McClain issues statement

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, May 16th, 2013 at 1:12 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Former Raiders middle linebacker Rolando McClain issued a statement Thursday about his future. Make of it what you will, just passing it along:
“Clearly, my decision to retire has raised some questions. Quite simply, I love football, but I have decided at this time it is in my best interest to focus on getting my personal life together. Beyond that, I am not sure what the future holds for me, including football. This was entirely my decision and the Ravens have been very supportive during this process. I am very grateful for the opportunity they gave me and wish them the best of luck in the future. God willing, maybe I’ll play for them one day.”
McClain was released by the Raiders earlier this year after three disappointing seasons with the team that selected him No. 8 in the 2010 NFL draft. He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens but opted to retire several days ago.

• R8ER MIKE

?? maybe Rolondo can become JaMarcus’ life coach ??

• SnBG

Dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    That post traumatic slave syndrome is a b1tch.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Is it treatable?

• R8ER MIKE

lol .. or vice versa !!

• inonewordraider

lyle alzado

todd marinovich

barrett robbins

darrell russell

anthony smith

jamarcus russell

rolando mcclain

….

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Funny how many of those we’ve had recently. If only we’d had a scouting Dept.
    Or, a stronger organization.

• John David Booty

Alabama just needs help in general.

There, guys like Rolando and King Elexis Jamarcus are still considered successes, no matter what. It’s really not even a matter of race, it’s a matter of class. Lot of poor and extremely under-educated people there. Imagine those that CAN’T play football and what the quality of their lives are.

• SnBG

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    lyle alzado

todd marinovich

barrett robbins

darrell russell

anthony smith

jamarcus russell

rolando mcclain
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Did Reg draft all of those guys?

• realtruraider

Bcz24 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am
    Show me 1 single instance of a team that finished 8-8 (mediocre) and then had to contend with a $30 million dollar cap deficit, with only 5 draft picks all 97th overall or later.

Show me 1 instance of any team since the inception of the salary cap that started a season $30 million over the cap, and still had a winning season.

———————————————————–

The Colts last year? Heck they finished 2-14 and was considered to have one of the worst rosters ever…..well until this years Raiders

• The_Judge37

KoolKell Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    Funny how many of those we’ve had recently. If only we’d had a scouting Dept.
    Or, a stronger organization.
    ——

Or players who just aren’t complete Pu$$ie$.

The Tooz is rolling over and doing lines in his grave.

• The_Judge37

realtruraider Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    Bcz24 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am

———————————————————–

—–

Donkeys finished 8-8 the year before and had a HC/GM that traded away their picks.

• SnBG

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    You can’t compare the colts situation to the Raiders

• dr_robert

SnBG Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    That post traumatic slave syndrome is a b1tch.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Is it treatable?

***********
    Yes, but apparently the treatment causes insanity. See missdick for exhibit A.

• rediaR

The_Judge37 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    Bcz24 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am

———————————————————–

—–

———————–
    They seemed to have enough money to pay one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

• Dr_ robert

John David Booty Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:00 pm
    Alabama just needs help in general.

****
    Very true I was down there for a Club meeting and these folks play music by blowing on jars and play funny looking guitars on their porch while chewing on hay. These are the white folks!!!

• rediaR

They also didn’t whiff on their recent high draft picks.

• dr_robert

Big R. Looks like u added an extra space between the underscore and the capital R.

What happened?

• Dr_ robert

dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

What happened?
    ***
    Nothing it’s been the same handle since I started. You can always go back to other posts and reference if you like…

• dr_robert

Soon ur gonna have as many modifications to ur handle as beeech.

• dr_robert

Dr_ Robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

What happened?
    ***
    *********
    U mean since u started as my impostor.

U never answered why u try to emulate me.

I guess u recognize greatness.

• SnBG

The Colts have been perenial contenders with ONE bad season in an otherwise stellar run. To wit: 2007: 13-3; 2008: 12-4; 2009: 14-2; 2010: 10-6 and then they had their bad season in 2011 when they went 2-14 and got the first overall pick. The Raiders have been without a winning season since 2003.

• Dr_ robert

Cork e-mailed me to personally tell me that I’m funnier than you little ‘r’, true statement. Becker also thinks I am the new wave of bloggers. He wanted me to upgrade my name from Dr to King. Told him I was flattered but I’m here for my people and don’t want to look arrogant.

• SnBG

I could see Woodson with a string tie and a pork pie hat playing jazz in the 50′s with Train

• DutchRaider77

70.SnBG Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

____________________________________________-

Wasn’t there some speculation that they may have not given maximum effort to “Suck for Luck?”

• SnBG

DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    70.SnBG Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

____________________________________________-

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Link?

• SnBG

Flynn looks like Matt Damon

• Dr_ robert

Little ‘r’ snitching to Cork and becker really makes you look like a pu$$ee. Getting Beech banned must have made you pitch a tent.

• dr_robert

I’m Prince.

Ur Terrence Trent D’arby.

• JLofty

I almost pi$$ed my pants laughing @ #44.

• Dr_ robert

dr_robert Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:27 pm
    I’m Prince.

Ur Terrence Trent D’arby.
    *****
    Ahhhhh that was a strike little ‘r’. I know can do better than that.

• dr_robert

Beeech got himself banned. Can’t say I miss him though.

I don’t care enuff about u to snitch.

Ur just showing how great I am that u want to be me.

• JLofty

Dr Rrobert, you’d argue/talk to a cardboard cutout if we placed one near your desk wouldn’t you?

