McClain issues statement

Former Raiders middle linebacker Rolando McClain issued a statement Thursday about his future. Make of it what you will, just passing it along:
“Clearly, my decision to retire has raised some questions. Quite simply, I love football, but I have decided at this time it is in my best interest to focus on getting my personal life together. Beyond that, I am not sure what the future holds for me, including football. This was entirely my decision and the Ravens have been very supportive during this process. I am very grateful for the opportunity they gave me and wish them the best of luck in the future. God willing, maybe I’ll play for them one day.”
McClain was released by the Raiders earlier this year after three disappointing seasons with the team that selected him No. 8 in the 2010 NFL draft. He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens but opted to retire several days ago.

Steve Corkran

• The_Judge37

ES&D Rolando McClain

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Fu** you McClain, only thong Denise did right last year

• Marks hair

rehab

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

McClain loves football…but not as much as “thuggin’ it.”

Kind of like how JaMarcus loves football…but not as much as Purple Drank and cheeseburgers.

Shouldn’t he have thanked Al Davis for the $40 million contract 3 years ago?

• RaiderDebo

NFL’s biggest arm? Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford in the mix
    NFL.com
    Published: May 16, 2013 at 02:23 p.m.

New Miami Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace waxed poetic about Ryan Tannehill and his “cannon” arm during an interview with the Miami Herald earlier this week. But one comment raised some eyebrows: “Ryan may be able to throw the ball a little farther than Ben.”

Yes, that’s Ben, as in Ben Roethlisberger, Wallace’s old QB with the Pittsburgh Steelers and one of the best vertical passers in the game today. Strong words. But this is fitting, in a conversation about strong arms.

Let’s broaden the topic out to the entire league: Who has the biggest arm in the NFL today?

Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com

Packers’ Rodgers has owned NFL’s best arm for awhile
    To me, it’s Aaron Rodgers. I think the Green Bay Packers quarterback has been the answer to this question the past few years. The ball jumps off his hands a little different than everyone else. The velocity, and the ability to have accuracy with that velocity sets Rodgers at the very top of that list.

In terms of historical perspective, I have a hard time putting anyone in the class of Dan Marino. The best arm I ever scouted? JaMarcus Russell. He had a hose.

Steve Wyche NFL.com

Players believe Bucs’ Freeman packs biggest arm
    There are plenty of big-armed guys out there: Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton. A guy who doesn’t get talked about too much, though, who players have mentioned to me, is Tampa Bay’s Josh Freeman.

Freeman clearly can make all the throws when his mechanics are on point — which isn’t always the case — and too many guys have told me that when the ball leaves his hand, it’s like a missile being blasted from a launcher. For Freeman, who is entering a contract year in 2013, he needs to make ideal use of his arm, improve on last season, and lead the increasingly stacked Bucs to the playoffs.

Charley Casserly NFL.com

Lions’ Stafford has arm to make all the throws
    My vote is Matt Stafford. I think the Detroit Lions quarterback has the strongest arm in the NFL. Stafford can make all the throws. He can hit the deep out, flat-footed, better than anybody in the game.

Ryan Tannehill has a good arm but it’s not as strong as Stafford’s. Ben Roethlisberger is the best quarterback in the NFL at moving in the pocket and hitting the deep ball. But Stafford still has the stronger arm.

Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com

Cutler boasts the game’s best fastball
    For pure “I can throw the ball faster than you can,” I’ll roll with Jay Cutler. He gets extra points for throwing said fastball from strange positions, under pressure.

I thought about Matthew Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. And Colin Kaepernick wins the award for most frighteningly fast pregame warm-up throws.

Jason Smith NFL.com

There’s a reason Brees throws for 5,000 yards a year
    Drew Brees’ arm strength amazes me. To think his career was in question because of a shoulder injury a few years ago, and to see where he is now? It’s incredibly impressive. Sure, Jay Cutler and Michael Vick are going to get their due for strong arms, but what sets Brees apart is how he throws his deep ball. There’s no one, and I mean no one, who can throw the ball as deep, with these three huge qualities:

1. Velocity: It doesn’t look like he throws it very hard with his easy motion, but it gets there just as fast as the other top guns.

