they seemed like good choices at the time. all the talking heads agreed with him at the time.

just terrible luck i suppose

• ENGLANDRAIDER

nobody is with me on this notion, but i want to see Watson at LG.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

X:

We had had something good going with Wiz working with Veldheer on the left. Wiz doesn’t seem to have the size or the reach to be center but he’s been great at LG.

Watson? He’s Bruce Campbell revisited.
    In addition, he’s a novice at the game. He played soccer up until 2010, not even rugby, and and worse of all he’s a Man City fan.