Raiders set to host Woodson for visit

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, May 16th, 2013 at 7:04 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Defensive back Charles Woodson intends to visit the Raiders, if all goes according to plan, his agent said Thursday.
Woodson, 36, met with the Denver Broncos on Wednesday, but he left town without a deal. Earlier this offseason, he met with 49ers officials about the prospect of joining their team.
Woodson’s agent, Carl Poston, reportedly told ESPN that Woodson will visit the Raiders on Tuesday. Poston said earlier this week that the Raiders already made an initial contract offer to Woodson.
The Green Bay Packers released Woodson earlier this offseason in a salary-cap move. At first, Woodson said he wanted to play for a legitimate Super Bowl contender. He since has softened that stance as a result of a lack of interest.
Woodson spent his first eight NFL seasons with the Raiders, who selected him with the fourth pick of the 1998 NFL draft. He joined the Packers in 2006 and helped them win a Super Bowl during his seven seasons in Green Bay.
Woodson primarily played cornerback for the Raiders. He converted to free safety late in his Packers career.
It’s likely that the Raiders are interested in Woodson playing free safety, given they released long-time starter Michael Huff, and they don’t have a proven replacement on their roster.

Ian85 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:36 am
    Dr_robert Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:30 am
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:20 am
    then there is this

I am so glad the nfl has changed for the better. My guys will be starting all over the nfl this year

Pryor, eagle 7, r wilson, rg3, ej manual, geno, cam, kaeppy, freeman and yes…jc

**********
    Your guys? And color isn’t ur obsession? Ur a joke.
    ———————–
    While another white QB will just end up winning the Super Bowl again and Pryor will be moved to WR just like that atrocious QB Joe Webb was LMFAO hilarious how last season mystic said Webb was gonna shred GB in the playoff game lol how did that one work out ?
    **********
    Don’t go that route Ian. Some good black qbs. Some good white ones. Don’t sunk to that level dude.

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Pryor, eagle 7, r wilson, rg3, ej manual, geno, cam, kaeppy, freeman and yes…jc
    ________
    Jc and Freeman are totally different qb types than cam rgIII or vick

i don’t get it, what makes them your guys?
    ********
    It’s a puzzler

• Jonesy941

I hope we can bring Woodson in to help at FS and give advice to the rookies, I wouldn’t mind if we picked up Freeney or some other proven pass rusher.

Inonewordraider Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:39 am
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:20 am
    then there is this

Pryor, eagle 7, r wilson, rg3, ej manual, geno, cam, kaeppy, freeman and yes…jc

_____________
    what is your assessment of what happened to joe webb?

didn’t pan out, bad situation, or other circumstances…
    *********
    Had to be racism. No other reason could suffice. Could it?

• inonewordraider

I have nothing to go on but that playoff game but that was flat out embarrassing.

________
    you’re being kind.

i just know that mistic was high on this guy so i’m wondering if he thinks he was wrong about his assessment, it was the wrong system for him (he said he was better than ponder) or another cirumstance

• inonewordraider

reggie’s on a roll

bryant
    goodson
    mcclain

karma?

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:43 am
    dr_robert Says:
    Lol. Ur so transparent missdick. I like how u make ur appearance to throw off the scent that this is u too.
    ====================================================

Nah. I’m trying to figure out who tits is, too, but it’s not Miss Tick. Miss Tick stays on point(ad nauseum) and doesn’t kibbutz randomly, which is all I’ve seen tits do so far.
    Some other clues too, but I don’t want to teach cross posters how to better conceal themselves.
    **********
    Lol. But u think I’m MR half the time. Not sure in trust ur sleuthing abilities 100%.

But I love the guys who pick a never before or rarely seen handle to come pick a fight and seem to the blogs entire history.

Talk about cowardly.

• willy91137

wholly shipped now were talking about what color the quarterbacks are

I am out of here

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Willy91137 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:56 am
    wholly shipped now were talking about what color the quarterbacks are

I am out of here

=======================================

It’s 2013. Nobody except racist idiots cares what color skin a QB has. The only question is: can they play?

