Raiders sign standout kick returner

The Raiders on Wednesday signed wide receiver Josh Cribbs, giving them a versatile player that can bolster their receiving corps as well as their return game.
Cribbs visited numerous teams in recent weeks, including the Raiders. Ultimately, he opted to join a team that is in a position to make use of all his talents.
“I am blessed to have the opportunity to prove myself yet again!” Cribbs said via Twitter. “Fresh start. New team, new chip on my shoulder!!!! Love u Cleveland but now it’s #2013RaiderNation.”
Cribbs, who turns 30 on June 9, spent his first eight NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns, where he developed into one of the game’s most productive kick and punt returners.
His eight kick returns for touchdowns are tied for the most in NFL history. He also amassed 1,914 yards and nine touchdowns rushing and receiving for the Browns.
Cribbs gives the Raiders another viable option on kick returns, with Jacoby Ford back from a foot injury that sidelined him all of last season. Cribbs also fills a huge void on punt returns, an area in which the Raiders struggled in recent seasons.

Steve Corkran

• DKnight007

I think Watson has some upside. Campbell just didn’t have the mentality and couldn’t pick things up quick.

I think Watson can pick it up quickly.

At least I hope.

• xraided

Spiff Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:00 pm
    hopefully the tackle from boston college can step in at guard. he has good size .don’t know if he has ability

___________

we certainly need a LG in the worst way if they don’t plan on switching Barnes inside …

• ENGLANDRAIDER

spiff Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:54 pm
    wiz would be better at lg. if we had a center.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last year they tried Parsons at center for the first couple of weeks when little Wiz was injure and it seemed to be working.

Naturally, Knapp made a decision and fiked that up.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:

Watson? He’s Bruce Campbell revisited.
    ….and worse of all he’s a Man City fan.
    =======================================================

Yep. That does it for most of us on this side of the pond,too!

• xraided

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:07 pm
    nobody is with me on this notion, but i want to see Watson at LG.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

X:

We had had something good going with Wiz working with Veldheer on the left. Wiz doesn’t seem to have the size or the reach to be center but he’s been great at LG.

Watson? He’s Bruce Campbell revisited.
    In addition, he’s a novice at the game. He played soccer up until 2010, not even rugby, and and worse of all he’s a Man City fan.

_______________

yet he was projected as the top RT of his draft class? there’s WAY more to it than just another Bruce Campbell. he has good balance and movement coming out of the gate… which is completely unlike Bruce Campbell. his intangibles are through the roof

yes at this point it’s his inexperience that’s dropping him off the radar

i think he’ll be starting week 1. our OL is bad enough to where he could get to start if he’s a fast learner

in addition, he was also a boxer. boxing teaches you to have balance and quick reaction timing … not to mention he’ll have a strong punch.

we shall see.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

DKnight007 Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I think Watson can pick it up quickly.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You do have to be smart to be on the OL-and Watson seems to be smart despite his prediliction for Man. City- but a little experience at playing the game sure helps too.
    Wishful thinking doesn’t make it that way.

• xraided

as for Wiz … hey we’ll let Sparano decide i suppose. it’s a great problem to have with him … we have a solid center/guard in him regardless of what happens.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Sparano is a big, big improvement over what we had last year.

• dr_robert

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:38 pm
    Had to google it. How could I forget Porky Pig and Daffy freaking Duck!
    ********

Bugs is the all time best. Especially when teamed up with daffy.

My wife is half Mexican and I always imitate speedys buddies to her.

“Hey Speedy. Don’t forget to bring us some cheese too.”

• xraided

no doubt he is. world’s better. that’s why i think we’ll boast the same type of OL we did in 2011.. top 5 in the league when we were rollin through the first half of the season… then the drop off. this with Wiz playing on a bum shoulder!

• dr_robert

Dknight– I thought iron man 3 was really good.