Might want to see someone about that…

• SnBG

Aron Rogers now looks like Jake Gyllenhaal. At one time he looked like Jesus

• Gdog

JLofty Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Holy melted cheeseburgers Batman.

GDog, you are obviously a distrought Raiders fan and who can blame after all the abuse we taken in the last 20 years.

But dude you are SO focused on the tiny picture the micro perspective you are arguing points that are banal.

Our entire ORGANIZATION was a disaster! ALL of it. Sadly Al wasn’t real good at transitional planning and when he passed (RIP) it was a complete dumpster fire.

You can argue whether we should have purged Seymour sooner rather than later, you can bemoan whether we should have kept Routt Whimbley Huffy McLoser, TKelly Palmer on the roster.

But facts are facts and you don’t seem or want to understand the BIG picture. We needed to burn the place down, collect the insurance money and start over.

Do I personally wish RegMcK had started earlier? – YES!
    Do I blame him for taking the time to evaluate before he lit the torch? – NO!

>>>>

If Reggie wanted to torch the place, why on earth did he wait a frigging year? To win a whopping 4 games??

The money he wasted on Seymour could have been used to sign Bryant this year. Instead we have NOBODY on the d-line but a bunch of scrubs.

And why even bring in Wheeler or Brisiel? Or even ANY free agent last year? Why bother? He wanted to torch the place but he was too scared to do it? Now we have to suffer through yet another embarrassing season.

And you think this is wonderful… great. You deserve 0-16.

• Dr_ robert

JLofty Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Might want to see someone about that…
    ***
    Jlofty it’s my imposter im the real Dr_ Robert

• RaidingTexas

There go the Ochocinco dreams.

• dr_robert

I’m the Beatles.

Ur the Monkees.

I’m the honeymooners.

Ur according to Jim.

I’m coke.

Ur RC.

• RaiderRetribution

please for the sake of Raider Nation; Jerry, Steve, or staff reporter create a new post; this is a raiders blog and I do not want to see 3987 comments loading with Rolando’s statement leading for the next 5-10 days.

• dr_robert

JLofty Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Might want to see someone about that…
    ***********

He is kinda like a cardboard cutout imitation. Or a wax figure.

• realtruraider

RediaR Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    Bcz24 Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am

———————————————————–

—–

———————–

————————————————

lol, whatever, the question was a team who finished 8-8 or worse and had $30mil in deadmoney the next year, well the Colts did just that. Just go look at there roster turnover and read articles about/during their 2-14 season, most considered them to have the worse roster EVER believe it or not, but spin away guys

• nycraider

i wonder if reggie cut mcclain too early. if he held onto to him with his legal issues and then retiring , there might have been some positive ramifications for us

• RaiderRetribution

Could McGloin actually become the Raiders’ starting QB; what does this mean for Pryor; Tyler is a rookie, Flynn has $5+ guaranteed?

Will the Raiders carry 4 qbs?

• SnBG

>>>>

And you think this is wonderful… great. You deserve 0-16.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    NIT PICKY HIND SITE ALERT! BEEP,BEEP,BEEP

• RaiderRetribution

NYC, I wonder if there still might be some financial positive ramifications for the Raiders with McClain retiring.

It would be great question to pose to Steve at the next live chat.

• ohioraider

Let’s say you have a CEO of a Fortune 100 company, let’s call it Microturd. They make tiny microprocessors out of rabbit pellets. They’re one of the best in the country at what they do and routinely vanquish the competition.

Then, one day he hires a new software designer for a nice signing bonus of $3 million. Then the software designer decides he’d rather join an ashram than lose his soul to corporate America. He keeps his bonus.

Then the CEO recruits a hot marketing director who’s known for mastering social media. She gets a $5 million dollar bonus to keep her away from the competition. Unfortunately, she takes to the social media a little to personally, and gets busted for online harassment, embarrassing the firm. Her bonus was also guaranteed because she threatened to go back to start her own firm.

Then, the following year the CEO hires a new CFO, who has an MBA from Wharton. He’s tasked with automating all of the financials. Sadly, while he’s doing that he decides to steal some of the proprietary software from the firm and sell it to a Chinese spy, who really turns out to be an FBI agent. Cost of the investigation, litigation, training, and etc: over $500,000 to the firm and a load of bad publicity.

So, my friends, let me ask you: in each of these cases and as a pattern emerges, do you simply blame the hires for breaking bad? Any culpability on the part of the CEO? And if you were a board member what would you do after the third incident?

Just askin.

• Kirk

Another Al Davis mistake.

Reggie is smart to look at character as well as ability.

• nycraider

i think bc we cut him then the ravens picked him up, we cant benefit now. but if reggie held on to him and then he retired , it would have helped our cap issues possibly..idk

• RaiderRetribution

Seymour was still the best DL we had; we were coming off consecutive 8-8 seasons. We gave it another shot; Denver signed Manning it was all over.

• SnBG

May 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am

———————————————————–

—–

———————–

————————————————

”””””””””””””””””””””
    The difference? The Colts were able to get out of salary cap hell in one year. This year, they had $41 million in cap room when the offseason started. And what did they do with all of that cap-room? They signed a bunch of questionable players: Laron Landry got $14 million guaranteed, Ricky Jean Francois was given $22 million over 4 years and someone named Gosder Cherilus was given a $34 million over 5 years. So in the one year the Colts GM had money to spend, he spent it poorly. And even with all of those signings they still have over $11 million in cap space.

• realtruraider
  • RaiderRetribution

Sine McClain never played nor practiced even, I wonder. If nothing else at least some more cap relief, real money is already gone.