• ian85

O don’t worry doc i kno there r some very good black QBS and im not gonna go to that level i just like to throw it right back at him every now and again he deserves it

TitsOnARitzGoooodCracker Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:47 am
    Stupid to say I’m Mistic, for two reasons.
    First Mistic pretty much seems to have your number, and has no problem setting you up to knock you down. You’re just too slow to avoid it.
    Secondly I’m not as nice as Mistic.

And again, you can’t resist playing the race card.
    I see you ignored my comment how you love to make racist comments, then say it’s a joke.
    A whole slew here say you are a racist ahole. Lots. Maybe in the dozens. Your answer to everyone is “can’t help it if you don’t have a sense of humor”.

Don’t all racist dirtbags say that, when confronted?
    of course you do.
    ***********
    Missdick makes a fool of himself daily. And I obliterate him with easy logic and truth.

Sounds like u wanna go down in him though.

People say I’m racist? A few morons do. Not my problem if they’re too stupid to know better.

I do make jokes. But racist ones. Ur too stupid to know that.

Not racist ines

• bcz24

I still think we need a pass rusher more than 37 year old broken down Charles Woodson
    *********
    Why can’t we have both.

• Jonesy941

Why do you even respond to that guy your just fueling his fire just ignore him he wants attention.

• mikeschoice

wow reggie hittin on all cylinders -now goodson arrested – unfortantely these are the things the old regime was ill equiped scout wise and management wise to have a hold on.

Ian85 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:59 am
    ********
    Oh they do deserve it. That’s why I don’t let them go. Cuz they get call tied up in knots.

Racists deserve to have it rubbed in their face.

Well maybe I should be nicer and “reach out to them” but it’s a weakness. I just hate liars.

I just ask that u keep it from making u lash back in an ugly way. They can get to u but its best to just rag on their lies.

Just my opinion. I doubt ur racist but I don’t want to see u join in the ugliness.

Jonesy941 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    **********
    U may be right (if ur talking to me)

On the other hand, if ur talking ABOUT me, then ur one if the bad guys.

• Jonesy941

Racism is a part of life white people and black people Hispanic people Asian and so on all do things differently thus stereotypes, its about acknowledging it and knowing whats wrong and right to say.

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:58 am
    Willy91137 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:56 am
    wholly shipped now were talking about what color the quarterbacks are

I am out of here

=======================================

**********
    This should be true.

Missdick poisons the board and some of us let him have it.

Perhaps it’s the wrong approach.

• Jonesy941

I work with many different races of people in a restaurant, we are all racist in a sense but its ok we hate all people equally…

• dr_robert

Some chines despise the Japanese.

Some southerners hate the Yankees.

Some Croats hate the Serbians. .

Some Protestants hate Catholics.

The hatfields hate the mccoys.

It’s all stupid and just breeds more hate.

Rodney King: “Can’t we all get along?”

Depeche Mode: “People are people do why should it be that u and I should get along so awfully”

Jonesy941 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:11 pm
    *******

The customers right?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Truth be told, despite my own theory that MR upped his game and became both Miss Tick AND Dr_rob for maximum blog disruption, I gradually moved away from that idea, though Miss Tick shares many of MR’s irritating ‘qualities’.
    Rereading all of tit’s posts here today, I think we may have indeed witnessed the return of ‘the real madden raider/sullivan 44, et al.

• ian85

Def not a racist Doc. I just don’t like Mystic is all he is the biggest pos on this blog.

• jesusraiderjim

inonewordraider Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:56 am
    reggie’s on a roll

bryant
    goodson
    mcclain

karma?
    ==========================================

What ever it is Reg looks pretty smart right about now.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

dr_robert Says:

Rodney King: “Can’t we all get along?”