• beach

Cribbs is an excellent pickup. Remember when we had no kickoff or punt returner for the entire 2012 season?

• spiff

i thought parsons played the part good. worth looking into. then it could look like this…..

veldheer wiz parsons barnes watson

• dr_robert

Parsons sucks

• ian85

Wow Ian Rapaport just reported on NFL Network Mcclain told Oakland before the draft not to take him said he didn’t want to play on the West Coast yet Al still took him i wanted us to take Mcclain before the draft but damn if he said he didn’t wanna play here AL never should have took him mistakes like that really fcked this franchise im sure AL never cared to do his homework on Ja Lardass either

• spiff

the return game sucked because of bad blocking. the blocking sucked. if that don’t improve cribbs won’t mean nothing

• DKnight007

dr_robert Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Dknight– I thought iron man 3 was really good.

^^^^^^^^^
    You must have watched a different movie from what I saw.

Iron Man 3 was a mess IMO.

It was all over the place.

It seems like those films have got worse since the first Iron Man.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:11 pm
    ENGLANDRAIDER Says:

Watson? He’s Bruce Campbell revisited.
    ….and worse of all he’s a Man City fan.
    =======================================================

Yep. That does it for most of us on this side of the pond,too!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    Ole
    Ole ole ole
    Ole ole

• spiff

well if parsons suck, find me a center dammit.the center who sucked was that somoan dude we got from miami satele. he sucked

• xraided

Ian85 Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

______________

just proves his immaturity from day 1. yes i wish Al saw that as weakness in character… he didn’t see it that way i suppose

yea “i dont want to play football and make 20 million guaranteed” – makes sense Slolando.

we will soon hear about him going to jail for murder or attempted murder. something along those line. he has all the time in the world to be a fvckup now. PRINT IT!

• dr_robert

Lol. To each his own I guess.

I thought IM3 was the best yet and of the better super hero movies of all time.

Great dialogue. Lots of Iron Man. A lot if the newer Marvel movies don’t give us enuff of the actual superhero.

To me, Toby McGuire spider man is the best.

And Michael Keaton batman.

• beach

765. Worst NFL owner since the early ’90s. There is no debate.

• xraided

Spiff Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:29 pm

________

quite the opposite my man. he Satele was doing well in 2011 for us, before he got injured that is.

he continued to do well snapping the ball to Luck last year.

i would welcome him back at this point if Wiz is moved to LG

• beach

Mark and Reggie are going to make the Raiders a good football team again; hopefully soon, a great one!

• dr_robert

Satele definitely sucked.

And I gotta say wiz steuggled quote a bit last year.

But they apparently are keeping him there.

• xraided

Dr_robert Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:30 pm
    Lol. To each his own I guess.

I thought IM3 was the best yet and of the better super hero movies of all time.

To me, Toby McGuire spider man is the best.

And Michael Keaton batman.

___________

agreed. it was a solid super hero movie.
    you can tell it was a different director.
    Favaro does well… but i liked this guy’s angle a little more

plus the ending was epic! all those bots! that was dope chit!

this year has some epic movies coming out. Man Of Steel is going to beat them all out. i can’t fuggin wait

it starts this friday with Star Trek. it’s going to yet again be a break through in special effects.

• ShanghaiSmith

I would be hesitant to trade Murray for just about any back in this years draft.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Try Some Reality Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    Boy howdy, yes, some of those older cartoons were awful where it came to racial stereotyping. Was watching one a couple months ago that caused the wife and I to just look at each other and shake our head. Had to turn it off.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lol.

Wait a minute Mr Trysomereality!
    You were watching a looney tunes cartoon and got offended by it?

Ah yes, that fuk’n Road Runner!

• xraided

Dr_robert Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:32 pm
    Satele definitely sucked.

And I gotta say wiz steuggled quote a bit last year.

But they apparently are keeping him there.

__________

he did get pancaked at times. but he was solid and many agree.

Luck isn’t complaining right now.

