1,458

More Woodson Q&A

Inadvertantly left off some questions from the Woodson conference call, including an illuminating answer about the difference in the building from the Al Davis days to the Reggie McKenzie regime:

Q: Can you talk about the process with Denver, and what kind of role did they want you to fulfill?

Woodson: Just typical free agent stuff. You go in, you meet, you talk, and the meeting went really well with the coaches. I think we all pretty much hit it off. But there’s always of course the business side of it that sometimes comes up short. So it didn’t work out. This situation did. So here I am, an Oakland Raider again.

Q: Only in the building for an afternoon, but could you already tell the difference in the vibe from the last time you were in in 2005 with Mr. Davis running the organization?

Woodson: I think having Reggie in there, and having somebody that’s really in that decision-making role other than Mr. Al Davis is definitely a different vibe. It seems like there’s more of a control factor as far as what they want to do and what they want to implement as far as their team is concerned. I think it’s a good vibe in there..

Q: When you left here you were Pro Bowl player four times, went to Green Bay, your career was good here, great in Green Bay. What were the causes for you taking your career to the next level?

Woodson: I think toward the end of Oakland, there was some injuries that kind of kept me off the field. Then I think that team-wise, we weren’t a very good team. I think that people just look at you as an individual and say, `If the team’s bad, you’re bad.’ I definitely didn’t play bad football my last y ears. I actually played pretty good football. Going into Green Bay was just a fresh start and I was able to stay on the field and go out there and do my thing and I had opportunity. When I got over there, quarterbacks were testing me a lot more than they had at any time in my career, and it gave me ample amount of opportunity to get the ball, and I was able to get my hands on a lot of balls, make a lot of interceptions and people started to notice again what kind of player I was.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Wow, bridge in Anacortes collapsed? Going there 7/5.

• lefty12

While everyone knows it happened,I’m pretty surprised there was no post about Flynn’s contract adjustment.I really wish Jerry would once again be assigned as blog headmaster.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 22 May

Rich Gannon says there’s no better person to mentor DJ Hayden than Charles Woodson. #Raiders

• Twinkle

Pman the word is out….you are a marked man.The whole bloody lot of em are heading to a place near Truckee.
    Might wanna hone up on antler removal practices….Jeez I’ve gotta stop taking the tablets.Poor form to piss yourself over your own jokes.lmfao.

• ShanghaiSmith

head master?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

lefty12 Says:
    ======================================================

What? You come here for news?
    Wrong place!

• ShanghaiSmith

What ever happened to that noontide character at SnBP

• E Reptile Dysfunction

KoolKell Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 9:55 pm
    Wow, bridge in Anacortes collapsed? Going there 7/5.
    ==============

Not the big bridge that goes into Anacortes. That is where the quake was centered. But the I5 bridge portion that crosses the Skagit. Which is very close.

• dr_robert

dr_robert Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 5:58 pm

When I was in my twenties, I was at a house with some friends partying. Nothing but white dudes. One of them said the n word about somebody. I told him that wasn’t cool. He told me that he didn’t mean that about all black people just some. I told him that while there are jerks of every color, I had probably liked a higher percentage of black people that I knew in my life than white people. That I knew a lot of white people that I couldn’t stand but most of the black people that I had met I liked. Believe me, I got a lot of crap from that crowd. But I say what I want to say and I back down from no one.

Al Davis taught me that.
    **********
    was pointed out to me that i had posted numerous times that i call my black friends “N”, that they were cool about it. i forgot about that. so disregard the above comment.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Oh the Skagit River bridge.

Maybe the govt should fix the roads and bridges, afterall. Instead if giving Corps a tax break. Afterall, it’s their 18 Wheelers that’s running them down.

• lefty12

I learned a long time ago you don’t come here for news.You’d at least hope one could come here for up-to-date info and articles concerning the Raiders since this is supposed to be a Raider/football blog.

• Twinkle

SS we’ll be in a zone or cover 2.Result…seven points.
    PM is a maestro at dissecting zone.Always had his hands full against man.It just so happened that that was what we did.And did so every down.Weather we had the athletes for it or not.His results were not inspiring.

• Try Some Reality

You can come here for news as long as you’re ok with reading the users’ posts to get it. A lof of the guys in here post the latest news/tweets/etc, which is nice.

• Try Some Reality

So another 8 million coming off the cap books in June? Nice.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

KoolKell Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:04 pm
    Oh the Skagit River bridge.

======
    Word on the street is a 18 wheeler clipped the corner of it and brought the mutha down. North and south. Shut down. My guess is at least a year. No fatalities. Pure miracle.