2. Accuracy: There’s plenty of guys who can chuck it long and make you say “Wow, he threw that one 75 yards!” But more often than not, it’s a jump ball or it’s off-target. Brees seems to always arrive in his receivers’ arms in the perfect spot.

3. Catchability: Sometimes it’s hard to judge a deep ball because it’s too high or it’s whistling harder than you think it is. But Brees’ passes seem to follow the same trajectory without any variables. His bombs never go off someone’s fingertips or get misjudged.

He’s not the classic choice, but there’s a reason why he throws for 5,000 yards a year.

Adam Rank NFL.com

Known for his feet, Vick also has arm strength that sets him apart
    Michael Vick has been viewed by some as the most gifted quarterback in the NFL. Most people focus on his running ability, but to me, he’s got one of the biggest arms in the NFL, if not the biggest. (And no, I’m not talking about his fake commercial.)

People have questioned Vick before. Just ask the Washington Redskins, who called him out in 2010. Vick answered by uncorking a bomb on the first play of the game, an 88-yard touchdown to DeSean Jackson. Yes, it was three seasons ago, but it spoke volumes on how talented Vick is on the football field.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I love this sht! You knew JR would have to get his due. Surprised as hell that Flacco was barely mentioned though.

Darren Sproles & Danny Amendola won’t miss #55

• RaiderDebo

Good luck buddy. Hope to see you back soon.

• bcz24

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    Shouldn’t he have thanked Al Davis for the $40 million contract 3 years ago?
    **************
    Oh no… according to a certain somebody the Raiders are at fault for not diagnosing and treating his post traumatic slave syndrome. The $40 million are his reparations.

• The_Judge37

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    Shouldn’t he have thanked Al Davis for the $40 million contract 3 years ago?
    ——-

“And I’d also like to thank Al Davis for allowing me time and time again to post Bond” – RM

• hwnrdr

That is the first step, right?

• The_Judge37

RaiderDebo Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    Good luck buddy. Hope to see you back soon.
    —–

Hopefully in a Broncos jersey, with Grass stains on the back of it

• The_Judge37

hwnrdr Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:17 pm
    That is the first step, right?
    —–

As usual, he’s late with it

• SilverLining20

Bobby April + Cribbs + one year contract, hard workers + ten draft picks = major special teams upgrade?

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Debo’s now taken up the cause of McChump as well?

What is he, The Patron Saint of Lost Causes?

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

SilverLining20 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

======================================

Should be.

• Marks hair

slolando reminded me of robby the robot from forbidden planet..

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

A complete POS. Kid will be dead in three years at this rate.

***

@Bcz

you serious?

• PilagingJustForFun

Head, Head, and more Head!

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

***

@Bcz

you serious?

=====================================

He was referring to Mistic, who showed up yesterday blathering about something called “post traumatic slave syndrome.” When I asked him what he was talking about, he wouldn’t say.

• dr_robert

Dr_ Robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:03 pm
    PilagingJustForFun Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Don’t think Pryor gonna get a fair shot!!!
    ”””””””””””””””’
    That’s because he’s very chocolate individual and Reg is a racist. Reggie doesn’t like anyone darker than him.
    ********

Ur saying Reggie is like one of those chocolate covered oranges they sell around Christmas?
    ***
    Might depend if you are talking about milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
    **********

I see myself as white chocolate and u as carob.

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Seymour Bush Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:21 pm
    A complete POS. Kid will be dead in three years at this rate.

===========================================

A guy who lives like a chump will either change or die like a chump.

• dr_robert

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    Debo’s now taken up the cause of McChump as well?

What is he, The Patron Saint of Lost Causes?
    ***********
    Maybe debo works at a soup kitchen and is one of those kind hearted people who never give up on anyone.

I’m with u debo. In their lives. Not in football.

• PilagingJustForFun

Shows how much he cared about football! Upgrade Raiders!!