• xraided

oh yea the new Thor looks really good as well. loved the first one.

• ShanghaiSmith

I think McGuffie could find some success in a Sproles type role on offense. Not sure if he has any fumbling issues, but his tape has a number of truly remarkable plays. The guy is a special athlete.

• shutdown

Woodson must need money. 37, always hurt, already won a Super Bowl, has a ring…still wants to play? Nah, needs money.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TSR,

Thx bro.

• ShanghaiSmith

I liked Thor too.. Had a good vibe. Just watched Kingpin again recently.. one of the most underrated masterpieces IMO.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

dr_robert Says:

To me, Toby McGuire spider man is the best.

And Michael Keaton batman.
    =====================================================

Like both of those,too. Toby McGuire was an inspired piece of casting that I never would have thought of.
    Critics liked both Spiderman sequals more than the original, but I didn’t.

• dr_robert

Kingpin? Woody Harrelson?

Bill Murray was hilarious. As usual.

Love the scene when woody has sex with his landlady to pay the rent and is throwing up.

“What is it about sex that makes me wanna crap? Must knock something loose.”

“Bleeeggghhhh!!!”

• ian85

We really need to run the ball with great success this year especially with no number 1 WR and no proven tight end our running game is gonna have to be the staple of our offense hopefully with the move to the power game Mcfadden can return to his 2010 and 2011 form but actually stay healthy this time

• ShanghaiSmith

I’ve recently been entranced by the black and white era shows and movies. Sometimes I think its because the people were just better, more wholesome creatures. Other times I think its just that they are dead, and I watch in the comfort of my small advantage.

• ShanghaiSmith

The soundtrack was pretty great too

• ShanghaiSmith

Chuck Connors is my hero.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

ShanghaiSmith Says:
    ====================================================

A lot of the older B&W movies were just flat out better. Without whiz bang cgi and such to lean on, you needed good stories, performances, dialogue and direction.

• dr_robert

Casablanca is amazing. Best screenplay ever.

Honeymooners set the template for every show with a schlub guy and a kinda hot wife.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

ShanghaiSmith Says:
    Chuck Connors is my hero.
    ====================================================

I’ve been surprised to find myself rewatching The Rifleman saturday mornings lately on AMC. Don’t know if it’s just a pretty good show or nostalgia on my part.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Hitchcock was great. North by Northwest, Rear Window, The Trouble with Harry, Arsenic and Old Lace, Vertigo…

• ShanghaiSmith

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:58 pm
    ShanghaiSmith Says:
    Chuck Connors is my hero.
    ====================================================

____________

I think that era ended as the 60s/70s were about breaking out of the “square” shows. Ironically, they have carried stuff so far from the “square” confines, that older stuff actually feels novel in todays age. Hard-work and doing the right thing is at the heart of The Rifleman. There are also some incredible shows now, but in a different way, filled with Good-Bad guys and Bad-Good guys. While this is maybe closer to reality, I think that it might not positively influence society to the same degree.

• ShanghaiSmith

Doesn’t everybody have a celebratory dance for when Perry Mason comes on? “DuNuNuNuuuuuuuuuh Nuh NUH!”

• ShanghaiSmith

Mason (whoever that actor is) had the right eyes to portray that flutter of Poe/Sherlock H. genius, the right seriousness to suspend belief

• Try Some Reality

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 11:34 pm
    Try Some Reality Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 10:58 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lol.

Wait a minute Mr Trysomereality!
    You were watching a looney tunes cartoon and got offended by it?

Ah yes, that fuk’n Road Runner!

=================================

No, not road runner. Not any of the well known characters. Talking some of the older cartoons depicting. Won’t go into details cause this forum has too much race bs as it is but those that have seen them know.

• Relentless

So exactly what positions are left that we need to fill?

• Relentless

Dr Gleason brought in the cash which ever gold digger wanted he got married to one she stepped outta place and needed a smack :D