• Twinkle

dr_robert Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:04 pm

dr_robert Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Al Davis taught me that.
    **********
    *******************************************
    S’OK we’ve got that part of it handled.

• Try Some Reality

How close does the reggime feel Watson is? If he’s a no-go this year, Eric Winston over false start Barnes?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Lefty12 Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:06 pm

——————–
    Why don’t you stand up like that when they’re talking about juicing recipes, racism, weed, btches, gossiping all day, huh?

A bridge collapses and you have a problem with somebody mentioning it.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

Lefty12 Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:06 pm
    ==================

Damn. This place is over flowing with news. And comedy. But up to date info concerning the Raiders? Sometimes.

• Twinkle

SS sorry dude but he must have got another date.
    As Chuan Tzu was often heard to mutter….’this too shall pass’.

• ShanghaiSmith

Watson will be a go bros

Twinkle, Woodson told Sio to start running NOW! which resulted in a perfectly timed quarterback rush, and the subsequent removal of Manning.

• Try Some Reality

Lol, always funny when the pot calls the kettle black in here. Some of you are real funny.

• lefty12

TSR,I meant getting news/updates from Cork/the source of this blog.Many of the Semis do a good job of providing links to updated news.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

ShanghaiSmith Says:
    What ever happened to that noontide character at SnBP
    =================================================

Hasn’t been around for a while.

Rich Langford

joined May 13, 2009
    last login Apr 22, 2012
    posts 1288
    comments 6310

*Blogger formerly known as noontide

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Thats going to be quite a detour. It’s going to be a mess

• dr_robert

lefty was replying to purvis comment above, kell. u always butt in where u aren’t wanted. try and add something to the discussion for a change instead of just being a discontent

• rediaR

00tt00 Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    We all loved Al Davis, supporting Reg doesn’t make all of us AD haters.
    ============
    except reg seems to go out of his way to diss the old regeim and makes excuses for himself
    ————————–
    You are a crazy person. He’s been nothing but respectful.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    ====================================================

We did cartoons the other night. Hope you didn’t miss that.

• Twinkle

You want comedy?We do comedy.You want racism?We do that too.You want news?That would be the Fox Media Network.
    You want the truth?That would be anything other than the Fox Media Network.

• Try Some Reality

Yeah, I know what you meant Left. Just pointing out that some of the folks in here do a good job of keeping us updated. Too bad Cork has little interest in doing the same.

• lefty12

KK-what the hell are you talking about?I don’t have a problem about you talking about a Bridge collapsing.

• ShanghaiSmith

Oh, thanks for the info optimist. Need to read there more.. Dude is a pretty interesting writer.

• Try Some Reality

Eric Winston on a 1-year deal as a stop-gap tackle in case Watson isn’t ready? No? You guys think Watson steps right in?

• Twinkle

Here’s a concept…..google ‘Raider news and rumors nfl’

• ShanghaiSmith

Watson steps right in.

• lefty12

I don’t know if Watson starts from day !(season opener),but i wouldn’t be surprised if Barnes misses time to an injury if Watson doesn’t take over and keep the job.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

KoolKell Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:17 pm
    Thats going to be quite a detour. It’s going to be a mess

============

Big time. You can bet prices will go up across the board because 18 wheelers are going to lose time. Lots a big truckin between sea tac and vancouver. Big time mess.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

My misunderstanding, Lefty.

• lefty12

KK-no problem!

• Twinkle

Ohh now you are in the sh!t Lefty.You’ve upset Kell.
    WTF was he on the bloody thing when it collapsed?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just reported it was indeed a18 wheeler clipping that bridge. Wow.

• Twinkle

If any one is wondering why the blog has a disjointed feel to it tonight……it is a full moon.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

KoolKell Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:33 pm
    Just reported it was indeed a18 wheeler clipping that bridge. Wow.

================

That is some fcking crazy shìt.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

Twinkle Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:36 pm

============

Nice. But take rest knowing that pre season moves closer with each passing moon.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Twinkle Says:
    Here’s a concept…..google ‘Raider news and rumors nfl’
    =====================================================

I got a better one set up that eliminates all Bleccher Reports.

That one’s set up for 24 hours but that’s easily adjustable and then re bookmark

• lefty12

Twinkle Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:36 pm
    If any one is wondering why the blog has a disjointed feel to it tonight…
    ==============================================
    No more than any other night.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

Mr Purvis Man :mrgreen: did that 5.8 rattle your bones? Get use to it. That’s the ground shaking when Reggie wheels and deals. :cool:

• E Reptile Dysfunction

3.1 in Westwood 10 minutes ago. Reggie is serious.

• ShanghaiSmith

I lightning bolt business idea sprang from the moon just now./

• ShanghaiSmith

At the cost of grammatical ability