Raiders set to host Woodson for visit

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, May 16th, 2013 at 7:04 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Defensive back Charles Woodson intends to visit the Raiders, if all goes according to plan, his agent said Thursday.
Woodson, 36, met with the Denver Broncos on Wednesday, but he left town without a deal. Earlier this offseason, he met with 49ers officials about the prospect of joining their team.
Woodson’s agent, Carl Poston, reportedly told ESPN that Woodson will visit the Raiders on Tuesday. Poston said earlier this week that the Raiders already made an initial contract offer to Woodson.
The Green Bay Packers released Woodson earlier this offseason in a salary-cap move. At first, Woodson said he wanted to play for a legitimate Super Bowl contender. He since has softened that stance as a result of a lack of interest.
Woodson spent his first eight NFL seasons with the Raiders, who selected him with the fourth pick of the 1998 NFL draft. He joined the Packers in 2006 and helped them win a Super Bowl during his seven seasons in Green Bay.
Woodson primarily played cornerback for the Raiders. He converted to free safety late in his Packers career.
It’s likely that the Raiders are interested in Woodson playing free safety, given they released long-time starter Michael Huff, and they don’t have a proven replacement on their roster.

• Moose

Seymour Bush Says:
    ======================================================

And argumentative needling in general. Read tit’s posts today. He’s baaack.

• SnBG

Please Mr Woodson, don’t put us back into Heartbreak Hotel like you did before. I know we could make it with or without you but we have this crazy little thing called love for you and we know you would be wonderful tonight.
    Climb that Stairway to Heaven and come back to Raiderland

• dr_robert

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    Willy91137 Says:

wholly shipped now were talking about what color the quarterbacks are

I am out of here
    =====================================================

Wholly shipped? I like it.
    **********

Wholly shipped batman!

• dr_robert

Seymour Bush Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    MaddenRaider used to come on this blog and either turn the whole discussion either about how Al Davis is a turd or how racism is rampant. And some of the posters here would fall for it every time and get vicious. Maybe some of you should just ignore it, and give it a rest.
    *********

Yeah. People need to learn to ignore him. Oh wait.

I’m probably the only one rooking for the Knicks tomorrow, eh?

• http://goducks.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Could this happen in (or near) Oakland if we get a new stadium?

=========================================

No objections here. I love cigarette taxes because they’re the only taxes that are 100% voluntary. Nobody pays tobacco taxes unless they want to.

• SnBG

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:45 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Could this happen in (or near) Oakland if we get a new stadium?

=========================================

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Maybe Alameda County could use it to pay off the 140mil tax debt still being paid by us for Mt Davis.

• Moose

TP had to fling Goodson aground to calm his ass down member that sht? his head was not in the game

in Reggie we trust

• dr_robert

Watched blazing saddles the other night.

Couldn’t help but think of the blog at times.

Gave me some extra laughs.

• dr_robert

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    I’m probably the only one rooking for the Knicks tomorrow, eh?
    ********

Are u making fun if Asians?

Sir RaiderDuck, OMS Says:
    =========================================================

Liquor and tobacco are dirt cheap. It’s all taxes.
    My two good amigos, Nick teen and Al K. Hall.
    Those along with the gas guzzling ’60′s era trucks I drove most of my life(general contractor) and I don’t owe the federal gov’t a gawddamned thing..

• dr_robert

Who are u rooking for?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Lily Von Schtupp. She’s tired!

@Dr Bob

I don’t understand.. if that was a joke, I didn’t get it

• Marks hair

the oakland tokers could have build a stadium by now.. legalize and tax..

RaiderRockstar Says:

@Dr Bob
    I don’t understand.. if that was a joke, I didn’t get it
    =======================================================

Either making fun of the Chinese or your spelling.
    Me, I’m not a blog grammarian or spell checker. I notice ‘em, but don’t comment on ‘em. Typos happen too easily. Correctly spelled but totally misused words and phrases tell me something about the poster, but again, I don’t comment on them.

• Marks hair

hewwo iwon man!

• R8ER MIKE

Marks hair Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    the oakland tokers could have build a stadium by now.. legalize and tax..

**********************************
    vote green in 2016 !!!

• RaiderRetribution

looks like the only lock to make the 53-man roster is Jon Condo!!!!!

all other LS have been released1

Condo for Congress!

Raider dan ‏@RAIDERDAN5280 2h

@LeviDamien @TimmyBias11 mandatory minimum on gun laws in the tri-state area New York New Jersey Connecticut 5 years
    Retweeted by Levi Damien
    =================================

Ouch!

• realtruraider

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

we should have drafted this guy!!