=======================================================

C’mon people now
    smile on your brother
    everybody get together
    got to love one another
    right now

• SnBG

Bcz24 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    *********
    Why can’t we have both.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    We could but I worry that Woodson won’t hold up. hen we’ve just wasted a spot and money. Plus I don’t really think he want’s to be here. It’s not 2am at Joes bar and were the last ugly girl standing.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

jesusraiderjim Says:
    What ever it is Reg looks pretty smart right about now.
    =======================================================

Told you he finally got a Kluwe.

• dr_robert

Purvis–u could be right. Seems to be looking for trouble.

Heck, I almost fell for ur hypothesis about me and missdick. It made sense. Then I remembered I wasn’t insane.

Ian–yeah. He’s a piece if work. Like all lying scumbags, they do their best to get u to sink to their level so they can u the bad guy.

I probably should do the Christian thing and remain above the fray, while consistently showing him love. Sigh. It’s hard work though.

• SnBG

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    dr_robert Says:

Rodney King: “Can’t we all get along?”

=======================================================

C’mon people now
    smile on your brother
    everybody get together
    got to love one another
    right now
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    All you need is love,love,love

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

C’mon tits/MR, fess up, you know I always had your number.
    Remember ‘The Golden Jew’?

• Jonesy941

BIG RM looks brilliant getting those future cancers out of the locker room nothing but players with something to prove and the desire to win and showcase there skills. We need some players to step in as leaders.

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    dr_robert Says:

Rodney King: “Can’t we all get along?”

=======================================================

C’mon people now
    smile on your brother
    everybody get together
    got to love one another
    right now
    ********

I liked that era. Blacks and whites and browns all getting along and trying to be groovy.

Too bad so much of it was lost. Although a lot of today’s youth seem to look past color.

• rediaR

SnBG Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    dr_robert Says:

Rodney King: “Can’t we all get along?”

=======================================================

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Yep.

• jesusraiderjim

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm
    jesusraiderjim Says:
    What ever it is Reg looks pretty smart right about now.
    =======================================================

Told you he finally got a Kluwe.
    ———————————————

I see what you did there Llama man. I smell what you’re steppin in man.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Star Trek TNG has a race of people called the Kardassians?
    Wasn’t the one family way more than enough?

All you need is love,love,love
    *********

Ah the Beatles. There we go.

I always loved that song “Dr. Robert” for some reason.

• SnBG

People,…people who need people… are the luckiest people in the world.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

rediaR Says:
    A$$, titties
    a$$ n titties
    a$$ a$$ titties titties
    a$$ n titties
    ========================================================

I think we can all get behind this. Hah!

• jesusraiderjim

—————————————————–

I was born in 61 and grad in 79. This was how it was back then. Hell I used to work in Oak, went to a club where I was about the only “white dude” and never had any problems.

The world has really changed but back in the day it was a great place to be. The diversity of the bay area will always be awesome.

• dr_robert

“Me so horny! Me so horny! Me so horny!”

The great Luther Campbell.

• SnBG

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    rediaR Says:
    A$$, titties
    a$$ n titties
    a$$ a$$ titties titties
    a$$ n titties
    ========================================================

I think we can all get behind this. Hah!
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Or maybe in front of it,or maybe on top of it

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Willy91137 Says:

wholly shipped now were talking about what color the quarterbacks are

I am out of here
    =====================================================

Wholly shipped? I like it.

• ohioraider

SnBG Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    dr_robert Says:

Rodney King: “Can’t we all get along?”

=======================================================

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
    Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
    Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.

• bcz24

******************
    Like I said, I would rather pay him to be on IR for us, than see him suit up for the donkeys

we should have drafted this guy!!

RRS wanted him at #95 (not Bergstrom)

• SnBG

Bcz24 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    ******************
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Can’t argue with that. SIGN WOODSON NOW.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

MaddenRaider used to come on this blog and either turn the whole discussion either about how Al Davis is a turd or how racism is rampant. And some of the posters here would fall for it every time and get vicious. Maybe some of you should just ignore it, and give it a rest.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

mikeschoice Says:
    ============================================

Levi or Cork(maybe both) said Al ignored his scouts often. Notably McClain and partially Jamarcus. His team, his prerogative.