• John David Booty

SilverLining20 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    ———————-
    Yes, sir.

And say you have Cribbs and Ford back there together. Wheres the other team gonna kick it. We’ll see if Bobby has some ST tricks up his sleeve.

• PilagingJustForFun

Are the Coordinators suppose to be smarter than the HC??

• Dr_ robert

dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Dr_ Robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:03 pm
    PilagingJustForFun Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Don’t think Pryor gonna get a fair shot!!!
    ”””””””””””””””’
    ********

***
    Might depend if you are talking about milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
    **********

I see myself as white chocolate and u as carob.
    ***
    I’m white as milk. Don’t forget the wifey is half abuelita chocolate with some white marshmellows.

• chappy23us

eat a d!ck rolando!

• inonewordraider

all the work they put in to get to this level but the $ is what finally breaks em

sad

• John David Booty

PilagingJustForFun Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    Are the Coordinators suppose to be smarter than the HC??
    ————————–
    Maybe Reggie is really determined to make “his guy” look good.

• PilagingJustForFun

Maybe Cribbs takes some extra pressure off Ford so he can focus on Receiver

• PilagingJustForFun

Couldn’t hurt

• Just Win Baby

I hope McClain can get his house in order. I don’t really care if he never plays football again, but I don’t want to see the young man self destruct. Everyone makes mistakes and bad choices when they are young, unfortunately getting your act together doesn’t make you any faster.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Seymour Bush Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

A complete POS. Kid will be dead in three years at this rate.
    —————————
    Let’s hope not, ok?

• JLofty

I hope McClain can indeed get his life together.
    I don’t care about him so much personally but young lives shouldn’t wasted. Maybe he can find his calling and make something outta hisself…

• The_Judge37

I’m going to be real, I hope he does self destruct, and goes for the Full Monty Meltdown.

• SnBG

Bye Bye Rolondo. See you on the street selling coconuts some day.

• The Florida Pete

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Shouldn’t he have thanked Al Davis for the $40 million contract 3 years ago?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

wow… he thanx the fukking ravens…

and no shout out for the $40 mill he screwed the raiders out of…

piss on this moron…

• SnBG

KoolKell Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Seymour Bush Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

A complete POS. Kid will be dead in three years at this rate.
    —————————
    Let’s hope not, ok?
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Don’t say that, you never know, he could turn his life around

• R8ER MIKE

piss on this moron…

**********************
    not even if he was on fire !!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Christians……………….lol.

• dr_robert

It will come out that McClain has a drug problem.

I commented at one point last season that he appeared to be in drugs during the game.

Kind of disconnected. Not really paying attention to the play in front if him. Almost wandering and getting involved tying up with guys who weren’t near the ball.

Purple drank? Psychedelics? Mental disorder?

In the words if Dr. Henry Lee of the OJ trial: “Something wrong.”

• SnBG

Dr_ Robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    Dr_ Robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:03 pm
    PilagingJustForFun Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Don’t think Pryor gonna get a fair shot!!!
    ”””””””””””””””’
    ********

***
    Might depend if you are talking about milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
    **********

I see myself as white chocolate and u as carob.
    ***
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    I’ve got sort of a mild butternut squash glow about me

• dr_robert

It’s only football. I don’t wish him ill. He was sh1t as a player but I hope he gets well.

• dr_robert

That post traumatic slave syndrome is a b1tch.

• John David Booty

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

sad
    ——————-
    Playing NFL football, which is the highest level of competition on the planet, has to be an amazing thing in itself. To get paid even as much as the vets minimum to play a sport we all love is really a crazy concept.

• DutchRaider77

9.bcz24 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm
    Shouldn’t he have thanked Al Davis for the $40 million contract 3 years ago?
    **************
    ________________________________________________

You cannot forget the taint of the White man’s culture inflicted upon Russell. The white man’s culture really screwed up Russell…Fur coats and diamond rings, he dressed like a rich white women…poor guy

• SnBG

Rolondo is a dark chocolate truffle gone bad

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Funny how many of those we’ve had recently. If only we’d had a scouting Dept.