RRS wanted him at #95 (not Bergstrom)

——————————————————–

You me and about 90% of this blog picked him for our #95 pick

R8ER MIKE Says:
    vote green in 2016 !!!
    ===================================================

They’ll miss the rhyme.
    Vote green in sixteen.

• hwnrdr

“I’m ty-erd, I’m ty-erd of playing da game”

• spiff

woodson would really upgrade the free safety pos. he could make plays on the ball.something huff couldn’t do consistantly. giordano was simply trash. as a matter of fact, we’ve haven’t had good safety play since rod woodson. before that eric turner (rip).

i think we good at corner we’re good. specially if porter stays healthy.teams won’t have bartell to abuse. he sucked. phillip adams played well before getting hurt. think we will have an under the radar defense that will be good. in both 3-4 and 4-3 base. come on tuesday………

• R8ER MIKE

lol .. thanks Llama man!!!

• R8ER MIKE

oh damn Hwnrdr is still broken !!!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

…undrafted free agent center, Andrew Robiskie.Andrew hopes to become the second Robiskie son to play in the NFL. His brother Brian currently plays receiver for the Lions.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We either got a genetic issue or a fidelity issue.

• realtruraider

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
    Seattle’s former 1st-round pick Bruce Irvin has suspended without pay for violating NFL policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

—————————————————–

Adderall?

R8ER MIKE Says:
    oh damn Hwnrdr is still broken !!!
    =====================================================

Naw. Blazing Saddles. Keep up, man!

realtruraider Says: Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
    =====================================================

How come they didn’t get Louis Murphy for that?

• hwnrdr

781.Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    oh damn Hwnrdr is still broken !!!
    =====================================================

Naw. Blazing Saddles. Keep up, man!

I was gonna say that, thanks Purv!

You remember that movie, right MIKE?

• hwnrdr

Madelaine Kahn…”Oh it’s twue, it’s twue!”

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL ODB
    That’s it Hwnrdr. You need a TO.
    Effin Monkeys broke one of the best posters here. He was sane and nice.
    Damn you Turd Monkeys!!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Me, ODB, and Llama are already broken. We are not affected by the Monkeys BS.

Raider O Says:
    He was sane and nice.
    ======================================================

That’s deviant behavior.

• hwnrdr

LOL, I’m fine O…Happy Friday!

Raider O Says:
    Me, ODB, and Llama are already broken.
    =======================================================

I’m so broke I can’t pay attention.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL Llama Man. That’s why he is special.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    LOL, I’m fine O…Happy Friday!
    $$$$$$$$

LOL
    I’m glad to hear that. Happy Friday Brother.

• Relentless

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    Raider O Says:
    Me, ODB, and Llama are already broken.
    =======================================================

I’m so broke I can’t pay attention.
    —–
    Same here, paid on payday, broke by the next day. Stupid bills, wife and child.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    Raider O Says:
    Me, ODB, and Llama are already broken.
    =======================================================

I’m so broke I can’t pay attention.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Paying attention is overrated especially here.
    Titts
    Monkeys
    Titts

• R8ER MIKE

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    oh damn Hwnrdr is still broken !!!
    =====================================================

Naw. Blazing Saddles. Keep up, man!

***********************
    i am so far behind i thought i was in first place !!

• willy91137

the Minnesota Vikings got their new stadium by raising taxes on cigarettes

I hope Oakland doesn’t raise the taxes on Irish whiskey as I can barely afford it now

legalize marijuana and tax it

legalize crack cocaine and tax it

legal prostitution taxes

can you think of anything else we need money for a new stadium

R8ER MIKE Says:
    i am so far behind i thought i was in first place !!
    ===================================================

Your like that horse I bet on.
    He was so good, it took ten other horses to beat him.

• Relentless

willy91137 Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    the Minnesota Vikings got their new stadium by raising taxes on cigarettes

legalize marijuana and tax it

legalize crack cocaine and tax it

legal prostitution taxes

can you think of anything else we need money for a new stadium
    —–
    Legalized gambling w/ slot casinos not only indian tribes.

willy91137 Says:

the Minnesota Vikings got their new stadium by raising taxes on cigarettes

legalize marijuana and tax it

legalize crack cocaine and tax it

legal prostitution taxes

can you think of anything else we need money for a new stadium
    =====================================================

A dime per comment in here and two cents per line.

• willy91137

This big Swedish lady is at the immigration office and the man behind the counter

said you ought to play for the Green Bay Packers O know I only play with only Packer

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

A dime per comment in here and two cents per line.

Doesn’t sound like much, but consider this:

At a Glance